[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SKS stripper clip problem/stripper clip general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_9317[2].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9317[2].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /k/, I have a problem.

I have an SKS, specifically a 1959 dated Chinese SKS with a milled bolt and lightening cut and the factories mark. The problem is that I bought a pack of 20 NCStar stripper clips and wiped the oil off them, and much of the time when I try to push in rounds, the stripper clip goes inside the gun itself and often times disengages the bolt lock, pushing forward and wedging itself even worse. It is a great nuisance and I can't figure out why it does this. I am using Golden Tiger 124 grain FMJ boat tailed, steel-cased ammo.

Thanks for any suggestions.
>>
>>30794390
Forgive upside down picture autism aswell, fuck Camera
>>
>>30794390
NCStar clips are complete shit.
>>
>>30794390
You're using the stripper clip notch at the front of the bolt right? If you are, and when you push down on the rounds with your thumb the stripper clip is jamming down into the rifle's magazine well along with the ammunition, it means that the stripper clips you have are likely defective and/or not designed for your particular type of SKS. There are supposed to be protrusions on either side of the stripper clip that physically prevent the stripper clip from going too deeply into the magwell. From the sounds of it, that's not happening. If you know anyone who has good, working stripper clips, try those.

Other questions to consider:
Is the rifle in good condition? All original parts? Has it been bubba'd in any way that you can tell?

Unless you have a working SKS and stripper clips to compare it to, you might want to see a gunsmith. Or, you might be better off switching to tapco 20 rounders. There's a "duckbill-less" mod as well as a couple other magazine types available. See this website - http://www.thesksmagadapter.com/our-products/

Personally, I just load my SKS manually, without stripper clips. I find it helps me not blow all my range ammo in 10 minutes.
>>
NCStar clips are absolute shit, they are so bad, I've got some now and I can barely get half of them to get into the gun, the other half have rounds falling out constantly. I have had your problem a few times using the clips however it wasn't a continual issue.
>>
File: BXN.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
BXN.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>30794437
>>30795084
This. NCStar a shit. Get Czech BXN clips if you can find them (I got mine on eBay). They feed like a dream. Literally no problems at all.

Pic related.
>>
>>30794390
What number does the serial number start with? Because the 1956 + x number = year manufactured is the incorrect dating way.
>>
Hoping in this thread to ask a semi related question :
Just picked up a norinco sks yesterday, only thing wrong is the fudsy detachable 30rd it has. I want to get a fixed mag back, any suggestions as to where to go to get one?
>>
>>30797477
Show pics of raifu and mag.
>>
>>30797487
At work. I'll post pics if the thread's still up at 4.
>>
>>30794390

Sounds like you have a shitty clip OP. It shouldnt be hitting the bolt release. You can buy high quality surplus clips on ebay pretty easily. I paid 20 bucks for 20 original russian tula made clips
>>
File: P1010486_2.jpg (1MB, 2592x2008px) Image search: [Google]
P1010486_2.jpg
1MB, 2592x2008px
>>30796208
This, get BXN strippers. I haven't had any real trouble with ncstars in my sks, but the BXNs do work better. And the ncstars absolutely will not work in my vz58.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.