[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock 17

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 10174570.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10174570.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
Is this a good choice for my first gun? It won't leave my house. It would just stay in a hand-safe by my bedside in case I have to stop home invaders.
>>
>>30793547
it'll work just fine for that. get a light mounted on its rail.
>>
>>30793547
I'm not a fan of Glocks, but that's just personal preference. It'll work fine for what you want it for.

Look at the Springfield XD line before you make a decision. Same basic style, but I prefer how they feel.
>>
>>30793547
Yeah, it's a solid gun. This was my first one, and I bought it for the same intended purpose as yours. It did jam on me at the shooting range today, though.
>>
>>30793547
yes it would. check out the 19 while youre at it also, its a smaller size, which may feel more comfortable. or maybe not, who knows.
>>
Glocks are good. The handgun market is massive, handle several and pick one that fits your hand the best.
>>
>>30793547
stick it in your pooper.
>>
>>30793547
It was my first handgun.

I would recommend it.
>>
>>30793547
I got the LE discount on the Gen 4 for being active duty military. Hell of a deal
>>
youre paying for the reliability of the brand anon
you cant go wrong
>>
>>30793760
not if you buy a 9mm gen 4
>>
>>30793547
No. Gen4 is shit. Either get a pre2010 gen 3, or wait until the FBI Gen 5's come out.
>>
File: 1467141069521.jpg (100KB, 690x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467141069521.jpg
100KB, 690x960px
>>30793547
Is good gun definitely, but in general you would want a gun that would have greater versatility in multiple areas of operation. A long arm would be far superior as a first gun for having a better system to learn off of, Greater range for a more enjoyable experience at a range, while still having maneuverability through a house if you practice and note locations in the house that would be tricky to navigate and then working around it for proficiency and for you to be a well oiled machine. Not to mention guaranteed "stopping power" if that is ever an argument you have considered.

You can't just keep a gun around as back up and not use it, and if you use it you want to use it for fun to create comfort around it for when it needs to be used.
>>
>>30793865
Gen4s are fine. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>30793865
got about 800 rounds through my gen 4, not a hiccup.
>>
>>30793547
If it's only going to stay by your bedside, I'd seriously think about a revolver or even a Hi-point (not kidding.) Either will work for what you want and they'll be cheaper.
>>
>>30793547
Get a Glock 40 instead.
>>
>>30793547
The fact that you are interested in purchasing a gun and are taking the time to review the pros and cons are awesome.

I like watching youtube videos and reading article on reviews before buying. Don't make a hasty decision because you want the gun 'Now!'

I prefer the Glock. I own the 26, 19, and 17. All three are great guns for the money and haven't failed me yet.

If you are into customization, the Glock has a HUGE aftermarket full of goodies.

Check it all out before you buy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.