[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a gun before HIllary takes them away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: #ofguns.jpg (338KB, 630x675px) Image search: [Google]
#ofguns.jpg
338KB, 630x675px
So i am thinking about getting into the gun collecting business. Some background: im a 23 yr old marine veteran who's only weapons handling experiences are with the military issued weapons.

I grew up in California but now im living in Georgia. I know i want to buy a colt 1911 and a 44 magnum revolvers (those are just cosmetic preference choices) but for my first couple weapons i'd like to get some more practical guns for self and home defense purposes. What are some guns i should consider? i know the glock 19 is very popular, is that what i should heavily consider? and if i want to get a shotgun, what would be the models i should look at?

thank you for whatever advice you can give me
>>
shameless self bump
>>
The Glock 19 is a very good gun, but the handgun market is massive. You really should handle several and pick the one that fits your hands the best.

Also for defense and plinking you really can't go wrong with an AR. Especially with your mil training.
>>
Deagle brand beagle in .500 African Eliminator. Then specially hand load the rounds and have the projectile be shredded up job applications compressed into a copper jacket.
>>
>>30788725
thanks, i'm also planning on getting an AR. I personally would prefer 7.62 because if im gonna shoot someone, i want to fire for maximum effect. But ive heard that in the unlikely event of an apocalypse, 5.56 is gonna be more plentiful to scavenge for. Which ammo variant should i use?
>>
>>30788646
Fnh collectors series
249 semi auto
A4 ar15
Scar H

The get a
Benelli m4
Glock 19 plastic fantastic
Sig of your choosing
>>
>>30788646
If you want to acquire a collection of guns, go shoot all different action types
Then look for guns that make your dick hard. Research to make sure they aren't shit. Then go buy them.
>>
>>30788646
What is your budget?

First of all, buy an AR-15. Solid investment, and it will only get more expensive the closer to November that we get. And it will get exponentially more expensive should Shillary win at that time. Hell, buy a bunch of lower receivers as well and sell them at markup to panic buyers when everything is out of stock, and then use that money to fund the purchase of less 'controversial. weapons like a Glock 19 if you budget is tight and does not allow for you to buy several weapons at once.

But seriously, budget?
>>
>>30788756
5.56-cheaper, more plentiful, will kill someone dead just fine, and there will be more of it (and replacement parts of 5.56 chambered Ar-15s) than there will be 7.62

Besides, you could simply just buy both.
>>
>>30788780
I would stick my dick in that so hard! Just pound away till I nut all over. Then I would ask that cow holding that sexy beast to go make me a damn sandwich.
>>
>>30788794
hey great advice! my budget is at maximum 3000. i am completely ignorant as to price ranges for weaponry. My california upbringing has thoroughly warped my worldview on guns. I didn't even know concealed carry or being able to own "assault" rifles was a thing before the military
>>
If you got experience with it I recommend a Beretta 92, especially the 92A1.

It's more updated than the M9A1, has a great aftermarket community and is overall a good gun
>>
>>30788646
Please don't get an AR as your first rifle. As plinkers they're fine, but you want something reliable for a go-to rifle.
>>
>>30788966
what would you consider a reliable go to rifle?
>>
>>30788966
>reliable
inb4 ak
>>
File: range10.jpg (166KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
range10.jpg
166KB, 1200x675px
>>30788966
>imblying
>>30788974
Buy an AR. Most reliable, cheapest, commonly available sporting rifle on the market right now
>>
>>30789080
Thanks. So in the Marine Corps our M16 A4's were notorious for jamming. I once had a rifle that was essentially a shotgun because i had to rack the bolt back each time i fired. Is that because of design flaws or just POG marines being complete shit at cleaning rifles?
>>
>>30789113
POGs being shit mainly. Also doesn't help if you intentionally abuse your rifle and neglect lubing it every now and then.
>>
>>30788843
You could buy a Colt or something like Bravo Company or Spikes Tactical for a fair price and have plenty left over to spend. I too am accustomed to California pricing, but I am sure you could find a nice AR-15 from similar manufacturers for 1,000-1,200.

Some people will advise you to buy the gucci rifles like Daniel Defense. Those will run pretty much your entire budget. They are fine weapons, but I have never really noticed such an appreciable difference between my Spikes and my DD that warranted more than double the price. That is just my personal opinion, mind you. You or others may feel differently.

An AR-15 is a fine rifle, don't listen to retards like >>30788966 who probably never clean their weapons and only buy poorfag weapons and ammo. I have put thousands of rounds of ammunition through my rifles and have only had a handful of issues, and almost all of those were misfeeds due to using shitty old mags.

Your budget of 3,000 will buy you a nice rifle. At that point you can buy a nice optic, sling, and any sort of rail, weapon light, forward grip, etc that your heart desires. You will still have money left over to pick up either a handgun or a bunch of lower receivers if you shop around and depending on whether you choose solid weapons like Colt, Spikes, BCM, etc or go the gucci Daniel Defense, LWRC, etc route.

Hell, you might even just buy a middling AR and then also buy an AK of some kind and a bunch of lowers, and some ammo, and then buy optics, etc later. No one is trying to ban "assault optics" at the moment, so there isn't as much of a rush to buy those up at the moment.
>>
>>30788974
He's a retard so probably a hi point
>>
>>30789936
Thank you. I think im gonna go with a reasonably priced AR-15 as you suggested and possibly a handgun. I dont see the need for a whole lot of gadgetry other than an optic and a sling at the moment
>>
>>30788966
>but you want something reliable for a go-to rifle

like what, a Nugget
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.