[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ayy LMAO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: brown_m1a2_abrams_tank.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
brown_m1a2_abrams_tank.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Why the fuck US sold M1 Abrams classified DU armor to Morocco for 1 billion $ ??

>https://cryptome.org/2012/06/dod062912.htm

b. The M1A1 Tank Special Armor and other special armors used in the
hull and turret are classified at the Secret level. Major components of
Special Armor are fabricated in sealed modules and in serialized
removable subassemblies. Special Armor components and associated
vulnerability data for both chemical and kinetic energy rounds are
classified Secret.

>https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2012/06/29/2012-15988/36b1-arms-sales-notification
>>
>>30787414
"Special Armor" generally refers to composites like Chobham. Also, the exact armor figures of practically every tank are considered secret.
>>
>>30787467
All Abrams have Chobham Armor, even the Saudi ones,
Australian and Iraqi M1A1SA (Situational awarness) both have Chobham.

Morocco ordered same tanks, but with stronger armor

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/kingdom-morocco-m1a1-sa-abrams-tank-enhancement-support-and-equipment
>>
We are old friends with Morocco.
>>
>>30787486
>Iraqi M1A1SA (Situational awarness)
>Iraqi Situational awarness

This made me giggle
>>
>>30787516
kek, yeah.
but with a good crew it can prefor really well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_0mAxQCDwE
>>
>>30787414
Are the "tank special armour" models the ones with or without the DU inserts?
>>
>>30787516
>>30787535
Heh, biggest oxymoron ever
>>
>>30787414
>>30788005
Looks like they are from US stock, renewed and they added some M1A2aim technology.

I really don't know how Morocco got these for this price,they must be a good ally
>>
>>30787486
>All Abrams have Chobham Armor, even the Saudi ones,

Abrams have never used Chobham, you are thinking of Burlington which hasn't been used since the early 80's.
>>
>>30788827
Morocco has been a close ally of the US for over 200 years.
>>
>>30788922
Why's that???
>>
>>30788941
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan–American_Treaty_of_Friendship
>>
>>30788005
DU is not exported. So without.
>>
>>30789043
You litteraly ignored the sources in first post.

" DoD Leaks Classified Abrams Tank Tech to Morocco "

In all Abrams sales, this never happened even with the Aussies.
>>
>>30789104
IIRC, the Aussies actually declined the DU inserts.
>>
>>30789104
I see no mention of DU armor.

Please provide a source that says that "Special Armor" refers to DU.
>>
>>30789104
All tank armor is classified, silly.

Go find me an official source of the make up of 80s vintage m1a1HA armor, beyond "lol 1st gen DU"
>>
File: m1_110.jpg (116KB, 800x431px) Image search: [Google]
m1_110.jpg
116KB, 800x431px
>>30789132
Why would they don't want the best armor?
>>30789159
If it's not DU, then what is it?
The tanks look like (pic related), they look normal, Like the US ones.
>>
>>30789202
Composites, same as everyone else.
>>
>>30789043
DU is exported depending on the customer, middle eastern countries were not offered but European countries were. Australia turned it down because of the fear mongering about DU.
>>
>>30789194
>>30789228

They sold it to KSA, Iraq, Australia, Egypt.
While none of above said anything about armor, all was mentioned in the export contract that they are export versions.

Why only in Moroccan contract, information like this has been leaked?
>>
>>30787414
>https://cryptome.org/2012/06/dod062912.htm
>ctrl+f depleted
>no results
>ctrl+f uranium
>no results

why do you feel the need to shitpost so much?
>>
>>30789202
>they look normal, Like the US ones.
Why on earth would they look any different?

Oh wait no you can totally see the lack of DU in the armor plates in that picture, its right under the paint and outer composite layers! Just look super close!

>>30789256
>Why only in Moroccan contract, information like this has been leaked?
Exactly what information was leaked, OP? Just because the tanks have armor the makeup and construction of which are classified doesnt mean we went and told them how to build it. The coatings on the fire control sensor lenses are classified too, do you consider us giving them fire control systems a leak?
>>
>>30789244
To date, DU armor in abrams tanks has not been exported.
>>
>>30789631
No buyers =/= not exported. Australia, Sweden and Greece were offered DU.
>>
>>30789244
The serial number on the turret indicates the armor package, Australia has a different serial number than Egypt/KSA/Iraq/Kuwait.

If you can find a picture of the serial number ona Moroccan Abrams you will know its armor package.
>>
>>30790132
>>30790162
Also remember that there has been at least 3 generations of DU armor.
>>
>>30789244
>fear mongering about DU
Greenpeace and general lack of education?
>>
>>30790252
Basically yes. This was in the middle of the scare about US DU sabots giving everyone in the ME cancer
>>
>>30787414

Special armor is basically the sandwich of layers that compose the base Abrams armor.

It's incorrect to call it Chobham and it is not ceramic either.

The DU usually goes on top of the special armor.
>>
What do we actually know about the DU plates on the M1s?

Are they just rolled uranium or something?
>>
>>30790366
You know when I saw the equipment list on that document including things like "Chrysler mount machine gun" the first thing that popped into my head was a librul reading it and going CHRYSLER KILLS BABIES THEY MAKE DEATH MACHINES because they dont understand what they were reading.

Took me way too long to figure out thats exactly what OP has been doing this whole thread
>>
>>30789104
Chobham armor composition is "classified armor". It does not have DU inserts. M1 armor, atleast without the DU, is recognised as being fairly shit.
>>
>>30788941

First country to recognize the US, and unbroken diplomatic ties since.

>>30788827

M1A2 AIM isn't a thing. AIM is specifically for M1A1, since the base M1A2 already has digital controls and integrated management rolled in.

>>30790366
I'm pretty sure the DU goes behind the composite layer.

The M1A2 improvement program is SEP.
>>
>>30787414

Morocco is our friend; they were the first people to recognize us as an independent country!
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.