[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 15

/k/ Can anyone link useful, recent information supporting the 2nd Amendment. Tomorrow in Class Ive got to argue against the Renewal of the Assault Weapons Ban, thanks
>>
>>30784931
do your own homework.
>>
>>30784931
bump
>>
Show up with the jack in one hand and the wheelgun in the other and demonstrate safe and responsible firearm use to the class by demonstrating your marksmanship on the whiteboard, then vomit and pass out. You'll win trust me.
>>
>>30784931
Just take the firearm homicide statistics from 1994-2004 and then compare it to post 2004 stats. It shows a decline I'm firearm homicides even after the awb expired.

Then show the stats for CAs firearm homicides, which are the highest In the nation for rifles. And compare it to Texas, which also have higher stats. Show how the AWB doesn't matter then make a connection to gang crime and drug trafficking.
>>
What is the cheapest, non-shitty AK-74 variant I can buy? I can't afford an Arsenal.
>>
Rifles of all sorts, including those considered assault weapons only account for 400 deaths a year.
Swimming pool accidents account for 3200 on average.
Swimming pools are literally 8xs as deadly as rifles.
>>
File: cag.png (129KB, 1311x1052px) Image search: [Google]
cag.png
129KB, 1311x1052px
>>30784931

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSySuemiHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJOSm9Bg7WY
https://www.quandl.com/data/FBI/WEAPONS11-US-Murders-by-Weapon-Type
>>
Would you be able to use a .410 revolver for home defence? Is a .410 even capable of killing someone?
>>
File: tmv.jpg (29KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
tmv.jpg
29KB, 600x315px
>>30785905

Also link below is EXTREMELY RELEVANT. AWB features like bayo lugs get BTFO a little bit above half way down.

http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/costs-consequences-gun-control
>>
>>30785915

Yeah, it can kill people at closer ranges if you place the shots well and don't use bunko ammunition. I'd suggest just using .45LC instead of shotshells if you're actually looking to do serious home defense with a gun like that.

Preferably just get a real scattergat like a Mossberg 500 or a pre-2000's Remington 870 or get an AR.
>>
Why does /k/ preach how great freedom is, but only want it for white straight men?

not even tumblr here, I just don't get how they can claim they love freedom, then turn around and kiss the government's ass begging them to oppress everyone else more.
>>
File: 1466145715615.jpg (69KB, 661x411px) Image search: [Google]
1466145715615.jpg
69KB, 661x411px
>>30786410

We don't you fag, stop listening to /pol/ crossposters.

I'm a gay dude and no one on this board has ever told me I shouldn't be completely equal under the eyes of the laws. In addition, one of the resident board heroes is a black dude who loves anime and galils, etc. There are a considerable amount of chicks (not just traps) who show up to Nuggetfest and other meetups, and the only flak they get is just the normal vague sexism for neckbeards behind monitors who wouldn't even show up to a meetup in the first place.
>>
File: Silhouette.jpg (24KB, 350x670px) Image search: [Google]
Silhouette.jpg
24KB, 350x670px
So what's the suggested range for shooting? I was at the range a couple days ago and my friend commented on how far out my targets were. Is there a recommended range or a reason why I shouldn't put my targets (as my friend says) "too far out?"

(Usually put my rifle targets at 100y and my pistol targets at 20y)
>>
>>30786542
I believe it's usually 10-15 yards for handgun, and then 50-200 for rifles but that's just the way I learned. Also you could go 25 for marksmanship but that's just for bragging rights
>>
Does anyone know any good holsters for a general compact hand gun? I need something for my m88a and I can't find something that doesn't look like complete shit
>>
>>30786428
Idk, I still see a lot of people on /k/ hate on blacks, Jews, Muslims, and other minorities. I know that that's a small percentage but that small percentage is very vocal.
>>
>>30786542
Just practice at ranges at which you'll realistically need to use your firearms. For durr hunting my shots usually vary between 30-150 yards, so I try to git gud at all of those ranges. For pistols I usually stick between 5-10 yards for any sort of rapid fire/self defense scenario, but I'll push the target out to 25 yards because I want to tighten up my groups, and nothing exaggerates any errors I'm committing like distance.
>>
File: 1450605672519.jpg (20KB, 511x341px) Image search: [Google]
1450605672519.jpg
20KB, 511x341px
>>30786601
You're on an imageboard, what did you expect?
>>
>>30786616
I know but I guess that's what the original guy was saying, why does /k/ make it seem that if you're not white you're not alright
>>
>>30786707

Because this site has been around since before you annoying faggy milennials decided everything on the internet had to be real life and started taking every single comment personally. This was about the time that usernames died.
>>
File: 1413848372592.jpg (43KB, 242x255px) Image search: [Google]
1413848372592.jpg
43KB, 242x255px
>>30786707
>why are there users expressing opinions on /k/

I can't see what you're trying to get at. If you're implying a few opinions is representative of an entire board's mentality, you're wildly wrong. Should the overtly racist anons be banned for having such opinions? No. Do I agree with all of what they say? No.

Learn to ignore opinions you dislike and you might actually enjoy it here.
>>
>>30786734
Oh don't worry I ignore them it's just, it goes back to the stereotype that all gun owners are racist. And me and you both know that's not true. But the loudest opinion is the only opinion you know?
>>
>>30784931
http://www.assaultweapon.info
>>
>>30786428
>I'm a gay dude
Enjoy burning in hell for all eternity :)
>>
>>30787025

Kek, thanks. I appreciate your belief that god cares about me enough that he looks into what I jerk it to.
>>
I would look up the legislation after the son of sam killings then the last assault weapon ban. Then I'd compare it to laws passed in the more stricter states and see what they have in common or not when it comes to what they try to prohibit and why along with what triggered it. I wouldn't bother with really comparing statistics from higher controlled states vs less although if you have to argue it someone else will. I wouldn't bother with it because people will bring up California when most of that is centered in a certain area like Oakland or something is generating their bad statistics. Just seems kind of dumb to me when it's like one town so go punish the next town over and every town around.
>>
>>30787490
I'm just giving you a few things that might be relevant don't want to give you any talking points or anything.
Prohibition gun bans is probably the best place to start, arguably those were enacted in a much different time because law enforcement is far more effective and has way more means to deal with those threads, ironically a lot of that was enacted because police were under-armed instead of being equipped to deal with the issue sort of like how police got federally banned from having military hardware recently. They didn't have good enough gear to enforce laws. With the refinement of how they deal with criminals it's almost less of an issue, except people don't demand gangs actually get taken down or want to give the police the means to deal with it which makes gun control measures sort of a treat a symptom rather than the disease kind of thing.
>>
If I buy ammonium nitrate in bulk(50 pounds) for exploding targets, will I be contacted by the ATF?
>>
>>30787546
by the way don't tell them shit like treating the symptom and not the disease because they think an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure when they're not preventing anything bad happening.
>>
>>30784931
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBrxjLcuygRlG9Tgdw2CiHtV9g1kgUwZGRnieYBpwSo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>>
File: IMG_5034.jpg (446KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5034.jpg
446KB, 1280x960px
Do I need to go through an FFL to receive ammo?

pic related
>>
>>30788015
no
>>
Should I get an HK USP for a ccw?
>>
>>30788030
What's the easiest method for shipping? My aunt in Virginia came across that old box of cartridges and wants to send it to me in Texas.
>>
File: c1d.jpg (180KB, 643x600px) Image search: [Google]
c1d.jpg
180KB, 643x600px
>>30786410
I wonder who could be behind this post...
>>
>>30786714
I don't take anything personal, but I do believe that behind every sarcastic remark or joke or banter, there is always a small bit of truth to it
>>
>>30784931

I want to build a target stand out of black or galvanized steel pipe. Would either of those be durable enough to withstand hits of from calibers up to .308?
>>
Just took a monster shit, realize i have no toilet paper left, im at home, i live alone

What do i do?
>>
>>30789824
Not many depends on how large the pipe is and shot placement.

If its not thick hardened steel 308 will do serious damage to it.
>>
File: Homicide Rate.jpg (135KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
Homicide Rate.jpg
135KB, 800x552px
>>30784931

Assault Weapons Ban had no statistical effect on the homicide rate or violent crime rate; both of which have declined since the AWB expired.

End of debate.
>>
Also, hammer on how "assault weapon" is a completely made up category of firearms, and is based on cosmetic features that do nothing to enhance or detract from the lethality of the weapon.

Collapsible stocks make it easier for you store your rifle. Pistol grips are necessary for rifles with straight-line construction. Flash hiders do not work as advertised (show pic of M16A2 firing at night). Front pistol grips are only useful for carrying a rifle for an extended period of time (like if you're hunting or operating), grenade launchers are already highly regulated under the National Firearms Act, and finally about how bayonet mounts just let you turn a rifle into a pointy stick (just like duct taping a knife to a broom), and how bayonets were first invented for hunters to protect themselves from large game.

Point out how more people are kicked to death in a year then are killed with rifles period. Talk about how VT happened even tho he was armed with 10 rd mags and pistols only, or how Nice was able to happen with a truck.

This probably won't sway your classmates, so you'll need to go further. Tell them about the wild boar infestation in the United States, and how much damage they do to farms and how they can financially ruin farmers. Point out how boars travel in packs of 15-20 members (sometimes more), and how boar hunters love the AR-15 with 30 round magazines precisely for its ability to quickly deal with large groups of boar, and how boar hunting is encouraged by agricultural groups and government agencies.
>>
Any MN bros out there who can recommend a CCW course? I don't really care about the price.
>>
>>30789999
I hope you aren't wearing good socks...

Better idea, use kleenex or tp tube.
>>
>>30789999
do you have running water? Wash up Asian style.
>>
I ended up getting a TP9SA the other day and shot it for the first time right out of the box. It would fail to go into battery every 3 or 4 rounds. I know this isnt a xommon problem with the TP9, so
1. What can I do to fix it?
2. WHY, mechanically speaking, is this happening? The rounds are cycling but the stricker will not strike the primer at all.
>>
>>30787596
Anyone???
>>
The inside of a shotgun barrel is about 18.5mm and standard quality estes rockets are 18mm wide.

What can I do with this information?

I tried looking up guides for building an rpg from scratch, but couldn't find anything.
>>
>>30791711
Does it have to be actual rockets?
You can launch an appropriately-sized dowel a good way with a regular shotgun shell, sans shot.

Add warhead to stick... presto!
>>
Should I invest in accurizing my 10/22 with a Green Mountain barrel, new stock, trigger group, and optic; or would replacing my shitty Crosman pellet rifle with an RWS 34 be a better decision?
>>
File: 1469396156255.jpg (26KB, 475x350px) Image search: [Google]
1469396156255.jpg
26KB, 475x350px
>>30784931
show up with a rubber hammer and pretend to beat the shit out of them all

then tell them if they had an assault weapon they would be able to stop the assault hammer attack
>>
>>30790712
Have you tried running different brands of ammunition through it? I had the same problem with my CZ85b. It could also be a problem with the magazine.
>>
File: joe-medicine-crow.jpg (220KB, 1920x876px) Image search: [Google]
joe-medicine-crow.jpg
220KB, 1920x876px
Whatever happened to /k/'s petition in regards to naming an attack helicopter or helivac after Medicine Crow?
>>
File: 785113.jpg (46KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
785113.jpg
46KB, 880x660px
Are rifle stocks ITAR controlled? I want to get a stock for my 10/22 shipped from the US to my country (Chile)
>>
File: 1469712821497.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1469712821497.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I've got a Chinese style 75 round ak drum made in Romania and every video I see disassembling it easily lift off this cap, but mine is attached. I can't figure a way to line up the back bolt without taking it off.
>>
http://www.galls.com/howard-leight-survivair-opti-fit-tactical-gas-mask is this a good model of gas mask? I want a new gas mask to replace my british milsurp I got as a birthday present.
>>
>>30792098
Havent taken it back to the range yet. I was using Perfecta so tomorrow Ill take it back out with a couple different brands of brass and see where it goes. Both the mags it came with gave me that problem, and I tried dropping the ammo into just the barrel when I dissassembled and cleaned it, and it went in without frictionb
Being significantly felt.

Cleaned the shit out of it too so heres hoping it works. Thanks for advice
>>
I know this is kind of a dumb question, but I can't find an answer. I'm 19 and I want a Hi-Point Carbine in 9mm. I remember from somewhere that someone under 21 cannot purchase ammunition for handguns (like 9mm). Is this true or am I retarded?
>>
File: bergmann_1.jpg (189KB, 1600x917px) Image search: [Google]
bergmann_1.jpg
189KB, 1600x917px
Does anybody have patent drawings of the Bergmann 1896 no. 3? I've found the ones for the 1894 and I have several reference pictures, but I need more.
I'm working on a 3D printable model.
>>
>>30795316
You legally can't buy it for use in a handgun. If they ask just tell them it's for a rifle. If they question it you could always show them a picture of the caliber stamp.
>>
>>30795415
Thanks
>>
>>30791901
Can you shoot a springer worth a shit?
If not, are you willing to put in the time to learn to shoot a springer worth a shit?

No? Upgrade the 10/22 and stock up on 22lr.
>>
>>30785925
I wonder if a large shaped charge facing up in a box truck, and parked in an underground garage, would be militarily useful.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.