[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you buy a full auto Uzi for $10k /k?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: uzi.gif (290KB, 792x417px) Image search: [Google]
uzi.gif
290KB, 792x417px
Would you buy a full auto Uzi for $10k /k?
>>
>>30783243
no. id buy a ac556k instead. if i already owned the ruger or were spending 20k then yes.
>>
Nope. Even FA uzis are super meh
>>
>>30783243
Noup
I dont even buy the one for 950 bucks...
http://waffen-joray.ch/automaten/uzi-smg-1-detail
>>
I'd buy 2 Mac 10's
>>
>>30783762
Macs go for 8k nowadays
>>
>>30783775
No greedy asshole dealers LIST them for 8 but they go for 6 or 5 if they're extra shitty.
>>
>>30783932
I understand your point but I wouldn't spend $5-6k on an extra shitty gun

That said I could never justify the expenditure of tens of thousands of dollars on a machine gun when they are physically worth so very much less.
>>
>super cheap stamped machine pistol
>10K

go away IDF
>>
>>30784198
You can thank Ronald Reagan and the Washington aristocrats for that one, bub.
>>
File: Uzi wood.jpg (374KB, 901x600px) Image search: [Google]
Uzi wood.jpg
374KB, 901x600px
>>30784198
>not getting an old Vector Arms build with a heat treated receiver and superior fit & finish
>>
File: IMG_1944.jpg (140KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1944.jpg
140KB, 864x648px
>>30783243
I'd much rather have a m/45 or one of the american made clones than an UZI.
>>
>>30783243
>gif

Not gonna trick me
>>
>>30783243
God no, cheap israeli shitheap for 10k. boo
>>
>>30784662
Actually, I do like those better, particularly the American ones.
>>
>>30783243
i couldnt pay that much even if it was to buy a house
>>
>>30783243
For a full auto uzi? I wouldn't spend more than 500$
>>
Are UZIs shit? They used to be such a meme from 70's till 90's....
To a point where every smg with magazine in grip was called 'uzi' by nogunz.
>>
>>30783243
Nope, I wouldn't buy a full auto weapon for 1k unless I could sell it for more. Just a waste of money, all the weapons that deserve to be full auto's can be converted p. easy if there is a happening
>>
>>30785527
What shithole do you live in that $10k for a house is outrageous?
>>
File: uzis.jpg (62KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
uzis.jpg
62KB, 500x324px
>>30785708
They're ok. Fairly good even, for their time.

The magazines are good and can be used for various other guns, available in 25rd, 32rd, and 40rd in any of the original military fairings, 25rd and 32rd ones being the most common.
There also existed the 10rd mag for the pistol variants and the AWB period, as well as 50rd sticks from the aftermarket.
A thing I've seen done is to cut off lower half of a mag (not just for the Uzi, by the way) and weld on a Suomi KP/31 72rd drum, this will typically work, and is probably the best hicap mag you can get for a 9mm subgun or carbine.

The barrel is held in place with a knurled or ribbed nut, which makes it easy to remove for cleaning, but it also makes for a very secure place to fasten a silencer, just replacing the nut with a silencer made for this arrangement.

The telescoping bolt idea was pretty good at the time, because straight-blowback was how you did subguns then, kept the package short, the barrel is like 10" but most if it is inside the receiver, it's an efficient use of space. I think this is why it remained so popular for so long, a lot of other subguns didn't bother with that kind of basic space efficiency, or they didn't offer enough else beyond doing what the Uzi already did to be worth replacing in places where it already was.

I think the Mini Uzi is as good as the Uzis get, actually being reasonably compact and lightweight as a subgun compared to the full-sized one, but isn't a hard to grip and control bullethose like the Micro.

Until the 1980's, it was still a pretty solid choice, because it did what a subgun needed to do (be an open bolt blowback gun that shot pistol bullets from a stickmag for as long as you held down the trigger).
Eventually the MP5 would come along, and after a magazine redesign, make itself known as a pretty phenomenal subgun with it's high quality build, low-recoil and accuracy.
>>
>>30785892
i have a 50rd uzi mag
doesn't work for shit

can't load more than 46 rounds and it nosedives constantly
>>
File: S&W M76 Suomi Drum.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
S&W M76 Suomi Drum.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>30785912
Doesn't surprise me, a standard boxmag typically gets fucking weird once you start taking it beyond 40rds.

Ever tried to make one of those Suomi magazine monstrosities? Or have a gunsmith make one?
>>
>>30786093
the Suomi drum mag conversion thing has been a thing i've been thinking about

allthough it's for a 9mm AR15, not an Uzi
>>
File: kp31_72rd_drum_9mm_luger.jpg (136KB, 621x307px) Image search: [Google]
kp31_72rd_drum_9mm_luger.jpg
136KB, 621x307px
>>30786243
It'll work just as well.
Those KP/31 drums are really very solid and feed very reliably, by far the best subgun drums of the 20th century, the Finns seems to just have gotten it right (this is also in contrast to the PPSH41 drums which were janky shit)

They can be rebuilt to work with many 9mm subguns and carbines, I've seen someone make their own machined steel lower for a Tec-9 pistol which took these drums, I'd imagine it had a vastly improved performance for those reasons (replace shitty Intratec mags with god-tier drums, replace flimsy plastic lower with durable steel, so it can handle loads heavier than 124gr).

I've also seen an archive photo of a Makarov pistol fitted with a modified drum.
>>
>>30788727
yeah one day I'll tackle that plan

32 round Colt mags with +4 floorplates are nice

but hell a 72rd drum would be awesome
>>
>>30783645
How do you get a full auto license in Switzerland? Can you even shoot full auto or is it a collectors thing?
>>
>>30788815
yeah they can

one way is to establish a collection path

like having 3 semi auto SMGs, since that is establishing a line of collection you can apply for a full auto one to round off your collection

however shooting them is rather restricted (on full caliber machine guns) if you want to use them on a proper gunrange
>>
As a man who has fired a full-auto Uzi before, I will tell you that the large fucking brick sticking out of the grip's rear is a big pain in the ass. It's heavier than shit, though that does reduce recoil. Still, the grip safety feels unnatural and easily slips out of your hand. There are far better auto SMGs out there.
>>
>>30788815
shooting full reatard needs a license each day you want to shoot it
which is pretty stupid IMO
>>
Everytime I hear Uzi or MAC 10 I think back to street gangs of the 90s and early 00s
>>
No. I'd buy a semi clone and take a trip to Lowes for 400 though.
>>
>>30788861
Switzerland has some serious regulations on ranges
>>
>>30783243
>buy $300 uzi parts kit
>don't make it semi only
>???
>profit
>>
>>30789239
As someone who lived in Switzerland on and off for a few years, I can tell you that it's really not what /k/ thinks.

The people are okay in the countryside but it really isn't a great place to live. Even if it had the gun laws people think it has, it would still be fairly shitty.
>>
An MK760 is a better choice.
>>
File: m76c.jpg (117KB, 700x535px) Image search: [Google]
m76c.jpg
117KB, 700x535px
>>30790502
Probably, though it's not as compact.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.