[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIA 40sw for Limited Division

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: RIA 2011 40cal.jpg (69KB, 1024x552px) Image search: [Google]
RIA 2011 40cal.jpg
69KB, 1024x552px
Looking to get a RIA FS HC 40SW for limited in USPSA/3-Gun. Anyone have one or experiences? I love tinkering with guns, and I could do the work on the internals if required to get a better trigger.

I'm skeptical on the value of a STI/SVI, but I'm also considering doing a CK arms build from parts, and I have the Kuhnhausen books and what I'd consider a fairly good machinining/metal working background.

Or just buy $700 worth of 9mm and shoot my G34 in production?
>>
Never buy a gun chambered in .40
>>
I dont get the logic of people on here that tell people not to get things unless they wanted to hoard the ammo or parts or something
>>
>>30782357

they get a lot less traction than 2011s, and good mags are a bit more expensive. dunno if they need 1.180" OAL to run reliably like 2011s though.

a SPS is $1400-ish for a 2011 clone albeit full of MIM. Patrick E Kelley breaks one down on YT

>>30782398

you need .40 as the min caliber to make Major. plus you can shoot Minor and the reduction in capacity isn't too bad with 140mm mags.
>>
>>30782398
You must have a vast collection of memes
>>
>>30782970

Not him but it's not a meme that LE Agencies around the country are dropping .40 like a hot rock.
>>
>>30782987

and yeah i agree it's useless as a defensive caliber.

but the rules of competition mandate .40 if you want to make Major.
>>
>>30782987
>>30783004
Ah so you do subside solely on memes. Thanks for confirming
>>
>>30782987
He isn't buying a Rock Island Armory double stack .40SW 1911 because he wants something to carry. He is buying it for USPSA and 3 gun for the .40 cal limited production division you stupid nigger
>>
>>30782573
>>30783004
>>30783714
Thanks, I realize I have to sift through that shit when posting on this forum.

After looking around, I think I'm going to slowly and carefully build a CK arms base 2011 .40 from available parts online.
>>
>>30783714

not a bad idea. MosinVirus has a set of videos on building a 2011. Atlas Gun Works has a lot of good 2011 smithing videos too. go with the Clark/Para/Lissner ramp. i've got an AET barrel on mine. and don't ignore a SPS or a used gun from Enos to get your feet wet in Limited.
>>
>>30784425
>>30784056

derp quoted wrong guy.

also go ahead and get a metal grip since you're going to want one anyway. i like the SV over the Phoenix and Trinity.
>>
>>30784517
>>30784425
Great, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>30784517
>>30784425

argh it's late at night.

*Schuemann barrel
*Phoenix Trinity and CK and STI

also shooting your G34 in Limited is certainly doable. i'd grab some TTI baseplates and have at it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.