[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1466345214454.gif (428KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1466345214454.gif
428KB, 500x322px
/k/ I am bored out of my mind, what are some good movie idea's....

Thanks
>>
Flight of the intruder
>>
Heat. Torrented it two days ago and watched it. Wish there was more intense heistey shootout stuff after the bank scene, but it was still pretty good.
>>
>>30779197
yeah great movie.. seen it years ago, the street shootout was base as fuck ... I dont think its been beaten yet
>>
>>30779082
I guess you've already seen Strangelove, judging by the pic, Have you seen Full Metal Jacket then?
And if you have, Paths of Glory is also really good.
>>
any of the old tom clancy books
sum of all fears for instance
shame they never made one about the fatter books like red storm rising or that other one where china goes apeshit and russia suddenly can into nato
>>
>>30779082

Dr. Strangelove is going to be in certain theaters in September, part of TCM's classic movie line. I'm going to go see it.

I know that doesn't help you now but maybe it will give you something to do on Sept 25.
>>
>>30779352
Now one would just need a girl to take into that one movie in the last few years thats worth watching at the movie theatre

blyad
>>
>>30779082
All Quiet on the Western Front (the black and white one)
Joyeux Noel
>>
>>30779082
John Wick
over the top, but actually takes guns seriously e.g. Suppressors aren't silencers, people have to reload all the time, getting shot in kevlar still hurts, 9mm to the stomach isn't a confirmed kill, etc
>>
>>30779279
Yes I have, good movie

>>30779446
Of course I have seen John Wick, cant wait for the second one
>>
>>30779411
dubs confirm All Quiet
>>
>>30779082
>The Longest Day
>A Bridge Too Far
>Where Eagles Dare
>The Guns of Navarone
>>
>>30779352
lucky you...enjoy
>>
>>30779082
The Proposition, watched it yesterday, really good. Rare to see Australian Westerns, lots of history, has Irish in it too.

Cross of Iron, my favorite war movie for some reason, doesn't mean you should expect much. Fun German perspective movie with lots of tragedy and such, great action, and an ending that I still love.

Dog Soldiers. British military squad vs. Werewolves, dark comedy, lots of guns vs. magic monster action, need I say more?

Four Lions if you're in a political mood about kebab and want a funny as fuck dark as night comedy. Four Brits decide to become terrorists despite being fucking retards.

The Star/Zvezda. Entertaining enough Russian WWII movie, mostly espionage and sneaking, but has it's fair share of action, some good characters too.

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. Japanese-British POW camp movie, one of Beat Takeshi's earliest roles and one of the few ones where he speaks English. Sound track is amazing and film is emotional, does a good job of painting the Japanese as violent and cruel but also understandable. It's one of the few Japanese made WWII films that holds accuracy yet is still good too.

Stalingrad 1993. The PERFECT Eastern front film, it's amazing. Can't say enough good things about the movie, must watch.

Three Kings. Pretty good Desert Storm comedy, really entertaining and funny, but kinda anti-US military. Very memorable with good dialogue and characters, but the moral/message might be a deal breaker.

For me I've got a backlog of John Wick, El Alamein (an Italian WWII film, caught my interest right away) and War 2002 (Chechen war).
Hope my favorite underrated /k/ movies helps, OP.
>>
M*A*S*H
>Comedy; set in a field hospital during the Korean War. Spawned one of the most watched TV series' of all time.

Letters From Iwo Jima
>Jap perspective

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
>Russel Crowe is a ship's captain during the Napoleonic Wars

Beasts of No Nation
>Child soldiers in Africa

Das Boot
>German U-boat crewmen during WW2

Leon the Professional
>12-year-old Natalie Portman tries to seduce an Italian hitman
>>
>>30779411
>Joyeux Noel
My high school German teacher would love you. Seriously though, it's a fantastic movie about something relatively rare in history - a spontaneous truce between soldiers without the consent/knowledge of the higher-ups. Christmas truce feels.
>>
>>30785168
Whoops, my reply ended up becoming a new thread.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.