[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POG vs Grunt: Peace Time Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: pfc_dwight.jpg (45KB, 427x643px) Image search: [Google]
pfc_dwight.jpg
45KB, 427x643px
Is there any real, discernible difference between POGs and regular infantry during extended eras of peace time? From what I understand infantry types believe they are better than everyone else for two reasons, one being that they put themselves in harms way by volunteering for combat and the second being their stricter PT standards. Now that they are no longer being deployed to combat zones (excluding SF) the only thing they can really pride themselves on is their PT, but I've met some ripped POGs as well as some scrawny grunts so that seems arbitrary. So, what's the real difference between a POG and a grunt during this time in between conflicts?
>>
>>30777636
Try comparing a 'rippped' pog and a scrawny grunt in a field exercise with a 12 mile hump 80 pound load in 100 percent humidity after completing a 3 day PB operation and see what you get.

Boot pog faggot.
>>
File: qZjDcq3.jpg (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qZjDcq3.jpg
89KB, 1920x1080px
>>30777636
>Hits finances
> extremely effective
>No shekels for booze or cigs
T-T
>>
>>30777673
this. we have a better lifestyle than you poor miserable faggots any day of the week. eat shit.
>>
>>30777673
>walking 12 miles
Wow are you a green beret? Also have fun with the job hunt
>>
>>30777750
I don't have to friend, using GI BILL to study law for the oncoming gun bans.

Also was a skilled tradesman prior to military and getting paid 25 shekels an hour to sit around and watch college kids do all the heavy lifting :^)
>>
>>30777769
I'm confused, did you enlist with a four year degree? Because you need one to go into law school and I think GI Bill only pays for undergraduate.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>30777673
>boot
>pog
I was a corpsman which is like a pog-grunt hybrid. I deployed once with the FMF and once on a destroyer, both were pretty shitty but in their own ways.
>>
>>30777833
You're wrong about the GI bill. It pays for graduate, law school, whatever.
>>
>>30777833
No I'm using it to study paralegal and then plan on going to law school. The also have it to where you can extend or help find grants for graduates.
>>
>>30777860
>the "a mortar landed 3k away on the fob" ribbon
>>
>>30777873
Whatever you say man, so where is your CAR?
>>
>>30777636
You missed a reason. As a POG that took his MOS to carry a viable skillet over when he switches to Grunt, i havd a theory. Grunts have a sense of superiority to help cope with the bullshit. They'd be killing themselves in bigger numbers otherwise. It's a morale thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (781KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
781KB, 1536x2048px
>>30777873
I thought that was the CAB
>>
>Take a couple pot shots
>Call in air support
WE WUZ GRUNTS
>>
File: 1469424928231.jpg (132KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1469424928231.jpg
132KB, 681x496px
>>30777931
Skillset, not skillet.
Fuck me with a rusty bayonet, I feel stupid for that.
>>
>>30777938
>take a couple mountain dew shots
>talk about something you dont know
WE WUZ SHITPOSTERS
>>
>>30777949
i like skillet better anyway
>>
>>30777636
The difference?

In peace time POGs have an immediate function. Grunts soak up resources like the welfare queens they so tenaciously claim to not be.
>>
>>30778185
>this
The only thing peacetime grunts are good for is eating my chow and taking up room in my gym
>>
>>30777873
You still haven't posted your CAB/CAR so I'm gonna have to assume you're some boot grunt who hasn't even deployed yet and spends his days jacking off between rounds of CoD, am I in the ball park?
>>
>>30777833

The GI Bill pays for literally almost anything: pilot schools, college, commercial dive schools, forearms instructor schools, sailing schools...just a few erando things the GI Bill will pay for.
>>
>>30777931
Makes sense
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.