[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muh Tomatoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: cocksucker.jpg (55KB, 530x352px) Image search: [Google]
cocksucker.jpg
55KB, 530x352px
I'm looking for /k/'s advice for an urban farmer with a squirrel problem.

Slingshot or Air Pistol / Rifle? I need to be somewhat stealthy about ridding my yard of these pests, as there are nearby houses that overlook my backyard, and undoubtedly some bleeding heart liberals who will report me for defending my veggies. I think it's also illegal to hunt them in my city / province, but at this point I don't really care.
>>
>>30776833
get pic related and a bucket of water
when the trap is occupied drop the cage in the water for 5 minutes
rinse and repeat
>>
File: 71j3PDjCqjL._SX355_.jpg (22KB, 355x250px) Image search: [Google]
71j3PDjCqjL._SX355_.jpg
22KB, 355x250px
>>30776863
forgot the pic
>>
File: IMG_2362.jpg (681KB, 2052x1160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2362.jpg
681KB, 2052x1160px
>>30776833
You could get a gamo whisper air rifle or equivalent, good hunting pellets, and shoot from a 2nd story window so the pellet lodges itself in the ground.
>>
Get a varmint-chasing dog and an air rifle.
>>
>>30776863
man, thats some cruel shit, drowning animals. at least shoot em.

The only varmints i shoot are coons, possums, coyote, groundhog and other actual pests. The squirrels are not a problem here but I understand they can be. but at least kill them humanely.

you are racking up some naughty points for drowning animals, just sayin' friendo

dont fucking drown them.
>>
File: adult-squirrel-costume.jpg (617KB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
adult-squirrel-costume.jpg
617KB, 1750x2500px
>>30776947
It's really the only option in an urban environment where you can't shoot them. Animal control even said it was fine as long as you dispose of them fast to avoid spreading disease.
>>
>>30776833
Get an air rifle with an integrated suppressor. As long as you can't remove it it's legal.
>>
>>30776833
Get live trap, and take them far away a day later.
>>
File: uqvbG.jpg (246KB, 472x640px) Image search: [Google]
uqvbG.jpg
246KB, 472x640px
>>30776833
What if that squirrel has an MOH?
>>
>>30777068
doesn't look big enough to effect a pellet, so he'll still end up with shredded insides
>>
File: shoulder squirrel.png (329KB, 513x604px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder squirrel.png
329KB, 513x604px
>>30776833
I find that befriending them is more effective
>>
If theyre on your property, fucking with your crops, its considered rodent/pest controll.
I have a ruger break barrel pelet rifle for just such an occasion.
>>
>>30776833
>illegal to hunt them in my city
you're not hunting, you are exterminating varmints. Worst case scenario you need a predation license, but probably not.
>>
Well OP, I don't know much about squirrels, I just think of them as tree rats myself. Try some makey bait blocks or something. It's rat poison, but may work on them. Or just say fuck city ordinance and shoot them anyways. Potato silencer may work, or may be a myth.
>>
>>30777086
Be warned that squirrel has had many combat tours in the middle east
>>
>>30776833
Suppressed lever or pump .22 with weak loads.
>>
>>30777157
Can confirm that 22 shorts from a rifle make less noise than my pellet rifles.
I've killed a racoon in town with 22 shorts.
>>
>Get 5gal bucket.
>Fill almost half way with water.
>Use stick as ramp.
>Get bird seed.
>Sprinkle layer of seed on water surface.
>Put seed at end of stick near bucket.
>Squirrels drown.

Works great for me. I hope the picture helps.
>>
>>30777130
>but may work on them
typically it doesn't even work on rats unless they ingest large amounts.
>>
>>30777242
has to be bigger than a 5 gallon, they can jump out of it
>i know cause i tried it
>>
>>30776947
>you are racking up some naughty points

No one is counting them in this world, that's for sure.
>>
Get a schnauzer. They love to eat squirrels.
>>
>>30777273
Maybe you didnt fill it enough. Or maybe my squirrels aren't as smart/big as yours.
Regardless, any tall bucket would work great.
>>
>>30777242
wouldn't the water just fall out the bucket like that?
also how would you balance it on the stick?
>>
>>30776833
I usually use my M1 Carbine, but given your problem there is a clear solution.

Become a well trained Balearic Slinger.
>>
>>30777312
Laying down will give you the answer you seek.
>>
>>30777242
You left out
>once there are at least 5 squirrels inside
>boil it with taters and carrots!
>>
if you get a small game hunting permit and they are in season i think you can kill them even in city limits (as long as it is with a bow or sling or pellet gun).

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/current/mammalregs.aspx
>>
File: _20160727_151928.jpg (2MB, 2220x4971px) Image search: [Google]
_20160727_151928.jpg
2MB, 2220x4971px
>>30776833
The beeman is surprisingly good for the price, but the walther is fucking amazing.
>>
>>30776833
Rat trap + laser pointer.
????
profit
>>
>>30777000
growing up on a farm, I have traumatic memories of going around picking up the baby bunnies, putting them in a bucket, and then watching grandpa turn the hose on and drown all the bunnies I collected for him.
>>
>>30779992
Why didnt you just eat them and make mittens instead?
>>
>>30779992
yeah, the drowning is shitty, it does crumble my jonathans. my dad traps skunks and drown them in the pond.

all the skunks in the area leave me alone or just walk by casually, one walked up on my porch and ate some cat food. i have never been sprayed and i think they are cute little dudes. They have never proven to be destructive around here. I trap and shoot coons because they rip up our crops and tear up our sotrage areas, but i shoot them in the head to end it for em fast.

they spray my folk's place religiously and they live right up the road.
>>
File: 12-years-a-slave.jpg (75KB, 680x477px) Image search: [Google]
12-years-a-slave.jpg
75KB, 680x477px
>>30776863
>drowning animals

Jesus fuck

This (http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-pistols/american-classic-pump-pistol-177) + traps is what you should be doing.
>>
>I need to be somewhat stealthy about ridding my yard of these pests
CCI Quiet is airgun level quiet. Not quite as good as a suppressor with subsonics, but a decent substitute. It's also much more potent than even the .22 Diabolo Pellets you can buy at Wally World. I've taken plenty of squirrel and a few rabbits at short range with CCI Quiet and occasionally with Aguilla Super Colibri, though the colibri was far less accurate than CCI out of a Savage Mark II.
>>
Lever or bolt .22 with CBs or kolibri loads
>>
>>30776833
FWIW if they're going after your tomatoes with a vengeance they are doing it for the water in the tomatoes. It's fucking hot out and them's some juicy tomatoes.

Putting down water will 1) attract them into an easily target-able location and 2) may lessen the load on your tomatoes since all they really want is water.
>>
>>30776863
>when the trap is occupied

How about instead of drowning the poor thing, just shoot it! Or silently stab it to death.
>>
>>30780206
I've heard of people having pet skunks. They capture them, have their stink glands removed, and then domesticate them pretty easily. Supposedly they're pretty friendly and sociable.
>>
Depending on what you grow and how your yard is set up, etc., it might just be easier to get something to cover your garden or otherwise stop the squirrels.

Pro is you only do it once, con is you don't get to heartless murder fuzzy animals.
>>
>>30781588
Has to be done shortly after birth and then it had to be raised only by humans. It's s tough process and thanks to humanitarian laws illegal in most states.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.