[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BCG Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 14551248551591834472259.jpg (82KB, 330x214px) Image search: [Google]
14551248551591834472259.jpg
82KB, 330x214px
Can I use one BCG for two AR's? I read somewhere that you should have one for every rifle, but I'm not sure if that is some fuddery.

And if the answer is shouldn't, could it still be done with a BCG that has cycled maybe like 100-200 rounds?
>>
Yes you can. But why would you. They are a cheap part. Just buy one for each gun so you have 2 functioning guns.

The one bcg per gun is due to the bcg wearing in.
>>
>>30775998
that light weight bolt carrier seems stupid as shit, the bolt carrier was designed with a certain weight in mind to work reliably, the buffer is made for a certain weight, it just sounds like an easy way to get more malfunctions just to save a few ounces.
>>
>>30775998
>I read somewhere that you should have one for every rifle, but I'm not sure if that is some fuddery.

Owning more than one assault rifle is senseless...just buy one ar15 and get different rifles and shotguns for different hunting seasons...don't waste your dollars.
>>
>>30775998
>Can I use one BCG for two AR's?
No. Don't do that. It's not fuddery I had someone explain this to me once before.
The bolt carrier moves around in your AR, even if it's made exactly the same specifications as every other AR upper on the planet it's going to wear differently than another one. That bolt and receiver are going to wear in together and mold together in a way for fitting with themselves. The weapon would become a lot less reliable if you drop in parts worn for another weapon to a different one. It's best to just get new parts for the other one.

I'm not saying that you can't do it or that it'll really have that big of an effect if any. But that's how I understand it.
>>
>>30775998
Why wouldn't you have two complete guns?

>>30776085
>it just sounds like an easy way to get more malfunctions just to save a few ounces
Reminds me of the horrid lightweight cheesegrater receivers where it's covered in speedholes to cut weight and it leaves the receiver entirely open to the world, defeating one of the AR's strengths.

>>30776137
>assault rifle
Faggot.
>owning two is senseless
Doublefaggot.
>>
>>30776085
>>30776228
I think they're for tuning down even lower gas pressure to cycle the bolt with adjustable gas blocks. Combined with a lighter spring or lightweight buffer it could be a damn laser with no recoil at all.
>>
Does it matter though if I've only shot maybe 100-200 rounds through it? As well, I'm trynna have it for my .300 Blackout pistol, and its previously been used for a .223 rifle.
>>
>>30776228
>Not recognizing trolling
>>
>>30776085
they work fine if properly tuned for one type of ammo with an adjustable gas block. competitors wouldn't use them otherwise because any malfunction will guarantee losing. the military specs have margins of error for manufacturing tolerances, diverse, shitty ammo and dumb users.
>>
File: LatvianCinamonRolls.jpg (593KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
LatvianCinamonRolls.jpg
593KB, 1200x900px
>>30776179
>be CF fag armourer
>we store our BCGs and rifles seperately
>always get a different BCG in our C7s and C8s when we take them out
>literally nothing happens
>we even have a special gauge straight from Colt Canada to test the interchangeability of the bolts to make sure they will function in every and all rifles.
This is taking into consideration that it is military rifles and everything is supposed to be made identical and be interchangeable.

If you have two ARs and one bolt-carrier group from the same manufacturer I guess it can be fine but you have to consider that different parts from different places won't always be to the same specs.
>>
>>30775998
I own more bolts and carriers than rifles...
>>
>>30776137
I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
>>30776179

Now this is shitposting fuddlore to the fucking extreme.
>>
That's like saying use two uppers with one lower. Sure, you can, OR you could spend another $100 and have a whole nother gun.
>>
>>30777821
Yes, having a hobby is autism.
thanks noguns, let us know how it goes the first time you get to fire one.
>>
>>30776137

>Guaranteed responses
>>
>>30777491
Damn I like colt, they must be going out of business if they got a canada office to export to the UK.
>>
>>30776137
>assault rifle
>>
>>30777725
This, it has moving parts, it will wear out. Have a backup bcg.
2 AR's, 3 bcg.
>>
>>30776838
>I said something retarded
>LOL I TROLL U
Fucking dipshit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.