[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why enlarged magwell is not a standard feature of M4 carbine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: 1458346144145.jpg (230KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1458346144145.jpg
230KB, 800x1200px
Why enlarged magwell is not a standard feature of M4 carbine?
>>
>>30775244
Because snake oil is rarely a standard feature on any firearm.
>>
Because its not hard to put a mag in an M4. Literal millions of people manage to do it without aftermarket training wheels.
>>
File: 1458346144145.jpg (67KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1458346144145.jpg
67KB, 876x493px
>>30775275
Same could be said about AK. But for some obscure reason AR fags sperg about AR mag change speed every time someone mentions AK reliability. When did speed of mag change become irrelevant in the AR world?
>>
it's cheaper to make regular lowers
people buy cheap shit
many of the high end ones don't' even do it because it's not that big of a deal outside competition
>>
>>30775244
if you have problem inserting mags into that thing maybe you shouldn't use it in the first place
>>
>>30775244
Noveske lowers are all flared.
>>
>>30775297
There is a measurable difference between the time it takes to rock a magazine into place versus slamming one home. There is no difference in the latter movement with an enlarged mag well.
>>
>>30775244

Why is the BAD lever not a standard feature on every AR.
>>
It's something nobody needs unless you're shooting 3gun or similar, and would add extra weight.
>>
>>30775244
Unless you're competition shooter, I doubt the marginal improvement would mean anything.
>>
>>30775275
You could say that about Glocks and yet there are like 50 different Glock magwells all that tactical timmies are sperging over at the moment.
>>
>>30775297
you mean you don't mag dump 40 round asssault clips at 600m targets and practicing speed reloads in between?
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>30775744
because it's really easy to accidentally the lever when reloading quickly.
>>
>>30775736
>There is a measurable difference between the time it takes to rock a magazine into place versus slamming one home.
>I've never used an AK the post
The time difference comes from the AR having a bolt hold open/release. I could get an AK mag from its pouch, use it to knock the old mag out and rock it in in less than 2 seconds. That was after 30 minutes of practice.
>>
>>30775935
And someone practiced at slamming it home can still do it faster with an AR because less movement is involved.
>>
>>30776417
lol If the difference was that big, there wouldn't be top level competition shooters using AK's.
Here's one of Haley doing the full reload in like 2 seconds.
www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/11/even-faster-ak-reload-by-travis-haley/
>>
>>30775722
Do you know what "standard feature" means
>>
File: way-of-the-future-1-638[1].jpg (47KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
way-of-the-future-1-638[1].jpg
47KB, 638x359px
>>30776446
>>30775935
Top level competitors don't use AKs outside of AK specific competitions. Reloading the AK is slower than the AR. You're just buttmad because the rifle you bought is not the top dog. The AR-15 is the way of the future.
>>
>spending money to fix a problem that would be negated with 15 minutes of using the rifle or you know, practicing occaisionally
>implying it's a problem at all unless you're michael j fox
>>
>>30776596
>implying top level competitive shooters arent training.
>>
>>30776556
Please anon, do show me an AR reload faster than the one I posted that Haley did.
>>
>>30776446
But Haley senpai isn't a competition shooter.

And competition shooters almost exclusively use AR15s, with the small, but notable exception of iron man class use if SCAR 17s.

The only slavshit run are shotguns, and those go tits up all the time at matches
>>
Do you need a funnel to stick your bore snake in your GF?
>>
>>30776641
>But Haley senpai isn't a competition shooter.
I never said he was.

>And competition shooters almost exclusively use AR15s, with the small, but notable exception of iron man class use if SCAR 17s.
I though I remembered a video where Jerry went against a guy using an AK at some competition but I can't find the video.
>>
>>30776596
Of course you everyone can manage to reload quickly with training, but the flared mag well all but eliminates the possibility of fucking up. It's kind of like your mother's cavernous mile wide vagina, it just makes it easier for all those cocks to fit in without the possibility of missing.
>>
>>30776897
>Jerry went against a guy using an AK at some competition

Must've been a pretty ghetto competition. I do intermediate 3 gun matches and nobody, I mean nobody uses AK platforms.
>>
>>30775244
Unless you're Michael J Fox, you have no excuse for using one of these.
>>
>>30775744
i've said this forever. that thing is amazing
>>
>>30776629
>I don't shoot ARs or AKs but here's someone else's video
Hint: all the best 3 gunners and whoever aren't spending 10 gazillion years videoing their AR15 reloads because it's fucking easy to do fast. They'd much rather train shotgun reloads.

>>30777018
>I said it before and people disagreed so I'll literally post it again
fuck off
by that logic open class guns shouldn't even exist. this kind of lazy thinking is like "why sharpen stick to make spear, club is good enough, train harder!"
>>
>>30777057
So what you're saying is that you don't actually have any proof an AK is any slower to reload than an AR?
>>
>>30777102
>if it's not on youtube it doesn't exist
this is some summer nogunz logic right here.
>>
I always just think of my secretary.
>>
>>30776511

Yea, it is "standard feature" on a noveske to have a flared magwell.
>>
File: USMC-120427-M-SR181-035.jpg (352KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
USMC-120427-M-SR181-035.jpg
352KB, 1800x1200px
because the magwell designs aren't owned by colt or remington, and the army and marines spend millions on testing rifle designs before they commit to milspec.

this means that the government wastes your money for obsolete designs, and in order for them to justify wasting more of your money on magwells they have to come up with an excuse which hasn't presented itself because top government offcials are inbed with remington and colt for weapons contracts.

Also the hk416

The M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle (IAR) is a lightweight, magazine-fed 5.56mm weapon used by the United States Marine Corps. It is intended to enhance an automatic rifleman's maneuverability, and it is based on the Heckler & Koch HK416. The U.S. Marine Corps is planning to purchase 6,500 M27s to replace a portion of the M249 light machine guns currently employed by automatic riflemen within Infantry and Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalions. Approximately 8,000–10,000 M249s will remain in service at the company level to be used at the discretion of company commanders. The United States Army does not plan to purchase the IAR.[

has magwells
>>
>>30777340
Are the RMR issue item in USMC?
>>
>>30775275
>>30775499
>>30777018

>i can do it while shooting out of the bed of muh truck and eating a sandwich

if you have never bumped your magwell with the feed lips you have never shot an ar15 with any sort of intensity.
>>
>>30776987
That was IV8888 I think, using a Saiga-12?
>>
>>30775935
>The time difference comes from the AR having a bolt hold open/release

And drop free if that's you're thing

>>30776556
And that has nothing to do with a vast aftermarket, competition specific guns and the nature of the gun being a super soft shooter right.

Yeah the reload is slightly faster, but that's not the biggest advantage
>>
>>30775752

at the same time it's not something that detracts from an AR-15 though. it's easily removable and only helps your reloads.
>>
>>30779933

Saiga/VEPR 12s aren't rifles. they also put you in open class since your reload is a hell of a lot faster than doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3DrV-2T8nM?t=2m39s
which is a hell of a lot faster than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaElhPSONF8
>>
File: usmc-m27.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
usmc-m27.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
>>30777795
For the Squad Day Optic, which is mounted on the M27 and M249, yes
Regular rifleman ACOG/RCO doesn't
>>
>>30779933
Are all AK guys this lost in the sauce?
>>
>>30776897

i haven't watched these videos yet, but Jerry compared the AR to the AK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkLfpgvm2Ng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFXatpprmbg
>>
>>30781216
Not him but I think they look goofy. Stupid reason but I don't really see a reason to care when I'm not doing three gun at anything but a recreational level. And I feel it might reinforce bad habits for me but again that is secondary to the fact I think they look goofy and don't add much.
>>
>>30777340
Do you know what a magwell is?
>>
>>30775244
Because if you're not a fucking palsy, loading your weapon doesn't require a fucking funnel.
>>
>>30777188
You watch your ass
>>
There isn't enough demand to warrant standardizing flared magwells in the civilian market. The military obviously isn't going to pay for it when they can just scream at retards who don't know how to reload for free.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.