[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ommandos, been looking into buying a hunting rifle. it'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: gun1.png (76KB, 900x222px) Image search: [Google]
gun1.png
76KB, 900x222px
Hey /k/ommandos, been looking into buying a hunting rifle. it'd be my first gun owned, and a starter so i'd be looking for something that uses cheaper ammo.
Pick related one of the guns im looking at.
>>
File: gun 2.png (42KB, 600x129px) Image search: [Google]
gun 2.png
42KB, 600x129px
bump with the other one im looking at
>>
first is savage arms axis ii xp, first is the remington 783
>>
savage axis, ruger american, remington 783 are good choices

caliber depends on the game, but .308 and .30-06 will take almost all north american game.
>>
for a gun that looks just like that one but for a pretty cheap cost would be a mossberg patriot
it runs .308

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mossberg-patriot-308-win-combo-bolt-action-rifle-with-scope
>>
>>30773409
looks like something that i should add into my selection list, thanks man
>>
File: k approved durr rifles.jpg (333KB, 1746x1562px) Image search: [Google]
k approved durr rifles.jpg
333KB, 1746x1562px
>>30773116

Here OP.

I recommend going for a .308 or 30-06.

My suggestion is the Savage 110/111 in .308 which you can get paired with a decent scope for around $600.
>>
Can't go wrong with a Remington model 700.
I own several and they are good hunting rifles.
>>
>>30773554

If this chart is going to be vague about certain models you should change the finlight to sako 85
>>
>>30773116
The Savage is very accurate and has a good trigger, but is ugly as fuck imo.

The Remington looks sleek but it's a remington so it's going to have terrible quality control, and ontop of that its an entry level rifle so it will be made cheaply too

for a budget hunting rifle, the best deal out there is the Howa 1500/Weatherby Vanguard (same rifle essentially, different stock) these are excellent quality rifles at a very decent price. if you want to spend a little more then the Tikka T3 is debatably better again

>>30773554
dont bother looking at this useless chart, out of the hundreds and hundreds of hunting rifles out there, it lists 10 random rifles with no mention of pros and cons or different prices.

pretty much every single modern firearm (with a few exceptions) is going to be good, they would not be put into production and sold if they were bad and they were not selling. the only brand which you should avoid is Remington because they literally dont give a fuck about quality control anymore and are releasing rifles with all kinds of issues

o yeah, also. you should not choose a calibre just because its cheap, you should figure out what you intend to do with your firearm and then figure out which calibre is suited to that. no point in buying a .223 rifle because of the cheap ammo and then finding out its no good to you because you wanted to hunt deer with it.
>>
>>30773116
Like others have said, 308 or 3006.

I have the cz 550. its both cheap and have a fully adjustable trigger. it is solid and reliable as hell (m98), and have no plastic shit like some of the newer hunting rifles got.

The howas are great, but did have some problems with the trigger breaking after a while, but i heard they fixed it?

remington have gotten worse in overall quality the later years. the cheaper 700's is not what they used to be. ive heard of accuracy problems out of the box.

Tikkas, sakos and browning are great and solid.

Ive heard good things about the newer savages and the new trigger they got
>>
I can't believe people are suggesting .308 shit.
>first rifle
>wants cheaper ammo

Uhh, senpai; this is .22 territory.

Get a Ruger 10/22 you'll love it day one and love it until the day you die. Ruger American and other rifles suggested in the thread are good too, but I wouldn't bother with bolt-action for a .22 and .22 is definitely what you should be looking at.
>>
>>30773554
>My suggestion is the Savage 110/111 in .308 which you can get paired with a decent scope for around $600.

2nd the Savage 110, I got mine in .30-06 paired with a scope at walmart - pretty sure it was in the 300s though and only 3-4 years ago.

Seriously, pick up the phone and call walmart.
>>
>>30776498

He said hunting, dork. .22 is not for hunting. Ya should read more.
>>
>>30776604
That depends entirely on what you're hunting, dork. Either way, everybody's first gun should be a .22
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.