[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas Law Shield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9

So the other day I made a thread about getting my LTC here in Texas and a lot of you guys mentioned Texas Law Shield. No big surprise they came and spoke to the class and offered their platinum membership. Are they legitimate? Are they worth it? Thoughts?
>>
Read the fucking fine print is all I have to say. None of the self-defense insurances seemed worthwhile when I read through their text but I'm not a Texan so I didn't read this one. Remember that cases can cost YUGE amounts of coin--Zimmerman is on the hook for like 2mil. Insurances work by a lot of people paying in a little and then just a few needing to pull out a lot. Do you think any of these insurances have enough people paying in a little for you to pull out a lot if need be--oh and to cover costs for their site, and the salary for the guy who is managing it, and other sundry expenses...? Do they guarantee that when you need them most they won't say "oh because of line 34.b we don't have to help you at all sorry sucker"?

READ THE FINE PRINT.
>>
>>30772508
Texan: "35 degrees is so cold"

Appalachian: lmao
>>
>>30772508
Doc Holliday was from Louisiana.
>>
Texans wouldn't last in winter in the actual north, not fucking New York City tier winters but anything north of Massachusetts have some hard and long winters that Texans wouldn't survive in. Bonus points to the Michigan's UP, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Wyoming for brutal winters as well.

Also, the NRA offers Lawyers for free if you pay their membership fees. Granted, they're "free" and are probably sub par quality but if you're in the right you'll most likely win and not pay a hefty fucking fine for criminal and civil courts.

Families of criminals are the worst people ever when it comes to this.
>>
File: HIS SMILE AND OPTIMISM- GONE.jpg (51KB, 514x520px) Image search: [Google]
HIS SMILE AND OPTIMISM- GONE.jpg
51KB, 514x520px
>>30772508
>90 degrees
>With 90% humidity
Just fucking give me the dry 120 degrees, please. Every time I step outside it's like stepping into a sauna that uses soup broth to generate steam.
>>
>>30772656
but dequan was a good boy he dindu nothin
>>
>>30772627
>appalachian
>mountains
>>
>>30772670
Basically you walk outside and suffocate to death.
>>
>>30772627
Live in MT, used to work with a guy from Austin.
He couldn't believe that I'd take -5F over 85F with 80% humidity.
God I hate humidity. At least cold weather you can dress appropriately and be fine. Humid weather you can be naked and still uncomfortable.
>>
>>30773060
No, I walk outside and in less than 5 min every part of me that ins't covered in clothing is drenched in pseudo-sweat.
>>
>>30772508
They aren't worth it.
>>
>>30772656
>>30772627
>>30773078
What do you call a bunch of Texans in the snow?

>a Donner Party
>>
Had to move for two days and then went to an outdoor range in this stupid ass heat. Honestly i prefer cold and dry at this point. I guess at least the weather keeps the liberals out
>>
>>30772656
>New York City tier winters
Move that up about 80 miles and over 200 and you have a cold fucking winter.
>>
>>30772508

What

>>30772593

Said.

I did, and I did sign up. I might never use it, but having a hotline to a Texan 2A lawyer if I ever do was worth the price tag.
>>
File: TexasFlagPicture3.png (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
TexasFlagPicture3.png
32KB, 300x300px
>>30772627
everyone who isn't from down here thinks we're pussies for wearing jackets and shit in 50 degree weather. Then they come down here and they realize that 50 degrees with 99% humidity equals the heat literally being sucked out of your body and then they walk around dressed more Eskimo than the natives are
>>
>>30773198
I shovel snow in shorts and flipflops, pussy.

>t. Minnesotan
>>
>>30773115
Fuck you Yankee shithead.
>>
>>30772508
Fucking Texans. I've been there and the dry heat is not a fucking problem. Funny thing is that while a Yankee can easily survive your dry ass summers, you guys come up here and careen off our roads every fucking time there's a dusting of snow. I see more southerner plates in the ditches than Wisconsin plates. Oakies, Texans, Floridians, Georgians, and so on, all fucking up in the snow.
>>
>>30773227
What's a snow?

>t. Floridian.
>>
i feel like this thread de railed
>>
>Georgia gets less than a quarter inch of snow.
>Cars are flying off roads and Atlanta comes to a standstill.
>>
>>30773227
I've been in northern snow, it isn't cold if the snow itself isn't touching your body

spend a winter down here Jennifer then see how fucking smart you are
>>
>>30772656
>anything north of Massachusetts

nigga, last year we broke the state record with 110 inches of snow

not only was it cold, but it was even colder when your roof collapsed.

that and it hit -1 in boston, but the wind chill brought it down another 10.

>>30772670

as a new Englander, I didn't mind my time in Greece in 07 when it hit 40-45 degrees celcius, which is about 110. considering I had to walk 5-10 miles everyday, I think I did pretty well.

I didn't mind it too badly as it was all dry heat, but as soon as it hits 90 with a high humidity, I just want to fucking die, and its been like that for over a week here.
>>
File: 1461552104262.jpg (110KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
1461552104262.jpg
110KB, 800x612px
>walk outside in south florida
>begin to profusely sweat within one minute
>starts raining
>stops raining
>humidity ramps the fuck up
>everything is hot, sticky and there's mosquitoes biting your shit
>>
>>30772508
>90 degrees
Holy shit what. That's like a literal sauna (although I enjoy my sauna at 100-110 degrees), but a sauna session lasts for an hour at maximum. How do Americans cope with the heat?
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 800x800px
>>30773516
>>
>>30773482
Louisiana is with you brother.
>>
>>30773516
> 90
> Hot
Nigga here in California we were at 114° for 3 days. Don't even get me started with Arizona heat
>>
>>30773851
>114

Now you're bullshitting, there's no way that's normal.
>>
>>30773198
Bruh, 50° with high humidity is the best fucking weather on the planet.

It's dry wind that sucks the heat right out of you. 20° is light jacket weather as long as the wind ain't blowing.
>>
>>30773863
>>30773851

>On 13 September 2012 the World Meteorological Organisation disqualified the record for the highest recorded temperature, exactly 90 years after it had been established at El Azizia, Libya, with a measurement of 58 C. The official highest recorded temperature is now 56.7 C , which was measured on 10 July 1913 at Greenland Ranch, Death Valley, California, USA.

Bullshitting confirmed.
>>
>>30773863
>>30773882
Idk how the fuck i typed in 114. I meant 104° look it up, it was 3 days ago i believe in socal when it hit 104° my mistake guys
>>
>>30773198
Really? In central PA, we get a lot of fog when the temperature is around 50F and I can go outside in a T-shirt.
>>
>>30773896

That's still double the heat record.
>>
>>30773907
He's using Fahrenheit.
>>
>>30773896
>>[backpedaling intensifies]
>>
>>30773907
You know that Celsius and Fahrenheit are 2 different things right? I was using Fahrenheit
>>
>>30773912
>>30773917

Oh, well fuck me. Why would anyone use fahrenheit though?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-26-23-42-52.png (700KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-26-23-42-52.png
700KB, 1080x1920px
>>30773863
>>30773882
>>30773907
>>30773913
Look niggers
>>
>>30773925
Because that's what we use in the United States.
>>
>>30773937

...but why?
>>
>>30773944
USA uses Imperial system. Its too late to go back and use Metric so we just deal with it.
>>
>>30773959
And we tried once to change... it didn't work too well.
>>
>>30773959
>>30773967

But it worked for the Bongs, and there are a lot of advantages to the system, like compatibility with all the other nations and ease of conversion.
>>
>>30773982
>like compatibility with all the other nations
They aspire to be like us anyways, because they aspire to not be so poor.
>>
>>30773993

But... clapistan is pretty poor.
>>
>>30773982
We know how much better the metric system is trust me, im a burger and i prefer metric. But the US has been using Imperial too long to just change back, it'd take like 100 years to convert successful, all our vehicles, machines, signs, etc. Are in imperial so reverting would be extremely difficult, plus everyone thats used to imperial will be left on the dark until the people who learned metric their whole life over populates them.
>>
>>30774004

But how is having to learn two different systems better?
>>
>>30773999
I am no clap, but a burger.
>>
>>30774030

Sorry, mr. burger.
>>
>>30774038
I forgive you. Now go forth, and sin no more.
>>
>>30774065

I'll do my utmost, mr. burger.
>>
>>30774019
We don't learn 2 different systems. School never used metric unless we were doing chemistry or geometry. everything else is fucking imperial and imperial is literally everywhere here. Here seeing anything in metric is fucking rare as fuck m8. Everyone thinks im crazy because i use metric. Everytime i measure something, or look at temperature people ask me "why are you using weird units anon?" Its just how it is here. Some people dont like it, but it just is how it is.
>>
>>30774004
It's fucking relative either way. I understand metric rationale but whether you're doing base 100 or base whatever (imperial) it doesnt make a shred of difference to the common retard who can't do basic math without a calculator app.

>t. Civil Engineer
>>
>>30774076

But using metric for scientific stuff means you'll have to learn the system, doesn't it?
>>
>>30774077
All the real jobs use metric. Whenever you're doing anything important you use metric. Everyday life imperial. Guess what almost everyone perfers in burger land (hint: there is more people in jobs that don't require measuring shit or anything ) you guessed it, imperial. Even though metric is better and is used in important things. Imperial is still far more widespread in burgerland. (I prefer metric btw)
>>
>>30774089
Again, it's not that hard. Whoops I just gotta remember to use different divisors. For people that don't do math for a living it's relatively insignificant.
>>
File: Sky Harbor.jpg (22KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Sky Harbor.jpg
22KB, 480x270px
>Texans think they know heat.
>>
>>30774089
Yes but not everyone is a scientist. Some people can go their entire lives without learning metric. Or they will learn it for like that one class in highschool and they will never use it again. Again I'm FOR METRIC but its obvious that Americans DO NOT want to use or learn metric. I urge you to go to any publuc place (a park or a restaurant ) and do a survey of what everyone measures with i guarantee you that the majority of people use/prefer imperial because thats all they've known and used their whole lives (the average joe)
>>
>>30774096
Better is entirely relative. While our base 10 global culture makes metric more intuitive, it wont change anything for people other than being relatively familiar with shit on sight. People who don't use basic math will fare no better either way.
>>
>>30774107
ikr?

>>30772508
guess where the hottest temps on the planet have been recorded?

California may not have good gun laws, but we smash texans on heat.
>>
>>30774116
How are you not unerstanding this? People where raised their entire lives using imperial. You can't just fucking teach them Metric that easily. People in America are fucking stupidand lazy (the majority of them) you don't understand what or who you are talking about here. The average American DOES NOT WANT TO OR WILL LEARN METRIC BECAUSE IT ISNT NEEDED FOR THR AVERAGE AMERICAN. WHY LEARN SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE TO DOTN FORGET WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AMERICAN MENTALITY HERE
>>
>>30774098

Huh. So if I'm understanding this right, people are just too used to the system to let it go. Is it just stubbornness or is there a deeper meaning, like special snowflake syndrome or something?

What happened when they tried to make the change?
>>
>>30774134
You actually can but my point was that it doesn't matter. They're both relative systems of measurement with varying unit complexity/obscurity. You really just proved my point that it doesn't actually matter.
>>
>>30774122
>what is humidity, the post.
>>
>>30774135
It's stubborness and stupidity. Its the whole "you cant teach an old dog new tricks" type thing. If people can live without learning something that isn't VERY needed they won't do it. Thats sadly just how people think. For example why haven't you taken CPR classes anon? They're relatively cheap and take up a bit of time?
> Why haven't you learned how to [insert something that isn't used/needed widely here] yet anon? Its easy and you just have to study it a bit?"
>>
>>30774135
It really just didn't have traction. Again they still measure the same relative things, the numbers just differ because of what scale the units are based on. While I totally agree that metric is generally more friendly to measurements in the world, it frankly doesnt matter so long as you have the brain cells to know what the units measure.
>>
>>30774146
> You actually can
Once again you are not understanding me. Do you not understand that the MAJORITY of people do not like change? Do you know what the MAJORITY means?
>>
>>30774163

I do have taken CPR classes though. Multiple ones, in fact. Actually, I think the majority of people have some sort of knowledge of resuscitation techniques due to the whole conscription thing.

>>30774165
>>
>>30774188
Are you from USA? How much people do you know that have taken CPR classes. By how you been answering i cna almost guess how you will reapond. Listen. Just because you know people that are able and willing to do shit doesn't mean EVERYONE is like that. Most people do not want to do something that isnt required. Why can't you just understand that? Please...
>>
>>30774174
We are having a non-argument because I do not understand what you are referring to. I accept your whole "dont want/need to change" premise but also recognize that it doesnt matter to the majority of people who don't really pay attention to numbers or conceptualize that they are just different scales measuring the same dimensions.
>>
>>30774204
>>Are you from USA

Nope.

And yes, I do understand. It's just that I hate it when people are being stupid and lazy.
>>
>>30774230
I'm sorry but stupid and lazy is the majority. Just work anywhere that you deal with the public and you'll see this.
>>
>>30774257

That's why I exclusively work nights.
>>
>>30774257
Careful with the solipsism amigo. Thinking everyone is typically worse than you is the fastest track to worthlessness yourself.
>>
>>30774264
Lucky bastard, i work retail and its just so saddening....
>>30774271
I know it sounds all "superiority complex " but i promise you it isn't that. I don't dislike them, i just feel really bad for them. I really want to help them, but they cannot be helped....i wish society as a whole was just better...but its just how it is...why do you think there are so many liberals, and degenerates? Its just a sad bleak reality.
>>
I'm from West Texas.

Sometimes I sit in my car, which hits 130F, in just jeans because I feel like having a smoke. The heat of the concrete my car sits on makes it worse. I imagine this is what it's like being a marine in full gear in a humvee in Iraq.
>>
>>30772627
Anon, I hate to tell you this, but Texas gets some pretty nasty ice storms in the winter. They just last closer to 4 days than 4 months.
>>
>>30774321
Try 100 with humidity. You fuckers probably don't even know what moisture is.
>>
>>30773944
Because Metric was invented by the godless French Revolutionaries, the predecessors of the commies (complete with mass executions in the name of "protecting the revolution").
>>
>>30774403
It's true. But I thought moisture keeps you cool by having damper air?
>>
File: a92.png (121KB, 680x579px) Image search: [Google]
a92.png
121KB, 680x579px
I don't know what heat feels like

feels kind of bad man
>>
>>30774565
....no.

Water, as a liquid, kicks ass at taking high concentrations of heat and removing it from a solid body. The only thing about that is the system that we automatically assume is that there is little to very little humidity in the immediate system. If humidity is high in the immediate area (closed system), the water won't want to evaporate and transfer heat from the solid via liquid to the gaseous state because of the concentration of water vapor. This causes a problem for the solid (you).

I know I'm not doing well on explaining so here's some basics to keep in mind.

In order of freedom of molecular movement: solid<liquid<gas
Adding heat causes molecules to move faster
When molecules reach a threshold of an excited state of matter, they spontaneously become the next freely moving state, thereby releasing immense amounts of heat from the previous state (or body, assuming the heat transferred via conduction from one body to another).
State changes more easily occur if the density or concentration of the more free state is not saturated; most easily if there is almost no saturation whatsoever
Ergo, high humidity prevents heat transference when sweating.

>I haven't slept and I have been drinking
>if more sciencefags want to correct me feel free
>>
>>30772508

>90f
>hot

Yeah, if you also live in humid as fuck NC. I hate this weather and prefer the snow and I was born and raised here. I shovel snow in my shirt and shorts. I don't know why I can tolerate the cold more than the heat.
>>
BRIAN WILSON: THE TEXAS LAW HAWK
>>
>>30773323
>entirety of ft Benning on lockdown
>>
>>30775033
Yeah so basically the water molecules in the air makes it more suitable for evaporation. That dehydrates us faster.

Is this right?
>>
>>30773863
In Arizona it is , today it was 119 , yesterday it was 120 , day befor that it was 117 , nobody in Arizona gives a fuck even though you'll get skin cancer if you stay outside more than 30 minutes
>>
>>30772627
>>30773115
>be Tex-Mex
>fucking love the cold
>used to walk barefoot in Missouri during winter
The fuck you on about?
>>
>>30775077
No, more humidity is less suitable for evaporation since the air is more saturated. Its like trying to clean up a spill with a wet rag.

As for dehydration, you'll get dehydrated quicker because you'll sweat more because it's less efficient at cooling.
>>
>>30772508
My nigga went to the crazy gun dealer in Alvarado haha
>>
>>30772508
90 degress is hot tho
it's almost water's boiling point
>>
>>30775269
Wrong temperature scale, numbnuts.

Did you even read the.....wait, no you didn't. Of course not.
>>
op here
the fuck happened to this thread
>>
>>30773323
South Georgia, motherfucker. Swampass, yes, but I can literally piss directly on florida.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.