[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, my granddad was a SOG man in Vietnam. He died before I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (50KB, 333x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 333x400px
/k/, my granddad was a SOG man in Vietnam. He died before I was born. I am getting a Tiger Stripe M-65 jacket with an Old Blue patch to sew on the side. I will be putting on the left shoulder to signify it is retired. Will this make me look stolen valor? Pic related
>>
>>30771869
Forgot to add, I am doing this to honor his memory.
>>
Also fucked up, putting on right shoulder to signify it is retired.
>>
>>30771869
Pretty sure people won't think you're a vet from a unit that hasn't been around since the 70's. Even if they do tell them to fuck off and that it was your grandfathers.
>>
>>30771869
Who cares, if anyone gives you shit jam the bones of there nose into their brain with the heel of your hand then cut off their right ear
>>
>>30771917
That's what I was thinking. I just know there are some faggots out there who will do that kind of shit.
>>
File: Reflections of a Warrior.jpg (54KB, 432x608px) Image search: [Google]
Reflections of a Warrior.jpg
54KB, 432x608px
>You will never be a SOG Operator
>You will never fend off a fucking battalion sized assault on your own to save the rest of your 6 man recon squad, deep in enemy territory, while already being shot through the chest
>You will never get the Medal of Honor for said heroics
>You will never go on a shit ton of random ass adventures in Vietnam
>>
>>30771958
True, but those are the guys who wear full out shit. If you're just some young dude/older man wearing a sick tiger stripe M65 jacket it shouldn't be an issue. Most people that would know anything anyway would be able to tell you're not trying to be a stolen valor nut. Also if it's legit your grandfather was SOG, any cool stories/pics?
>>
>>30772112
No pics, but he did tell my father one story.
>"dad can you please tell me something about what you did while you were gone?"
>"alright son, this is the only thing I will ever tell you."

>in rice field behind enemy lines in Cambodia
>6 man recon team
>start being shot at by gooks
>bullets tearing rice to shreds
>haul ass to deep jungle
>still being shot at
>one-one gets shot, fatally
>no one knows how we will be able to destroy any traces of his face/dental records
>grandad has a single M34 White Phosphorus
>places M34 on 1-1s neck
>burns his entire face off, including teeth
>got out of there

my dad never asked about Vietnam again.
>>
>>30772334
Not familiar with the term 1-1, what's that
>>
>>30772334
Well shit. Talk about problem solving on the fly.
>>30772382
Guess 1st BN 1st Marines but wtf I know fuck all
>>
>>30772382
1-0 was squad leader, 1-1 was the second in command and also held the radio if I remember correctly.
>>
>>30772334
Holy shit
>>
Tiger Stripe M65s were never issued, ever, It's a replica tru spec more than liekly
>>
>>30772465
It's a Rothco so definitely a reproduction
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.