[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol skillz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 2.jpg (59KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
59KB, 500x315px
Pistol skillz
>>
>>30771750
>warning: read the manual you mouthbreathing idiot
>>
Posted on my phone, and it fucked everything up. This is what I was trying to post

Greetings /K/ommandos, I've lurked forever, and this is my first post. for the tl;dr people, I would like some suggestions on improving my pistol accuracy for CCW.

I've recently become a citizen of very profunz Phoenix az. I got a CCW in Iowa before I left. Did well on the practical, the instructor suggested I go for a professional permit. But I'm a poorfag/politifag on a campaign here. I don't have time to practice more than a few draws from a holster every day. I have a cheap neoprene gunmate, but it works well so far. (a few months)

I don't have much time during the days, because I work all day. till literally 8:30 at night. But I really want to not look like an idiot for our range day in a few weeks. I've rented a few other pistols, and done a lot of airshit pistol stuff, but I've never shot mine yet. Halp?

Oh, pic related. It's my poorfag CC until I can afford a sig.
>>
File: Artman.jpg (88KB, 900x877px) Image search: [Google]
Artman.jpg
88KB, 900x877px
>>30772075
Shot one of these a long time ago as a range rental. It was pretty enjoyable, I'd consider getting one for my gf as an easy to use, slim self defense gun...

That would be if I had a GF.
>>
>>30772075

I liked my PK 380. It's decent overall and it's the perfect girl's gun. But if you're on /k/ I'm sure you want something more...
>>
>>30772075
Buy some snap caps. Unload your pistol, and verify about 18 times that its empty. Load snap caps. Tape a shooting target to the wall, or more preferably for safety to a good backstop like a 5 gallon paint bucket filled with sand or a couple phone books, just in case you failed on the snap cap thing. Point pistol at target and practice shooting at target untill you can easily "fire" gun without any movement whatsoever of the sights off the target. Once you have thst trigger control down perfect your groups at the range should be smaller.
>>
File: 1421208846964.jpg (61KB, 960x484px) Image search: [Google]
1421208846964.jpg
61KB, 960x484px
>>30772150

>tfw no gf to use as an excuse to buy neat little pistols
>>
>>30772315
>>30772278
>>30772150
MFW I'm a dude with a "girl gun."
I've got little woman hands, and out of all the guns I've held and fired, it mates with my hand best. also, being beanpole/skinny spitfuck sized, the p226, SD9VE, and P99 are out even though they fit me well.
I hate most carry guns because they're this weird combo of slim and square. I'm not buying a carry gun for the 99% of the time it's in my belt, it's for the 1% when I need it to save my damned life. So that's my whole thought process.

>>30772315
Thanks! I'll have to give that a try for sure. I do have Snap caps for failure training at the range. I never considered using them in the house.
>>
Anyone tried both the PK380 and the CZ83 & have an opinion on them? I'm looking into buying one of the two as a step up from the 22lr trainers my wife usually shoots. (And if she doesn't like it, oh noez, another gun in the collection..)
>>
Good motivation, OP. I second the snap-caps & trigger control practice at home idea. Follow the 4 safety rules & you should do OK.
>>
>>30774569
I tried a CZ before settling on a PK. My biggest gripe with the CZ was the recessed slide. Yes, it means less recoil, but in any kind of malfunction type SHTF situation, I was worried I wouldn't be able to get enough purchase on the slide, due to not having a lot to grab on to. But, I believe I shot a P-01, and google images for the CZ83 shows me a pistol without that issue.

Fixed barrel on the CZ, usually means breakdown/field strip is trickier. But you need a special tool to remove the slide on the PK380 so there's no contest there.

Price point is $100 less. That's nice.

Everyone I know personally raves about CZ, so from that perspective, I'd say go for it.

I'd have your wife put both pistols in her hand, and see which is most comfortable. She'll probably say PK. It's one of the most ergonomic guns around. I always tell people it's like the Ruger SR-22 and the P99 had a baby. I'd carry an SR22 if it came in anything other than .22lr. But literally 80% of carriers I talk to say .22lr is a joke for a carry round.

Another idea, if you're not a poorfag like me would be the (newish?) walther CCP. It's up there in price... $450 to $500 depending on state and store, but it has a fixed barrel, great ergonomics, and it's 9mm instead of 380. I thought the grip really scrunched my fingers together, but if your wife's ring size is smaller than an 8, I'd at least get one in her hand to see how she likes it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.