[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picked up a Russian tula SKS for 400 today, missing bayo and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMAG2655.jpg (955KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2655.jpg
955KB, 1520x2688px
Picked up a Russian tula SKS for 400 today, missing bayo and cleaning rod, otherwise very good condition and a spotless bore. I feel like that's a fair price, or did I pay too much?

Replacement bayonets are hard to find, any tips in that direction?
>>
Too much, especially with all the stuff missing
>>
yeah looks like you got a shit deal, sorry op
>>
>>30769691
Shoulda got a Norinco and a 10/22 for the money
>>
>>30769691
Ebay

Blade bayonets aren't hard to find. Just don't buy a Yugo one by mistake.
>>
I paid 200 maple dollars and i want my money back. I literally hate my sks.
>>
Yea... you got fucked man.
>>
is that at least a numbers gun? Iirc bayos are not numbered so it may appreciate into being worth what you paid if you buy one
>>
>>30769691
$400 is perfectly decent for a russian sks these days. its even leaning toward a deal in your favor. /k/ has been stuck in 2008 for about 8 years now.
>>
OP here
should mention Im in the US
and I love SKS's, I don't regret the purchase.
>>
>>30769691

Dont worry about the naysayers. Most russian sks's cost 600 and up nowadays. You can buy the bayonet and cleaning rod for cheaper than that. Enjoy your less common, superior quality sks variant anon!
>>
File: IMAG2312.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2312.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>30770673
Thanks
Noticed that it has much better tooling and tighter tolerances than my Norinco.

Did I mention this is my 2nd SKS?
don't worry I have the bayo for my norinco
>>
>>30770667
>>30769691
>>30770724

OP you got a great deal. It's very hard to find a Russian SKS nowadays for that cheap.

Not having the bayonet or cleaning rod isn't a big deal. Those two parts are not numbered and field replacement is easy. Remember that most bayonets were removed during the Assault Weapon Ban, whether Chinese or not. Most law enforcement did not know the difference between the different SKS's and it was not worth the hassle, so the bayonets were all removed. When you remove the bayonet, you have to remove the cleaning rod or it moves all around.

Just pick out a nice bayonet and cleaning rod from Ebay. It shouldn't cost you more than ~$50 for a bayonet in perfect condition.

Cheers!
>>
>>30769691
I wouldn't have payed over $200 for an SKS with a missing bayonet and cleaning rod.

I mean jesus, did he take the firing pin out too?
You goofed.
>>
>>30769691
I got a norinco is good condition for a bit less than that a week or so ago, I think I got the better deal.
>>
>>30769779
why? is good rifle. shame about your magazine.
>>
bayonets and rods are dirt cheap, if it has a nice bore and stuff it'll be fine. SKS is a great little gun. I sold one for $450 and it was nothing special, the guy who bought it looked like it was Christmas. I did have some extra shit with it though.

I need to get another one.......... sometimes i don't know why i sell shit
>>
Silly yanks...
https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/russian-sks-semi-auto-7-62x39-rifle-hardwood/

If you are willing to spend some time to shop around some places put them up for sale for $200
>>
>>30771246
>>30770884
thx guyz. i found an unissued blade bayonet on gunbroker.
One of only 3 I could find between gunbroker and ebay.

>>30772425
thanks obama :(
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.