[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MEG/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 33

File: 1467586600204.png (168KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1467586600204.png
168KB, 657x527px
/meg/- Military Enlistment General

Deus Vult edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW (embed)

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857 (embed)

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, and shower me with gz just keep it in this general.
>>
Post your DEP stories.

Anyone have advice for going into Army DEP? Are leadership positions worth the bullshit?
>>
>>30768557
DEP. DEP is just waiting to ship. Sometimes you do courses that are pretty easy. They usually have you learn the creed, ranks, military time and alphabet and stuff like that. And we usually PT twice a week.
>>
I'm a permit ant resident in the USA and when i get my citizenship i want to go Army SF. I saw that they learn a language in their training and so I've been starting to learn Russian.

My question is should i keep learning it or are they just going to assign me a random language regardless of whether i already know one.
>>
>>30768650
Permanent* fucking phone
>>
>>30768650
Think of it like this. When was the last time US Army SF worked with Russian speakers or in a country that speaks Russian?

You are going to get a Middle Eastern language, or Chinese. Maybe Spanish. However, stick with Russian. Don't say you're learning it because of that, say you're learning it because you like studying languages.
>>
File: 1469314192864.jpg (108KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
1469314192864.jpg
108KB, 600x534px
I have a series of incredibly dumb questions, feel free to answer whichever...

>Is it possible to learn how to swim by just watching youtube videos? If so, which swim stroke should I master (think navy seal)?

>How many contacts do they ask for security clearance?

>Is "from street to Special Forces" a meme? ever met one?
>>
>>30768745
First of all, take swimming lessons. You can teach yourself to swim, but you may as well sign up for it.

>How many contacts do they ask for security clearance?
Depends on what you're applying for, where and when in what capacity. Basically, ask someone involved in doing that.

>Is "from street to Special Forces" a meme? ever met one?
Do you mean Special Forces as in Green Berets or SF in general?

Some units are off limits unless you have prior service, yes. Others aren't. What are you after?
>>
deployed 11b, will answer questions for a bit
>>
>>30768557
>Post your DEP stories.

I DEPd in one day, and shipped out two weeks later.

`'*~The End~*'`

Can't say there was anything special about it.
>>
>>30768745
Just go somewhere and take lessons, or even ask a friend to teach you.

You don't want to be that guy getting ASMO'd in boot camp because he couldn't pass the swim qualification.
>>
>>30768731
Well considering how much Russia is testing NATO at the moment russian could be usefull, I mean hell look at Ukraine.
>>
>>30768950
Hol up

Do you have to swim in BCT?
>>
>>30769378
In the Navy, you do.

It is a navy after all.
>>
Just quit my job on Friday boys. Who's shipping for Jackson around the 16th of August? Time's moving fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAE6Il6OTcs
>>
File: 1468008966447.jpg (187KB, 1280x902px) Image search: [Google]
1468008966447.jpg
187KB, 1280x902px
I'm a DEP Poolee with a Secret Clearance job lined up and I ship out in Sept. By now they've checked my background and my medical records and all that stuff, right? Back in May I had to get my fingerprints taken.
>>
>>30768650
Should you actually pass selection and the SFQC, you would have the potential option to go to 10th Group, which is responsible for operations in Europe. Russia and the Russian language are part of that equation.
>>
>>30769875
You're good m8. As long as you aren't a convicted felon with terrible asthma, you'll be glossed over. And may I ask which branch?
>>
File: 1469226117981.png (99KB, 447x275px) Image search: [Google]
1469226117981.png
99KB, 447x275px
>>30769901
Marines.
See, I was worried because I didn't list an injury I got back in 2013. I was a fatass who slipped off my porch and sprained (or broke, I never remember) my foot, went to the emergency room, got some x-rays, and wore a boot for a month. I've only had surgery done on me when I was like, 3. I have no disqualifying conditions, but I'm paranoid they'll find my injury and discharge me. I've been in DEP since December and I've PT'd every tuesday and thursday (everyday since mid-July) and I've had no complications.
>>
Does the Army still polygraph for TS clearance 35 series MOS? I've heard conflicting things.
>>
File: 1435795601763.png (2MB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1435795601763.png
2MB, 4500x4334px
>>30769991
Don't clench your asshole when you answer, that's how the polygraph fucks you.
t. former AP Psychology student
>>
>>30769944
Oh dude you're 100 percent squared away with admin/clearance shit. I was born with a minor murmur and a genetic predisposition for ankle/knee pronation. I've yet to be relieved of enlistment. What they're looking for regarding getting a clearance is political affiliations that might compromise your duty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_GPxe91hWE
>>
>>30770028
What if they searched my records and found my injury, would they still discharge me? Or would they only discharge me if they found I was hiding a disqualifier?
>>
>>30770048
I mean I know I'm to never bring it up at all, I just mean hypothetically if they were to search it for no reason.
this is probably getting annoying, so this will be the last question.
>>
>>30770086
>this is probably getting annoying, so this will be the last question.
There's tons of us in similar situations. Answers to those questions always help
>>
>>30770048
They would discharge you insofar as that injury persisted and retarded your ability to improve and perform your duties. Now if in fact you were hiding something much more serious (and also something they care WAY MORE ABOUT) like say if you were banging a PRC spy or that you just emigrated from Russia with no work history, then I would be cautious.
>>
>>30770086
>I just mean hypothetically if they were to search it for no reason
Doesn't happen unless someone tips them off. How would they even know about your medical records unless you stated that they exist? They're not psychics.
>>
>>30770120
>>30770086
>>30770048

And keep the questions coming boys. We are all in the same fight at the end of the day. God bless this Union.
>>
File: 1438230868176.gif (3MB, 366x344px) Image search: [Google]
1438230868176.gif
3MB, 366x344px
>>30770138
>>30770151
Alright, thanks guys! I'll probably ask these questions next month or so for reassurance. I'm so close to shipping and I don't want all this hard work to result in a dishonorable discharge and a ruined life.
>>
>>30770188
Never stop asking questions boot baby. Like I said, we are all in this together.

One more thing though, focus on physical durability. It's a huge aspect of physical training that doesn't get good attention. Be mindful of your movements, stretch when appropriate, and keep a good mental record of how your body feels when working at normal levels of performance. Stay safe, smart, cocked, and locked. The rest is enjoying a roller coaster.
>>
File: 1435716777488.gif (2MB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
1435716777488.gif
2MB, 350x255px
>>30770244
Thanks for the advice, devil, and nice dubs.
>>
>>30770259

Funny thing is, I'm army DEP with a "help fellow men of watch" complex.
>>
>>30770188
I made it through 5 years of the marine corps with asthma
>>
Is it normal to be fucking terrified of the idea of enlisting and to feel a sense of self doubt about whether or not you have what it takes to make it through?
>>
>>30770365
Channel all of that insecurity into proactive behavior. Every time you catch yourself feeling down, knock out pushups, or any other exercise. Scrape this glorious internet for knowledge and wash away that insecurity. You can do anything anon. Get tough and smart, I know you have it in you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISmgOrhELXs
>>
File: tumblr_n06n9axRu01s6svvqo2_400.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n06n9axRu01s6svvqo2_400.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>30770365
totally. We've all had it.
If you truly want to be a marine/soldier/airman/sailor, you're going to do it no matter what. I was a weak cucklord who almost pursued a State Department job because I thought I had a chance with a girl I really liked. Things didn't work out so the next day I put my info on the website and got a call from a recruiter. The thing is I'd have enlisted no matter what, I lied to myself thinking I'd want to do anything else with my life.
The girl turned out to be a degenerate with more miles on her than an 18 year old should have, and I got into the BY program (Electronics Maintenance.)
>>
Any prior-service re-enlist with VA disability?
>>
I turned 22 today, I got my first kiss today in nearly 4 years, I'm drunk, and I'm leaving for MEPS tomorrow. Everything is great, you guys are great, life is great, I love you all /k/omrades.
>>
>>30770620
I can't say I love you on a personal basis anon, but I wish you nothing but the best. Godspeed
>>
>>30769378
>>30769394

You do in Marine Corps boot-camp as well, also for obvious reasons.
>>
File: 21331.jpg (545KB, 2500x1656px) Image search: [Google]
21331.jpg
545KB, 2500x1656px
hello all OCS Army candidate here. for starters 277 on APFT, passed battalion board sold them on why i want to be armor officer but was told i could change my branch selection so I put armor number three slot did I shout myself in the foot for national board, (ps might still have chance to change it back). really want armor but have felling should keep MI and MP need opinion
>>
>Attempt to go Chair Force
>Have to ask the Surgeon General for a waiver approval since the CMO doesn't want a recurrence of cancer after a freak incident of testicular tumor that resulted in Ol' Lefty being removed
>Get told to ask another branch just in case
>Army recruiter says basically the same thing but he'd look for loopholes

that feel when can't serve country because of a fucking trauma-induced bout of nut cancer

i'm rooting for all of you boys going in, though. do what i apparently can't [spoiler]holy fuck i am drunk i shouldn't be typing this[/spoiler]
>>
>>30769991

You've heard conflicting things because the answer is "sometimes". It depends on what you're doing, specifically.
>>
If i can't get 03xx what are some other good MOS?
>>
>>30771309

DO NOT GIVE IN if you want to be infantry. NO OTHER MOS will satisfy. The entire Marine Corps is littered with people that said 'okay' to their recruiter when they said 'there are no infantry slots but ___ is "pretty much the infantry"'. The infantry is full of people who said 'I'm sorry and I don't want to waste your time, but I will only sign an infantry contract'.

I'm positive there are people reading this thread right now that went through it with their recruiter.
>>
>>30768745
On the SF-86 they'll ask for contact information from people who can verify your work and school. They'll also ask for relatives, people who know you well (3 people, must cover 7 years), and any foreign contacts.

As far as who they'll contact, it depends. I have a Secret and as far as I know they didn't contact many people. They just did a credit check, criminal check and verified that I was enrolled in uni. If you're wanting to go into SF, you'll most likely get a TS/SCI, which is a whole 'nother ballgame. They'll dig through your contacts and investigate any names that come up. This will likely take a year, maybe more considering how much OPM is backed up. I had a friend do a TS/SCI for the CIA. The investigation started in July and lasted until October of next year.
>>
>>30770912
It doesn't matter what you put on that paper they're going to give you whatever.
>>
>>30770620
<3
>>
Anyone know what enlisted aircrew is like in the Marines? Seems like the pilot experience without actually becoming a pilot.
>>
>>30770013
Is this true or just broscience?
>>
>>30771352
>people who know you well (3 people, must cover 7 years)
What if I don't have any non-relatives that I have known for at least 7 years?
>>
>>30772685
You don't have to have known them for 7 years, you just need to cover 7 years with your 3 contacts.

If that fails, well, try to go as far as you can and explain it in comments or with your special investigator.
>>
File: 1469472797369.png (132KB, 297x434px) Image search: [Google]
1469472797369.png
132KB, 297x434px
>Just realized I'm trading a union $23/hr with benefits starting job to around $4/hr
Fug
>>
File: 1377642996353.jpg (41KB, 492x519px) Image search: [Google]
1377642996353.jpg
41KB, 492x519px
>>30770365
Right there with ya
>>
I plan on enlisting in a MI MOS requiring a TS clearance. I've tried marijuana twice back in highschool. My recruiter says to lie when I enlist. Will this bite me in the ass if they polygraph me for my clearance?
>>
>>30768454
Trying to sign up as an 11B, exactly how much action will I see during my deployments?
>>
>>30772976
>enlist in infantry during peacetime
>how much action will I see?

Lad I've got some bad news for you...
>>
>>30772971
How long ago was it?
>>
>>30772994
Two or three years ago
>>
>>30768863
Mos?
>>
Currently medicated for ADHD but very intelelgent and high scorer, want to enlist as med officer or coreman, can my adhd affect my enlisyment
>>
>>30773008
I'd say tell the truth while enlisting. Say you experimented with marijuana in high school and decided that it wasn't for you. When you do the polygraph say the same thing. If they find out you lied on the polygraph by saying you've never done drugs and you lied while enlisting, you could get into trouble.
>>
>>30773143
I'd like to do this, but I'm terrified of automatically being disqualified
>>
>>30773177
For enlisting or the clearance?
>>
>>30773195
The clearance. I know I can just be waivered during enlistment, but from what I've heard it's automatic disqualification for TS
>>
Is the coastguard comfy?
>>
>>30773210
I highly doubt that trying marijuana in high school is grounds for disqualification. The main purpose of the security clearance is to assess whether or not you're a security risk. The investigators are more worried about the people who have multiple foreign contacts and foreign business interests rather than a guy who tried weed in high school and never did it again. Lying about it won't make things easier for you. If you fail the polygraph, you'll be denied the clearance and possibly tried for falsifying the SF-86. If you're upfront about your past drug use and you're currently an upstanding citizen, then I don't see any reason why they would deny you a clearance. Investigators look at the big picture when profiling you.

Honesty is the best policy, especially when you're trying for a clearance.
>>
File: 1465759533826.jpg (82KB, 816x671px) Image search: [Google]
1465759533826.jpg
82KB, 816x671px
I don't know how I can't find this info online but here is my question.

What does 11x do in AIT? Yes I know what OSUT is. Yes I know all the shit usually done in basic but after I'm done with basic I still have 4 more weeks of AIT. What additional skills do I learn and what events take place in the last for weeks of 11x OSUT?
>>
>>30773315
Quick disclaimer: I only have civilian experience with dealing with security clearances, but I don't think the military does things too differently.
>>
>>30768454
11c or 19k
>>
I leave for BCT in a pretty short amount of time.

I still haven't figured out how to tune out while running. Any tips?
>>
>>30773355
look at the ground as you run and just get into the rhythm *step*step*step*step*....
>>
>>30773355
Contract autism?
>>
>>30768557
I ship out next June as an 11X, our Army DEP is pretty solid. I've been Squad leader for a while now, it's not really that bad but of course it will be different somewhat at every station.
>>
>>30772971
dude if it really was only 2 times just fucking list it, it literally will be no problem in meps and the OPM will clear you if you havent smoked in a while.
>>
Oh yeah to all those asking never tell them you've done drugs don't be a dumbass. Think about it. Don't. Ever. Tell. Them. Stupid. Shit. They. Dont. Need. To. Know.
>>
>>30773424
>>30773448
Goddamnit /k/, pick one or the other
>>
>>30773391
Interesting. From what I've heard, most people are in DEP for a month or two maximum usually. I was going to hold off on signing because I can't ship out until next summer anyway, but I'm curious what it's like for you being in it for such an extended period
>>
>>30768454
Currently going through the process of enlistment, waiting to hear back from meps. it's been about 5 weeks, anyone in the same boat?

>Navy guy here, going SB or SO
>>
>>30773355
Pretend you're a roman legionary or something. Hell pretend you're sonic if you're that far down the spectrum
>>
>>30773210

Clearances are way less strict on drugs than the military. Marijuana isn't going to matter at all as long as you're honest about it. Whoever told you it matters for a TS is a fucking retard.
>>
>>30773448

People saying this are always dumbass infantrymen who never needed any clearance and lied their way through everything.

The people asking the question are always going into spoopy shit where lying will fuck you over.
>>
>>30775069
>Marijuana isn't going to matter at all as long as you're honest about it. Whoever told you it matters for a TS is a fucking retard.
Exactly so why not just lie? I lied and got a secret with no problems.
>>30775079
Wrong. If you never served dont comment.
>>
>>30775082
>Secret

Kek. So basically no clearance? Confirmed infantryman.

The reason you don't lie on your clearance paperwork is that it's a felony and can bring your career to a halt even decades later. Why go through all the trouble of living a lie your entire life, contemplating whether you want to take that new job with a polygraph, etc? All over something where the clearance investigator will just say "Drugs? Okay, are you still doing them? Okay, we don't care".
>>
>>30775119
You are confirmed for never having served I know that. I knew plenty of CTs in the navy, they all had TS clearances and all smoked before the navy and lied about it.
>>
>>30775127
Sorry about your retard job, anon. Maybe if you had been honest you wouldn't have had to take a shit tier role? I'm having plenty of fun doing spoop stuff

I have seen more than one cryptobro end their career when they finally hit something they couldn't lie their way through though. It's usually something where the lie was way worse than just having admitted the thing in the first place.

When it comes to a clearance, someone who smoke daily for a decade up until last week is looked upon more favorably than someone who smoked twice in college and then tries to lie about it.
>>
>>30775145
>Maybe if you had been honest you wouldn't have had to take a shit tier role?
Can you assume and imply more please?
I loved my job and now im out using my Gi Bill.
The difference between me and you is that i served and you didnt. You are fucking lying and just reposting stupid meme shit you seen on here.
>someone who smoke daily for a decade up until last week is looked upon more favorably than someone who smoked twice in college and then tries to lie about it.
This is 100% unture. Big military is a numbers game not a case by case basis. They arent "understanding". You are a lying idiot.
>>
Hey guys, I'm thinking of joining either the Navy or the Air Force, but I can't decide on whether to do Officer or Enlisted. I have the youth and SAT scores to go to a college and become an officer through an ROTC scholarship, but I also kinda want to do enlisted, where I have an ASVAB score of a 95. Any suggestions? I have a 680 in reading/writing and 650 for math for a total of 1330 SAT score.
>>
>>30775173
There are lots of things to consider.
If you are doing career id say go officer, its well worth it in the long run except for a few exceptions

If you are only doing 4-6 and out definitely go enlisted.

Only go enlisted for a career if you plan on getting and loving a specific job. Officers hop around commands and dont stick to one filed expecially in the navy. If you are a SWO you could be doing anything randomly.

Other options are go in as enlisted then get a commision while in. If you go Navy you could go LDO or warrant pretty easily later in your career.
What rates are you looking at?
>>
>>30775157

>Clearly doesn't understand the difference between the military and OPM.

>Obviously doesn't know that the SF-86 is not a military form.

The only upside to all this is that now that you're out you can't spread your idiocy and try to convince more junior servicemembers to ruin their careers.

I know you're bitter about your time in service, anon, but that's no reason to mislead /k/ newbs and try to fuck them over by telling them to lie.

Maybe if you hadn't lied you'd have a good job by now instead of having to go to college after your service. The military paid for my degrees already before I get out.
>>
>>30775178
For officer jobs, I was looking at being a mechanical engineer. For enlisted, there don't seem to be many engineering jobs that interest me, so I was thinking a mechanic of some sort.
>>
>>30775202
>The military paid for my degrees already before I get out.
You went to a shit school i know that. Must be tough being stupid. How was community college or are you a phoenix faggot?
>Maybe if you hadn't lied you'd have a good job by now instead of having to go to college after your service.
What are you talking about? I wanted to do it like that on purpose. I had a unique navy specific job and now that im out i want a degree in a different field. How is that a problem?
>I know you're bitter about your time in service
No im not as i said i loved it

Again you havent served you are lying. Continue to google things to try and sound smart. Poser btfo.
>>
>>30775218
>engineering jobs that interest me, so I was thinking a mechanic of some sort.
Can i ask why? Generally speaking those jobs are for idiots. No clearance and low asvab requirements. Thats true fro them all except for NUKE but id asvise against that cause of how shitty the job is. Thats navy of course i cant comment on what the AF is like.
>>
>>30775178
I've got some maybe complex/dumb questions, but any input would help. I've got a 4 year business degree, and was thinking about joining the Navy as an officer.

Basically I don't know what would be the best thing to try and get into; are there certain fields/paths I can choose to take? Or do I just test into shit and my future is decided by them? If I ever choose to leave the Navy is there even a decent path to take that will leave me alright back as a civilian?
>>
>>30775231
It was an idea because it could be a job I could do if I stopped doing enlisted and went for a college degree. What are your recommendations for jobs in the Navy?
>>
>>30775253
Bro i cant speculate on that cause i wasnt an officer. I know if you are on a ship you will be apart of the basic SWO path. With a business degree im not sure what they would do with you. If becoming an officer is to hard a process or weird and you plan on only doing 4 then getting out you could just pick an enlisted job. Youll get out with the Gi Bill and you could use that to get a masters for free or whatever. Your call though.

>>30775258
>if I stopped doing enlisted and went for a college degree
You mean post navy? Cause if you become an officer while you are in based on what type of officer you become it may have absolutely nothing to do with what you did as an enlisted.

>What are your recommendations for jobs in the Navy?
Bro thatsw to broad a question, you gotta narrow it down by telling me what you want out of it.
>Want a challenge?
Seals an obvious answer
>Less but still tough
Navy Diver is cool
>tough mentally
CTN, this is a fantastic rate but youll never be on a ship
>want to travel
Choose a ship heavy rate
>Dont want to travel
Maybe choose a air rate and work on helos at some airfield but no promises

Gotta tell me what im working with here
>>
>>30775278
I wanna do traveling on a ship. I'm interested in jobs using physics and mathematics. I also would rather not be on a submarine.
>>
>>30775308
>I'm interested in jobs using physics and mathematics
Id say best bet would to be some type of FC. There isnt really a job that sits around working on equations though man. FC is probably as close as youll get to that.
>>
>>30775325
Another thing, what are the best weapon based rates? Guns and shit are one of my passions, and I'd love working with guns all day.
>>
>>30775339
How serious are you about it?
Cause if you mean itthen obviously go Seal or SWCC or EOD. Everything else is way less than a spec ops rate.
Most people are going to say GM but its not as exciting as you think. Nowhere near. Even if you get GM small arms on a ship all you really do is sit in an armory and hand out old worn out ass guns thats it. You rarely go to a range and when you do its not that exciting. Still if spec ops is to much going GM is your only option. Dont even consider MA is a horribly trash rate.
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 750x762px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 750x762px
If you annons have questions about the Marines ask away.

>be me
>AA, 26
>3521 MOS (motor tuh mech)
>corporal

Over all I've had a very good time in the Marines (pic related low crawling along the beach) . Got to do some cool stuff and see cool places (fug PTA though) the Marines are honestly what you make it. Boot camp is not to bad, just be loud and fast in everything you do. The fleet is pretty baller. Any other questions just ask.
>>
So I'm a non-citizen which limits my options significantly because I can't even get regular security clearance, are any of the Air Force jobs available to non-citizen worthwhile? Because if I have to do monkey work I might as well go army infantry so I can get the real military experience, I'd rather do that than load planes or be a mechanic given that I can't work on the fun stuff like radar and comms.

Or would it be smarter to start out as something like helicopter repairman and try to become a crew chief when I get citizenship? I don't really know much about how you advance after you pick your MOS.
>>
>>30775494
You are not a Cpl or maybe haven't been one for any amount of time. You should be dead inside not saying the fucking fleet is baller...who speaks like this but a nigger? Which I would understand now a nigger in motor t. A fucking bus driver most likely. A dirty fucking nigger that was given rank for being a nigger.
>>
I'm thinking of joining the ADF as an armoured corp officer at the end of the year (have a contract I can't get out of until then, at least without burning a whole bunch of bridges which isn't worth)

Any ADF RAAC people here to talk me into/out of it? or ADF stories in general?

Also I heard that you won't necessarily be given the job you apply for, how true is this? Sometime's I've heard stuff like you apply for an officer position but end up enlisted, other times I've just heard stuff like you get the job you want e.g. armored corp officer but you don't get to choose where you end up specifically e.g. you want MBTs but you end up in ASLAVs or whatever.

I really want to work with MBTs, even if I never get a chance to deploy overseas and actually see combat, I still really want to be a tanker.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>30775560
Stay mad. I actually enjoy the Marines.
>>
>>30775560
Lel he's a boot
>>
File: 1447271230294.jpg (155KB, 700x703px) Image search: [Google]
1447271230294.jpg
155KB, 700x703px
>>30772841
>full time fry cook job, 15 an hour roughly
>Taking a paycut to fly drones

At least I'll have pride in my job, right?
>>
>>30773488
I've been in since may. Not As long as he will be but I've got an idea what it would be like. Once a week (if I feel like it) I go to my recruiters office and me and a few other future soldiers run around and do some bodyweight exercises. He asks me if I got in any trouble and tapes me. He very subtly tells my not to get a DUI and then I leave.
>>
>>30772971
Listen to your recruiter's advice.
>>
>>30775520
How did you bevome a non citizen? And how did you get your green card?
>>
>>30775700
how much paycut

also go check out the "drone PTSD" thread i guess
>>
>>30776131
Married an american woman and moved here recently, waiting for my permanent resident paperwork right now.
>>
>>30775700
Good job where you at NYC?

I'm in the PSYOP thread and I'm curious what you guys have to say, what makes America the good guy when it's foriegn policy has made it into a bad guy by apathy and having poor priorities.
>>
>>30776156
Sweet
Are you from the UK?
>>
File: 5355335453.png (344KB, 478x317px) Image search: [Google]
5355335453.png
344KB, 478x317px
I guess I'll ask again.

What types of jobs would a Coast Guard officer expect? All the descriptions are very vague and I get a lot of answers like "youll do x for a couple years, then do y, then z", and they're all quite unrelated.
>>
>>30776306
No, scandinavian.
>>
>>30776348
>I guess I'll ask again.
Passive aggressive much?

Theres no clear answer cause it varies and is most likely random. Also the CG is lame just join the navy.
>>
>>30771352

If I'm not mistaken only officers need a ts. Enlisted SF get secrets.
>>
>>30775494
What do i do if i feel like i have to jerkoff in boot camp.
>>
Funny story about muhreen basic
>be me inna basic
>DI inspecting
>takes my weapon
>maintaining straight glare
>my shit is clean as fuck
>DIRTY WEAPON DIRITY WEAPON!!! Hold his finger just a little out of my view
>aye aye sir!
>YOURE NOT LOOKING AT MY FINGER!
>sir, this recruit was not instructed to look at your finger sir!
>OH I SEE HOW IT IS! LOOK DOWN!
>aye aye sir!
>looksdown.gif
>WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!
>sir, the deck sir.
>DID I TELL YOU TO LOOK AT THE DECK?!?!? I DIDNT SAY YOU COULD LOOK AT THE DECK!
>aye aye sir
>SINCE YOU LIKE LOOKING AT THE DECK SO MUCH YOU CAN CLEAN IT ALL BY YOURSELF TONIGHT!
>Aye aye sir.
You can never win
>>
>>30776866
Meant to put sir no sir after
>did I tell to look at the deck
>>
>>30776748
Stroke slowly while maintaining eye contact with DI.
>>
>>30769865
Fart Jackson is gonna be hot this time of year. Stay hydrated. I went through there in spring and it was muggy then.
>>
File: 1327437527337.png (42KB, 230x280px) Image search: [Google]
1327437527337.png
42KB, 230x280px
>>30776866
>Marine
>Basic
>>
>>30775891
I think that's what I'll end up doing. I may as well keep a consistent story and never have drugs on my record.

He says they don't even polygraph for TS, but I'm skeptical.
>>
>>30776866
>>30776866

"sir no sir"
"basic"

...I'm skeptical of you ever having been a Marine to say the least.

Honestly, did you get med-sepped while at boot camp? Not being a meany but genuinely curious.
>>
Im reporting to the 525th at Bragg soon, any /k/ommandos out that way? Anything to expect, other than being ripped apart for being a leg
>>
>>30777773
they dont, also what MOS?
>>
Headed to benning for 19D OSUT August 9th. Ready to get required by the heat and humidity.
>>
>>30769991
I know for certain that the clearance investigation is thorough when following leads with friends, family, and neighbors. They called up my references, asked about my friends, then asked those friends about other friends and so on and so forth. But other than that, as long as you dont have anything CUHRAZY records wise like med or police youre good. Ive never been polygraphed
>>
>>30778587
I went to benning last year around this time and it was fucking awful, but dont worry, if my straight out of highschool out of shape ass could do it you can too.
>>
>>30778549
35 series. Don't know specifically what.
>>
>>30778588
>asked those friends about other friends

What if I'm a friendless sperg and only put family friends that are dead-ends for more references?
>>
>>30778654
Then you lucked out compared to somewhat who has a clean record but fuckup friends
>>
>>30778624
M is cool so far. Papas are 99% social and literal autists. Foxes are pretty cool. Havent spent much time around other 35 series other than that.
>>
>>30775700
I have a aviator friend and shes been at fort wegotcha for almost a year now. I fucking hated that place and i was only there for 5 months. Have you ever seen snow on a cactus then the same day have it be 90 degrees out? Well thats huachuca, but the aviators have it a lot better than the mikes. But when I left they were caught having a massive orgy (and fraternization is strictly forbidden in AIT) and the entire company was rolled back into black phase (no electronics, no civies, cant go anywhere except the gas station across the street without putting in a weekend pass and even then you have to stay on post.
>>
>>30768454
I need a secret clearance and I lied about a non-arrest diversion program when I was 14
I can't find any record of it, I was not finger printed
How fucked am I?
>>
deployed 11b, will answer questions
>>
>>30778654
thats what my thing was that i was worried about. my best friend is a stoner and all her friends are fucking stoners, and naturally us being best friends she thinks those are also my friends so they all got interviewed.
>>
>>30778756
what shitty sandbox are you in? and also have you worked with any 35Ms (HUMINT) Ive never had the opportunity to ask actual infantry about how they feel about us
>>
Just got into DEP for the Air Force. I got fuels (POL) as a job. Anyone familiar with this?
>>
>>30778777
Afghanistan

Yes I work with 35 series and civilian prior 35 series people on the daily basis. Nerdy fuckers, but can lead a very intriguing conversation and carry it well when I'm feeling sociable.
>>
>>30778738
What'd your recruiter tell you to do?
>>
>>30775278
>CTN will never be on a ship

I'm in the intel community and word through the grapevine is that they are becoming more deployable as time goes on. That's just talk and anecdotal evidence than actual hard proof.
>>
>>30778765
Did you make it through alright though? I'm going to be in the same position
>>
>>30778826
Said to not mention it but I know he's a recruiter at the end of the day
I also had a waiver approved for a crime but lied during the interview on some circumstances, the other people involved will back me up if they're interviewed, again on a recruiter's advice
>>
>>30773325
You learn infantry tactics. Urban operations with room clearing, shoot houses, etc. Formations and orders of movements and the various battle drills. Principles of patrolling and patrol base operations.

You'll spend about 5 days in the field learning the above and another 5-7 days after that putting it all together, the FOX. The final 48 hours is continuous ruck marching and patrols based in small patrol bases
>>
So ive gone through everything prior to enlisting and have passed with flying colors. great asvab, meps physical was crystal clear. All of my paperwork is in, im just waiting to actually enlist due to familial obligations. (im the best man in a wedding this spring)
recruiter says i can sign either an 18x or 11x op 40 contract, both of which i am happy with.

Is there a way for me to enlist now, but push my ship date out to june of 2017? college is obvious but im not going to pay another 5 grand just to delay my ship date.

wat do?
>>
>>30778756
What's your favorite MRE? Do you think the 240 or 249 is better for small team supporting?
>>
>>30778777
As a 35M, what was the process of getting your TS like?
>>
>>30778839
yeah no problems whatsoever
>>30779158
this was my post
>>30778588
>>
>>30778806
Whats your opinion on bringing HUMINT with you off the FOB, we did a few training exercises and in the majority of them the ncos playing the infantry ncos in the scenario were really hostile and short tempered when dealing with us, and i get thats a training exercise but i think it sort of stigma for some of us.
>>
>>30779158
>>30779242
I should I also mention that I was right out of highschool and lived in the same house my whole life when they did the clearance investigation so like 80% of the investigation was skipped because we didnt have to deal with out of country travel and multiple residences or past employers, shit like that. Oh yeah they interview people from your previous jobs, I know a guy that was almost fucked over by someone he fired at like Chilis or something and they were rehired after he left and talked hella shit.
>>
>>30778860
Thats rought dude, the only way I know they do delayed entry is for dumb highschool kids like I was, you can enlist before you graduate but you ship out a month after graduation. I dont think they can do that for you though bro, Im sorry
>>
>>30775363
I'd say that I'm considering all future options. I just need to contact my recruiter. Also, any information on Seabees? It looks pretty neat.
>>
>>30775700

You won't be taking an actual pay cut going into the military and making $15/hr now unless you're completely ignoring benefits.
>>
>>30771704
That depends on your aircrew role, what kind are you after? Aeops? Loadmaster? Flight steward? Theyre all quite different
>>
>>30778828

>More deployable

Can't exactly become less deployable when the vast majority of CTNs deploy exactly 0 times in their career. It's a bad job to pick if deploying is high on your priorities list.

Awesome in a lot of other ways though.
>>
>>30773044
You are permanently ineligible to enlist.
>>
File: 1452117911119.jpg (58KB, 666x663px) Image search: [Google]
1452117911119.jpg
58KB, 666x663px
If I wanted to do Airborne Intelligence (AF) would I actually be in a plane or just some fag flying a drone
>>
File: firefox_2016-07-27_19-38-55.png (12KB, 764x646px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-07-27_19-38-55.png
12KB, 764x646px
is this accurate?
>>
>>30779071
I love chili mac or beef brisket.

The 249 is better for small teams in a squad, they're light as shit compared to the 240 and easier to bound with. You also don't have to worry about an AG / 200+ rd belt dragging around with you every time you set down and let loose. 249 is by far more area effective. My unit uses MK48's on deployment, they're the same as a SAW just doesn't have a magazine well and is 7.62.

I fucking love the 240, accurate as fuck out to 1000m. Chops people in half, teams work well together after a few exercises, best when set back and fire is controlled by weapons squad leader / team leader.

>>30779306
People who act like dicks to their attachments are fucking tards - the attachments are there for a reason. It's great having you guys there because a situation develops BY FAR easier when everyone is learning real-time with no fuck ups in between. Don't get in our way when it's time to start moving and for god's sake get down when we take fire.
>>
>>30778756
Why does everyone hate 19D
>>
>>30781052
FUCK 19D PIECE OF TR-

People don't like the 19D's because they have too much pride for what they do. Their job isn't even to close in and engage the enemy - it's to spot them and either call for fire or for infantry to come kill the enemy. Fuck I hate cav scouts and so does everyone else.

Oh did you know that on Fort Hood, 4/3 CR (19D Squadron) has the highest STD rate heh heh
>>
How in-shape do I need to be to join the Air Force? I've been a couch potato for years now and probably couldn't even WALK a mile without getting out of breath.

Can I go into BMT while still being out of shape, or would that just be asking for trouble?
>>
>>30778828
>>30779927
Interesting, in what capacity would they deploy though? Where would they work? Maybe in SESS with the CTRs?
>>30779693
>Also, any information on Seabees? It looks pretty neat.
Terrible idea. Thats an extremely small and dying rate. Anon the gov and mil is broke we arent just randomly building bases and when we do its civilians doing it. That rate is small and closed off as is and only getting smaller. The advancement is very very bad. Definitely dont go seabee.
>>
>>30781883
Fug. I love the NWU 3 uniform. And I'm not ready to be a Special Forces personal. :'(
>>
>>30778828
Do you know what an information professional does?
>>
>>30781958
>NWU 3 uniform
Bro that uniform is trash. PLus lots of commands wear it. A buddy of mine is a BM and he wore it. He got shore duty at the seal base driving the little boats/rhibs around for the seals or something like that.
Also dont choose a job over clothing mate.
>>30781995
>information professional
???
>>
>>30782043
Yeah, I know. It was supposed to be a joke about the Sea Bees. I honestly need to contact my recruiter, but that is pretty hard living over seas as an American.
>>
Anyone have experience bargaining for your contract at meps?

What if hypothetically I tell them I won't sign unless I get my preferred MOS, Airborne, and a 4 year contract? How much of that is realistic and how much room do you have to bargain assuming you test very well on the ASVAB and have an associates?
>>
>>30782248
You bargain with your recruiter, they fill the slots.

The old ass lady at MEPS will tell you to go get fucked and you'll waste a trip there by not signing.

GT Score matters the most as far as schools go.
>>
>>30779922
Can u choose with one u would like?
>>
>smart enough to start off as a 2nd LT
Should I...?
>>
>>30782043
I'm asking this guy who's in Intel to see if he has any idea. I can't believe there's almost no info online
>>
>>30768454
Asking again for curiosity because I don't want to go in and ask, I still get calls seven years later.

I will be a clinical psychologist in about two years, that much is almost certain barring me dying prematurely. I want to, once I become a clinical psychologist, join the army as a 73B. What type of training would I be expected to go through, and would be I able to carry a sidearm on me if I deployed? Would I even deploy? What's the upwards mobility through the ranks like? How is the pay? Will speaking multiple languages get me anything?
>>
File: 1466753799601.png (105KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1466753799601.png
105KB, 512x512px
Which branch is the best to commission into?
>>
>>30783338
nigga, just ask a recruiter

They're the ones that can tell you if there's even slots for 73B in the first place
>>
>>30783405
I mean, I could ask now, but it could change in two years. Plus they won't ever stop calling. I just got called after the semester ended by the navy.

I can just wait, It was mostly out of curiosity.
>>
Right, i got a RE-2 on my DD214 over some really stupid shit. Was with the Navy

I now want to come back into the service. What are my chances at them letting me back in with a waiver?
>>
>>30783338
The direct commissioned dudes go through ODS which is like summer camp compared to boot camp for the rest of the dudes and OCS for the officers.
>>
Weak fag here. If I want to get better at push ups should I should I forget regular push ups and do Bench, Shoulder, & dumbbell press instead for my noob gains, or should I just focus on doing regular push ups?
>>
>>30783481
I just got in the Army with a 2B RE-code (they waived it, I submitted a memorandum explaining why I want to be in the Army) and the recruiting station commander and his battalion commander approved me.
>>
>>30783723
Nice.

I also checked the payscale myself. It's nice.
>>
>>30783763
Chances are you'll just hurt yourself, just keep doing push-ups - it's what they test
>>
Hey, so is there basically no chance of getting into OCS for the army/air force/navy right now if I won't have a STEM degree? I was thinking of just enlisting when I graduate in 2 years, but I'm starting to consider taking the officer path.
>>
>>30784279
You can use any degree you want, it's just that some really specific positions require a degree related to said MOS
>>
>>30784292
What about intel? I'll have a poli sci degree so I'm not sure if that will even help me.
>>
I'm in the army reserves and I haven't gone to basic yet. I enlisted 9 months ago and am leaving for basic in a few days. My NCO says advancement from E-1 to E-2 is automatic after 6 months. Does this still apply to me?
>>
>>30784305
Only shit that has to deal with aerospace and actual engineering and other stuff actually requires a degree related to it, you're good
>>
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/11/watch-anti-migrant-video-going-viral-across-europe/
>>
I'm about to finish my associates. Am I a dumb ass for wanting to enlist as an E-3 and finish my bachelor's during my enlistment?
>>
My dick is tiny. Not quite a micropenis but It's like 5 inches erect and less than an inch flaccid. Will I get made fun of a lot in the showers?
>>
>>30785026
lmao, dude nobody gives a shit. They're too worried about getting the fuck out and getting dressed. I'm a grower, nobody cares. If you're that worried about it just palm your cock when going in and out of the shower.
>>
>>30770365
24 here. Enlisting next week after I retake piss test. (too much protein)
I just get more and more hooah'ed every day.

Maybe because I'm bored of civvy life, or that I've been looking into joining for over a year now.

My only regret is that I wont be able to smoke pot anymore.
>>
>>30773469
Dont say shit. Why volunteer that information? Not like it can be confirmed.

Army doesnt even know I've been diagnosed with ADHD as a child.
>>
>>30781682
Everybody needs to be able to run in the military.

Just start running now. It only takes like 1-2 months to get in running shape. As long as you arnt some obese fatass.
>>
>>30780639
Please respond
>>
>>30783786
>I just got in the Army with a 2B RE-code
No that other anon, but im trying to go into the army. I got a RE1 from the navy. Were you in a different branch before or were you in the army before? What did they let you back in as cause i heard theyre only accepting prior service into 18x. that true?
>>30785014
>Am I a dumb ass for wanting to enlist as an E-3 and finish my bachelor's during my enlistment?
No
>>
>>30785609
you're making my dick respond
>>
Could 11x go into special forces or is it only available to 18x?
>>
>>30786021
>Could 11x go into special forces
IF you mean green berets than yes, just try out later in your career. Or go in with an Option 40 contract adn try out for rangers.
>>
Hey guys, i need your help.
I want to join the army but i need 3 references(dd370) and only one can be family.
My problem is, i've been a hermit most of my life and the only people i really know are my family.
What do?
Would some of you be willing to be my reference?
>>
are ASLAVs comfy? ill be in one start of next year
>>
>>30786860
Do not let someone from /k/ be your reference. They actually send someone out to talk to them. Unless you really don't want to be in the military.
>>
>>30786860
Church (other religious institutions are available), teacher, lecturer, doctor all suffice.
>>
>>30785026
Grower here as well. No one cares. Everyone is embarrassed at first and after the initial phase they just try not to look.
>>
>applied for SAS reserves
>filled in a form on the internet
>got an email from someone
>sent off the medical
>phone call telling me to await further instructions and expect an interview

What will the interview involve?

I want mindless speculation only
>>
>>30785026
>>30786894
I dont get this, how have you never been in a public shower before?
High school gym?
Sports?
Gym locker rooms?
No on fucking cares about your dick.
>>
Yo fuck ft Polk man. Today is the last day we are in the box. Just spent 15 days sleeping and shitting in the forest wearing the same uniform and now all I wanna do is take a shower, shit in a toliet, and not eat fucking MREs.
>>
>>30786910
>how have you never been in a public shower before?
You're in a thread that regularly has people asking what to do about the three references they don't have. What do you think?
>>
>>30786987
The best are the "How do I get fit enough for something happening in a few months time?"

Then the dozens of replies from fat people telling the poster to start lifting weights.
>>
>>30786987
>>30786999
Youre right, i forgot 95% of the people here are somewhere on the spectrum.
>>
>>30786983
mos? explain to a non army guy what is the box and why were you doing that? Some excersise?
>>
question:

How do you feel about dying for america? With no rights (patriot act), no guns (california and other states), and fixed media (no first amendment)?

Is this country worth dying for?

Will the hedge fund managers send their kids?

Will the new immigrants go?

Why? How do you keep your patriotism? Please tell me, because all I can see is a ruined shit hole not worth dying for.
>>
>>30787052
13Fox. It's a training thing called JRTC and its basically a simulated invasion where you fight the OpFor and take over multiple small towns. It's all in this big forestry area called The Box and it fucking sucks. Especially now cause Louisiana in July is literally high 90s all the time.
>>
>>30787058
>Why? How do you keep your patriotism? Please tell me, because all I can see is a ruined shit hole not worth dying for.
You may not realize this but joining the miltary has almost nothing to do with patriotism. There are plenty of other reasons to join.
Free college during and after with Gi Bill
Crap pay in the beginning but once you advance its much better
Healthcare
Oppurtunities to travel and have crazy experiences
i served with a few people who were homeless before and just needed 3 meals a day
You gotta use the government not the other way around.
I did my 4 and got out and am now using the gi bill.
>>30787070
interesting, whats next for you
>>
>>30787091
oh. well, you can still get college from working.

i always thought joining the military was to fight, not to take an admin job.

that's how it still is in my mind.

<--lived with parents and paid way through college.

Probably not as independent as military, but I respect your initiative.

just don't get any parts blown off.
>>
>>30787107
>i always thought joining the military was to fight, not to take an admin job
Who says you cant fight and still take advantage of everything i said above? Plus a very small % of the military is actually involved in direct fighting. The vast vast majority are support roles.
>>30787107
>-lived with parents and paid way through college.
Mate that sounded terrible to me thats why i joined.
Did my 4 at 19-23 now im out going to school for free and gi bill pays for you to have a place to live on your own as well. Its a sweet deal.
>>
>>30787119
suit yourself. different way to accomplish the task.

i dunno, it seems more and more i hate this shit hole my country has become. i don't know how you could fight for the policies and broken shit that the 'higher ups' made.

there was a time i would've like to join, but this country is a raging shit hole. much better to stay private.

you get high paying jobs from the military though - federal pays like 100k before manager position, which is a lot more than the private sector.

it's definitely can be a good route for the new economy in our country, but i dunno.
>>
>>30768731
>When was the last time US Army SF worked with Russian speakers or in a country that speaks Russian?
Shit loads of random central asian countries use Russian or something close enough to it. Several of those have US bases and of course there's always stuff going on around Afghanistan, Pakistan and other-stans. And Russian is a common second language around those parts.

They'd still take Russian. A russian speaker in a unit that might interrogate random jyhadists would be useful.

>>30771806
>polygraph assclenching
>broscience
Sort of. Polygraphs are half-broscience anyway but yeah they can be beaten.

You know how poltards go on about Hillary laughing about a pedophile walking? It wasn't "lol, that's funny", it was 'lol that's fucked up". Ironic laughter.

You know what she was laughing at? She was a public defender, defending a pedo who she was pretty sure was guilty but he took the cop's polygraph and beat it and walked. What can you do?
>“I had him take a polygraph, which he passed – which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs,” she added with a laugh.

So if random pedos can beat it then an enlistee can to except that you're probably not as motivated as someone trying to avoid serious jail time.

The techniques are reasonably well document, they generally just involve avoiding any physical stress responses to dishonesty (rehearsed answers help, remembering a lie and remembering a truth are similar enough phsyiologically, just don't wing anything or panic). The other strategy involved is to add some stress to the easy ones, some people used to put a stone in their shoe and press down on it during true answers to level them out a bit. I've heard of them being done barefoot for that reason now but there's lots of ways to cause a little pain to yourself. Biting a corner of a tongue, pressing on a spinal nerve if you have a sore spot, pressing a toenail into the next toe...
>>
File: italy-cannabis.jpg (250KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
italy-cannabis.jpg
250KB, 1368x1026px
Anyone know what MOS you join the Italian army for to just grow weed all day?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/cannabis-italy-army-medical-marijuana-italian-military-produces-best-quality-weed-a7156176.html
>>
>>30787091
Going home. I'm Natty G, thank fuckin god.
>>
>>30786879
Not religious, dropped out in 9th grade, no doctor, and i want to join without anyone i know, knowing that i'm joining.
>>
>>30787468
GED?
>>
File: 1463811899184.jpg (193KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
1463811899184.jpg
193KB, 600x739px
>get a call from my recruiter
>while he was gone for training, MEPS terminated my application for a bullshit diagnosis from when I was a teenager
>"I just want you to know, I'm calling in every favor I got. Everyone in my chain of command knows who you are and if there's even a chance of you making it, I'm going to make it happen"

I'm not getting in, am I.
>>
>>30787475
Yes, also, i'm fit and got a 93 percentile on my asvab.
>>
>>30787540
>bullshit diagnosis
what was it? how did they find out?
>>
Do I have what it takes to be a ranger? I ran cross country in high school and heard it's not too hard.
>>
>>30787540
He's probably being 100% serious.

Gotta fill those quotas
>>
File: 1462506138334.jpg (79KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1462506138334.jpg
79KB, 450x450px
>>30787559

My hypochondriac parents saw me sleepwalking once and took me to the doctor. No one else has ever seen me do it, and I don't think it ever happened.

It was small print on the doctors' note I gave them about a conspicuous scar on my chest from a hockey accident.

If this shit doesn't work I'm going FFL. I've invested too much time and effort into getting ready to go back to data analysis.
>>
>>30787587
Why would that matter? I had a dude in my basic(who's now a pl in ranger batt) who would sleep walk almost every night.

>mfw someone would put his red lense on him as he sleepwalked for hours so no one would have to pull fire guard
>shit was so cash
>>
>>30787568
>heard it's not too hard.
who lied???
>>30787587
>It was small print on the doctors' note
should have scribbled over it senpai
>>
>>30787587
Sleepwalking once disqualified you? What?
>>
>>30787602
I've just heard since it isn't actually sof it's pretty easy to get into.
>>
>>30787601
So badly I want that to be a thing for me.
>>
File: 1464564810012.jpg (30KB, 552x631px) Image search: [Google]
1464564810012.jpg
30KB, 552x631px
>>30787605
>>30787601
The doctor prescribed me fucking schizophrenia-tier pills after listening to my parents for five minutes. I never filled the prescription or went back for a check-up, but it's enough information for them to reject me.

Sergeant says if this was wartime, they'd let me in without even asking for notes, but I fucked up and joined in peacetime.
>>
>>30787614
>sof
yes it is.
Green berets=Special Forces
Special operation forces=all Special Spoopy units. Seals, green berets, rangers and so on

Who did you hear that from man? RASP is pretty well known to be tough.
>>
>>30787614
>part of USASOC
>not special forces

They're not Delta but they're still special forces
>>
>>30787614
It's easier, that doesn't mean it's easy. But if you're going in, definitely get the option 40, because why not? It's an opportunity to pick up schools and experience early on that you might not get otherwise.
>>
>>30787630
Just watching the rasp documentary I assumed it was pretty easy
>>
Ask someone whose in 1/75 anything
>>
File: layerCopy.png (781KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
layerCopy.png
781KB, 768x1024px
Only semi related but I want to wish the 70 or so American troops that stopped over in my town recently a safe flight, don't get shredded by ieds guys
>>
>>30787657
Why would I care what someone who is 1/75 of something has to say?
>>
>>30787647
>rasp documentary
which one? link?
what looked easy about it?
>>
>>30787666
They'll be too busy shooting eachother in live fires to get hit by an ied
>>
>>30787674
He probably means Making the Cut, which is mostly just people doing obstacle courses and running.
>>
>>30787667
Because most units have hundreds of thousand of people, imagine a unit with only 75? They must be high speed
>>
>>30787681
>He probably means Making the Cut, which is mostly just people doing obstacle courses and running.
thats what i figured but how does that look easy?
>>
>>30787716
Because it's hard to show constant sleep deprivation on video.
>>
>>30787716
>oh no they have do do land nav just like in basic and carry logs and get their phones the entire time and weekends off sure is tough
>>
>>30787725
The most sleep deprivation you'll experience is Cole range which is 4 days long, the rest of rasp you're off work by 1700 and have almost every Saturday and Sunday off work.
>>
>>30787728
>get their phones the entire time and weekends off sure is tough
>>30787736
>The most sleep deprivation you'll experience is Cole range which is 4 days long, the rest of rasp you're off work by 1700 and have almost every Saturday and Sunday off work.
Source and citation please?
Im not saying your wrong im just confused. If its easy why doesnt everyone do it?

Is SFAS much more difficult???
>>
>>30787742
Source is I went through rasp 2 years ago, take it or leave it but that's my experience.

What I've heard about the SF pipeline from people I went to rasp and ranger school with is SFAS isn't that much harder, as long as you don't quit and can ruck decently you'll be fine. It's the q course where most of the SF pipeline gets its dropouts and most of it is like failing written tests or spot reports.
>>
>>30787657
Can you get me in?
I'm >>30786860
>>
>>30787742
>If its easy why doesnt everyone do it?

Because 'easy' compared to SF can still be 'hard' for the weak willed.
>>
>>30787761
That's some /r9k/ level shit mang.

You can't get your parent's friends to do it?
>>
>>30787759
>Source is I went through rasp 2 years ago, take it or leave it but that's my experience.
Did you make it?

>>30787759
>It's the q course where most of the SF pipeline gets its dropouts and most of it is like failing written tests or spot reports.
interesting, is that just due to lack of studying or low intelligence?
>>
>>30786860

If you want my advice, go to the local VFW or American Legion and tell them your situation. If you can look and sound sober and professional enough, I'm sure you can get a couple vets to vouch for you.

Getting internet people won't work, they call them later and ask a half dozen basic questions about if you are who you say you are.

Being a complete shut-in is a bad sign for your mental stability, so you want to downplay that shit.
>>
>>30785219
>>30786894

Fellow grower here. I want to assert my dominance when going into the showers. Exactly how erect should I be for full effect?

Pls advise.
>>
>>30787770
I don't want them involved or to know at all.
>>
>>30786910
Most people in America never use a public shower these days. They didn't even give us time to us the showers after gym class if we had wanted too.
>>
>>30787844
Any particular reason for this? I'm also about to enlist and I'm keeping it quiet until I've actually signed the contract, but parents and close friends still vaguely know I'm doing it.
>>
>>30787809
Make sure to use your boner as a towel hanger to impress everyone with your powerful erection
>>
>>30787891
This. I never knew why we had the fucking showers when we never used them.
>>
>>30787891
>>30788144
in gym class? we showered every day after class.
>>
>>30788109
I just don't want them involved, also, my dad would tell everyone he can about it and i like privacy.
>>
Do most active duty infantry vets end up unemployable or is that just a meme?
>>
>>30788657
You won't learn a trade like you would in other services, so unless you aim for law enforcement you won't have learned many useful skills.
>>
>>30785706
I was an Airman, and I was E-4/under so I'm not treated any different than non-priors, apparently. I have to pick my MOS at MEPS instead of my recruiting station though.
>>
>>30771109
BS. I went to tech school with a kid who was discharged from the navy for having test cancer. It's possible dude. Just find the right recruiter and do some research.
>>
>>30788778
interesting. what mos u going for?
>>
File: 1469242000271.jpg (76KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1469242000271.jpg
76KB, 268x265px
Can my basic training process my JROTC time got promotion? I'm a reservist and my reserve base isn't helping me, and my recruiter says my basic trsining can do it for me on the spot at in-processing .
>>
My right heel is hurting. I think I'm running like a retard. How do I get a better pace and not land on my heels?
>>
Anyone have experience getting a degree online while enlisted?
>>
>>30788937
i didnt but people i knew did. whats your question
>>
>>30788896
Yeah but it could take a while
>>
>>30788950
I'm about to go in with an associates. I'm just wondering how feasible it is to get my bachelors during.
>>
>>30789022
very, given alot depends on your job/rate/mos and command. Some make you wait before using TA while others let you right away. There are so many variables so its hard to give a definite answer.
>>
>>30789056
>>30788950
I'm also concerned with my online degree being worthless compared to someone who actually went to school.
>>
>>30789157
Depends on what you're going to use it for. If you just need the degree because the job requires you to have a bachelors it won't matter too much. What major are you going for and what do you want to do afterwards?
>>
>>30789157
You can also use TA to take classes in person when you have the time or are on shore duty. It doesnt have to be just online.
>>
>>30789185
My plan is to go FBI or something else federal. My planned MOS is 35 series, so I'm already going to get a TS clearance.

Don't know what degree I want. Maybe poli-sci
>>
Just got booked for nov1st ship date for 2F031 fuels. how much am i going to hate myself, and how likely am i going to go bald and get prostate cancer from fumes
>>
11b will answer questions

i am deployed

got a ranger slot, going next summer
>>
>>30789938
Where are you deployed to?
What are you doing there?
Are there SF or rangers there?
talk about them and what they are doing?
>>
>>30789991
>Where are you deployed to?
Afghanistan
>What are you doing there?
Working with SF
>Are there SF or Rangers there?
No Rangers here specifically, SF yes

They're fucking shit up. If you look in the news you'll see 300 terrorists just got merked in Eastern Afghanistan. Yeah, that was literally my platoon / the ODA I'm with and the other ODA/ANA/ANSF/Commandos/Air Force with us.

Other than that we train daily, live life, shoot the shit.
>>
>>30790020
Damn man that sounds fucking amazing. Im trying to get an 18x contract so you got me fucking pumped.

I honestly dont even know what to ask but i wanna hear more.

Any stories you feel like sharing?
What are the SF guys like?
All they are cracked up to be?
Are you infantrys guys as tough?
Does this make a lot of you wanna go rangers or SF?
>>
File: 1409363770896.gif (715KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1409363770896.gif
715KB, 200x200px
Should I join the national guard?

I want to be a 68w, I'm in the process of going to uni right now.

Should I?
>>
>>30790161
Also I am hoping to transition to Active once I finish my Bachelors, hence me not just going Active now
>>
>>30790082
Any stories you feel like sharing?
I don't really have any retained in my memory in depth. Last ODA that was here before us took the guys we replaced and shot ~300 mortars in a day effectively killing 37 people and wounding 20 more. I got to listen to the JTAC talk over minigun fire during the op, which was funny shit. I don't talk about their stories, I just talk to them about general shoot-the-shit and watch Steve Harvey shows on AFN and treat them like fucking humans.

My favorite moment was watching an ISR feed of 2 ODA's and 100+ Rangers clearing a town, the Rangers set support by fire on either side, and the 2 ODA's looked real cool and calm, just walked in a real slow line up to their objective and systematically cleared an entire town in a few hours. It was awesome to watch.

>What are the SF guys like?
Some of them are fucking dickheads, 90% of them are nice dudes and if you ask a simple question you'll get a lot of information from them and can lead very awesome conversations. Many are humble, many are not at all.

>All they are cracked up to be?
wat? They're SF dudes - they train a lot and deploy 6 months out of the year. They're not wearing half the retarded gear most autists think they wear. They have superior knowledge in all of their fields, especially Deltas. I've seen some Echos who were just clueless about some shit. Bravos love their fuckin guns man.

>Are you infantry guys as tough?
Tough isn't a way to describe it. We're not trained the way they are. Most infantry guys are just in it to get the FUCK out of the army, a FEW are in it to grow. SF guys are in it for a career.

>Does this make a lot of you wanna go rangers or SF?
Some dudes get freedom boners and all hooah but it dies down a moment after everything settles. I've wanted to be a Ranger since I remember and like I said, going to RIP when I get back to the states.

>>30790161
If you're going active anyway, just stick out college, then go active. You'll come in as SPC (E4).
>>
File: 1463869300022.png (262KB, 446x456px) Image search: [Google]
1463869300022.png
262KB, 446x456px
>>30790221
Sounds fair

>100+ Rangers plus 2 ODA's
>A company sized SOF element
>Operating that fucking hard

Holy fuck I cannot wait to go to RASP.

If I go in as an E-4, with my Bachelors in Biochem, going through SOCM to be a Ranger Medic should be a little easier I would think.
>>
>>30790221
Damn dude all that sounds crazy and awesome. Its funny cause they make it sound like the war is over and no ones is over there yet you guys are still over there kicking fucking ass.
Sorry im asking so much about SF but like i said i want 18x.
What do those guys look like physically? Super muscular? Leaner? Tall? Mostly white dudes?
Are most of them older?
>>30790221
>I've wanted to be a Ranger since I remember and like I said, going to RIP when I get back to the states.
Good luck dude that sounds awesome. From your POV what made you decide to go Rangers rather than SF?
>>
>>30790321
Why would you apologize...

They're all generally built differently but if you look hard enough you see the same thing except for a few mutants. Most of them are lean with wiry / toned looking arms. Their heights range...some are tall, some are avg height. Not all are weight, depends mostly on the ODA / Group but even then they're all different.

Most of them are 20's, some 30's.

I want to be a Ranger because love the Ranger Creed. I aspire to be a Drill Sgt, however I will consider SF sometime down the line. I am not even old enough to go SF yet.
>>
>>30790373
>Why would you apologize...
Well i dont want you to feel like the ugly sister thats all. I appreciate your responses.

>>30790373
>Not all are weight, depends mostly on the ODA
Can you elaborate on this? I dont know much about how ODAs/Groups differ.

>>30790373
>I am not even old enough to go SF yet.
Oh shit you must be young. Joined outta high school?
>>
>>30790404
>Can you elabortate? I don't know much about how ODAs/Groups differ
Each group is assigned to a different part of the world. They deploy to different areas and speak different languages with each other. Obviously being Afghanistan most of that BS goes out the window.

>Joined outta high school?
Yes I was all signed up a few weeks after my 18th birthday. I spent my 19th birthday on pre-deployment leave.
>>
>>30790373
I am an 11X DEPer. What are the chances I will get to see combat?
>>
>>30790433
>Each group is assigned to a different part of the world. They deploy to different areas and speak different languages with each other.
Oh i knew that but the way you said it i thought you meant there builds differed based on that or something.

Did you or your unit have to do anything special to get selected to go with an ODA? Or how does that process work? Did you guys do any training with them before hand?
What is you role there compared to the ODAs?
>>
>>30787540
This is to butter you up for a shit job offer. You'll totally take it because he played this card.
>>
>>30790447
I know of some units deploying in the upcoming year so you could get pretty lucky, stud.

If you even get through OSUT that is.

>>30790472
>Did you or your unit have to do anything special to get selected to go with an ODA?
It's mostly by need right now, I guess I can say. The ODA's always need grunts around to do their lightwork so they can focus on more pressing matters. However, my troop is the best in the regiment. Yes I'm a fucking infantryman in a cav unit. We all hate it.

>How does that process work?
Entire squadron (Batallion) deployed across the whole country. My platoon is in East Afghanistan, some are in South, North, West, etc. you get the point. it was by random, but that being said my platoon is also the best in the troop lmao.

>Did you guys do any training with them before hand?
ODA's only deploy for 6 months, I've seen 4 ODA's in the past 2 months I've been here since one was on its way out as we came in. I will see another group replace this ODA before I leave.

>What is your role there compared to the ODAs?
We pull security, run the TOC, and drive / gun for them. It sounds shitty but it's pretty fuckin awesome. I get to watch AC130's from a live feed every night.

All in all it's your mental output about the situation that determines how your quality of life will be in the army.
>>
In college ATM and broke as shit. I have hella loans and am doing engineering. If I enlist will the government pay them off? And what branch would be the best for me with an electrical engineering degree? Navy or Air Force presumably?
>>
>>30790533
>Yes I'm a fucking infantryman in a cav unit. We all hate it.
Can you explain? Whats the diff? What else would you be in? How does it differ?

>>30790533
>I will see another group replace this ODA before I leave.
How long you guys there for?
>>30790533
>ODA's only deploy for 6 months
Is this cause they do so much during that it is simply exhausting?
>>30790533
>I've seen 4 ODA's in the past 2 months
Why so many? Do they travel around that much or how does that work?
>>
>>30790589
>Can you explain? Whats the diff? What else would you be in? How does it differ?
I would be in an Infantry Division, and very happy. Needless to say my unit as a whole is retarded, too much to list off.

>How long you guys there for?
9 Months, so 7 more.

>Is this cause they do so much during that it is simply exhausting?
That used to be the case with sometimes 15+ monthlong deployments that completely exhausted and nearly killed off entire ODA's. They shortened it down to 6 for Rangers / ODA's because it is so fucking stressful.

>Why so many? Do they travel around that much or how does that work?
No I mean I've been attached to 4 so far. It'll be 6 by the end of the deployment. All in all? Fuck including this op, I have worked with / seen probably 10 ODA's. Sometimes they travel base to base via convoy if it isn't that far, other times they'll fly in to work with the ODA's.
>>
>>30790636
>I would be in an Infantry Division
What made you get attached to the cav unit instead of the infantry div then?

>>30790636
>9 Months, so 7 more.
Jesus fucking christ!!! Your deployements are 1 1/2 years!?!!? Thats nutz. Is that normal???
>>
>>30790718
>What made you get attached to the cav unit?
For the most part, being stationed on Fort Hood...

>reading comprehension
My deployment is 9 months, I have 2 down, 7 to go.
>>
>>30789938
How likely is it to get deployed as infantry? You seeing any action?
>>
>>30790754
>My deployment is 9 months, I have 2 down, 7 to go
See >>30790636
>9 Months, so 7 more.
>reading comprehension

>>30790754
>Fort Hood
is that known as a shitty place or something?
>>
>>30790764
It depends on unit so completely out of our hands lol. Guarantee you stay in for a minute, you'll deploy.

And see >>30790020
>>
>>30790782
How long you guys there for?
>there for 9 months, 7 more to go
>9 months, 7 to go
It's just a lack of communication

Fort Hood isn't too shitty, it's pretty massive and offers a lot of attractions on-base as well as around base. Killeen is a dump, don't fuck with Killeen. You can get to Austin, San Antonio, etc. pretty easily from Fort Hood. I don't have much to complain about it except before I bought a car the sidewalks are retarded and the bus service is even more retarded.
>>
>>30790783
Haven't talked to the recruiter yet so this might be a stupid question, but when you join as 11X do you have any influence about which unit you end up in? You can have airborne as part of your contract iirc, how does that work? Similar to your option 40?
>>
>>30790811
>It's just a lack of communication
youre right, but which is it? Im assuming your total deployement length is 9 months correct?

>>30790811
>Fort Hood
Did you choose there or did the army choose for you?
Also you made it sound like due to that fact you had no choice but to be stuck with a cav unit. Are there no infantry divs there or something?
>>
>>30790783
Would you recommend trying to get into an airborne unit? are any of them overseas?
>>
>>30790824
No, you have no influence and orders will come around week 8 of OSUT. Your Drill Sgts can get you SFAS / RIP / Airborne in basic itself, but NO guarantees. And yes airborne works similar to option 40, airborne is actually included in option 40.

>>30790851
9 MONTHS.

And this is my first contract, army chose my duty station. If I don't drop a RASP packet when I get back from Ranger School (assuming I succeed) I will most likely pick Fort Carson when I pick my next duty station. On Fort Hood there's 1st Cav and 3rd Cav for infantry, as far as I know.

>>30790853
173rd is in Italy. And I'd say go for it, you'll get extra pay for jump status, but you run a mothafuckton. I don't care for airborne besides getting a badge / jump experience.
>>
>>30790907
>9 MONTHS.
OK that makes way moer sense.
>>30790907
>If I don't drop a RASP packet when I get back from Ranger School
Oh are they seperate? I knew there was a school for the Tab and the real RASP to get a scroll.>>30790907
>Fort Carson
Whys that?
>>
>>30790941
Yes, to get into 75th Ranger Regiment, you must attend RASP and graduate. To get a Ranger tab, you must attend RIP and graduate.

And I fuckin love Colorado, buying a house as soon as I get there.
>>
>>30790963
>And I fuckin love Colorado, buying a house as soon as I get there
Nice, guessing you been there before.

>>30790963
>Yes, to get into 75th Ranger Regiment, you must attend RASP and graduate. To get a Ranger tab, you must attend RIP and graduate.
Right thats what i thought. You have a slot to go to RIP correct?
>>
>>30790988
Correct, I'm going with my LT.
>>
When I ship out to BCT, will I be issued the new OCP uniforms or the old digital ACUs?
>>
>>30790783
If you're a 68w, how likely are you to see combat and be with infantry during wartime?
>>
>Never been very good socially
>Only had one girl friend my whole life
>Only person I've so much as kissed
>Broke up when I was 18
>Nearly four years go by
>Been hanging out with a girl from work
>Finally get the courage to kiss her on my 22nd birthday
>She reciprocates, later tells me it's her first kiss
>Finally have another girlfriend
>Less than a month before I ship out to basic
Why does life have to have such cruel timing?
>>
>>30790996
>Correct, I'm going with my LT.
Neat, ive heard a lot of talk about that school. Sayig its pretty broken. Like its become a make or break school for officers or something like that. Have you heard anything crazy about it? Also why arent you going straight to RASP? Do you need this first?
>>
>>30790907
>No, you have no influence and orders will come around week 8 of OSUT. Your Drill Sgts can get you SFAS / RIP / Airborne in basic itself, but NO guarantees

So will it be decided based on your performance in OSUT or just luck?
>>
>>30791026
As long as she doesn't cheat on you during basic, and as long as your dumb ass doesn't try to marry her right out of basic, you'll be good.
>>
>>30790997
>tfw I was the last cycle to get ACUs
You'll get OCP uniforms.

>>30790998
There's 3 roles for medics (AFAIK) if you aren't line. Role 1 is the aid station, Role 2 is a place that can operate and do surgery, Role 3 is a fuckhueg hospital that's well established.

But every infantry platoon has a doc. Usually all 68W's if male will start with a line unit, from what I hear from doc it's just about the only way to progress your career.

>>30791035
Yeah if you don't get your Ranger tab you won't make it in the infantry world as an officer. My LT got cellulitis and got medded out so he's going back ASAP.

Crazy shit? Read around, it's a suckfest. And I want to have my tab before going to ranger batt. Especially having been in the army for 2 years by the time I graduate. Ranger Batt likes their soldiers young in their career.

>>30791047
Both. My Senior Drill Sgt didn't think anyone deserved a single fucking school, meanwhile every other platoon got SFAS, RIP, Airborne like fucking candy.
>>
>>30791026
Normie get out
>>
>>30791055
I mean, unless she's lying about me being her first kiss, then she clearly isn't exactly pulling in guy after guy. I'm not worried about cheating. It's just shitty timing, and I'm worried making her like me and then leaving will hurt her.
>>
>>30791068
>Both. My Senior Drill Sgt didn't think anyone deserved a single fucking school, meanwhile every other platoon got SFAS, RIP, Airborne like fucking candy.

Ok thanks!
>>
File: 1466999341064.gif (2MB, 600x244px) Image search: [Google]
1466999341064.gif
2MB, 600x244px
>>30791026
>be me
>19
>Never been very social
>Never had a girlfriend or even held a girls hand
>TFW I completely missed out on High School anime romance

Now I'm shipping out to basic in a month or so. Will I ever find a cute girl or will I have to settle with redneck women who like Army guys?
>>
>>30791068
>My Senior Drill Sgt didn't think anyone deserved a single fucking school
Wait so did he simply not give them schools or did he actually cancel peoples schools? I ask again cause im going 18x and that makes me nervous as fuck that some random asshole having a bad day might not like me and fuck me over like that.
Also when you went through AIT were there optiuon 40 and 18x guys mixed in with you?

>>30791068
>Especially having been in the army for 2 years by the time I graduate
Awesome, so if all this works out the way you want will you pretty much be some hot shit or is your career so far and ideas pretty standard?
>>
>>30791114
Mothafuckin Dunham was the biggest retard in our OSUT company. He got his airborne revoked, then got kicked out toward the end. Some guys got offered SFAS and rejected it, only one got RIP. All the dudes who got SFAS washed out and are in 82nd.

I don't know, I'm not a hot shit in general. I don't score nearly high enough on the PT scores that I could be, I maintain 260's because I don't put enough effort in. Since I locked in on that RIP slot I picked up a pretty rigorous routine and it's doing me well.

Yes I suppose I'll be a hotshit, just gotta get my PT up really. As far as merit goes, I'm the most motivated by far, have retained / exercised the most knowledge, and now my PFC's usually come to me with questions generally. I'm also the RTO - one step away from a leadership role. No pride, just showing if you give your all, you'll accomplish every mission you set forth.

A lot of who I am now is both my Christian faith and my love for the Ranger Creed.
>>
>>30791259
>Some guys got offered SFAS and rejected it
Why? thats seems crazy to me why wouldnt they want it?

>>30791259
>All the dudes who got SFAS washed out and are in 82nd.
Wtf!!! are you serious? They washed out in AIT or SFAS? IM guessing SFAS since they are in the 82nd? Did you talk to them, if so what was the reason they washed out? Simply to physically challenging?
>>
>>30791349
>Why? thats seems crazy to me why wouldnt they want it?
I think they were incompetent bitches. Or young guys with wives and kids and didn't really mean to stick around the army in the first place.

>Wtf!!! are you serious? They washed out in AIT or SFAS? IM guessing SFAS since they are in the 82nd? Did you talk to them, if so what was the reason they washed out? Simply to physically challenging?

I'm sure it was physically challenging for a few because one of the dudes was fat. Some probably just couldn't cut it, I really don't know man. When I first got to Fort Hood I walked up to a fucking freakbeast dude and asked for direcitons to getting onpost, and after talking for a bit this monster of a dude said he got kicked out of SFAS mostly because his pullups are pretty weak. I think he may not have trained well enough, I don't fucking know but it blew my mind.
>>
>>30791444
Wow man thats all crazy to me. It seems so random, i cant even believe a fat kid had an 18x contract. I also cant believe that buff dude had bad pullups. This is making me seem like you mostly need a lot of luck to make it through.
Anyway tahts it for me. Just wanna say thx for answering all my questions. If you can think of anything else to talk about in relation to SF or improving my chances of passing id appreciate it.
>>
>>30791491
The army isn't 100% PT and you'll notice that if you focus on wisdom over PT. Yes, maintain the standard and do fitness, but mothafucka get smart. That's how you succeed. Schools aren't by luck, they're by skill, knowledge, and giving it all that you got.
>>
Can anyone tell some good army schools that everyone can go to? Already airborne and air assault. Looking for a challenge. I know of Ranger and SFAS but what else is there to do?
>>
96 AFQT
Signed Air Force munitions job
Should I just bail? Why the fuck did I sign for this job lololol
>>
File: 1469695103468.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1469695103468.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>30788955
Alright, thanks. Hopefully it'll work out alright.
>>
>>30791837
Are you serious my nigga? How do you have a 96?
>>
>>30791871
God gave me intelligence to make up for my shit face. Stingy faggot didn't want to give me both
>>
>>30791905
Truth. I'm an 85 but I am pretty fucking ugly. Like a 4/10. 6/10 if I'm really trying.
>>
>>30791871
I got a 96 too. Getting an 11X contract.
>>
>>30791989
That's different. I have an 85 which is pretty high and I am going 11X too. I am already enlisted. 11X is pretty fulfilling in my mind with a lot of room for growth but ammunition jobs? Why?
>>
I'm about to leave for Benning in a few days. Made it past MEPS in January with good weight. But now I think I might be overweight for my height. What will happen if I am over the height and weight requirements?
>>
>>30792023
Recruiter pressured me to sign munitions, told me I'd be out of DEP if I didn't. Honestly fuck the Air Force
>>
>>30792103
You'll be disqualified and charged with fraudulent enlistment. You will then spend the next five years of your life in jail.
>>
>>30792454

They won't just send you away, they'll actually jail you?
>>
>>30792500
Kek no. Worse thing to happen is you won't be shipping out that day.
>>
>>30791609
Well you already made it past the hardest ten days in the army so...
>>
>>30778587
Oh shit see you there anon.
>>
>>30791837
>Should I just bail? Why the fuck did I sign for this job lololol
You should go for something interesting. How about intel?

This is reddit but someone asked almost your exact question (96AFQT watdo?)

>Consider 1N4 or 1N3. There is a comment about 1N1, that's OK. Just don't go the generic 1N0 route -- that's intel for dummies and the career path can be less than satisfying. 4 or 3, or 1, will open up opportunities in the three-letter agencies that a 1N0 can't really compete for. Best wishes; enlist as soon as possible. Go ahead and make your career for yourself. Oh, and once you're in, work on that 4-year degree. That is, today, what a high school diploma was worth 30 years ago. You simply have to get one. But let the USAF train/school/work you while you work on it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AirForce/comments/oepvh/scored_96_afqt_percentile_on_asvab_today/?st=ir71rp1h&sh=3e93a3a8
>>
>>30792949
>Just don't go the generic 1N0 route -- that's intel for dummies
>that's intel for dummies
Sounds perfect.
>>
>>30792949
The problem is I'm already locked in for 2W0X1. Recruiter isn't willing to work with me to get me a new job, so I'm left with either choosing another branch which I'm hesitant to do, or just go to college and accrue debt.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.