[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30 round magazine for $9. Is there are significant reason why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: D&H 5.56 30RD ALUMINUM MAGAZINE.jpg (12KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
D&H 5.56 30RD ALUMINUM MAGAZINE.jpg
12KB, 370x370px
30 round magazine for $9. Is there are significant reason why not to buy this and instead get the next cheapest magazine (on Palmetto State Armory) for $20?
>>
nope
>>
Wait till they are on sale for 6.99 like they usually are every week. I've only got 4 of them, but I haven't had any issues yet.
>>
>>30767916

>Is there are significant reason why not to buy this

you could wait for the next time they're on sale, PSA frequently sells them for $7 a piece. they're great mags, I say get 10 or so of those and a few pmags. I like pmags a bit more because they're gripper and easier to load.
>>
>>30767916

I bought 5 tan D&H ones on sale today for $7.99
>>
>>30767916
You'll probably need to fit them with more secure Followers, anyways.
>>
Just don't get the ones with green followers.And don't smack these mags around, the backside will come off over time. If you're storing them with ammo, load about 28 rounds instead of 30 to preserve the life of the mag.
>>
>>30769118

What's wrong with green followers?
>>
>>30767916
Get hooked on phonics first mang cuz that sentence was terrible
>>
>>30769197
They're the old version which were replaced with tan. They have a problem with tilting, which the tan followers fixed.
>>
>>30769219
Thanks man I try
>>
>>30769118
>28 instead of 30
I thought springs wear out from repeated compression then decompression?
>>
>>30769762

While I agree that's the common consensus among /k/, I'll play devils advocate and assume maybe he's not talking about springs themselves, but maybe the mag lips deforming from the pressure on them if loaded with 30 instead of 28?
>>
>>30771639
It's to make it easier to seat a mag with the bolt forward
>>
>>30771639
It's not that it's a consensus, it is fact. Springs wear out from repeated compression and decompression, which causes the metal to fatigue. Storing a spring compressed or decompressed will not wear it out.
>>
>>30767930
This. I bought 14 of them a couple months ago. They're made by D&H and came with Magpul Enhanced followers.
>>
Grabbed 5 while they were 6.99 a few months back. Glad I did.
>>
File: IMG_20160601_155119.jpg (4MB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160601_155119.jpg
4MB, 4000x2992px
>>30769105
>>30769224
They aren't old GI mags. See >>30772118
>>
>>30772071
Actually it may wear it out if you deform it past the elastic limit
>>
>>30774524
What he said.

>>30772071
This is new-fuddlore.

Storing springs fully compressed accelerates loss of tension, however on most weapons it won't really be noticeable.
>>
>>30774581
Literally nobody agrees with you, in a sourcable scientific reported manner.
>>
>>30774848
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creep_(deformation)

Hurr durr
>>
L A N C E R S
A
N
C
E
R
S
>>
File: harris!.png (341KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
harris!.png
341KB, 600x600px
>>30767916
Hola muchacho! I would like to have the link. This is for a personal collection. No one will have to know where I purchased these hi-I mean standard ;) capacity clips.
Kameron Harrison
>>
>>30774855
Unless your mags are getting to 3000 degrees creep will account for limit 0.
Maybe you want to add in atmospheric friction while you're at it.
>>
>>30772071
>It's not that it's a consensus, it is fact. Springs wear out from repeated compression and decompression, which causes the metal to fatigue. Storing a spring compressed or decompressed will not wear it out.

This is correct.

>>30774581
>This is new-fuddlore.
>Storing springs fully compressed accelerates loss of tension, however on most weapons it won't really be noticeable.

This is not.
>>
>>30774581
>This is new-fuddlore.
TAKE A FUCKING PHYSICS CLASS YOU LIAR

If you don't know the facts about something, don't lead other people astray with the first horseshit that pops to mind.
>>
>>30774886
It's actually true that compressing a spring past it's fatigue threshold causes the metal to become weaker.

However, it is also possible to design a spring with a fatigue threshold greater than the force applied when fully compressed. What matters is the shape if the spring and the type of metal it is made of. A good magazine can stay fully loaded forever and suffer no loss of tension in the spring. A bad magazine would be better off being kept loaded below its maximum capacity.
>>
I bought 11 of these back in December before I even had a completed AR.
I've since given 3 to my brother in law, and have kept the other 8.
They have worked flawlessly for me, aside from 2 instances of FTE (ripped the case heads off of Tula steel) and a few FTFs (PMC bronze rounds that didn't go off) however, these were not caused by the mags. I have 10 Gen3 Pmags that I got for $12 each that I left in their plastic because I feel that they will hold their value better that way.
Anyways, I plan on ordering at least 10 more before September.
Pretty much when they hit $6.99 I'll get 10.
>>
>>30774855
>generally, creep becomes noticeable at 35% of the melting temperature for metals

Unless you're operating inna volcano, I think you'll be okay
>>
>>30774909
of course it's possible for the fatigue threshold to be greater than experienced with all rounds in the mag, it works that way for pretty much every fucking magazine that gets built with compression springs.
Did you think they draw straws out of a hat to determine the length of the spring? No, it's common knowledge among engineers exactly how springs fucking work, you dumb fucktard.
>>
>>30775153
Some bad magazines are made regardless.
>>
>>30767916
What the fuck, who in their right minds would sell 30-round clips given the current rate of mass shootings? If you're good with your assault weapon like in GTA you could possibly kill two or three people with one bullet.

Walking around with a 30-round clip in your gun, then, is like planning to kill 60 people EVERY DAY. Only foreign shell corporations would try to get away with selling something this dangerous.
>>
File: 1457843181178.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457843181178.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>30775220
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.