[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of curiosity how important is it to have a flashlight on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 37

File: 12413241324.jpg (148KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
12413241324.jpg
148KB, 700x500px
Out of curiosity how important is it to have a flashlight on your gun?
I keep hearing people say if you're going to only have on accessory on your gun it has to be a light and shit like that.
>>
>>30767256
do you clear rooms at night very often?
>>
>>30767256
Very important, unless you own NODs. Target identification is THE most important thing to have before using a firearm defensively.
>>
>>30767256
Say someone breaks into your home at 3 am. You grab your gun and pop your head out to the hallway and see a general shape of a person there. What then? Your 400+ lumen light or whatever puts you in an advantage because you are now shining a blinding light directly at him in a way that he can't really see where you are (doesn't work at longer distances and in open environments) and you can clearly ID him as a threat or someone else before shooting

Remember the 4 golden rules of shooting?
>>
>>30767256
good to have on your HD gun, good to at least carry a flashlight if you're carrying at night.

>>30767273
>do you shoot people very often?
guess you dont need a gun :^)

>>30767282
this guy gets it
>>
The range is closed at night, so not very important.
>>
>>30767287
Don't want to accidentally shoot your mother in-law? Grab a flashlight.
>>
>>30767287
Not important.
If you're defending your home at night, just turn on the fucking lights.

>>30767287
>he can't see where you are
Yes he can. You're holding the only source of light in the house. He knows *exactly* where you are.
>>
Lights are very important for a home defense/SHTF gun. You could get along without one, but I wouldnt recomend it.
>>
>>30767256
you don't need it
unless you plan to defend yourself inn'a dark
>>
>>30767360

no he wont know "exactly" where you are, but you'll know for sure if he's a threat and where to aim
>>
>>30767256
It's dark like half the time.
>>
>>30767341
So you're saying I should not grab a flashlight?
>>
>>30767256
>I keep hearing people say if you're going to only have on accessory on your gun it has to be a light and shit like that.
Well why are you fucking asking us then? Listen to what's going into your fucking ears, moron.
>>
>>30767360
>If you're defending your home at night, just turn on the fucking lights.

You've clearly never been in a break in scenario. If you think you have time to get up and get all the lights you're absolutely fucking retarded.

He'll also just have a general idea of the direction you're in, but you've clearly never had a high power output flashlight in your face before if you think they'll know for sure where you are
>>
>>30767422
Don't don't not get a flashlight, if you don't want to not shoot your mother in-law.
>>
>>30767256
They can be useful for illumination and signalling, as well as blinding an opponent. If you have no need for any of those functions, don't get one.
>>
>>30767441
>It takes me a long time to turn on lights in my house!
Are you retarded or are you 2 feet tall? For literally everyone else on the planet, turning on the lights is a "free action" -- takes less time than actually walking by the light switch.

Are you trying to fucking stalk the guys breaking in, or are you trying to get them out of your house? Turn on the lights, let them know that Fred Flintstone's home and he's bringing a gun.
>>
>>30767465

I look forward to you getting shot in your home

>Are you trying to fucking stalk the guys breaking in, or are you trying to get them out of your house?

what are you a faggot?
>>
>>30767477
>I look forward to getting shot in your home
this coming from a guy that thinks
"I'll shine a light in his eyes, identify that he is a threat, and then shoot him in less time than it takes him to shoot at my vitals -- which are right where my weaponslight sits"

No, faggot, if you flip on the lights, call out for identification, and they don't scatter, you *know* shit's going down. Playing fucking ninja master is what gets your kids shot.
>>
>>30767465
>For literally everyone else on the planet, turning on the lights is a "free action" -- takes less time than actually walking by the light switch.
>>>/tg/
Git back to the shit cesspool that your board has been since 2012
>>
File: predator.jpg (163KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
predator.jpg
163KB, 1500x1000px
>>30767465
>not wanting to avail yourself of perhaps the only chance you'll get to legally hunt the most dangerous animal
>>
>>30767515
>>30767465
>>30767360
>Fuddlore: The Posts
>>
File: WP_20160521_004[1].jpg (3MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160521_004[1].jpg
3MB, 3072x1728px
Is your gun intended for home defense, or ensuring your survival in a worst-case scenario in general?

If so, maybe it'd be a good idea to have some source of illumination.
>>
>>30767515

>mall ninja
>kid

at least summer is almost over. you know not everyone here is a NEET like you?

no dumbass, go stand in the dark and find someone to shine 300 or more lumens in your face from 15 feet or closer, tell me how oriented you are. how slow is your reaction time that you cant switch on a light and identify a threat and fire within a few seconds?

i guess all the mil and police who use weapon lights should just turn on the lights instead, eh? do you want to email them or should i?
>>
>>30767465
>>30767515
>bang bang crash
>get rifle
>walk outside room if it didn't happen there
>clear room by room till you find someone that doesn't belong
>shoot and done

It's literally that fast and easy and you don't have to fumble around trying to reach every single switch in the house when you're carrying your own light source
>>
>>30767558
>tac light blocking the red dot
>>
>>30767539
What's wrong with /tg/ ?

>>30767256
I say buy one op you're gonna need it for when SHTF anyway, better to have and not need then need and not have.
>>
>>30767583

>oh look, its retarded.
>>
>>30767583
Look again moron
>>
File: WP_20160521_007[1].jpg (3MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160521_007[1].jpg
3MB, 3072x1728px
>>30767583
Lel
>>
>>30767558
Definitely HD, most likely SHTF around my area is something like a really bad tornado and you can't shoot a tornado to death.
>>
>>30767628
>Definitely HD
Get a light.
>>
>>30767574
This

Darkness+modern flashlights=blind as fuck

I was walking my dog at night one day and there were some cops and some other guy with a dog too. The dog started barking at mine and the cops shone their lights on us from the other side of the park and that shit is fucking blinding
>>
>>30767637
This also. You can't have any sort of HD gun without it having a light. In fact that should be your number one priority on that gun above everything else
>>
>>30767574
>>30767581
>break in some cuck's house
>hear him get up
>see him stumbling around in the dark, wearing his plates and his ar-15
>he occasionally flicks on his flashlight at everything he sees, gets maybe a 6' radius sight picture, then flicks it off, ruining his night vision and confirming his exact location to me, every single time
>just sitting still trying to decide when I'll drop all 6 rounds from my glock 40 into his head
>try not to laugh
>fail
>he "sneaks" within 15 feet so he can to try and blind me with his weaponslight
>turns it on at last second
>I shoot him in the face before his brain can figure out if I'm the guy that banged his wife last weekend

Gee, if he just flicked on his fucking lights, he would have seen me!
>>
>>30767655
So you're just shitposting huh? Eat dicks
>>
>>30767621
Not gonna lie I didn't think that would work as well as it does either
>>
>>30767593
Well you jihadist loving, sharia apologizing tripshit, it used to be a great board until quests became popular and then moot shunted all quests from all boards to it, refusing to make a /quest/ board despite pleas. All the creative talent left as the board filled up with people who didn't give a shit about its actual topic and what remained was a bunch of circlejerking over quest threads. There was also NaziJanitor purging everything they thought was remotely unrelated for a while (but of course quests were somehow related), I mean anything that could be considered meta or slightly not-/tg/ was deleted even mid-thread.

People got sick of it and all the good anons left. There's no creativity or energy left there now.
>>
>>30767673
Of course it works you fucking tard
>>
>>30767655

not everyone is as retarded as you are
>>
>>30767671
It's not a shitpost, bro. It's how the situation will actually play out, rather than your fantasy where you creep up on the three fucking stooges that can't keep quiet, are completely nightblind after wandering around in the darkness for 15 minutes, and are there to actually do you harm.

weaponlights make more sense for raiding a house than defending it. If you're defending it, just flip on the fucking lights. It's your fucking house.
>>
>>30767628
Not with that attitude you can't
>>
>>30767673
Best part is I'm still showing more of the tail switch in that pic than you actually see when aiming.
>>
>>30767628
>you can't shoot a tornado to death.
Not with that attitude you can't.
>>
>>30767655
>break into some cucks home
>liberating his TV in the name of Saint Tray-tray
>dark af can't see shit easily
>suddenly a fucking floodlight blinds me for a few seconds
>white light must be raycis
>realize it's the cuck
>5 rounds of .45 out of his AK-15 tear into me before I can draw my glock .44
>after I'm shot he turns on the lights
>see its some fat neckbeard with a Chinese cartoon girl body pillow
>starts shouting about how he's gonna post this on some four-chans
>muddafuggin
>bix nood

You've never had one of these lights turn on and point at you in a dark environment have you? It's not your little $1 cuck lights you get at Walmart

And if they got dazzle lights then fuck it all man you're out of it for like 2 seconds
>>
File: 1441833775527.jpg (110KB, 705x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441833775527.jpg
110KB, 705x960px
>>30767758
>teleport behind him
>heterochromia allows me to see perfectly in the dark before I unleash weaponslight
>lumens folded 300 times
oh please....
>>
>>30767814

I'd say you're noguns but you seem even worse than that. im not sure youve ever even seen a flashlight before.
>>
>>30767835
I'd say you're nobrains because you've never heard someone walk through a house in the middle of the night before.

They may as well be a fucking marching band. You're not going to sneak up on people with your weaponslight. You're not going to successfully ambush bad guys with your weaponslight.

Crash boom bang? Turn on the fucking lights. Release the hounds. Say "Who's there? If it's friends or family, you'd better say so, because anyone else is getting their head blown off."

Fuck, I'm arguing with people too fucking retarded to use light switches without dedicating MINUTES of their time to it. It's obvious at this point that the only people disagreeing with me are A-1 tards and trolls. Which are you?
>>
File: 20160617_204844.jpg (2MB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
20160617_204844.jpg
2MB, 2048x1151px
>>30767690
>closed doors
>light for next room/hallway is behind said door

Gee, what should I do now? If only I had a portable source of illumination 10x brighter than any household light that could be activated without removing my support hand to fumble around for a switch in the dark.

Oh, nvm.
>>
File: 1462319266875.jpg (100KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
1462319266875.jpg
100KB, 854x640px
>>30767758
>cucks
>cuck
>It's not your little $1 cuck lights you get at Walmart
>>
HD / room clearing gun? Functionally mandatory.

Any other gun? Practically pointless.
>>
>>30767889
You literally walled off your light switches?
>>
>>30767886

>I'd say you're nobrains because you've never heard someone walk through a house in the middle of the night before.

>They may as well be a fucking marching band.

oh ok, you're fat

>You're not going to successfully ambush bad guys with your weaponslight.

fairly certain i know my house better than someone robbing the place

>"Who's there? If it's friends or family, you'd better say so, because anyone else is getting their head blown off."

>worried about light giving away his position
>better option is to scream at them

top kek lad, keep the butthurt coming.
>>
Old boss of mine shot his wife. Heard a noise in the middle of the night. Went into the back of his toy trailer and then his wife went in the side door. He didn't have a light and shot her. She lived but yeah... light.
>>
>>30767915
>huhrrrr ur giving away ur position!?!?!
Are you a fucking retard? I'm *against* sneaking around trying to stalk bad guys because that's how innocent people, such as friends and family, end up getting ventilated. Popping out of the bathroom with your weaponslight blasting at anyone in your house at 3am is going to get your family killed -- you would know that if anyone could withstand living with you.

If you *are* going to go the "sneaky sneaky cheekie breekie" route, then ambushing them with your weaponslight is not the way to go, dumb fuck.

>Acquried target
>got him dead to rights
>oh shit, my weaponlight's not on!
>turn it on
>now I can actually shoot!

You faggots are piling fantasy upon fucking fantasy. You're all dressed up with nowhere to go and your $200 flashlights are about as useful as a fucking bumper sticker and just as tacky. It's sad to see such an adamant and vehement defense for these pieces of shit for "home defense" when they offer no PRACTICAL advantages in a true home defense scenario.

You're not fighting off fucking looters. You're not fighting off the fucking predator. You're shooting at assholes that want free shit. You don't need a weaponslight to do that.

If you had the fucking cartel coming to get you, yeah, get a weaponslight -- a many, many other things, like fucking claymores.
>>
>>30767910
Are all your light switches outside of the rooms of which they correspond with?
>>
>>30767979
I have light switches at the entrances of rooms. It's impossible to enter any room or hallway in my house without passing a light switch.

Because my house was not built by fucking retards.
>>
Any defensive firearm needs a flashlight. Why there's a thread for this is beyond me. Target identification is key is low light/no light conditions.

Beyond that lights disorientate the fuck out of people. Unless you live by yourself and you know for an absolute fact no one else that's friendly is in/going to be in the house then you need a flashlight.
>>
>>30767675
Maybe they'll come back now that moot's gone?
>>
File: thisamusesthefuhrer.jpg (6KB, 244x238px) Image search: [Google]
thisamusesthefuhrer.jpg
6KB, 244x238px
>>30767978

>all this autism
>not understanding the proper use of a weaponlight

nobody is advocating running around with your light on, or claiming you cant do HD without a light, but you are the only person retarded enough to outright say they're utterly useless which is beyond pants on head retarded - its unbelievably naive and baseless.

>IF YOU HAVE A LIGHT YOU MUST JUST LIVE IN A PREDATOR FANTASY

all of my what

by the way, a weaponlight would be useless against predator anyways, he has that cloaking capability and all.

keep it coming m8, this is some of the best shit I've seen on /k/ today.
>>
File: image.png (811KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
811KB, 750x1334px
>>30767814
>you cannot make out a man shaped object in the dark
>a light suddenly flashing in said mans face will not blind him
>lighting up someone will not help with target identification

It's literally go into living room in a quiet manner, see a man shaped figure, then shine light at him.

>>30767891
Memes are fun
>>
>>30767256
I have one, one of those quick deploy super lumens blind a mf deals. Have only mounted it to familiarize my self with it to deploy -if, and that's an unlikely IF- I ever need it. Good thing to have around, but rolling it on your weapon is gay af mall ninja bs desu, it unbalances your weapon, and 96% of the people posting "hurr durr absolutely ID your target" nonsense don't even have it mounted properly (protip: don't point your weapon at something you don't plan to kill, RULE # FUCKING 1), and have probably only have put 50 rounds through their weapon. They do it because COD "it looks cool." Like anon said above, you ain't going to be clearing any rooms m8, and if it comes to that, you'll have long since got lead poisoning
>>
FACT: There are more times you wished you had a flashlight with you than there are times you wish you didn't have it
>>
>>30768001
because light switches exist in all homes that were not erected in the middle of your cousin-fucking swamp, and they are much more effective at target identification than running a strobe or a flash.
>>
>>30767978
>Literally everyone who either shoots people or train to shoot people advocate and use weaponlights

>Some random anon in the internet's gutter says weaponlights are useless

My choice of no lights on a defensive weapon confirmed. Thanks friendo
>>
>>30767996
>thieves can literally turn off the lights as they run through your house or approach you
>not built by retards

Kek

kys my man.
>>
>>30768049
Except they're not. Say someone's at the deep end of a living room and you're coming down from a hallway. Naturally the light switches would be right next to the door either leading out of the house or into the house from the garage, which is usually further away from hallways that lead to the bedrooms/kitchen/upstairs. Would you rather expose yourself and walk over to the threat just to turn on the light? Or fucking point your rifle at him and then shining a light to ID them. There's going to be situations where for whatever reason you may not be able to reach the light switches. Let's say the threat or whatever decides to attack during a power outtage, or flat out cuts the power somehow. Flashlights are there for a reason and they're always good to have around. Literally no justification to not having one
>>
>>30768047
FACT: There are more times you wished you had $200 than times you wished you had a flashlight on your gun

>>30768089
>t-they'll j-just turn the lights b-back off!!!
How will they do that when they're dead? If the first thing they think of when I flick on the lights and have my gun aimed at them is "I'm going to make a run for the light switch" then all the better for me.
>>
>>30767256
I'm guessing you've used the flashlight on your phone at least once in your life. You probably would've been fucked without it.

Now imagine instead of looking for your headphones that fell under the seat in your mom's car, that you need to save yours or somebody else's life

get a flashlight and stop being a faggot
>>
>>30768049
Except light switches aren't going to be conveniently located right next to you at all times you dimwitted fuck. And if you even think about running a strobe you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>30768097
>what if they cut the power?
>or they attack only during power outages?
contrived fantasies, bro.

You didn't need to throw away that $200.
>>
>>30768137

>if it can go wrong...it wont because you're in a fantasy land

hope you're willing to bet your life on that
>>
>>30768137
>contrived fantasies, bro.
You're fucking delusional. Just because you don't think something could happen, something very plausible at that, means it never will anywhere? .
>>
>>30768137
Better not own a fucking gun if the first place if a break in is a contrived fantasy then. Why the fuck are you even here then? Why even bother fucking making this thread and asking a question? You clearly don't need a flashlight. You clearly don't need a gun. Just call the cops and they'll come over to save your faggot ass because it's also a lot fucking easier to just dial 911 and sit on your good for nothing ass and hide than it is to fucking do something for yourself
>>
File: spinnygote.gif (149KB, 788x750px) Image search: [Google]
spinnygote.gif
149KB, 788x750px
>itt; poorfags try to justify their inability to afford a setup that can cost all of $100
This is the Geissele trigger, optics, and BCG sperg-outs all over again.
>>
>>30768127
Holy fuck, bro... you're not playing deathmatch game where you gotta pick shit up in the middle of the room, under a certain time limit, or you lose points/advantage. You're not going up against teleporting ninjas. You're entering a room, flipping the switch on, and identifying/blasting anything that's a threat in that room, while you're practically outside that room.

Fucking shit... you're so confused by what you perceive to be happening, you can't construct a basic situation from its true start-to-finish.

This is simple:
Why do assholes break into your house at night?
>>
>>30768190
Hey now, if I can't afford it, I don't need it and nobody else better need it either.
>>
>>30768049
>>30768137
>>30768205

>light switch
>any of these delusions

Okay, lemme use my home invasion experience to tell you how this works.

>at home at like 4 am
>sleeping
>hear someone crack the front door open quietly
>hear people come in
>i get up and nestle close to my door
>best friend slams his door open and turns the light on
>nigger and co incorporated immediately start screaming ebonics or some shit
>one pulls out a .38 special revolver and fires in best friend's direction
>nearly gets his fucking head blown off

as compared to
>a few months later
>got a shotgun because freedom aint free
>since moved bedrooms
>don't hear the pavement apes checking the house from outside
>they crack the door open again (different crew this time it turned out)
>i grab shotgun
>wait a few seconds
>slam open door
>immediately turn corner, weapons light on
>now have threat identification
>they're now blinded
>they attempt to turn around and open door, all dogpile on to it
>fail to open it
>scream "GET THE FUCK OUT NOW"
>they run out screaming
>never have a problem with niggers again

If you've ever pointed a taclight at someone at night you'd know it pretty much instantly blinds them and causes them to slam their eyes shut and look away. At that point if they're not on drugs they can find out which basic direction you're in, but that's about it.

That's just how the eye works. At night it adjusts to the dark and any light introduced to it will cause it to become slightly overloaded, but that's nothing compared to getting a taclight pointed directly at your eye. That will blind you for at least a second.
>>
File: 1458852916083.jpg (74KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1458852916083.jpg
74KB, 600x400px
>>30768190
>itt: poorfags try to justify their poor purchasing decisions
>>
I heard there was butthurt in this thread, so i came to set the record straight.

The only flashlight you need is a infrared light and your phone.
The ir light can be seen by the phones camera and will act likr nv, this way you can id the intruder without giving away your position.
>>
File: sanstromboner.jpg (75KB, 357x428px) Image search: [Google]
sanstromboner.jpg
75KB, 357x428px
>>30768228
Post your HD gun senpaitachi. :^
>>
>>30768190
This, this is exactly what this is about. Just look at >>30768137

It's clearly just about muh shilling and reverse shilling shit. While I agree that a lot of shit in the firearms and gear community/industry is just overhyped marketing shit, a line has to be drawn somewhere, and a proper, functioning flashlight of the brand/style of your choosing is simply just a good item to have and can likely save your life and others'. Hell if you're that fucking hellbent on "m-muh mallninja tacticool marketing shit" just fucking build your own light if you really want to/need to. But let's not fucking bullshit and pretend that flashlights aren't fucking necessary and useful and have a clear fucking purpose and use. You'd think that after so many wars and decades of combat-proven tactics and strategies someone would fucking come to this conclusion if they're too fucktarded to learn from their own experiences but yet we're here somefucking how
>>
File: 1460315064523.png (1MB, 853x959px) Image search: [Google]
1460315064523.png
1MB, 853x959px
>>30768205

>certainly its better to depend on using lights in your home and having to remove a hand from your weapon than to just put a fucking light on your gun

>weapon lights give away your position but turning on lights as you travel through your house wont
>>
>>30768205
Life or death situations ARE a deathmatch you stupid cunt. Humans are an constantly changing variable. They aren't going to do what you want them to do, they aren't going to be placed where you want them. You're literally fucking retarded if you think a god damn flashlight isn't an invaluable tool.

Smart people don't break into homes at night, dipshit. They do it during the day when no one's is likely home.
>>
>>30768168
break ins happen. 30% chance it'll happen to you in the next 10 years.

Break-Ins where you won't be able to use electricity, and the bad guys are actually there to kill you, not just steal your stuff (therefore, not running away when they find out that you're home AND heavily armed), and those bad guys can teleport without making a sound, you can teleport without making a sound, and there's no chance of you fucking up and shooting someone you care about?

Yeah, that's fucking contrived bullshit.
>>
Is it a home defense gun?
>VERY IMPORTANT
Is it a patrol/duty/innawoods gun?
>VERY IMPORTANT
Is it just a skibbity doo-wop gun for whatever?
>NOT VERY IMPORTANT
>>
File: 1448740396031.jpg (88KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448740396031.jpg
88KB, 720x720px
>>30768264

>doesnt believe in the castle doctrine

>chances are he wont kill you so its ok bro lol

>TELEPORTATION
>>
>>30768242
This is even more retarded than the niggers saying flashlights aren't useful. Please explain how the fuck you'll be going around with phone and IR light in hand while still handling a firearm in an HD scenario. Or wait, lemme guess. You'll attach both your phone and the light to your ar?
>>
>>30768247
There's a difference between "I have it on my gun because it's cool and I like it, and I have the money to spend, and it might be useful, some day, maybe"
vs
the shills in this thread screaming "If you don't have a $300 600-lumen Surefire, then you might as well not have a gun at all, or locks on your doors. It's more important than literally ANY OTHER PART OF YOUR GUN"
>>
>>30768264
>and there's no chance of you fucking up and shooting someone you care about?
That's why you have a flashlight you inbred noguns.
>>
>>30768291

>he doesnt have an offset iphone mount for his AR

fucking plebs
>>
>>30768299
>the shills in this thread screaming "If you don't have a $300 600-lumen Surefire
Holy shit that strawman
>>
>>30767621
Jesus christ that tint is awful.
>inb4 b-but it doesn't bother me, doesn't matter shoots fine!
>>
>>30768264
Shhh... You're ruining their mall ninja Bruce Willis "Ima protect all the things & be an hero" fantasy head movie
>>
>>30768291
this >>30768308
>>
File: Red-Dots.jpg (62KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
Red-Dots.jpg
62KB, 640x472px
>>30768322
welcome to red dots, nooblet
>>
>>30768264
And what happens when shit indeed happens and you don't have a flashlight around when you need one? Again fucktard, if they were simply that unnecessary and only fit ultra contrived fantasy scenarios, why were they even a thing to begin with?

Fact: There are more times when a flashlight is useful and makes a day/night level of difference than there are times where they have gotten in the way.

And the whole idea behind even having a gun in the first place is because "it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it". How that somehow doesn't apply to flashlights in perfectly fucking reasonable and common scenarios is beyond me.

>>30768299
You can get 300Lumen lights for as cheap as $3. You can get decent weapon lights for a variety of different price ranges, and like I said, if you're absolutely that fucking autistic and spergtastic about "m-m-muh tacticool shilling!" tinfoil shit then fucking build your own you cum guzzling nigger
>>
>>30767408
he'll know exactly where you are because you've got a 40,000 lumen flashlight waving around trying to blind the neighbor's dog through your wall
>>
>>30768299

>literally the first person to bring up surefire or any brand for that matter

are you projecting? show me where /arg/ hurt you anon

>>30768322

>getting assblasted about glass tint

find me a red dot without tint
>>
>>30767837

Is he holding a gun? man he got lit the fuck up.
>>
File: HD handgun.jpg (139KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
HD handgun.jpg
139KB, 960x1280px
>>30768243
my HD handgat
>>
>>30768348
*cheap chinese red dots
My aimpoints don't have a noticeable tint.
>>
>>30768313
He's right. $ better spent on ammo and range time and training. You are not and will not be a hero. You're a casual try hard
>>
>>30767628
>you can't shoot a tornado to death

That's quitter talk
>>
>>30768361
>Y-You're just mallninjas because you think you need a Nitecore 40,000k hipolaroid LEDtech shurefiyah tac500 light
>muh scar
>>
>>30768358
>ur so butthurt!! U mentioned Surefire
because that's literally the only brand of weapon light I know. Is that a problem?
>>
File: $.jpg (58KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
$.jpg
58KB, 480x640px
>>30768366
>My aimpoints don't have a noticeable tint.
take a wild guess what that RD on the right is, genius
>>
>>30768352

memes are fun

see >>30767574

>>30768366

are you colorblind?
>>
File: Poorfags.jpg (272KB, 688x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Poorfags.jpg
272KB, 688x1434px
ITT
>>
File: 800px-Bob1p081.jpg (80KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Bob1p081.jpg
80KB, 800x448px
Hahahaha holy fuck are people actually arguing that a light mounted on your weapon during a fucking home invasion scenario wouldn't be a good thing to have? what the fuck even is this thread, fucking kids.
>>
File: IMG_6236.jpg (70KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6236.jpg
70KB, 800x448px
>>30768421

it is summer after all
>>
>>30768381
It certainly proves that I'm not criticizing weapon lights out of spite, like
>>30768399
implies

And I sure as fuck don't harp on the internet about "if you don't buy a SCAR, don't even bother getting a gun!"

Because I'm not a fucking shill.
>>
>>30768226
I love how the anti-lighters won't even touch this. Nice post.
>>
>>30767341
If my mother-in-law breaks into my home at 3AM I'm going to shoot her too.
>>
>>30768425
> shill.
I don't think you know what that word means, and no one here is saying that you shouldn't have a gun if you don't have a light.
>>
>>30768425

no, all your posts prove that you're retarded
>>
File: 1465537975375.jpg (619KB, 1547x2296px) Image search: [Google]
1465537975375.jpg
619KB, 1547x2296px
>>30768430
how do you dispute a fable?
>>
File: $ (1).jpg (53KB, 800x377px) Image search: [Google]
$ (1).jpg
53KB, 800x377px
>>30768425
you're not criticizing weapon lights out of spite, you're doing it out of abject stupidity.
>>
>>30768226
>>30768430
Yeah, you both sound like white trash drug addicts. I don't have niggers breaking into my home. I'm more at risk from thugs like you, and mr 870 is waiting by the bed. And I don't need no god damn lights.
>>
>>30768350
>what happens if you didn't get a weaponslight when SHTF?
Guess I'll use a real, actual flashlight. Dumbass.
>>
File: rd.jpg (208KB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
rd.jpg
208KB, 1000x416px
>>30768392
>>30768394
k
>>
>>30768484
>white trash
>thugs like you
Nice shitposting.
>>
File: question_mark-351x300.jpg (10KB, 351x300px) Image search: [Google]
question_mark-351x300.jpg
10KB, 351x300px
>>30768486
> use a real, actual flashlight
This thread is fucking something else, holy shit....
>>
>>30768486
Are you this fucking retarded?
>>
File: d523d225e9792634609b46c813968e1d.jpg (425KB, 1380x1536px) Image search: [Google]
d523d225e9792634609b46c813968e1d.jpg
425KB, 1380x1536px
>>30768491
k
>>
>>30767574
>i guess all the mil and police who use weapon lights should just turn on the lights instead
Are mil and police defending their own homes or are they RAIDING places? Their needs are not the same as your needs, unless you're raiding crack houses with your HD gun.
>>
>>30768515
>these guys need to see things quickly and readily in dark places to identify threats and surroundings, why would YOU need to do that in a home invasion?
Are you capable of thought or does your handler have to manually masticate your jaw during meals?
>>
>>30768515
Their needs are essentially the same you fucktard.
>>
>>30768484
>Nice post about your personal experience, it makes a good argument for your case!

>YOU WHITE TRASH DRUG ADDICT THUG I WILL SEE IN THE DARK LIKE AN OWL OR MAYBE A BAT AND SHOOT YOU WITH MY SHOTGUN

also
>using Remington
>2016
>>
>>30768515

>every military or police CQ engagement is a guns blazing, loud and brazen event
>surely they've never required both some element of stealth AND a weaponlight

stick to call of duty, the only place i can imagine you got the "light can only give away your position" meme from
>>
File: 1466786830903.jpg (5KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
1466786830903.jpg
5KB, 220x230px
>>30768484

>ur whiskey tango

>i dont need no...
>>
I have a feeling this thread has devolved into a half dozen people dogpiling on some retarded apartment-dweller who blew several paychecks on a SCAR
>>
File: 1412313971950.jpg (26KB, 482x277px) Image search: [Google]
1412313971950.jpg
26KB, 482x277px
I'm so sorry /k/, I never meant to make such a shitty thread, I just wanted to be enlightened (hue)
>>
>>30768537
>my home invasion wet dream is that the cartel is attacking me, and it's not just some meth head trying to steal my tv in order to keep the local pawn shop in business
You should probably check in with reality some time. Your home is not being invaded by El Chapo and his top lieutenants. You are not going to be rushing room to room, breaching doors with a shotgun, and taking out 3-5 people per room, with 5 of your buddies in your home defense scenario.

Not unless you were the luckiest /k/ommando ever born.
>>
>>30768570
Positive target ID is positive target ID

FOUR RULES OF GUN SAFETY
FOUR RULES OF GUN SAFETY
>>
>>30767360
>If you're defending your home at night, just turn on the fucking lights.
Why give the intruder the benefit of being able to see? Don't want him to trip over something in the dark and hurt himself lest he file an injury lawsuit.
>>
>>30768564

seems more to be one or two retards who wont give up being repeatedly told off by numerous people

>>30768567

nah, thread was fine. not your fault people responded like idiots

>>30768580

YOU LIVE IN A FANTASY LAND BRO
>>
>>30768570
Wow, didn't even begin to argue the function of the light in the two scenarios and the benefits thereof, just went straight to hammering home the backstory. You're a bright guy.
>>
>>30768570
A light works as a fucking light, and dark rooms with potential threats in them are dark rooms with potential threats in them you slack-jawed mongoloid idiot.
>>
>>30768493
Seriously, who has nogs busting in if you don't have drugs in the house? This is like, RL101. Y'all can live you fantasy lives of "protecting muh family, freedom!" But that's not how life really works. I'd bet dollars to donuts the dudes a dope dealer. And it's late 60's era 870, so EABOD
>>
Let's get this straight... your typical weaponslight zealot thinks this is what happens, every home invasion scenario:

>Hear enemies break in
>They've likely deployed all over the house
>get out of bed
>cut the power to own house so they can't use lights against me
>not that they could, lightswitches have all been replaced by mouse traps, for just such an occasion
>leap into hallway without making a sound
>6 thugs, lined up, facing me
>they can't see me, they don't know I'm there
>they're just standing there, perfectly still
>turn on weaponslight
>"We blind!!! Oh no! How did he know our weakness!??!"
>Open fire!
>All other thugs hunker down in rooms
>forced to sweep each room, individually
>manage to spotlight creep every single time, without fail
>weapon light (tm)
>>
>>30768605
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders
>>
>>30768591
>KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE SHOOTING AT IS A FANTASY BRO
>>
>>30768611
>LIGHTSWITCHES
see >>30768589
Why are you such a retard?
>>
>>30768605
>who has nogs busting in
Me and my best friend are quiet people, we go to bed early and wake up at the crack of dawn.

Plus, we're in a notoriously bad area of town that regularly has full blown home invasions and rapes, not just a few niggers attempting to get some drugs.

Where the fuck do you live anyway where this is not a genuine concern? The only people I've met with views on home invasions like yours have been sheltered university students.
>>
>>30768603
you're right. So turn on the lights. It's easier for you to see the threats than hoping you beam your spotlight on the only guy there to give you trabble.
>>
>>30768611

no they just think

>someone breaks in
>grab gun
>make way to intruder carefully
>see vague outline of a person from ambient light
>flip on light
>oh shit its some dindu with a blade
or
>its my fucking drunk ass roomate again
>ID has been made, respond accordingly

i think the only one in fantasy land is you tards who think light is dumb

>im too poor to afford a weaponlight, too stupid to understand how important it is to know what im shooting at
>better get real asshurt on /k/ about it
>>
>>30768641

>hurr light spill isnt real
>flashlights work like hoses!
>>
>>30768642
how is that any more beneficial than flipping on the lights and positively identifying your target, rather than trying to scribble all over him with your rail-mounted flashlight?
>>
>>30768641
> than hoping you beam your spotlight on the only guy there
holy shit, have you ever seen how a legit flashlight lights up a dark room or are you pretending to be a crack baby?
>>
>>30768615
CSB. Notice their lack of meanin? Like I said, I'm more worried about those knuckle head thugs up thread.
>>
>>30768658
>flashlights blind literally everyone in a room the instant they're turned on!
>even the guy holding the flashlight! :3

I'm arguing with literal retards.
>>
File: 1292515346202.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1292515346202.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>30768657
>>30768641
>Actually, genuinely, honestly has no fucking idea how a weapon light functions
Pack it up folks, he's either truly retarded or just a shitposter.
>>
File: 1167205455015.jpg (24KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1167205455015.jpg
24KB, 150x150px
>>30768678
>Actually, genuinely, honestly has no fucking idea how a light switch functions
>>
File: 1449450621959.png (18KB, 195x283px) Image search: [Google]
1449450621959.png
18KB, 195x283px
>>30768672
>>30768657

i cant even hang with this amount of retardation anymore. this topic has been beaten to death already, read the thread.

>>30768678

this.

>mfw people are so fucking dumb they dont know how flashlights work.
>>
>>30767341
>mother in-law
>implying she gets to live or even stay with you and not at some nigger motel
foh nigga
>>
>>30768638
Rural MI. Grew up in "Chiraq" have never once been worried ther. White trashy meth heads are a serious problem here. It's a sad fact. But this isn't /pol/, so I'm going to drop it, before getting a time out. I'll reiterate: a weapon light is one of those things that is useful to have, but rolling it on your weapon has more downsides that upsides, it has its place, but is more "looks cool" than functional 90% of the time. Not a necessary item. Spend the $ on ammo, range time, and training.
>>
>>30768567
You can't control if some mouth-breather who thinks a light projection from a weapon light functions like a fucking laser beam barges in and ruins it for everyone.
>>
>>30768662
*Melanin
>>
>>30767413
Kek
Underrated post
>>
>>30768741
>>30768707
>JUST HIT THEM IN THE EYES AND DAZZLE THEM!!!
>You'll already know where all the bad guys are
>weapon lights indicate bad guys' positions on the HUD map and cast them in a red glow in your vision!
>It's not a laser beam, it'll dazzle them if you simply have it turned on, in the same house
>even on the other side of a door or wall!
How long until your cries of defense devolve into buyer's remorse?

I forget, how many steps in the grief process is Denial before Acceptance?
>>
>>30768779
Dude, you're a fucking moron. Ever wonder why everyone is shitting on you and laughing at you? It's because you're an idiot who doesn't know what the fuck he's flinging into everyone's eyes. You're ten-ply, bro.
>>
>>30767655
>flip on light switch
>jamal and tyrone see me immediately and shoot me lashaun contiues packing loose valuables in a trashbag

Yes definition just flip on the lights. Blow your cover by alerting them all to your exact spot with a flashlight or give them a well lit target by turning in the lights.

Ha what if

>tyrone uses his college education and favorable job training to flip the main power breaker off outside

Now what? You cant always expect electricity to be going. Natural disasters always bring out looters and there is no power, phones out, police cant respond if they can get notified and probably wouldnt make it fast in good conditions.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Somewhere around 500 lumens (IRCC) and covered in dust.
>>
>>30767307
You don't NEED a flashlight to clear rooms at night.

You'd probably want one though
>>
>>30768491
Don't you have some dogs to shoot?
>>
>>30768809
101rst chairbourn detected. Ma's got the hot pockets ready and the Dew's cold. You can return to CoD after dindins>>30768809
>>
>>30769586
>can't quote or even spell properly
wew
>>
>its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it
want to flip on the lights in a room? great, you can still do that with a weapons light attached.
>>
>>30768366
Pssssst
>>
>>30769631
This, what kind of fucking sperglord decries this shit?
>>
>>30769628
>Resorts to grammar nazi
Nice try lad, you just failed harder
>>
>>30769664

poorfags
>>
File: shrugging-guy.jpg (19KB, 740x493px) Image search: [Google]
shrugging-guy.jpg
19KB, 740x493px
>just turn on the lights dude!
Okay

Or

Orrrrr

I could have a perfectly fine light source immediately on hand with my weapon, that doesn't illuminate me as well as the perp, and the switch is always within reach and doesn't have to be approached from around corners or across rooms...oh, and that light in no way harms my weapons and isn't even expensive. Just a thought...
>>
Bottom line w TT, you're the try hard faggot at the range (if and when you can set down the CoD long enough to take your Bushmaster out) w a fleshlight at the end of you bang stick, who most likely can't hit the broad side of a barn. If you want to be that guy, more power to you. Stay brave 101rst chairborne patriots. Make great again! Nogs wogs and dogs are common fer yer fat womins w shitty prison tattoos!
>>
>this thread
>t. Gecko45
>>
>>30769842
>if your setup isn't exactly like mine, you're a mall-ninja and can't shoot
you're a riot
>>
>>30768049
And when you have to go outside? Say your back yard? And yeah if I'm up with a cup off coffee and I have my flash light I carry in my pocket. 100% awake and on top of shit then maybe I wouldn't need it. But I figure I'll be scared out of my mind. Hence why I want the gun.
>>
Same topic, different question.
Should you always have a dedicated EDC light? The one on your phone doesn't count.
>>
File: she's perfect2.jpg (599KB, 1382x778px) Image search: [Google]
she's perfect2.jpg
599KB, 1382x778px
>>30767256
No, OP.

I just strap this gigantic fucking 1,000 lumen Chinese LED light to my AR so I can see niggers stealing from my barn at night for fun.

It is absolutely important if you don't live in a city.
>>
As others have said, you should have one on your HD gun, and you should know how to use it. Because of shit like this anon mentioned.
>>30767970

Anyone who is posting on a gun forum and doesn't know how to use a light should be gassed.
>>
>>30771995
>lumens=megahertz myth
>anti roll pins
>posting this same garbage in two different threads

kys
>>
>>30767543

Fucking this.
>>
I have a light on my nightstand. When there is a bump in the night, I grab my gun AND the light. One of the rules of safe gun handling is to not point your weapon at anything you're unwilling to destroy. You must constantly break this rule if your flashlight is attached to your weapon.

TL;dr They should be separate for most glorious safety
>>
File: el cheapo light.jpg (3MB, 2841x2131px) Image search: [Google]
el cheapo light.jpg
3MB, 2841x2131px
>>30774036
Check this guy out, he thinks he's going to fucking FBI-torch-method operate all over some baddy when chances are he doesn't even practice such things at all.

A weapons light is just much easier and requires far less coordination when adrenaline is pumping, making it better for HD.
>hurr don't use a weapons light, you'll break a rule of firearms!
It's a rule of firearms that military and LEOs break all the time, because sometimes it just makes sense to.
>>
>>30767256
Some will say you need it some will say you don't, I'll say neither.

You can now see colors in the dark instead of greys.

You can clearly identify what something is before you shoot it. Which could be especially important if you live with people. (Filthy Normie's)

Can be disorienting for people who you shine the light at preventing them from identifying you or sizing you up.

Can easily confirm hits

>Will fuck with your night vision.

>Costs money

>Takes batteries

>Adds weight

>No chance of surprise or stealth

>If you shoot the light, there's a good chance you shot the light operator.
>>
>>30774125
The "no chance of surprise or stealth" presupposes that you use the light like a moron, a.k.a lighting up every damn hall or room you walk through, instead of simply creeping through the dark and using the illumination when a threat presents itself.

The nightvision argument is probably irrelevant once you reach the stage of using the light in the encounter, because your night vision need only be better than the guy you are blinding with the light, and it will be.

The guy getting blinded by the light will also likely prevent him from getting off any sort of aimed fire at all.

All the rest of the cons are only relevant to the most extreme ramen noodle-grade poorfags there are, who need to worry about getting a better job and hitting the gym instead of arguing about things they can't afford on an Atlantean cheese-based entree grilling enthusiast forum.
>>
>>30767287
>you can clearly ID him as a threat or someone else before shooting
>Remember the 4 golden rules of shooting?
Turns out it's your child sneaking in after having been out to a party.
You just pointed a loaded weapon at your child, clearly breaking one of the rules.

>Jamal breaks in
>You point weapon at him and turn the weapon light on
>He panics and fires his sawed off shotun at the only thing he can see, the light
>You get hit in the chest by two shells worth of buckshot
>>
>>30768539
>Their needs are essentially the same you fucktard.
One is offensive and relies on speed and violence of action and small unit tactics to overwhelm any resistance by superior firepower.

The other is defensive and relies on getting a shot on the other guy before he even knows you are there.

>essentially the same
Unless your plan for "home defense" is to kick in the door at the local crack house with 10 of your well armed friends just in case they MIGHT try to rob you in the future i would say the needs are pretty far from "essentially the same".
>>
File: 1468361915777.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
1468361915777.png
226KB, 468x345px
>>30775609
If you don't know where your kid is at night or when he's coming back he's most likely doing nigger things anyway. You've failed as a responsible parent, gun or no gun. Also implying Jamal can draw and shoot when a gun is pointed at him first.

8/10, made me reply
>>
>>30767628
Sure you can
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.