[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: FAMAS-G2-IMG_8894-white.jpg (131KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FAMAS-G2-IMG_8894-white.jpg
131KB, 3000x2000px
What went wrong?
>>
Wasn't enough clip to do some damage.
>>
File: french-person[1].jpg (45KB, 293x420px) Image search: [Google]
french-person[1].jpg
45KB, 293x420px
>>30766594
France.
>>
They stopped surplusing them
>>
>>30766594
It's not lefty friendly. At all.
>>
>>30766790
The FAMAS has a completely symetrical design, making it the first fully ambidextrous rifle ever made.
>>
Carry handle charging handles are so old school. How do you mount optics?
>>
Nothing, le FAMAS is fine.
>>
Our gov want cheaper.
>>
>>30766594
The French government sucks donkey dicks and killed their domestic small arms industry, and the G2 should have replaced the F1 much earlier in service for all branches.
>>
>>30766594

Great rifle on paper even if the first versions were a little rough and had their faults, what killed it overall is >>30767259 and stupid projects like FELIN
>>
File: scowl2[1].jpg (73KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
scowl2[1].jpg
73KB, 300x300px
>>30766594
>bayonet on a bullpup
>the point is to *not* have reach
>>
>>30766879
Except for the ejection port being where I'd put my face.
>>
>>30767391
>Except for the ejection port being where I'd put my face.
The ejection port is also ambidextrous. You have to field strip it and turn the mickey head. You also swap the cheek rest, but that's just for comfort.
>>
>>30767414
Well fuck me then. Disregard.
>>
>>30766594
>What went wrong?
The French small arms industry
>>
>>30767414
>The ejection port is also ambidextrous. You have to field strip it and turn the mickey head. You also swap the cheek rest, but that's just for comfort.
1. It's not ambi if you have to strip it and turn a part around in order to shoot it lefty
2. It's a military weapon, nobody is EVER going to be allowed to switch it to left-handed. Not now, not before, not from any time between now and the heat death of the universe. NEVER.
So far the only lefty-friendly bullpup service rifles are the F2000(forward ejecting) and the Chink gun(ejection port is far enough forward for lefties to use it safely).
>>
>>30767358
Everything needs a bayonet, anon.
>>
>>30766594
The G2 never came in. And they shut down the factory so they have to depend on other nations to make ammo and supply them rifles. Like Portugal
>>
>>30766790
>.t person who has the famas gold in MW2

fucking moron
>>
>>30767466
So by that logic, the Aug isn't ambi nor are the Jew guns
>>
>>30767466
>2. It's a military weapon, nobody is EVER going to be allowed to switch it to left-handed. Not now, not before, not from any time between now and the heat death of the universe. NEVER.

i have obviously never served, but what is the reason behind this?
>>
>>30767503
>So by that logic, the Aug isn't ambi nor are the Jew guns
Correct. In what universe is an Aug supposed to be ambi?
>>
>>30767519
Uniformity. All gear has to be set up so that the guy next to you can use your shit if need be.
>>
>>30767503

I kind of see anon's point. Bullpups that forward- or bottom-eject are more ambidextrous than a weapon that you have to take apart and alter mechanically to switch sides.
>>
File: IMG_0159a3.jpg (160KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0159a3.jpg
160KB, 800x600px
>>30766790
The ejection port can be easily switched to the left side, but you need to disassemble the rifle to do so.
There is a little part called "a mickey's head" because it looks like the iconic mickey mouse round head and ears, that you just have to revert, and voilà, your rifle will eject from the other port.

What's not cool though is the way to hide the unused port is a simple plastic cache which has the bad habit of popping out of the rifle.

Also, on rifles with a lot of wear, it sometimes happen the gun wants to eject from the other side. Not cool.

Other than this, you're right, the very fast cases when ejected may cause injuries to the shooter's cheek. It's way faster than with an AR. Delayed blowback is to blame for this.

>>30766904
There was a proprietary mounting system called "PGMP" for "poignée garde-main polyvalente" or "versatile handguard grip" which included 2 to three additionnal supports for rail. Later models of these rails were mil std 1913/stanag 2324 compliant, the first model being a french army proprietary design.
This rail system was part of the PIRAT suite of equipments including a red dot and laser pointer, and the kind of Famas equipped with this stuff were named "Famas infanterie".

Problem was the PGMP was fixed through a modification to the handguard, some holes here and there mainly.

About 14 years ago, the designer of the PGMP later made a proposal for a new system with a full length picatiny rail on top of the handguard, without the need to use a dedicated modified handguard. It was bought by soldiers in huge numbers, since at this point the army allowed a lot of them to separately buy stuff to pimp their guns.

This led to a big aftermarket for Famas external parts, with grip mounts, rail mounts, slings etc. Most of them fixed through non destuctive methods, which garanteed the restitution of a "clean" gun to the armory.

pic related, a PGMP mounting system.
>>
>>30767571
More ambidextrous, sure, but they're def not "NOT-ambidextrous".
>Can the gun eject right?
Yes
>Can the gun eject left?
Yes
>Are the controls ambidextrous?
Yes
It's ambidextrous.

True non-ambidextrous guns can't be made to eject left.
>>
>>30767561
>Uniformity.
The French Army doesn't care much about uniformity.
>>
>>30767632
You don't seem to understand what ambidextrous means.
>>
>>30767561
I don't know about your military's conventions, but here the service rifle was issued to be the personal weapon of one soldier for the duration of service and if you grabbed someone else's by mistake you got smoked.
And we were certainly allowed to make certain changes to use it more comfortably lefty.
>>
>>30767736
Same in the German army. You are even allowed to add certain personal elements to your gun if you like (optics most notably)
>>
>>30767736
>I don't know about your military's conventions, but here the service rifle was issued to be the personal weapon of one soldier for the duration of service and if you grabbed someone else's by mistake you got smoked.
>And we were certainly allowed to make certain changes to use it more comfortably lefty.
Huh. I stand corrected.

Actually, I'm shocked.
>>
File: french 3 pointer.png (2MB, 972x929px) Image search: [Google]
french 3 pointer.png
2MB, 972x929px
>>
File: 1465837280437.jpg (7KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
1465837280437.jpg
7KB, 242x242px
>>30767769
So you weren't even in the military but are making statements as to why a soldier can't modify their weapon? lel I shouldn't be surprised
>>
>>30767466
>Chink gun(ejection port is far enough forward for lefties to use it safely).
Completely false.
T97 also has a fixed ejector, so the brass comes out at face tearing mach speed. AUG and Tavor are both more lefty friendly in right handed configuration than the T97 is.
>>
>>30767860
I was, that's why I am so shocked. The idea of a service allowing you to substantially alter your weapon like that is alien to me.
>>
File: 22famas.jpg (323KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
22famas.jpg
323KB, 1200x800px
>>30766594
Nothing.
>>
>>30767927
>That wood
I don't know if I should be aroused or disgusted
>>
File: dude.jpg (400KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
400KB, 1920x1040px
>>30767909
Ok, champ.
>>
>>30767909
>The idea of a service allowing you to substantially alter your weapon like that is alien to me.
The French military is very different from the US military.
>>
>>30766594
Not much other than some trigger problems and optics mounting
>>
>>30767938
I swear to fuck he makes me so god damn uncomfortable after seeing him in 10 Cloverfield Lane.
>>
>>30766594
>military industry built on principles of mercantilism
>because of that, no licences, so you have to come out with your own solutions to problems already solved
>eventually rifle is ready, and for most part works
>new version of 5.56 comes out
>ignore it
>nobody buys your rifle, because new 5.56 mm becomes standard
>cut down production, because already have more F1 than you know what to do with
>very low production rate elevates unit price
>design version for new 5.56 mm
>decide not mass produce it, because how you gonna explain replacment when you have overstock of pretty much same rifle?
>unit price gets ridiculus, to point where it's way cheaper to get HK 416 or SCAR-L.
>also there rifles are different enough to convince people with hold on money, that they will be significant improvment
>>
>>30767832
Did Ian made a video about the Famas ???
>>
>>30766594
They all got old.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.