[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't people like the cx4?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1741.jpg (1MB, 2723x1355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1741.jpg
1MB, 2723x1355px
So I've seen the beretta cx4 and I don't know why it hasn't sold a lot of units, it has a nice aesthetic in my opinion and 9mm rounds are relatively cheap. So what do you think /k/?
>>
>>30766573

Why would it sell a lot?
It's a niche product (pistol caliber carbines aren't exactly popular for anything but plinking) and looks like something you'd arm Saturday morning cartoon henchmen with.
>>
>>30766573
There's not a lot of demand for a pistol caliber carbine and the price is a turn off.
>>
>>30766573

>shoots pistol ammo
>not a pistol

hokay. Speaking from my own perspective there are lots of guns that I want, but a rifle that shoots 9mm is not one of them.

Home defense? I'd use a handgun in 9mm. Plinking? 9mm is cheap but not as cheap as .22.

That, and if for some bizarre reason I change my mind, there's a certain ugly-as-shit .9mm carbine that we all know of that costs about a third as much.
>>
>>30766573
Price, not that easy to find, people don't understand the fun of shooting a PCC.

Also, the trigger is bad. Not terrible, not good, just bad.

>>30766627
>Saturday morning cartoon
Do you even Battlestar Galactica?
>>
>>30766573

They don't like it because they're Cylons.

Frakkin' toasters, man.
>>
Maybe if it was automatic but a 9mm semi auto is just retarded and the gun itself looks cartoony
>>
price. if it was around $500, it would be doable for a toy.
>>
>>30766946
Don't even try to tell me you couldn't imagine Cobra Troopers running around with OP pic in their hands.
>>
>>30766573
If it wasn't 1500 bucks or more then it might be more popular than it currently is.
But it is.
And that's why the skorpion EVO is gonna kill its market.
>>
>>30767205
Where is it $1500? I paid $700 for mine.
>>
When I can build a 9mm AR for the same price that is just as light, has the same manual of arms as an AR, takes Glock mags, and can accept the nicest trigger I'm willing to pay for if I so desire, there's just no reason to buy a proprietary factory PCC.
>>
They are good guns and serve a decent purpose. I have one in .40 and I love it.
>>
>>30766573

Beretta Guy here:

First and foremost, it's a PCC meant for home defense. It isn't sexy like a pistol, and it's not as multi-function as a rifle or a shotgun. It isn't meant for CC, nor for showing off at the range. It's meant for people who want something controllable when they wake up shitting themselves from the sound of someone busting into their house. So it's a niche gun, but it does that niche very, very well. Plus, it has mag interchangeability with the PX4, so that's always nice if you're a Beretta fan.

So why isn't it more popular?
- Niche gun
- Low supply of new products
- Brief marketing campaign
- Mag issues (PX4 issues)

Bottom line: If your Pop Pop wants a gun to defend the house, and you know he can't really go the shotgun/rifle route, the CX4 is a superior alternative to a pistol. Alternatively, it's a good truck-gun or a training step up from a 22. Your best bet is buying used (~$500-600) in good condition. Be sure to check for mag issues.

Personally, I skipped buying it, as it doesn't fit my current needs in terms of form or function.
>>
>>30766683
>0.9mm
Where can I get this antdozer?
>>
>>30767019
I forgot about these guys. Great name, Cylons
>>
>>30767445
Too expensive for a truck gun.
>>
Not so, OP. People love it. Everyone who shoots one enjoys it.

What they DON'T like is the inflated pricetag.
>>
>>30766573
To expensive and not common
>>
>>30768151

Winner, winner, chikin dinner

The Cx4 is exceptionally nice, but it's got a Ferrari price tag for what should be a Vespa
>>
>>30766573
I bet they'd sell more and it would be more popular if they put the magazine well in front of the grip
>>
>>30767445
The problem is that its intended role is dying, much like SMGs falling out in favor of intermediate caliber SBRs and the like. Anything it can do a rifle or shotgun can really do better, except for the exact niche of it being Beretta control setup and using pistol ammunition.

Both the rifle and the shotgun will put out much more damage potential than a PCC, and a straight up handgun, while I don't recommend it for home defense, is lighter and more versatile, easier to get into action (though that's really just a training issue)

As such, its intended purpose is kinda self defeating. What's even worse is that the price tag is blown up, comparable PCCs go for much less and functionally do the same thing, just not looking as sleek. I honestly equate it to those cars with the fake hoods coops or exhaust kits purpose driven to make your car louder. They're expensive, and despite all the bells and whistles, it's the same performance as the competition.

>>30768151
This guy gets it.
>>
>>30767483
I chuckled, but not at your amazing wit at pointing out a mistake, but at the term antdozer.
>>
>>30768253
>The problem is that its intended role is dying, much like SMGs falling out in favor of intermediate caliber SBRs and the like. Anything it can do a rifle or shotgun can really do better, except for the exact niche of it being Beretta control setup and using pistol ammunition.

I've got to really disagree here. Pistol-caliber carbines seem to be incredibly popular, especially among target shooters. People like to shoot cheap ammo, especially people who put a lot of rounds downrange. And people also really like to be able to use the same ammo in multiple guns, so they only have to stock up on a few calibers.

I know I'm dying to get a carbine levergun in .357 and a carbine semi-auto in 9mm. The Beretta is just overpriced.
>>
>>30768346
>Pistol-caliber carbines seem to be incredibly popular, especially among target shooters.
Stay scientific Jerry.

Lemme drop some history on you though to support my claim. Once upon a time most militaries used a combination of SMGs and full power cartridge rifles. Now most don't. Once upon a time most law enforcement agencies in the US and several in the western world in general used PCCs and SMGs as a form of force escalation. Now most use intermediate caliber SBRs. The role is dying, it's been dying since the 40's.

>I know I'm dying to get a carbine levergun in .357 and a carbine semi-auto in 9mm
Doesn't mean anything besides fallacy fallacy blah blah anecdote. Which doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>30768412
>Stay scientific Jerry.
I have literally cited exactly as many statistics as you have.

We're not talking about SMGs, not are the majority of CX4s (or other pistol-caliber carbines) being used for hunting or for anything else which requires you to have a "high damage potential".

I'm not saying that you're wrong about SMGs being phased out by LEOs, I'm just saying that it's irrelevant, because citizens owning PCCs is an entirely different discussion.
>>
>>30768512
>I have literally cited exactly as many statistics as you have.
You cited nothing at all, are you saying modern armies and law enforcement in the US still favor SMGs and PCCs? If so, you're insane.

It's not a different discussion, because you talked about its intended role, and I talked about its intended role, which is dying. You said yourself, and Beretta lists the intended role as a tactical carbine, that intended use has been phasing out for years.

As just a "hey im a random citizen I wanna buy it" that's their prerogative, and there's no real history to back up your claim.
>>
>>30768544
My point was that you also cited no statistics, dipshit. Do you know what statistics are?

Yes, we both talked about intended roles. But you were talking about LEOs using SMGs the whole time, while this discussion is about citizens using PCCs. Two different conversations. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not going to reply anymore. Have a good life.
>>
>>30768617
>My point was that you also cited no statistics, dipshit. Do you know what statistics are?
Why would I need to cite statistics when history has shown this to be true? I'm not using a statistics fallacy, I'm saying this has happened, and it has.

>But you were talking about LEOs using SMGs the whole time
No I wasn't, I was talking about the intended role. You don't need to be an LEO to use a PCC defensively, but the fact LEOs have dropped em in favor of SBRs for their capability is what I was getting at.

>I'm not going to reply anymore. Have a good life.
I wouldn't reply if I got called out for a claim I couldn't back up either. Mostly because I'm reasonable and would accept I was wrong.
>>
>>30768681
>in favor of SBRs for their capability is what I was getting at.
i think you mean more to do with cost and all the former soldiers familiar with the AR15
>>
>>30766573
Nice Burris
>>
Because it's too expensive for what it is.

Why buy a Beretta space gun when you could get a Sub2k for ~$300 less?
>>
>>30766573
because it looks like a hi point carbine
>>
>>30768774
>sbr
>costs less than pcc or smg
You...wat?

>familiar for former soldiers
Do you have evidence the majority of law enforcement are former soldiers? I don't.
>>
>>30769030
a lot of them (wrongly) decide to become cops after they get out. not most them, but a considerable number of them. On top of that, hand me down ARs and other military equipment are super fucking cheap compared to buying off them shelf. Even brand new, a 500 dollar SBR is going to cost a lot less than an SMG. And on top of it there's less training needed if they're already familiar with AR15s
>>
Bought one in may and here's why. I live in canada. This rifle is non restricted (unlike the AR15 and AK) and because it uses pistol mags, I am permitted 10 rounds not limited to 5. I am not a particularly good shot and was very surprised how accurate it is at 50 meters. It has a longer barrel than the us version. Ammo is cheap. I'm very happy with this weapon. It cost 1250 CDN $. I also own a 870 clone with 12.5 inch barrel and a couple of SKS.
>>
>>30769120
So what you're saying is that LE, which had large switches to rifles and tactical teams due to things like Charles Whitman and the North Hollywood shootout, because they needed a weapon that was familiar to a small number of officers that were former military?

Oh that makes all the sense.
>>
It's less comfortable to hold than the Hi Point.
>>
>>30769154
>ar 15 parts are everywher
>they're also cheap as shit
>DOD is giving us handmedowns for nearly free
>or we can get some overpriced shit that NO ONE is familiar with that won't have any replacement parts readily available
>>
>>30766573
They are cool. Played around with one at an lgs once and it felt decent enough. If I owned 40 guns I would have one. I would probably get a .357 lever action first though. They both would be shits n' giggles type guns not really for practical use.
But I don't have unlimited resources so instead have an ar pistol that does most of the same things a pcc would, just a lot louder.
Maybe someday though.
>>
>>30766573
>Butthole stock
>Plastic
>Pistol caliber

If you want a rifle to sell today you have to make it modular enough for the ARtards to slap 15 pounds of useless "gear" on it.
>>
>>30766573
Because it's ugly. CZ scorpion Evo.
>>
45acp Cx4 master-race reporting in.
>>
>>30769205
I'm not saying it isn't a factor at all, but you're playing up hand me downs a lot first off, and second, the reasons they switched was because they needed weapons that could get through armor and carry lethal energy at longer ranges, hence NH shootout and Whitman.

It's multiple reasons, the most important being effectiveness.
>>
>>30766573
Because sub2000 and hipoint
>>
>>30769503
NY state for damn near every nonsense police and enforcement agency laps up the surplus hand me downs from the army. I can't speak for other states but I know we cleared 10k m16a2 last year so there is some truth to his assessment
>>
>>30771220
That's nice for your state. Again, I said there's truth there too, however it isn't just because of cheap guns, if it was just because of cheap guns they would have never switched to begin with and the market on SMGs would be bigger for LE.

They needed more performance.
>>
>>30771278
Even with an ar 15 how prepared to you think your average LEO is to deal with a charles whitman?
>>
>>30771278
Well for us it was all budget honestly. Performance is great and all but the cost better not dig into the bribe funds. So power really didn't factor in at all. Hopefully other states were less corrupt in how they went about procurement of weapons
>>
>>30771373
Decently actually, the reason Whitman was able to stay up in the tower so long was because the shotguns and handguns the cops had didn't have enough energy to reach out as effectively on the incline. Just having access to rifles is a major step up.

>>30771432
>Well for us it was all budget honestly.
Do you have any tangible proof of this? I'm not saying NYPD isn't corrupt here and there but it's never just black and white, again, if it was price, they'd all use hi-points.
>>
File: CX4 01a.jpg (1MB, 4184x1232px) Image search: [Google]
CX4 01a.jpg
1MB, 4184x1232px
>>30769149

Hey, buddeh, I, too, loves me my non-restricted Cx4, especially the magazine-sharing with my 92A1. This is an older picture, it's got a DeltaPoint on it now.

If you want even more capacity, get you some 40-cal mags. I can fit 13 rounds of 9mm into a 10-round 40-cal mag, and it's totally legit because the mag caps are for the mag's original caliber, not whatever caliber happens to also fit.
>>
>>30767445
>- Mag issues (PX4 issues)
Why the hell would you get one with the PX4 magwell when there aren't even extended PX4 mags available? Get one with the Beretta 92 magwell.
>>
>>30769595
Are you poor?
>>
>>30774305
I did because I already had a PX4.
>>
My 14yo brother has the bb gun version top kek. Looks kinda cool and feels really well in my shoulder. Maybe I should get one
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.