[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult is it to become a good sniper?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (112KB, 948x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 948x960px
How difficult is it to become a good sniper?
>>
>>30766398
Well you need people to shoot at, and I guess to be considered "good" they'd need to be like, trained people that were shooting back at you.

So that pretty much rules you out unless you're up for making some serious lifestyle changes.
>>
>>30766398
Oh its really easy go do it.
>>
as easy as sitting on the super dome and getting over 5000 confirmed kills in a single hour.
>>
>>30766398
Depends on how much of an erection camouflage gives you, and how long you can sit in one exact spot without losing your mind.
>>
>>30766699
I've had no military training, and even from the thumbnail I can tell that pile is suspect. If I were enemy forces I would blast the shit out of that.
>>
>>30766398
You deserve better answers than these, to become a good sniper, you need to have a steady aim, not being distressed by Killing people and last but not least targets.
>>
>>30766398
Are you good at carrying heavy shit long distances in shit terrain?
Are you good at laying still and shiting in your pants?
Are you good at waiting for the goahead?
Are you good at laying in mud and getting bit by bugs while laying still?
>>
>>30766834
Can you identify 1000+ yards away when you are on a patrol with your buddies for hours and are fatigued and distracted by everything around you? Definitely not the same as looking at a thumbnail.
>>
>>30766398

Learned patience. Worse thing for me. Mind you in practice you're at ranges between 400-600 most often and once engaged it's a fiesta, but prepping and training you must learn to take your time.
>>
Learning to shoot isn't the hardest thing in the world. Learning to sit motionless for 72 hours and poop on yourself while watching a building for a particular person without dropping your awareness ever? That takes a special kind of autist
>>
>>30766398

Can you do basic math quickly?
>>
>>30766464
>shooting back at you
Not call of duty buddy, nobody is shooting at a ghillie at 300+ meters
>>
>>30766398
Being a sniper to an outsider (me) is a lot like being a hunter, you have to be able to stalk, make yourself "invisible", have a good shot group at hundreds of meters away, except if you fuck up in hunting, bambi runs away, bambi doesn't shoot you or take you prisoner and rape your dickhole for allah
>>
>>30766398
Hunt snipes, that's all it takes. Go practice.
>>
>>30766699

Makes me think of turkey hunting in a way.

>head to toe camo
>no movement
>wait for long ass time
>shoot something

Certainly not an accurate comparison but there are similarities.
>>
>>30766398
Bout 3/8th difficult 1/8th 2324 2/8th easy and 1/8th bullshit
>>
>>30768462
Yes. I minored in math.
>>
>>30767016
Not me, but perhaps the Officer with binoculars, designated marksman, FLIR, or other snipers on our side can.

If only you knew how hard it is to be a sniper in reality. Fighting Muslim niggers has made that profession seem easy for anyone looking up recent information on the subject. But if you're ever at war with a professional Army, you're fucked and cucked if you make the tiniest mistake.

Even them just knowing your general direction will get you killed, once they're looking your way, and you take a shot, they will most likely spot you, which is why snipers typically fire at most one shot, then leave the area ASAP.

It's not a video game son, you're not going to be shooting from 300 yards undetected, and you're not going to be consistently hitting men at those distances who will be closing in on your position and blasting your location with LMG fire.

Mortars will also start raining down on you. Get off the movies and games kid.
>>
>>30768584
Holy fucking shit. Are you stupid or what? At 300 yards Ghillie or not, if you engage a group of trained men you will give away your general location if you shoot once again after the first shot. Hell, even the first shot might give it away.
>>
File: 6556487767.png (10KB, 451x180px) Image search: [Google]
6556487767.png
10KB, 451x180px
>>30768827
>>30768846
THAT CAP when you do the math...
Thanks /k/
>>
I feel like most of the kids in the recruiter's office that say they want to be a sniper just don't know what a designated marksman is.
>>
>>30771185
Snipers rarely shoot at 300m, that's a job for designated marksmen and i'm pretty sure you don't shoot them while they stare right at you. There's also a thing called a muzzle brake and concealment
>>
>>30766699
God damnit, I fucking hate sniper thr
>>
>>30766398
Do you enjoy having to do algebra in your head? Because you're probably going to be doing a lot of that as a sniper.
>>
>>30768727
Honestly I just drive down country roads, gun them, and throw them in the back of my truck.

I didn't honestly think anyone waited.
>>
>>30771155
What are you even talking about? My response was as how it was retarded to think identifying him in a thumbnail of a closeup doesn't equate to actually doing the real thing.
>>
Sniping is 90% crawling around in your own shit and piss, 5% scouting, 20% math, and 1% shooting.
>>
>>30777367
90+5+20+1=116

Sargent says to give him my 116℅ so I shit and pissed myself.
>>
>>30777672
If you ain't a 116% type of cat, you ain't going to be decent sniper, good requires another 9%
>>
>>30768584
Everybody (and I mean EVERYONE) will be shooting at the sniper who just domed your buddy. Especially in the middle east, catching or killing a sniper is like hitting the jackpot. There's a reason a lot of those sniper have bounties on them.

Now go back to pretending to be an operator on Battlefied 4.
>>
>>30777367
>>30777672
>>30777743
Yup. You miss 135% of the shots you don't take.
>>
>>30766834
Betcha couldn't see him at 400+ meters.
>>
Sniping is 99% bullshit and 1% actually shooting.

Being a sniper sucks dick. The only reason people still want to be snipers is because the "muh scout sniper" and "one shot one kill bro" mentality that gets perpuated through videogames and movies.

If you're serious about sniping, I hope you like sitting in the same position all day, pissing on yourself.
>>
>>30773076
The other 1/8 is piss.
>>
>>30777757
There's a reason so many have bounties: because they don't get caught. Go back to playing CoD if you genuinely think that every sniper will get shot at, you won't see him because of ghillie, muzzle flash is unlikely, ak won't reach that far and as much as you like to think there's scope glare, there isn't. Now go pre-order the new call of duty since that seems to be where you draw your logic from. Noone is going to see you, your muzzle flash or your scope at 500 or more meters
>>
File: git gud.jpg (15KB, 312x390px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
15KB, 312x390px
>>
>>30768442
>poop on yourself
Is this an actual thing?
Are you issued assault diapers?
>>
>>30779275
Do assault diapers come in tactical black?
>>
>>30766699
wtf i hate sniping now
>>
>>30777834
>like to think there's scope glare, there isn't. Now go pre-order the new call of duty since that seems to be where you draw your logic from. Noone is going to see you, your muzzle flash or your scope at 500 or more

I have never understood the Hollywood logic behind scope glare. I mean assuming all glass is created equal my car should be blinding people with its angled glass
>>
>>30768442
Finally.

I knew my World of Warcraft skills would come in handy one day.
>>
>>30779959
There are documented cases of scope glare leading to confirmed kills. When a sniper has been assigned to hunt a sniper and is scanning the terrain along with his spotter for an enemy sniper. No infantry is going to zero in on scope glare from 100m, let alone 500+ ppl.
>>
>>30766398
Simo Hayha said it just takes practice.

And he sniped Russians with iron sights.
>>
>>30780428
He confirmed all of his own kills lol.
>>
>>30780428
>"""sniped"""
>No engagement ever exceeded 400m

Calling someone a sniper makes them sound more badass than "solitary rifleman" I guess.
>>
File: 338T-leftside-quarterfront.jpg (72KB, 1385x523px) Image search: [Google]
338T-leftside-quarterfront.jpg
72KB, 1385x523px
it's very easy, the gun even pulls the trigger for you, so you don't have to feel guilty!
>>
>>30771155

Breaking out the patronizing "sons" and "kids" makes you sound like a tryhard sperg. And from the sound of your arguments, you probably are.

As for why your argument is shit, you're saying shit like "hurr binoculars" without considering the fact that even with optics, it is very, very difficult to discern a piece of "suspect" shrubbery from one that isn't, if you don't know what's there.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.