[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Training with Air Rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1468483991900.jpg (53KB, 524x502px) Image search: [Google]
1468483991900.jpg
53KB, 524x502px
Is shooting an air rifle completely different from shooting a real one? If I train with an air rifle, will I be able to kinda handle a real gun? I live in a commie shithole and want to be prepared. Getting actual guns here is almost impossible.
>>
You can learn sight picture, breathing, trigger press, and body stability with an air rifle, so it's not totally useless if you later pick up a gun.
>>
Nah, it's actually pretty good practice, and inexpensive, provided you get a decent air rifle and not just an airsoft mockup. Focus on trigger discipline, general gun safety, and the mechanics of shooting. Just don't get lazy with it like it's a toy gun, or it's useless for making good habits automatic.
>>
where are you from?
>>
>>30766388
Germany
You gotta have a license for each firearm, a fucking special container, background check (I am a member of organizations considered right-wing radical by the German government), etc. I am considering doing it or just moving.
>>
>>30766454
nen jahr ist schnell rum, die musel können gern kommen :^)
>>
>>30766454
What organizations? As long as it's not something along the lines of actual neo nazis (oldschool society etc) you should be good.
>>
>>30766499
They would be simply considered conservative in any normal country.bSo no neo-nazi shit.
>>
>tfw Swiss
>tfw all the gats

To answer your question though: Yes, a decent air rifle will work just fine as a trainer.
>>
>>30766522
If it's AfD, stop caring about wht the media says, BfV even said that they wont observe them. Other than that, dunno.
>>
>>30766566
So being a member for a political party in opposition to the leftist political establishment is reason to deny you the same right as any other citizen?
That give's you all the right in the world to revolt. Go ahead and train with an air rifle, acquire an antique firearm even, or make a four winds shotgun.

Here are some designs for some very simple and crude homemade firearms: http://gunfreezone.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/improvised-munitions-handbook.pdf
One of these guns were used in the assasination of Jo Cox.
>>
File: P1070162-2.jpg (323KB, 1178x446px) Image search: [Google]
P1070162-2.jpg
323KB, 1178x446px
>>30766271
>Is shooting an air rifle completely different from shooting a real one?
Other than noise levels and recoil, not too different.
The other major difference is that you aren't going to be clanking steel at hundreds of yards. You'll probably get some rimfire targets and put them 20-30 yards away instead of 100.
There's people that can reach out that fair, but it's probably not where you'll be practicing.
>>
>>30766271
Yeah they're ok. They let you play with a full parabola in your back yard without making a ton of noise or lead, assuming you're using steel bbs. Don't expect to kill anything tougher than a frog with a bb though, or squirrel with a pellet. I've killed a squirrel with bbs, but it was pretty savage and I bought a .22 afterwards. Bear in mind though that airguns function differently than real guns and are held differently, so they're a good way to learn a trigger and sight picture, but there will still be lots to learn when you pick up a centerfire. If you can shoot good with an airgun though, you're going to shoot good with a big boy gun.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.