[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vepr Hunter for Innawoods/target shooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: wm_7601040.jpg (14KB, 800x210px) Image search: [Google]
wm_7601040.jpg
14KB, 800x210px
I hear about Vepr rifles every now and then around here, but never the hunter.

I recently made the move to Alaska and have been looking for a decent innawoods rifle (presently have on an old nugget that's a bit of a hassle to lug around), and as such I happen to be sitting on plenty of nugget food. After browsing around a bit for something I could feed with the same round I found the hunter. Does anyone here have experience with it, particularly when subjected to innawoods/winter conditions?

>just get an X
I'm definitely open to suggestions, though I do generally prefer conventional and thumbhole stocks over pistol grips ergonomically and aesthetically. I've been hearing varying reports on what's really needed in terms of caliber in case of bear or moose, but I figure nugget food means I don't have to diversify, and it will definitely be enough. While I don't intend to use the rifle for hunting regularly, defense against wild animals/hunting for food if necessary is the primary concern. Not sure if it matters, honestly; I've been a range queen for a long time and not had to worry about it.
>>
File: image.png (90KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90KB, 320x272px
"Hey guys I want a 10/22"
>lol unreliable
"What if it had an AK action? Those are reliable!"
>lol still .22 weak af
"Well what if it was 7.62 real fuckin NATO?"
>.308 AK 10/22?
>.....
>It's like an AK for fudds! Let's do it!
>>
>>30762329
Seriously though, the .308 Vepr with 20-25rd mags is awesome, the nugget Vepr is also awesome. My grandad has a Vepr Hunter in .308 so I stand by it but if you're sitting on a pile of nugget food, go with that if you want. I've tried the nugget Vepr (not the Hunter) version at a range because a younger guy had one and he let me burn a few mags with it, was a nice shooter and felt great. I prefer pistol-grips myself, but you should only invest in a gun that you know you're gonna be comfortable with and enjoy.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (11KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
11KB, 320x180px
>>30762341
Good info, thanks anon
>>
Vepr are nice guns, they are just getting harder to find
I think a lever action in 45-70 would make a pretty great gun for Alaska
Any 308 semi or 12 gauge pump would work too
>>
Do they import the hunter in 54r to the states?
>>
>>30763130
yes.
>>
>>30762979
45-70 is one of the recommendations I've heard. My instinct was that shit would get up in the lever and I'd wind up with cowboy sticky bolt, but if not I'll definitely consider it. I like lever guns.
>>
>>30762263
I have two Veprs and love them. Excellent rifles and very well made. Both will end up in my great grand children's hands God willing. I am praying someone makes a drum mag that holds at least 30 rounds for the &.62x.54r Vepr cause that 10 round mag get tiresome when just fucking around shooting at cans and shit.
>>30762341
>......but you should only invest in a gun that you know you're gonna be comfortable with and enjoy.
What are you some kind of commie pussy? This is /k/. If you don't own at least three guns you've never shot and a dozen you hate you're in the wrong place.
>>
File: tumblr_lxuvb7HDUN1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg (102KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxuvb7HDUN1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg
102KB, 800x533px
>tfw no Super VEPR
>>
>>30765689
>My instinct was that shit would get up in the lever and I'd wind up with cowboy sticky bolt
The 1895 in particular is very good as a brush gun, and they have big-loop versions so you can stuff your mittened bear paws in the loop and still work the action.
>>
File: 20160721_190757~01.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160721_190757~01.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>30763130
Yeah use gun broker to find one as its a bitch to look. Took me awhile til I used gunbroker.
>>
>>30767822
I wonder if that can has much sound dampening at all. Does make my dick wiggle a little bit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.