[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

School me on the Steyr AUG A3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: aug_m1_grn_scope_fl_r.jpg (31KB, 910x320px) Image search: [Google]
aug_m1_grn_scope_fl_r.jpg
31KB, 910x320px
I've decided to jump into the world of rifles with the AUG A3. Anyone here have one, or any experience with one? Anything I should be aware of? I figured I'd go with the NATO version just for mag compatibility, But should I go short rail, tall rail or scope?
>>
>>30757803
you loose a lot with the NATO stock. factory waffle mags actually are not that expensive. if you go with a factory scope, get the 3.5x version.
>>
File: 2016-07-23 17.17.09.jpg (1MB, 918x1630px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-23 17.17.09.jpg
1MB, 918x1630px
Look here: http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/augusrparts.htm
Before you buy. He can build you one. I wold get the older longer style of rail. Ama.
>>
Austrofag here.
I shoot the StG77 in the Army with the original scope and its shitty . I wouldnt go with the original scope its only 1,5 power and cost about 800€. Thats the reason i bought my a3z with the 417mm barrel and short rail
>>
>>30757843
>you loose a lot with the NATO stock
Explain?
>>
>>30758085
You lose the bolt release.
>>
I would recommend against this purchase
>>
>>30758458
Do you own one? What issue(s) do you think would make it a dealbreaker?
>>
>>30758482
crap ergos
bad aftermarket
bad suppresson
bad accuracy
bad trigger
it's annoying to charge
it can only use steyr mags (or you sacrifice it's other features
short sight radius
crap irons
mags don't drop free
what else guys? oh its 1600 dollars lmfao
>>
>>30758689
>crap ergos
Preference
>bad aftermarket
Small but decent
>bad suppresson
Ratworx suppressor
>bad accuracy
1.5 MOA
>bad trigger
Trigger is fine, can be trained around or modified
>it's annoying to charge
Preference, also a training issue. (First and second fingers palm up)
>it can only use steyr mags (or you sacrifice it's other features
Steyr mags are excellent. Use your AR mags in your AR
>short sight radius
Long rail gives a decent sight radius, which should be backup anyway
>crap irons
On the A1 maybe
>mags don't drop free
Yes they do.
>what else guys? oh its 1600 dollars lmfao

If op wanted 2 high quality ARs I imagine he wouldn't be asking about the AUG.
>>
File: IMG_0443.jpg (620KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0443.jpg
620KB, 3264x2448px
>>30758861
So basically you limit yourself to all this bullshit
but ergos are a preference? lmfao
1.5 moa with GMM oh man such accuracy for 1600 bucks
trigger is dogshit, and your stupid excuse "can be trained around" doesn't mean shit when the gun is 1600 dollars
Maybe that's an old gen with mag drops
the irons are close together and hard to pick up compared to AK and AR sights, do you deny that accuracy isn't effected by the irons being closer together?
>2 high quality ARs
mfw
>>
>>30758951
>1.5 moa with GMM oh man such accuracy for 1600 bucks
That's with most 55 grain. It's a 1:9 twist, 77 grain would be shit through it
>trigger is dogshit, and your stupid excuse "can be trained around" doesn't mean shit when the gun is 1600 dollars
This gun is marketed for a different crowd than the AR, it isn't trying to compete with it. Even if you don't like training around a serviceable trigger you can still easily modify it.
>Maybe that's an old gen with mag drops
So you haven't even operated an A3?
>the irons are close together and hard to pick up compared to AK and AR sights, do you deny that accuracy isn't effected by the irons being closer together?
The maximum sight radius is 10", 5 shorter than an AR or AK, which yes, will affect accuracy. Still serviceable.
>>
>>30759043
>I've decided to jump into the world of rifles with the AUG A3
While I think the AUG is a sweet rifle, and I totally want one (better than the fucking tavor)
I listed reasons why I don't think this is a good first rifle
Is it the worst rifle? Not by any means
Is it better than an AR/AK no
>This gun is marketed for a different crowd than the AR
Yeah, it's for people who want to have a cool looking gun
>>
>>30759106
So what's a better bullpup?
>>
File: Austrian Beauty.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Austrian Beauty.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>30757883
you mean.....THIS SCOPE?

I like it. It's heavy, though.
>>
>>30759934
Honestly keltec ksg. It is cheaper, shoots 308, and with the right ammo can get below .7 moa. It even wins in the cool looking gun department.
>>
>>30760074
>KSG
all your opinions have been discarded.

Let's not mention the ergo deficiencies, but KelTec QC is fucking atrocious. AND I MEAN ATROCIOUS.

>>30757803
To the OP

Get the AUG. That was my first rifle too. You won't regret it.
>>
>>30760126
Not OP, but should I get an AUG, wait for the MDR, or is there another good 5.56 bullpup?
>>
File: RFB_3002.jpg (58KB, 640x270px) Image search: [Google]
RFB_3002.jpg
58KB, 640x270px
>>30759989
The kel tec forums are full of people who have gotten sub moa performance out of their ksg bullpup rifles.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/f91/rfb-range-report-accuracy-questions-253390/
>At 100yards it gets sub-1MOA 3 round group, 5 second or less pauses.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/f91/rfb-accuracy-match-barrel-vs-improving-stock-255011/index2.html
>I've gotten MOA and better consistently with this rifle and the stock barrel (mine is #167). Others were able to replicate this with variations of the same load. With a good barrel/chamber, I'm sure it'll do quite well.

Even with super cheap steel cased ammo it will do pretty well:
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=43&t=298298
>>
>>30759934
Why are you stuck in bull pups? Are you going to be scanning for enemies all day in a jeep?
Ak and ar is the superior platform, ask any country using an AUG why they are switching
>>
>>30760211
Because I've already got an Ar15 and a VEPR anon
>>
>>30760147
funny that you mentioned the MDR, because I have one on order. When will I get it? Unknown.

My suggestion, if you have the funds, is to order an MDR in 7.62 AND get the AUG, because you won't receive the guns at the same time.

I don't like the other 5.56 bullpups on market. If you like them in general, pick up a PS90 and SBR it. They're cheap right now.

>>30760155
sorry, too much confirmation bias. I'm not doubting that particular example, but "full of people" is purely subjective, and KelTec's QC deficiencies are well known and well documented.
>>
>>30760155
>3 round groups

If it isn't 10-shot groups and you aren't counting "fliers," you can fuck right off
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.