[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S&W M&P340

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: mp340.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mp340.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
Strongly considering picking one of these up next week. Can anyone name a lighter, more reliable J-Frame .38? I can't.
>>
I wanted one of those a while ago but couldn't justify the price for what it is.
>>
For concealed carry?
>>
>>30754472
As a cargo pocket backup to my duty weapon.
>>
Yeah its a good bet. I would go for the slim style grips if its a back up gun
>>
>>30754692
What are those?
>>
>>30754356
Hate on me, but I'm getting a Rock Island m206 Spurless to carry for awhile before I drop even more on a J.
>>
File: IMG_0443.jpg (20KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0443.jpg
20KB, 236x213px
>>30754571
>cargo pants
>>
>>30754767
Police duty trousers.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I would suggest ankle carry because
>easy to draw from while seated, especially in a car
> can be concealed with almost any pants
A pistol in your cargo pockets sounds like a good idea but is a huge pain in the ass whith it banging against the side of your knee, especially while running. For a bug ankle carry makes a lot of sense - I suggest a galco ankle carry or if you want to get the best of the best an alessi
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-25-15-31-49.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-25-15-31-49.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why would you get that one when the S&W 442 exists?
>>
>>30754920
1. Carbon Steel Cylinder < Stainless Steel Cylinder
2. M&P is 2oz lighter
>>
>>30755162
You plan on shooting 357 through it?
I just think the price difference is not worth it if it is just a duty backup. You plan on carrying it off duty? Also, 2 Oz is nothing in a snubnose. They are both light and both fucking suck to shoot no mater what load you put through it. 357 on a small 3 finger grip destroys you and is not practical in SD, even with contact shots.

I carry my 442 on my ankle with a DeSantis sheepfur and an LCP in my vest pocket. I can shoot with them but they are both throws because if I ever have to use it I don't want to be out $5-600 of my own money because it has to sit in a locker for 2 years. You can find a used 442 for dirt cheap but if you are dead set on the M&P then have at it. Snubbies are the best backup to a duty gun hands down.
>>
>>30755394
No, I'll be sticking to .38 - I considered it primarily because it could also serve as a smaller, more concealable off-duty carry alternative to my G19. The weight is important to me because I'm obsessed with weight reduction in all of my gear. However, I won't compromise for anything less than a stainless steel barrel for longterm maintenance reasons. I do not plan to shoot this for pleasure.

As far as I can tell, this is the only J-Frame with a U notch sight and a front tritium sight. I know you can buy these aftermarket from Trijicon and fit them to any revolver you like, but ever since I switched over to HD night sights on my G19 I have been in love with the U notch rear/tritium front configuration. I get on target a whole hell of a lot quicker and I (perhaps even ignorantly) believe the hype when they pitch it that a U notch is more naturally effective to get on target quicker with than a square sight.

This is just what works for me. If I'm fooling myself with the difference between U notch and block, please let me know also as I am not always right. This feels right for me, though.
>>
>>30755818

If you like it better or feel it helps you out, then don't worry about justifying the science behind it. Even if its all in your head, placebos work just fine until someone tells you it's a placebo
>>
>>30755818
The M&P 340 was my first gun and I still carry it everywhere, everyday either in the pocket or the super comfy galco v-hawk at about 4:30 on the waist and it dissapears, barely feel anything even while driving. Its quite stout with 357 and will usually get the web of my hand bleeding with a box of hot stuff, although with 38 its rowdy but I can shoot that all day.
On the note of the sight, this gun has an incredible sight. The big white circle just sits so clean in that U, and it lines up when I point like it was made for me, and the glow in the dark sight makes nighttime outdoor shooting not only possible but very fun.
The stock grips are fine for me, conceal great and arent too bad to shoot, got a pair of wood grips though and it looks sex. Shot almost 3K rounds so far and aside from hoster wear its been fantastic over the past year.
also
>no internal lock
>>
File: IMG_20160725_110930246-01.jpg (4MB, 5163x3872px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160725_110930246-01.jpg
4MB, 5163x3872px
>>30756835
pic related
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.