[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help with Mc Cloud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (260KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260KB, 960x720px
A fox killed and are one of my chickens two days ago it was a two year about 15 lbs rooster we thought that will fill it up for the week but the bastard came back and ate a baby chick. I got no guns and a bow but no arrows, I have about twenty dollars to spend on arrows if anyone knows where I can buy some.

I'm not sure what to do all I have to defend our chickens are knives what do /k/

Pic very related
>>
File: image.jpg (373KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
373KB, 960x720px
>>30752745
Here a wider view
>>
Bump for answers
>>
Live traps or borrow someone's.22
>>
>>30753012
I can borrow guns???

And no one will get mad?
>>
Nigga, just buy a .22 rifle. It's a very worthwhile investment even without a pest problem. Does it attack at night?
>>
>>30753034
if someone lends you one only you and him have to know.
>>
What >>30753012 said.

Get some cheap traps (snares or something) and leave them around, keep your chickens locked up while the traps are out. I've had to do this before, just check often because if your neighbors cat gets caught and killed in one you may need to act quickly to not get sued. Or you can borrow someone's .22. That seems the simplest option honestly.
>>
>>30753012
>>30753037
>Hurr muh Twennitoo!

GET A FUCKING 12 GAUGE SHOTGUN.
a decent 12 gauge pump shotgun can be bought for under $200 and can be used kill anything in North America/Europe.
A .22 rifle lacks the power to reliably kill anything bigger than a squirrel, chances are you would only wound a Fox if you shot it, especially shooting at night and with little experience.

A shotgun loaded with 4# birdshot or bigger will put a Fox down clean EVERY TIME ,you can use it for hunting any fowl or game in your area, and blow away any human predators on your farm.
>>
check with your local game warden as their might be a bounty on foxes. bring them the ears and receive $50. maybe.
>>
>>30753037
No broad daylight attacks>>30753113
My neighbor has an AR but I doubt he'll let me borrow it .
>>
Get a chicken from the store, fill gut cavity with hot sauce, fox will try it, taste the hot sauce and never bother your cluckers again
>>
>>30752745
Are you sure that was a fox. They tend to kill more than one at a time.
The MO says raccoon to me. They tend to kill one a night/every few nights.
>>
>>30753113

As much as I favor the .22, this is a reasonable response.

Shotguns are cheap. Good pump actions for $200, or if you absolutely have to save every dollar possible, single-shot versions can be had for $120-150.

They can be loaded with a variety of various types of rounds, making them appropriate for just about anything you could need a farm-gun for.

Also, they're retarded easy to learn to use.

To summarize, a shotgun is a good choice because:
>versatile
>cheap
>uncomplicated to use
>>
>>30753253
This. A fox would not have left much behind except carnage. Could also be a dog because they will kill chickens for fun.
>>
>>30752745
Find the trail it comes to your chickens on, and set up a snare.
>>
The head alone being gone makes me think of an owl attack. We've had issues with great horned fuckers during the winter especially. They can't carry something fully grown of like a yote or fox. Just end up ripping the head and spine out if you don't catch em.
>>
>>30753253
Based on the feather patterns of the first chicken and the recent sighting of a fox in the area that's all i have to go on.

>>30753336
Ugh I don't have the money ATM.

>>30753347
We have a dog but dogs tend to go after multiple chickens and kill as many as possible.

>>30753373
Will do. Ill post pics if we catch it..
>>30753386
This happened during the day and openly ...
>>
>>30753386
Opossum also tend to just eat the head. Then again they also tend to kill as many in the flock as then can because they are assholes.
>>
>>30752745
Dont go in hand to hand combat with a fox
You will kill him no doubt but if he bites you you can get pretty sick
>>
>>30753445
Fox sighting does not mean that it was the culprit. They tend to take a couple and will bury what they don't eat.
I see foxes quite regularly in my area but they are not getting to my birds. I have witnessed my culprit and I can do nothing about it.
>>
>>30753445

Well if you can't afford one, I'd say your neighbor that owns the AR likely has one. If he's the friendly type, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to let you borrow one once you've explained the situation - might even offer to help you out himself.
>>
>>30752745
build a slamfire pipe shotgun
>>
>>30753169
This.

Return and post Fox's/raccoon's/owl's reaction
>>
There's you need lad.
>5lbs FFFF black powder
>tar
>18" steel pipe threaded on both ends
>Pipe caps
>200 36. Muzzle loader bullets
>100 meters cotton twine
>Something very sturdy to hide behind
>>
>>30753482
Just thinking of the horrors my chickens have witnessed is enough for me to kill the fox.
>>30753587
Ill tell him.
>>30753852
Yeah and have the ATF kill my dog? No thanks
>>
>>30753169
>>30753838
Why not just put hot sauce on all the chickens so the fox won't go near them? Birds have absolutely no reaction to Capcaisin, only mammals experience burning or irritation from it.

Capsaicin is the chemical in peppers that makes them "Hot", it works by causing your skin to release the chemical that makes your nerves feel pain and burning. Birds and reptiles nervous systems work differently than mammals and don't have this chemical.
>>
>>30753898
you're right pipebombs are a no go but have you considered making a zip gun? one 12g buckshot will be more than enough to kill a fox desu
>>
>>30753898
I understand. I have a freaking bald eagle picking off my chickens. What can you do against the embodiment of America if it wants your chickens.
>>
File: 1ySI2rb.gif (336KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1ySI2rb.gif
336KB, 200x150px
>>30752745
What state do you live in chickenbro?

I may be close enough i have traps, experience and equipment to deal with foxfags.
>>
>>30753898
build a slam-bang shotgun and add a wooden stock.
Build a small but sturdy cage from wooden scraps etc. place a chicken you dislike in it. Buy a box of No 4 shot. Use a lamp.
Wait for the culprit and don't shred the chicken.
tada 15 bucks top.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.