[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWII Weapon Purchasing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: m2447.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
m2447.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
I plan on buying somekind of WWII Rifle soon. Most likely a K98k or a M24/47 Mauser.

Any of suggestions?
>>
>>30746163
Get a gun, a good gun
>>
>>30746163
What's your budget and what country do you like? Are you looking to just have for your collection or are you hoping for something "useful" as well? If the latter, what use are you hoping for?
>>
A good Enfield won't do you wrong. I'd put that above an M24/47, 2bh
>>
I want something German or Russian. I want it for range time and display purposes
>>
>>30746163
check every part of the rifle for damage, make sure the serial numbers match, and learn what a good bore looks like.
>>
>>30746515
Get a Mosin and a 98k
that way you have both sides, for completeness (and stopping folks from giving you sideways looks).
>>
>>30746515
Get a Mosin first, then a K98.
>>
>>30746568
I've heard really bad things about Mosins
>>
>>30746621
>believing the memes
If it was good enough to make 20 gorillion and beat back the Germans with, it'll serve fine for you. They're honestly solid rifles. Not the most elegant weapon, but between my K98, Yugo Mausers and it, I prefer to shoot the Mosin.
>>
>>30746515
How much does it being "correct" matter to you? If it doesn't matter much/at all a Yugo m48 will serve you just fine. It looks enough like a K98 to fool most people and functionally it's identical (though the action is slightly different).

If it had to be "correct", then you're gonna need to save some money. Russian Captures go for $500+ these days, and non capture guns run over $1000 easily.

For the Russian side a 91/30 can still be had for under $300 easily and will be "correct".

Be forewarned though, ammo for either is no longer "cheap".
>>
>>30746621
I know /k/ hates Mosins, but they really are solid rifles.

Some aren't in the greatest condition, but some have lasted the test of time.

I managed to get an excellent Mosin, and I prefer it over my Yugo Mauser.
>>
>>30746666
>>30746644

Ah, do you possibly know some reliable places online where I could pick one up if I do decide on the Mosin?
>>
>>30746685
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/714008446/HEX+MOSIN+NAGANT+7.62X54R+RATED+%28VERY+GOOD+SHAPE%29

https://www.classicfirearms.com/finnish-m39-mosin-nagant-rifle-762x54r

https://www.classicfirearms.com/finnish-m39-mosin-nagant-rifle-762x54r-sako-mfg

https://www.classicfirearms.com/m91-30-hex-receiver-russian-mosin-nagant-rifle-arsenal-refinished-dragoon

https://www.classicfirearms.com/m91-30-round-receiver-russian-mosin-nagant-rifle
>>
>>30746717
Thanks, my dude
>>
>>30746163
>Any of suggestions?
Actually spend time, more than few seconds browsing the thumbnails on /k/'s catalog, learning how to buy an old rifle, then realize you shouldn't have made this thread.

Also if you think an m24/47 is from WWII you need serious help. It has 1947 right in the name. I'll let you brush up on your history and dates.
>>
>>30746741
be sure to pay extra if you can get a pre-war one.
There's a definite difference between ones made in the 30's and the Oh-Shit-the-Germans-are-Coming examples.
Unless you could be interested in a Finn, which are generally on par with wartime German Mausers.
>>
>>30746770
This.

My Mosin ended up being a 1934 pre-war hex one. Refurbished by Molot, and in fantastic shape.

If you can grab a Hex, or a Finn, do it.
>>
>>30746757
I know that it isn't from WWII, it was put into production after the Gehwer 98 (I believe)
>>
>>30746757
>Also if you think an m24/47 is from WWII
they were refurbed to '47 standards, the rifles were produced from 1924 onwards. Most probably saw war in some form or another.
It's like saying a 98k isn't wartime if it's RC, or a Mosin if it was refurb'd after the war
>>
>>30746621
Go for a finn mosin. If not, than be picky and find a nice russian one. Check everything on it. Make sure the barrel is good. After that get your 98k.

Us bolt guns are nice but getting pricey.
Try to find a nice eddystone enfield before those go thru the roof.

Springfield's already are.
>>
>>30746163
Do you think you could find a WWII rifle in Australia?
>>
>>30746666
>/k/ hates mosins
super satan begone
>>
>>30746839
No but it's like saying you want a cheeseburger from a year before cheese was invented
>>
>>30747231
I don't think you understand
the rifles were made beginning in 1924
they were called M1924s, and handed out to the Yugo army.
After WWII, the Yugos looked at their M1924 rifles and said, "gosh, these are pretty beat up. We should fix them." and they did. They repaired all their rifles. And when they were done, they said, "We should figure out a way to distinguish between the old beat up rifles and the nice, fixed ones." So they called the fixed ones M 24/47s (the 47 denoting the year they started fixing them up), as opposed to the old name, M1924.
Same rifles, just that some were fixed later.

This is similar to Russians taking wartime bolt actions and repainting/refinishing them, and replacing and broken parts. Sure, we call them "refurbs", but they're the same rifle used in the war.
>>
>>30746621
They're beaten by Mausers in almost every way but they certainly aren't bad. They're basically indestructible.
>>
>>30746621
>I've heard really bad things about Mosins
/K/ has a hard on for the Nazis. So they prefer German Guns over everything else. They hate the Mosin-Nagant because it beat the 98k on the Eastern Front.
>>
If you are an American citizen hit up the CMP while you still can. They are for real running out of Garands

I doubt they have anything dated to ww2 still, but you may get lucky.
>>
>>30746621
I really like mine, it shoots 3 in groups at 100. Bolt isnt smooth at all but I enjoy shooting it more than any other gun I have.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.