[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily body armor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (90KB, 450x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 450x371px
Anyone wear body armor daily ?
>>
Did you say daily body armor?
>>
>>30745214
Looking to get my first vest, any recommendations on cheap IIIA soft body armor?
>>
Do they make armored panels for protecting your buttocks? All I see is the genital ones
>>
>>30745214
how fucking paranoid/how much of a shithole do you work in to even consider this?
>>
>>30745229
Bullet safe
>>
>>30745229
95.00 shipped is the best I can find from a recommended brand.

https://catiarmor.3dcartstores.com/mobile/10x12-IIIa-Soft-Armor-Insert-Single_p_106.html

Cheaper stuff on eBay, but questionable performance.
>>
>>30745380
Second Chance armor was created by a pizza delivery man
>>
>>30745244
If you want to carry 50+ extra pounds of dead weight that will serve you no good you should just keep eating excess amounts of mom's spaghetti
>>
>>30745380
Do you carry a concealed weapon because your paranoid ?
>>
File: Ballistic UNDERWEAR-BACK.jpg (3MB, 2625x3338px) Image search: [Google]
Ballistic UNDERWEAR-BACK.jpg
3MB, 2625x3338px
>>30745244
i think is has ass protection
>>
>>30745472
Is this real? That would be pretty neat. You could make leggings and a long sleeve shirt out of this shit. Be 9mm proof (minus the cracked sternum/broken ribs and serious bruises)
>>
>>30745859

it's real. i use only the finest of ballistic underwears to protect my sensitive boipussy

https://armour-wear.com/shop/all/bulletproof-underwear/
>>
>>30745229
>http://www.bulletsafe.com/bullet-proof-vest.html
$300 brand new, they show a lot of testing that makes it look pretty darn good.
>>
File: bulletproof panties.jpg (131KB, 1160x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bulletproof panties.jpg
131KB, 1160x1024px
>>30745472
thank you, this makes my ass feel great just thinking about it. Time to warm up the credit card.
>>
>>30745458
Yes.
>>
>>30745229
SafeGuard Clothing. Starts at around $300. I just ordered a CoolMax Lvl 2 vest for $210.
>>
Just a light IIIA pad in my backpack.
>>
>>30745214

Why would (you)
>>30745229
Say that???
Just get lvl4 steel plate with shoulder guards..

Why waste money on cheap armor that's ineffective against rifles?

Don't you want armor that protects you?
>>
>>30745214

why?
>>
File: condor+ar500.jpg (309KB, 597x609px) Image search: [Google]
condor+ar500.jpg
309KB, 597x609px
>>30747359
>steel
nah
>>
>>30746736
>negates the threat of penile penetration
>the concussive force still pulverizes your testicles
>>
>>30747388
Problem was the fact it was AR 500...

Maybe they should make some titanium armor instead.
>>
>>30747388
cool cartoon bro
>>
>>30746701
Thanks, this looks like a good deal
>>30747310
this does look more comfortable and concealable...
>>30747359
I'm good for now, maybe down the road. I feel like I would be hesitant to actually use it...
>>
>>30747359
Oh I dunno, maybe so he can actually wear the damn stuff in a halfway concealable fashion and comfortably, paired with the fact that most all criminals use easily concealed handguns? Soft armor is shit you can actually wear if you're doing dangerous civilian work involving going into shitholes or dealing with scumbags, nobody wears plates on the regular as a civilian for a reason.

Don't you have some threads related to blacks or Muslims to shit up with your excusing of their criminal behavior instead of this one?
>>
>>30747310
>not mentioning to him that it's refurbished armor

I mean, hey, it probably still works pretty well, I've heard kevlar lasts a good while and all, but if I'm laying down money I think I'll buy new.
>>
>>30745859
it is more to protect your nuts from pebble blasted from an IED than anything else
>>
>>30747745
Is it? Can you show me where it says that because I didn't see anything on their site.
>>
Can somebody redpill me on steel vs ceramic?

What are the best bang for your buck plates?
>>
>>30748922
>steel
Cheaper (but not by much) than most ceramic plates. It's also heavier, doesn't have the same protection rating, and some companies (AR500) have quality control issues because they outsource their steel from people who don't make body armor so they don't care if it can stop a bullet. They will direct bullet fragments into your arms and neck when hit unless coated and even then the coating will be worn off.
>Ceramics
Lighter than steel, will stop AP rounds if rated for it, multi hit capable, they don't crack like people think they do, and they're not that much more expensive than steel plates now a days.

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/ceramic-armor-plate-xray
>>
>>30745214
I have something similar to that holds 4 plates. I wear it everywhere but to work, because i kinda can't do my job with that heavy fuck on. On the heavy side, probably around 50 pounds. Def need to wear something thick over it.
>>
Copfag here,Yes, its sweaty and itchy as fuck.
But the chief wants us to have armor that we wear under our uniforms, because wearing vest carriers is too "militaristic"
>>
>>30747984
Read more closely, it's in most of the product descriptions but they try to make it really non-blatant.
>>
>>30745214
i wear plates outside.. not inside.. i've excepted the ((()))) so i'm coo with it.
>>
>>30745214
>Anyone wear body armor daily ?
Go ask Africa and South America on /int/
>>
>>30749250
I too know this feel...
> Why do you like midnight shift annon?
> Ohh I dunno because it's not hot as balls out while I'm wearing this uniform?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160725-085003.jpg (586KB, 1080x2222px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160725-085003.jpg
586KB, 1080x2222px
>>30749381
I did, there's nothing there. Please point it out then. No where in the reviews I read did it mention being refurbished either.

Pic related is the product description of the vest I have. Or are you just shit posting?
>>
>>30747408
I'd rather have an intact dick than testicles. I don't want little shitheads anyway, that's money I could be putting toward funs.
>>
File: SafeGuard.png (5KB, 482x71px) Image search: [Google]
SafeGuard.png
5KB, 482x71px
>>30752495
There might be something in what he is saying. You really should have called these people before you bought to find out what the status was.
>>
>>30754543
Thank you for the help. I mean it. I emailed them to ask them how their shit is tested and what condition it is refurbished from.

I missed that because when I Google it I get a different link to their home page, and the one in your screen shot is about 5 hits down.
>>
>>30754673
I don't think it makes an operational difference, since DuPont are underwriting the un-shot integrity of the material within the expiry date. I might get one with all the shit going on, their prices are good.

They should be clearer.
>>
File: proofs1.png (575KB, 1613x755px) Image search: [Google]
proofs1.png
575KB, 1613x755px
>>30752495
I told you read closely because they don't make it obvious. Here's an example.

>http://www.safeguardclothing.com/coolmax-ii-bullet-1-stab/
>>
File: proofs2.png (371KB, 1618x768px) Image search: [Google]
proofs2.png
371KB, 1618x768px
>>30755336
Here's an even more clear example. Dunno how a person would miss it here.
>>
>>30749032
>Cheaper (but not by much) than most ceramic plates. It's also heavier, doesn't have the same protection rating, and some companies (AR500) have quality control issues because they outsource their steel from people who don't make body armor so they don't care if it can stop a bullet. They will direct bullet fragments into your arms and neck when hit unless coated and even then the coating will be worn off.

Sans steel being heavier, do you have any sources to back up that information? This is important for me to know.
>>
>>30755336
>>30755358
I assumed the armor carrier and Kevlar panels could be separated so they could be replaced after being shot and the armor carrier itself is worth ~$100. Kind of like plate carriers don't come with ceramic plates integrated into them.

I am inclined to agree with >>30754733 because like he said, DuPont is letting their name be associated with this.
>>
>>30755372
http://www.ar500armor.com/level-3-recall.html
That's like their 3rd one in a year. As far as the spalling, well, shoot steel plates and observe the ground under the target.
>>
>>30755941
>the armor carrier itself is worth ~$100
That's their price, what it's actually worth may not be the same.

>I assumed the armor carrier and Kevlar panels could be separated so they could be replaced after being shot
This is true of every soft body armor. You should have gone to bulletproofme just to read their explanations of stuff, whether or not you bought from them. Best quality armor is very thin compared to cheaper stuff, likewise lightweight (similar to plates).

Meanwhile, LEARN TO READ THE FINE PRINT BUDDY. It'll save your ass one day.
>>
>>30755372
There's a former SOF member writeup regularly linked to /k/ that calls out all the problems with steel and makes the AR500fags froth.
>>
>>30755988
Well fuck that's embarrassing. I guess lesson learned.
>>
>>30755988
your looking at 1000 usd for QC Force factor made from classifed 2014 spectra 3 this is true thin at .1475 inches in balacs cut. .90 lb/sq ft level IIIa .44 mag 1800 fps. SAS makes it and if you have hte cash you can special order it in any cut of carrier you want. As far as thinness goes, that's as good as it gets without going diminishing return darpa bucks.
>>
>>30758372
I know this becuase I have a set from them for my 2010 eagle ciras.
>>
>>30758128
If you've learned your lesson, then good, don't beat yourself up too badly because it's not like you bought a set of AR500 for $1000 or something. Kevlar lasts a surprisingly long amount of time, and given that you're unlikely to actually need to ever wear it (much like the set a buddy of mine has had in his closet for 5 years now for HD/SHTF and never worn), that's more money to spend on ammo.
>>
>>30747408
>>the concussive force still pulverizes your testicles
As edgy as it sounds, you don't really need two testicles. One will do just fine and let you fap, lose your hair and lose your shit over girls.

A sizeable minority of guys are born with one and enough guys lose one through either cancer or accidents that we really know a lot about having one ball.

I know a guy who found a lump on one of his balls, by the time the army let him see a doctor, his ball was the size of a tennis ball and the doctors cut it out. It was cancer, he'd have kept it if they operated as soon as the lump was found. Still has one though, getting by fine.

Lucky he knocked up his wife a few months before the cancer though.

>it was probably roids that gave him the cancer
>>
>>30745380
I use to deliver pizza in Foutain Park over in StL.

It was like working in Iraq.
>>
>>30747359
>Steel
>spalls and kills me
How nice.
>>
>>30758435
Yeah, lesson learned. I do need armor for work though, which is why I bought this vest. Time to spend some more shekels on new armor.
>>
>>30760773
LE? Repo? Security?
>>
>>30760810
Armored cars in a larger city. I got tired of waiting 6+ months for the company to issue me one (after they said the other carrier I had, an STT, wasn't allowed anymore. Too "paramilitary"). So I started shopping around and found that for what I thought was too good of a price.
>>
>>30760853
Yeah if you're wearing it all day every day it's probably best to invest in a good one that's thin and breathes well, possibly with stab/spike proofing if you feel the local threat warrants it (though that often makes them stiffer).

At least you've got something while you wait, 6+ months is utter bullshit to be without.
>>
>>30760915
>6+ months is utter bullshit to be without.
Yup. They do this shit all the time. Most guys have hand-me-downs that don't fit properly for this very reason. I also haven't been in a truck with air conditioning since May. Apparently it's necessary. Yay for non-union shops.
>>
>>30760853
It still seems like you got a good deal imo, I think I'm gonna get some next pay check...
>>
>>30760915
Anyways, thanks for pointing that out. Now I know.
>>30761071
I hope so. The stab protection is important to me and since chainmail doesn't deteriorate it should work. I am more worried about being shanked at the BoA that's next to the main bus terminal than I am about being shot if I'm honest.

I wanted something now. While I've been waiting for armor from work we've had one attempted robbery, and a guy who works for another company shot 3 times and robbed in the last month.
>>
>>30761070
>unnecessary
>>
File: 1469523161332-610327495.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
1469523161332-610327495.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
>>30755941
The panel on the one I got. Looks good to me.

I live in alaska and i got it 4 days from ordering it not that shipping matters in the grand scheme but it was nice.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.