[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 410 effective enough to stop an intruder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (155KB, 644x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 644x500px
Is 410 effective enough to stop an intruder?
>>
>>30744799
its possible
>>
>>30744799
It's going to get their attention, that's for sure.

Me personally, I use my single shot .410 topper to dispatch squirrels.

I've got better guns for home defense.
>>
>>30744799
Hit them in their meaty parts and they will stop moving.
>>
>>30744932
not being a plant, all human parts are meaty
>>
File: 1468422003356.png (48KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468422003356.png
48KB, 480x480px
Yes, and I highly recommend the PDX1 rounds.

>be me
>be 15
>Texas
>dad owns a small farm/ranch
>small community near us, mostly families of those who are ranch bands
>Mexican family sets up shop, we have no problem with them
>hard working folks
>Next year, more of their family moves in on the same land with them
>The next year some others
>Dad gets reports of stolen lawn mowers and whatnot from friends who live out there
>One night our "neighbor" (their house is about 20 acres away from my family's) frantically calls my dad saying he shot some beamer out in his shed
>Beg to go to fulfill bloodlust but dad tells me to stay, grabs his AR
>Get a call 45 minutes later
>"Anon, come over here, son. You need to see this."
>Bicycle over
>see two men standing near a floodlight
>Get closer
>Beaner on the ground, dusty with a small pool of blood
>"So I was out in my garage when I heard my shed doors getting yanked open. Only damn thing I had was this old 410 loaded with a mix of buckshot and them defender rounds for hogs and coyote. Go guess which one he took, hahaha! The wagon should be here soon."
>Go look
>Pretty good size hole, center of mass with several small holes around it.
>I'm in awe, a couple years of CoD1 and Hidden & Dangerous have prepped me for this moment
>Sure enough, the wagon shows up.
>Police ask everyone questions
>muh texas stand your ground laws
>neighbor not charged
>shotgun taken away
>"Anon, if I ever get that shotgun back, it's yours."
>neat.jpg

Later that Mexican family sued the neighbor in civil court and lost. The man who was shot had a long record.

Still never got that shotgun.

But yes, OP. One center of mass hit took that guy down. I don't own a 410 but they aren't bad from what I saw.
>>
>>30744947
exactly
>>
>>30744947
not the hair
>>
>>30744799
honestly, there are better choices. If its all you have and you are familiar with the weapon and can use it effectively in the dark, then the answer is yes.

See, the thing is, everyone can go around and around about what the best weapon is for home intruders, but it will vary by person.

You need a weapon that you are familiar with, can use effectively and wont be fumbling with in the dark.

The best weapon for me is my Beretta 92f. I am very familiar with the weapon, can load/reload it in the dark and wont be fumbling with it in the dark.
>>
>>30744799
Sure it is, it may not be the ideal firearm for home or self defense, but it sure as hell beats nothing.
>>
>>30744956
>Still never got that shotgun.

this is why you use a disposable for home defense. you're not getting it back.
>>
Imagine a .410 saiga with a drum of the pdx shit.
>>
>>30744983
Mine is a glock. I grab gun. Pull trigger. It goes BOOM.
>>
>>30745007
That's not true... you can get it back after the legal proceedings are over with. You just have to make the effort...
>>
File: 1441432653719.jpg (37KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441432653719.jpg
37KB, 640x960px
>>30744983
>An election year.
>not fumbling around in the dark with a 33 year old, thiqq and curvy Beretta.
>not getting good and steamy with your 92f.
It's like you don't want to make America great again, anon.
>>
>>30745039

This.

My neighbor didn't bother going through the hoops over a rusty ass dinged to hell scattergat.
>>
File: TaurusJudge_1.jpg (31KB, 1100x721px) Image search: [Google]
TaurusJudge_1.jpg
31KB, 1100x721px
sure
>>
>>30744947

Not the bones
>>
>>30744983
Well said and know the 92feels. Trying to find good NY options and shotguns keep winning on the budget angle
>>
>>30745007
Hi point because why the fuck not (solution not valid in NY without enough time and trouble negating savings on cheap pistol)
>>
>>30744799
Yes, assuming you have decent shot placement. It is much better out of a decent length barrel rather than something like a judge, though.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.