[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning on joining an elite military unit. I gave myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

I'm planning on joining an elite military unit. I gave myself one year of preparation. What should I focus on?

I'm now commuting between runs, the swimming pool and the gym.

Should I add in interval training? And should I skip the weightlifting and opt for calisthenics and maybe even some BJJ or boxing?
>>
Why join?

Honor? Experience? Suicide?
>>
What elite military unit?
>>
File: banditradio.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
banditradio.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>30741939
Honestly just do a ton of cardio and on the weekends try to do a loaded pack hike. It does depend on the unit you're joining though. Of course weight lifting can never hurt but you want a ton of stamina rather then a ton of strength. Progressive calisthenics would be optimal of weight lifting for this as well. It's up to you though.
>>
File: 1467429557008.jpg (53KB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
1467429557008.jpg
53KB, 232x232px
>>30741939
>>
>>30741985

This. Also, what does this so-called "elite military unit" do?
>>
Focus on how to cheat. The washout rate is so high that making sure you pass selection could only be done with chemical enhancement.
>>
>>30741939
>planning
>elite

not how it works
>>
>>30741985
>>30742095

FFL
They fuck with your head and may treat you like trash
>>
>>30742194
The FFL are not elite, if you had done any research at all you would know this.
>>
>>30742194

Hope you like getting raped by large Slavs.
>>
>>30742194
>FFL
>elite

FFL is cannon fodder.
>>
>>30742194

FFL is mostly infantry, IIRC. Learn your French, run at least 45 miles a week and get ready to get raped by Jamal.
>>
>>30742241

I meant to say 35 miles (5 miles a day as average), but if you can do more, than please do so.
>>
File: Airborne.png (404KB, 2000x3034px) Image search: [Google]
Airborne.png
404KB, 2000x3034px
>>30742166
What the fuck are you saying.

>>30741939
OP, you should probably be able to discern what you should be doing without any help. There are plenty of forums, books and other resources dedicated to getting ready for SOF.

>>30741978
I would do it for the sense of duty, the camaraderie, and the for perspective you would have on life going forward if you managed to survive.
>>
>>30741939
Why are you joining???
>>
>>30742274
My French is proficient. And I'm going for a run almost daily! I think I still need to spike up my push ups and pull ups though, and maybe add in some military style drills with burpees, jump squats, etc

>>30742301
My own military probably won't take me because they are very small and selective. I am probably about to get a criminal record and I feel really down because of this prospect
>>
>They fuck with your head and may treat you like trash

So does my wife.
>>
>>30742478
for
>>30742194
>>
>>30742323

You should be fine then. Enroll in half-marathons to test your endurance.
>>
>>30742515
What about the possible criminal record? It's nothing big really. I just punched a guy in the face that's all
>>
>>30742628
You'll fit right in
>>
>>30742628

Yeah, what >>30742649 said. Honestly, they either won't care or maybe even get a laugh out of it.
>>
>>30742323
Wait... I can join foreign militaries???
>>
File: Youready.jpg (60KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
Youready.jpg
60KB, 500x341px
>>30741939

Cardio, cardio, and what else? MMA, fucking hurr durr Cross Fit, and other interval training is good if you need mass but running is 100x more important than anything.
>>
>>30742728
Please give up your citizenship and join some countries shitty army. You would be doing everyone here a big favor.
>>
>>30742728
The only countries I know of that have foreign legions are France and spain.

I think the u.s. also takes foreign nationals as a path to citizenship though.
>>
>>30741939

But honestly, you can't plan for shit with this thing other than being contracted to have a chance to attend specific schools. As in: Airborne, RIP Contracts, etc.

Getting your scroll and being part of the 75th are completely different, and when you say elite unit it makes me think you haven't done any research on what direction you wanna go in.

LRS is unique, but we're not "elite". Tabbed, sure, but SF or anything with selection that's passing around 60% or less is closer to it, but again, what the hell are you talking about in terms of MOS?
>>
>>30742788
Spain only allows Spaniards and Hispanics in the Spanish Legion.
Some EU countries though may allow you if you're an EU citizen, under the condition that you master the language ofcourse
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.