[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me into CC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (149KB, 720x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149KB, 720x489px
Just bought a Glock brand Glock, pic related.

I really want to get into carrying seriously. What kind of training do you all do? I am planning on getting the +2 mag with the pinky grip, and running gold dots. After some trials at the range I picked up a DeSantis Cozy Partner.

tl;dr help me into seriously CC'ing, especially with drills etc
>>
>>30739580
First things first,
Get a safety for it.
>>
>>30739628
Fuuuck off.

>>30739580
OP, what equipment do you have for it now and what is your firearm/carrying proficiency? What state are you in, and is your job carry friendly? List everything please. I will do a lengthy writeup for you.
>>
>>30739580
Go to a class, the NRA has lists. Seriously.

You can spend a million rounds "learning" or you can learn how to actually learn.
>>
>>30739653

I'm familiar as can be with firearms and handgun wise already have a 19. I have carried before at extraordinary times but never seriously or daily. I am an Indiana resident so we can leave carry guns in our cars if nothing else.
>>
Why the fuck did you buy a 43
The shield and XDS are so much fucking better
stop falling for the glock meme you idiots
>>
>>30739694
>OPINIONS
>>
>>30739725
>43
>less mag capacity
>shit trigger pull
>grip makes it only comfortable for righties
>worse recoil than shield
>more expensive
>not even and option for a safety
>>
>>30739694

I shot both of them and liked the Glock better overall T B H
>>
>>30739741
>damage control time

Ok big guy. Think what you want. :)
>>
>learn

take the thing out, point it at the bad guy, fire rounds until empty

keep an extra magazine with you at all times.
>>
First and foremost to get into carrying, you need proper gear. A decent holster goes a long way, I recommend either a Stealth Gear Onyx IWB, or if you have a tighter budget, an Alien Gear 3.0 Cloak Tuck.
As for a belt, any Hanks belt should help. Considering you're carrying a relatively lightweight subcompact, you shouldn't need a stiffened/reinforced belt. A quality leather belt should help.

There are plenty of decent manufacturers of gear out there, you don't have to go with the ones I mentioned. But your two most important pieces of gear are a good holster, and a good belt. A good belt goes a very long way, you won't believe how much it helps until you have one.
>>
>>30739780
>this
Is a prime example of what not to do.
>>
Glock 30S is better.
>>
>>30739694
I had an XD-S with a 4" barrel and while it was very nice, I traded it for a G43 and have been happy about it, better trigger and very lightweight. The Shield felt poorly machined compared to either of those. The Pierce mag extensions are really nice compared to the ones they made for the XD-S.

>>30739688
Oh cool, then I don't need to do a particularly lengthy writeup, just some bullet points.
>Patterned shirts break up the gun outline superbly--plaid, striped, flannel, Hawaiian
>A second shirt or jacket also can help with this
>IWB is doable given the above even in places that say no guns, especially with a slim single-stack 9 (including college carry on the daily for me)
>test your choice of carry ammo before use--I found out that my XD-S didn't like Gold Dots with 2 FTFs in 27 rounds
>Situational Awareness > Training > Tactics > Equipment
>Carry a bright flashlight too

Will grab some useful youtube training links in a bit.
>>
>>30739793
Funny, that's not 10mm
>>
>>30739785
He has a decent holster didn't you read?

>recommending half kydex half leather garbage
pls
>>
>>30739580

I just practice drawing my gun getting the sights on target from multiple positions. When I feel like I've got that down, I'll add in some backwards or lateral movement. I really don't practice drawing and firing with live ammo at the range too much. I really should start.

Also, find every one of Massad Ayoob's videos and watch them. They're very helpful stuff of anyone carrying a gun.
>>
Google "James Yeager at Tactical Response", watch his videos on concealed carry.

thank me later.
>>
>>30739865
>Also, find every one of Massad Ayoob's videos and watch them. They're very helpful stuff of anyone carrying a gun.
this

>>30739875
NO
>>
>>30739978
What, he actually has some good tips on this particular subject, and he's a great personality.
>>
>>30740213
>James "Ditch Bitch" Yeager
>James "Threaten Internet Hermit, Lose My Carry Permit" Yeager
>James "Fight Me IRL Pussies, Oh Shit YOU? No It Was Funsies" Yeager
>>
>>30739580
Ok I'm not too sure how much firearms experience you have so I'll start from the ground up. This will be a pretty basic overview.

Step 1: Basic Firearms Training
Find a reputable school that gives you in class and on range training on firearms basics. Avoid all the ones that advertise tacticool and mall ninja shit, those will do a lot more bad than good. You want one that covers safety, maintenance, self defense laws, proper shooting techniques, etc.

Step 2: Gear
First and foremost you need 3 things:
Holster: A leather and kydex IWB that has 2 belt clips (one on either side of the firearm) and a suede leather backing (suede body side) will generally be the most comfortable and versatile. Most people prefer a canted holster, generally 15 degrees. Be advised, by the end of your first year carrying you will probably end up with a box of holsters because you will continually figuring out what does and doesn't work for you.
Belt: You want a study leather belt that is 1.25 to 1.75 inches thick and doesn't bend when you clamp down on it with your hand in a C grip (hopefully that makes sense and you can visualize that)
Defensive ammo: Everyone is going to debate this because its a lot of preference but generally you want a low flash, +P hollowpoint that has a proven track record. I carry 147grain +P HSTs both at work and in my personal life.

Step 3: Practicing On Your Own
Now that you have your gear and can handle firearms successfully you have to practice with your gear. This includes the basics (grip, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger pull, blah blah blah), drawing from concealment, speed reloads, tactical reloads, etc.

Cont.
>>
>>30740921
>A leather and kydex IWB that has 2 belt clips (one on either side of the firearm) and a suede leather backing (suede body side) will generally be the most comfortable and versatile.
Not really.
>>
>>30740921
Step 4: Advanced Training
Never in a defensive shooting scenario will your target be stationary and perfectly squared away from you at 7 yards. You should (need) to enroll in advanced training. This should cover dynamic situations such as multiple targets, moving targets, moving while shooting, using cover and concealment, shoot or dont shoot exercises just to name a few. Again make sure that you are going to a reputable school, if they advertise shit like doing somersaults towards your target and then engaging just avoid it like the plague.

Step 5: Force on Force Training
This will really give you an edge and help you be better prepared for a variety of situations you may encounter whether it be on the street, in your home, and potentially active shooter (but generally there is a completely different course for that). These courses generally use simunition (paintball but with real firearms) and have multiple role players and will cover a variety of common scenarios and uncommon ones as well. This gives you an edge because it really ramps up the stress as close to real life as possible. You may be able to hit 3 inch groups all day at the range but when your adrenaline is jacked up and its kill or be killed things will vary drastically if you dont train in that environment. They should also cover important things such as deescalation, weapon retention, after defensive shooting procedures, advanced legal topics, etc.

I'm not covering absolutely everything but this is a good jumping off point. Steps 1-3 are the absolute minimum you should do and Steps 4 and 5 are important but can be expensive so do what fits your budget.

Any other /k/ommandos feel free to chime in if i missed something.
>>
>>30741005
>generally be the most comfortable and versatile

I said generally, as in a jumping off point, not an absolute. Hence the:
>by the end of your first year carrying you will probably end up with a box of holsters because you will continually figuring out what does and doesn't work for you

I know that depending on the day and what im wearing I still use my first IWB which was a Galco Stow n Go.
>>
>>30739580

>Get a quality holster (stealth gear, crossbreed, etc)

>Get a gun belt

>Practice your draw

>Dry fire alot

>Dry fire some more
Also, ignore the retard who says "get a safety". He drank the fudd kool-aid.
>>
>>30739694
The shield is not as good, and the XD sucks.
>>
>>30741166
All this. also, I'd like to add these guys as a great mix of quality and value.
http://www.vedderholsters.com/glock-43-9mm/

I have an appendix rig from them for my G26 and it's been great.
>>
>>30740921
You had me up till gear.

Nothing about maintenance.
>>
>>30741489
I'm writing a post, not a book, so everything isn't in there. Like i said, feel free to add
>>
>>30741434
I agree. S&W sucks..just look at their fucking knives!!!!!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.