[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the appeal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: Senior enlisted ranks.jpg (990KB, 2607x1736px) Image search: [Google]
Senior enlisted ranks.jpg
990KB, 2607x1736px
Seriously, what is the appeal of the senior enlisted ranks (E-7 and above)?

The pension is a laugh.
Their job is literally a male secretary (unless they are SOF)
And everyone single one is some kind of cartoonish stereotype (yokel redneck, hoodrat nigger, manlet mexican, etc).

Why do militaries have senior enlisted ranks when they could be simply gotten rid of?
>>
>advisors
Your platoon sergeant can advise as an E-6 or below
>>
inb4 James G. Burton.
>>
>>30735352
>platoon Sgt is just a secretary
>company 1stSgt is just a secretary

Ask me how I know you're a pogue.
>>
File: he does it for free.jpg (60KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
he does it for free.jpg
60KB, 1024x768px
They mainly exist to encourage enlisted personnel to stick around (for an incredibly small amount of money)

By the end, they end up pic related almost "doing it for free". Large amounts of SNCOs commit suicide afterwards since their skills are mostly worthless.
>>
Some people like the military enough to spend their life in it.
>>
>>30735522
Senior enlisted personnel are barely involved in the functional part of the military. They are involved in military balls, dependent shenanigans and other equally unimportant bs.
>>
>>30735352
>>30735548
It's best not to talk about things you have no understanding of, anon.
>>
SFC and Msgts get to work staff positions too. Just sitting at a desk and being a technical expert. Like being a warrant, but less pay and more bullshit.
>>
>being Enlisted at all
>>
Because sometimes, they're the only people with enough experience to know how things are supposed to work.
>>
>>30735643
Which says alot about your unit if the SNCOs are all you have to hold it together.
>>
>>30735626
>the entire military should be comprised of managers

Do you think any of us actually believe you're a commissioned officer?
>>
The best rank of any branch in any military is United States Marine Corps Gunner. But maybe we aren't including Warrent Officers in this topic?
>>
>>30735352
why does air force look like a ventriloquist doll
>>
>>30735858
who has time to train anymore?

We have 5 power point classes a day on how to not rape, not be racist, not discriminate against LGBTQ, not beat our wives and children, not squander all our money,
>>
>>30735352

SMA Preston just doesn't look happy to be there.
>>
Super grades were a mistake.
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 640x360px
>>30735933
15 years of war taught the officers that this is the most important training.

Who are you to question them, pleb? Do you have a four year degree in the history of feminist labor organizing? No? Then shut the fuck up and be thankful you have enlightened leadership in the officer class.
>>
>>30735899
Yeah, but that's a losers job. The world needs secretaries, doesn't mean I should rush towards the nearest secretary job fair.
>>
>>30735352
Ha. The only one who looks pissed is the Army joe on the far left.
>>
A job is a job. Who the hell cares?
>>
>>30736022
Some jobs are more shit tier than others.

Some dudes are meant to be fluffers.
>>
>>30735352
why is Obama such a disgrace holy shit can't even dress himself properly
by the uniforms, looks like a black tie event
So he's not only got the wrong color tie, but he's also wearing a suit instead of a tuxedo.
embarassing af desu senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 379x503px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 379x503px
>>30735983
>infantryman is like secretary
>>
>>30736157
Donnie knows how to dress and Melania Trump is going to be our first genuine First Lady in a long time.

They are going to put some fear in hearts. Tired of the current feminine touchy feely America.
>>
>>30735352
Is this what americans call a bad bitch
>>
>>30736353
No, just a bitch. SNCO ranks are a bitch rank. Women are better fits for senior enlisted positions.
>>
>>30736369
So if women replace bitches who gone be the bitch
>>
>>30735921
We replaced him with a drone
>>
<(.. <( ) (^) '' ) (>) . . )>
>>
File: Imcumming.jpg (54KB, 335x544px)
Imcumming.jpg
54KB, 335x544px
>>30735982
Unless the names are realesed publicly withhold from the use of is the usma barracks insigna a ludens helmet?????? With a sword to the face
>>
>>30735933
Will never miss that part
>>
>he's a SNCO
>in the enlisted corps
>in a poe dunk conventional unit
>he does it for extremely little pay
>he takes his "job" very seriously
>he does it because it is the only amount of power & control he will ever have in his pathetic life
>he spazzes about random shit he doesn't like because whenever he gets upset he has an asthma attack
>he knows regulations about holiday parties and takes pride in this
>he complains about random soldiers' Facebook posts because a 20-something year old's Facebook is all he has to watch
>he will never have a real job
>he will never fuck that junior enlisted chick he pines over
>he will never move out of his shack
>he will never be at a healthy weight
>he will never know how to cook anything besides a hot pocket
>he will never have a stable marriage
>he will never have stable income due to his alimony/child support payments
>he will never have any friends
>he will always be a SNCO
>literally no one he meets will be impressed
>he does it for extremely little pay
>>
>>30735626
This
>>
>>30735352
Institutional knowledge about systems in highly technical rates, for infantry et all, a senior person who can 'control the rabble" as it were.
>>
>>30735482
Since when is there a 'ue' at the end of pog? Last I understood was it's an acronym and u or e are not included.
>>
>>30739355
People argue about its pronunciation; Pogue or Pawg, so for whatever reason they spell it like it sounds. Usually it's POGs who have this argument.
>>
Poor bait, OP.

I can see why you wouldn't like it since it involves behaving like the most responsible kid in the room.
>>
>>30739464
>E-7s
>responsible

Yes. Good meme, my friend. HOWEVER
>>
They make roughly $8000 a month with base pay and BAH (for 20 years, at <30 they make around ~9K).

They get free housing on top of this, so no mortgage or rent.

They aren't billionaires but "very little pay" is retarded.
>>
>>30739536
>free housing
No they don't, that's what the BAH is for.
If they live on a given base that BAH is given directly to base housing.
Sorry you had to lie, my e-7 friend.

They barely reach middle class after a 20 year period.
>>
>>30739479
I didn't say they have to, just that it's involved sometimes.

I think if people want to complain about NCO's at any level they should read up on Lord of the Flies first, cause it's probably the most accurate book I've read about how the world works. Then compare how things are going to that.
>>
>>30739355
It's not an acronym. It's derived from old navy slang for faggot. A pogue was a a sodomite sailor who got passed around. It's actually a "back-ronym" at this point, as the POG spelling has become more popular, probably because the alliteration of the word lends itself so well.

>>30739395
I have literally never in my life heard anybody say "pawg" when they mean pogue. Generally, marines and sailors spell it pogue, and the army spells it POG. It's because the army picked it up later and invented the backronym definition.
This is the most autistic thing I have ever posted.
>>
>>30735352

>this post
>all of this wrong

Dear lord, please stop.

When I was active as a CMSgt. I traveled around the world, moving bases every 3-6 months to teach new SNCOs how to run and manage Egress shops.

Those SNCOs in turn run and maintain Egress shops, including QC.

If a MSgt. in charge of an Egress shop fucks up, someone could explode when they eject.
>>
>>30736823
What the fuck did you try to say nigger, stop randomly bashing bananas on your keyboard
>>
>>30741633
>Bashing bananas
Kek my sides
>>
>>30735352
They are there to keep combat experience part of the service for as long as possible. Lets take a example of a nation going to war. The war ends in say 1972. The next war or thing close to it happens in 1988. Non of the lower NCOs will have taken part in a war by that time. All of the officers who did take part in the last war are no longer part of combat formations. The senior NCOs are there to give reality checks to the O-1 thru O-3 who will give most of the tactical level commands during said war.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.