[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just went down to my local gun shop. My FFL just told me that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Cover.jpg (257KB, 692x922px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
257KB, 692x922px
Just went down to my local gun shop. My FFL just told me that this last week he had a visit from his ATF agent who told him to put away the AR-Pistols that he had out as there was going to be a ruling published in the coming weeks.

>The Low Down
AR's have never, and can never be handguns if they have a direct impingement system. They hinged this on Eugene Stoner's original design requiring the buffer tube be an integral part of the butt stock. Anything that you put onto the buffer tube is only a cosmetic change, it does nothing to alter the status of the buffer tube as the actual butt stock.

This means that the SB-15 Arm Brace arguments regarding use or misuse of the device are moot.

This means according to my FFL, all Ar-15's are either Rifles or AOWs or SBRs. You can never assemble a direct-impingement AR-15 into a handgun. He said that his conversation did leave open the possibility that piston driven or other upper would meet the legal criteria or a handgun.

The reason this hasn't been more fully talked about or published (according to my FFL) is there is debate on whether or not to have a special amnesty period or simply direct owners to remove the uppers and then register their guns as SBR's via that method.

What do you think? Is my FFL full of shit?
>>
File: 20160509_123844.jpg (1018KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160509_123844.jpg
1018KB, 3264x1836px
I think it's bullshit that something like this comes up and I've never heard it here before. /k/ is pretty good at finding these types of things and this is the first I've heard anything about it.
>>
>>30734488
>Is my FFL full of shit
Yes.
Every single one of them is retarded about at least one thing.
Every one.
>>
File: 1368923856145.jpg (45KB, 323x321px) Image search: [Google]
1368923856145.jpg
45KB, 323x321px
>>30734488
>false flag

smells like bullshit to me
>>
Pretty sure this is a load of bull, but you never know these days.
>>
>>30734488
Your FFL is full of shit.
>>
File: IMG_20160723_201730061.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160723_201730061.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>>30734488
your FFL is swimming in it.
>>
>>30734488
You could argue that any firearm that goes past the back of your hand is a rifle if that were true. Uzi pistols are fine and have been fine for plenty of years. The back of the Uzi pistol is necessary for the operation of the firearm and that fucker sticks out further than some AR buffer tubes. Also, it could be placed up to your shoulder fairly easily. Same shit.
>>
While there's nothing stopping ATF from doing this, your FFL is just full of shit.
>>
What's stopping anyone from using the buffer tube itself as a buttstock?
>>
>>30734679
I think that is what the OP's FFL was trying to communicate. The FFL is once again a faggot.

>>30734670
Is the back of the Uzi an integral part of the buttstock though?
>>
>>30734679
its "illegal" and uncomfortable

however you can use it as a cheek rest which is perfectly fine
>>
>>30734679
federal law
>>
>>30734706
>Is the back of the Uzi an integral part of the buttstock though?
The stock can't attach without it so yes.
>>
>>30734488
Joining the chorus: your FFL is full of you-know-what. I base this from a simple argument of practicality -- what can the BATFE really do at this point? There's probably on the order of a million of these things running around. The toothpaste is out of the tube.
>>
>>30734488
>My FFL just told me that this last week he had a visit from his ATF agent who told him to put away the AR-Pistols that he had out as there was going to be a ruling published in the coming weeks.
like the ATF would take the time to visit every FFL and tell them this
>>
>>30734706
The buttstock mounts to it, so yeah.
>>
>>30734488
Full of shit. They were babbling about this last year.
>>
>>30734730
Couldn't you say the same about a glock backstrap though?
>>
>>30734488
>They hinged this on Eugene Stoner's original design requiring the buffer tube be an integral part of the butt stock.
This sounds like bullshit. a naked buffer tube is completely unusable as a buttstock. And by the same metric, things like Uzis or MP7s or pretty much any other gun with a protrusion on the back should fall under the same category.

It also seems uncharacteristic of lawmakers to legislate ARs specifically (as opposed to modern semi-automatic rifles in general)

It's also insane that an ATF agent would personally go inform people of the change instead of just sending a letter or e-mail.
>>
>>30734735
OP here.

My FFL is undergoing an audit, hence why I had to come in and why I assume the ATF agent told him this.

>>30734749
They were? Do you have a link to it.

>>30734706
That is correct.

>>30734639
You are right.

>>30734642
I figured. He has some discrepancies related to antique firearms and I had to bring in a percussion cap revolver to check against his bound book so that the ATF wouldn't rape him.
>>
>only ar-15 pistol is a 9mm blow back
zero fucks given then.
>>
File: tmp_19416-wm_1891723-1089088258.jpg (498KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19416-wm_1891723-1089088258.jpg
498KB, 2272x1704px
>>30734774
Every other blowback subgun style pistol would be fucked, G/cetme patterns, possibly FALs probably some other shit. It's dumb as fuck. Well time to go design a bullpup pistol with no stock.

"No agent, that's not shoulder rest, it's the magazine well"
>>
>>30734793
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/06/foghorn/is-the-atf-really-trying-to-classify-ar-pistols-as-nfa-items/
http://www.tacticalshit.com/atf-to-reclassify-high-power-pistols-as-nfa-items/
https://blog.princelaw.com/2015/01/01/ringing-in-the-new-year-atf-style/
Tell your ffl he is a retard and should start selling his ammo at a reasonable price.
>>
>>30734488

Can confirm OP's story, the ATF will make a ruling regarding this VERY soon and AR pistols will be "outlawed."
>>
Am FFL.

Communicate with the ATF on the Regular.

Everything your FFL said is retarded bullshit.
>>
>>30734488
Sounds like your FFL is dumping money into AR's and wants them to sell at panic rates, not the AR and AK pistols he bought for consumer interest that he can't mark up as happenings happen two or three times a week.
>>
>>30736368
kys
>>
>>30737706
This is it exactly. Fearmongering to move product. It's no different from the fudd at the gun show saying, "Git um now afore Obammy banz um!"
>>
Thanks for warning us OP.
>>
>>30734488
Smells like bullshit
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.