[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mosin Nagant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Mosin-Nagant-Stock.jpg (379KB, 3545x1144px) Image search: [Google]
Mosin-Nagant-Stock.jpg
379KB, 3545x1144px
I'm thinking about buying an inexpensive post WWII Mosin Nagant and tricking it out. Thoughts?
>>
There are far better guns to do this with.
Nagants were only worthwhile due to their price, and even that is going away.
>>
>>30734133
My thought is you're using /k/ to justify some cognitive dissonance in your purchase.

If you don't have the money, don't spend it.

If you want a better rifle, save up for it.

If you want a project gun, look up accurizing a mosin, repaint the wood black, and make the brass shiny and chrome, then post results.
>>
>>30734133
Mosin are not that cheap anymore, I suggest buying a SKS instead.
>>
>>30734133
save your money and buy something better, the nugget used to be a nice cheap gun but now they're basically a meme.

The previously seemingly inexhaustible supply of them have dried up thanks to hostile US-Russia relations and the cheap surplus ammo has gone the way of the dodo as well.

This wouldn't be such a dealbreaker if the guns weren't mediocre at best. They were great when they were as cheap as free, they are no longer so.

If you want a foreign rifle that has massive KABOOM and is cheap as dirt go find a Steyr 95
>>
>>30734133
it's a trash weapon handed out to cossacks as an alternative to pointy sticks
>>
>>30734133
Not even the most beat to shit moist nugget to survive WWII deserves you "tricking it out".

Get a Hi Point rifle. Luckily the only cost about the same as a moist nugget now.
>>
>>30734133
RIFLE IS FINE
>>
>>30734133
>tricking it out
nyet.
>>
>>30734284

The Steyr 95 is the same price as the mosin, and ammo is at or over 1 dollar per round. Why would you recommend that?
>>
>>30734133
Depends on what you're doing to "trick it out."

>>30734149
>Nagants were only worthwhile due to their price
>>30734284
>This wouldn't be such a dealbreaker if the guns weren't mediocre at best
>>30734310
>it's a trash weapon handed out to cossacks as an alternative to pointy sticks
I accurized mine and I sometimes shoot it across a couple of corn fields at hogs. I think most of these kinds of responses are in direct response to the meme bullshit surrounding the rifle, it's not particularly outstanding but it chambers a full-sized cartridge and shoots reasonably well. Unless you're the type of person who is somehow more retarded than an early 20th-century Russian peasant, and if that's the case you really shouldn't touch it to begin with.

If anything it's as basic of a rifle as you can get.
>>
File: 1467510578406.jpg (149KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
1467510578406.jpg
149KB, 900x636px
>>30734133
>tricking it out

Mosin is perfect for you to kill yourself. A
>>
File: 1464828423298.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464828423298.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>30734133

If you find one in good condition with all matching serial numbers, I recommend not doing anything at all to it unless you already have one like that. Nuggets are getting more rare and decent ones are costing more and more every day.

If you find a cheap shitty one with non-matching parts and wood in bad condition, sporterize the shit out of it and have fun.

Ultimately it's up to you. If you've got the money, no real reason not to do it.
>>
File: 1467345346083.jpg (34KB, 385x368px) Image search: [Google]
1467345346083.jpg
34KB, 385x368px
>>30734133
>tricking out a Mosin
>>
File: rhineland.jpg (289KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
rhineland.jpg
289KB, 720x540px
Only acceptable modification.

Either this, the version currently in use by the Finns, or stock. It's not worth tricking out.
>>
>>30734133
Mosin nagant is objectively the worst bold action rifle a person can buy.

If you want to 'trick something out' get a Savage or Remington. If you are cheap go .308. If you are serious go .338
>>
>>30734954
which stock is this?
>>
>>30734133
Step 1: you don't
>>
>>30734133
DO NOT BUBBA THE MOIST NUGGET.
>>
>>30734133
If you want a rifle to tinker with that has a lot of after market accessories available Moist Nugget is not a terrible option. I mean it's not great since they are going up in price but it's not the worst. I don't even care if you bubba some old rifle unless it has a cool provenance which very few mosins do have.

Personally I think that if you want to tacticool an old rifle, SKS is a much better option. I am thinking about dropping $1500 into one myself just for shits and giggles.

That being said if by tricking it out you mean putting it in a plastic stock and sticking a cheap scope on it you are much better off just getting a Savage Axis.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.