[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best martial art for street fight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 20

File: 1469317186552.jpg (446KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1469317186552.jpg
446KB, 1536x2048px
Is it worth learning a standup style such as boxing since 99% of fights end up on the ground? I don't have enough money to take both standup and ground classes at my local MMA gym.
>>
>>30732898
Judo
>>
>>30732898

100 meter dash.
>>
You want to avoid going to the ground in a street fight.

If you go to the ground somebody's friend is gonna kick you in the back of the head.

Learn to stay on your feet, knock the other guy down, and move.

t. former bouncer
>>
>>30732898
Judo.
>>
File: 1133245709433.jpg (32KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1133245709433.jpg
32KB, 352x240px
>>30732898
>inflatable deer head
>Mariners poster
>Drumpf hat
>>
>>30732898

Really though, this is more of an /asp/ thing. They love to answer this stupid question.
>>
>>30732898
100% of fights start standing and most people you'll encounter in a "street fight" are going to be throwing punches so it's good to know the best way of dealing with them.

>>30732928
Going to the ground isn't always your choice especially if you don't know how to grapple. More to the point if you get taken down and don't know how to retake dominant position your going to get fucked up. If you do know how to take dominant position you can fuck then up then be up quickly to engage anyone else.

Also
https://youtu.be/tpgg7mwxoLU

Get fucked
>>
>>30732898
>Is it worth learning a standup style such as boxing
Yes.
>since 99% of fights end up on the ground?
They don't.
>I don't have enough money to take both standup and ground classes at my local MMA gym.
Take one for about 6mos. then take another.

Have been boxing and doing PKBs for 3 years, do wrestling and BJJ from time to time, 3 boxing fights, maybe my first MMA fight in a year. Can answer from that background if you want to know anything.
>>
S Y S T E M A
Y
S
T
E
M
A
>>
>>30733040
You're right about being able to deal with being brought to ground.

But OP said he can't take both classes. I'd rather know how to strike and run than catch a boot to the back of the head cause I only know how to wrestle.
>>
>>30732898
Meh... 6/10

Anyway you're better off buying a gun to protect yourself.
>>
>>30733040
>More to the point if you get taken down and don't know how to retake dominant position your going to get fucked up.
Or the guy on top of you is going to get his head kicked in by your friend. Unless you know with absolute certainty that your opponent is alone, going to ground is very dangerous.
>>
>>30732898
Why do I feel like this is a hidden trap
>>
>>30733059
Russian version of aikido mysticism nonsense. If you want to learn a real Russian martial art learn sambo.
>>
File: 1469317223939.jpg (748KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1469317223939.jpg
748KB, 1536x2048px
>>30732928
Should I focus on learning karate then?

>>30733092
It's not a trap.
>>
File: average british beauty.jpg (83KB, 616x558px) Image search: [Google]
average british beauty.jpg
83KB, 616x558px
>>30733059
SPETZNAS krav maga
>>
>>30732898
Judo, Jujitsu, Boxing

>>30732928
This, a thousand times this.

Know that if you choose either Judo or Jujitsu there is a lot of opportunity for cross training. Most clubs welcome eachothers students, and its always useful practicing with the other because the emphasize standing and groundwork differently.

You can't really go wrong with either and you'll always have a place to train.

And not to put down boxing, do it on the side if you can, but it doesn't take the nearly the same amount of training time to become competent at striking compared to grappling.
>>
>>30733326
Kek saved, thanks anon.
>>
gun-fu, way of the 4:00 holster
>>
gun
>>
>>30733280
where might anon find more of this fine specimen?
>>
>>30732898
100 meter dash. If not, the training will help with the fast twitch you need. Then just take whatever art you want. Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Judo, Wrestling, Jiu-Jitsu, whatever style or kung fu you want. Jist build a body that can exploit your strengths. Then train and apply yourself instead of being a shitter on 4chan.
>>
>>30733088
So your strategy for defending yourself on the ground is to pray you have another person standing by to save you? Sounds real smart.
>>
>>30732997
you dont belong here
>>
>>30733280
Learn a striking art and learn a grappling art to be a well rounded striker.

If you can only do one, do whatever you're interested in most. That way you'll be consistent in your training.
>>
>>30733499
I said no such thing. Learn to fucking read.
>>
>>30733418
apparently one of many women who tried to whore for attention under some trump twitter hashtag.
>>
>>30732898
why learn all that shit when you could just shoot the niggers
>>
>>30732927
I like this idea.

Know how to fight but also know when to take flight.
>>
>>30733614
>quotes me saying "if you get taken down"
>responds wirh "HURR DURR my friend will just kick him, ground fighting is too dangerous

Sure you didnt
>>
>>30733698
A strategy is a plan of action intended to accomplish a specific goal. I proposed no such plan. Learn to fucking read.
>>
File: 1468268419060.jpg (237KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468268419060.jpg
237KB, 900x1200px
>>30733614
>>30733698
I think that if I learn boxing for 6 months and then akido I'll have my bases covered
>>
>>30732927
If you're not cornered, this is 100% the best strategy, but what if you have no choice but to engage?
>>
File: 1469233316421.jpg (56KB, 626x650px) Image search: [Google]
1469233316421.jpg
56KB, 626x650px
>>30732927
>>30733454
>>30733858
Running is for Cowards.
>>
>>30733848
Jesus, be a little more pedantic you autist. It's ok of you don't know what you're talking about. You can just say that.
>>
>>30733851
Fuc, what a sexy ass
>>
>>30733851
6 months is never enough to learn or digest a martial art.

But honestly at the end of the day, a martial art is only as good as the practitioner and the teacher. BJJ might be one of the best 1v1 martial art, but if your teacher is shit, you will be shit
>>
>>30733987
Or you can stop making up strawmen when someone pokes a hole in your argument. You could just do that.
>>
>>30733851
Anytime spent training aikido will be time wasted, although you'd probably figure that out on your own once you start boxing.

For any martial art, including those with a grappling focus, you should only be training an art that spars, competes, or otherwise pressure tests what their students have learned on a regular basis.

For grappling I'd reccomend judo or bjj since those are most common. However, sambo or other forms of submission wrestling are also acceptable.
>>
>>30732927
This

Don't get into a fistfight unless you know for sure it's just this one guy that you think you can take and he's unarmed. All it takes for you to die is one of his buddies hitting you over the back of the head.
>>
>>30732898
A fag like you is never going to "pass my guard" and "ground game" or "fag hug" me, and you'll just end up eating punches until you're out on your feet, then die from an unprotected fall.

The best thing a bitch like you can do around a man like me is just practice avoidance, then submission when avoidance is impossible.
>>
>>30734083

I will throw in try to control anger. We all get pissed off and wanna deck somebody in verbal exchanges but don't escalate FUCK YOU NO FUCK YOU.

I got in a lot less fights when I stopped being a major part of the problem. It is also where you go and what you do. If you are going to parties where there will be a lot strangers, clubs, bars whatever you are more likely to get into some type of nonsense.
>>
>>30734027
The hole being? You quoted me saying that if you get in a bad position you should know how to get out. You responded with "a friend will save me, ground fighting is to dangerous." And now want to play pedantic word games because I called you a retard.

Give it a rest.
>>
>>30734114
>pssh, nothing personal kid.
>>
>>30732898
Well my FAP folder just got bigger.
>>
>>30732997
>>
>>30732898
i want that deer head
>>
File: tfw no high test asian gf.jpg (115KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no high test asian gf.jpg
115KB, 600x1067px
>>30734127
you think you'll always have a friend with you?
>>
>>30734127
Your argument:
>if you get taken down and don't know how to retake dominant position your going to get fucked up.

The hole poked in your argument:
>Or the guy on top of you is going to get his head kicked in by your friend.
There's a very real chance that your skill on the ground won't matter even if you do get taken down. You could get your head stomped despite being an absolute beast on the ground or your opponent could have his head kicked in by your mate even though you have no idea what you're doing. In a fight with more than two combatants, a fight that goes to the ground will likely be decided by the people standing up, not the people on the ground.
>>
File: 1432133608417.jpg (115KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1432133608417.jpg
115KB, 600x800px
>>30734459
ever roll with a bjj master? in a flash you're in a lock. shit happens so fast no one can react
>>
>>30732898
Lord almighty. What was the question?
>>
>>30734459

Yeah or a pissed off buddy with a maglite, hammer, madball, knife etc.

Going to the ground in the streets can work, it can also go horribly if you are fighting with street cats who have no problem with risking jail time to kill you.
>>
>High test thread on my /k/?
Its more likely than may you think.
>>
>>30733092
would fuck either way
>>
>>30734482
Ever kicked a football? It's faster.
>>
>>30734459
So again, your plan is to hope that someone saves you if you get in oked down and pinned instead of retaking a dominant position?

Glad we cleared that up. Go lick some more windows.
>>
>>30734629
*knocked down
>>
Bjj or boxing both are the best and a fight won't end on the ground if you end it on your feet
>>
>>30734629

No he is saying that taking someone to the ground in the streets can end up with whatever shock and horror other potential attackers feel like inflicting unless you have a security detail that drops them in the interim.
>>
>>30733517
>>30734180
Spoken like true inbreds.
>>
>>30734704
Read his original post, and my quote in it

>>30733088
>>if you get taken down and don't know how to retake dominant position, you're going to get fucked up

That's what he's responding to. His "my friend will kick him plan" is his go to defense against getting taken down.
>>
>>30732898
Learn basics, learn stick techniques for offense and defense, practice on your own. Practice like it's your religion. For hundreds of years martial artists have practiced solo.
>>
>>30734739

I'm drunk link it.
>>
>>30734764
I already did...

>>30733088
It was this one
>>
>>30734405
*psst* hey anon, you wouldn't happen to have the rest of that set, would ya?
I needs it for purposes most acidemical, I swear.
>>
>>30734759
Don't listen to this retard. You need a coach to correct your mistakes. Also stick fighting is almost completely fucking useless unless you carry a a cane
>>
What does a girls butthole taste like?
>>
>>30734829

Ok. I am not sure what I am arguing about.

Let me put it this way. Knowing BJJ and wrestling is a great thing. Working out is a great thing. Boxing is a great thing.

But if you go to the ground in front of a projects or in a club or bar or anywhere that isn't you and one other dude for miles you can have real problems.

GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY NIGGA! SMASH STAB KICK GET THE FUCK OFF OF HIM I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU ROCK BOTTLE SMASHED OFF HEAD.

Are we agreeing? I mean rolling in a gym or meeting after school at the tree with one dude and fighting in the streets with a stranger is two totally different things.

How many street fights are one dude and another dude?
>>
>>30734843
>I have still not found out what the knob is for
>>
Why is hand-to-hand combat often called "martial arts" in English?

Martial means war, which makes sense, but war has evolved much farther than using sharp or blunt weapons, let alone fists.

Think about it: gorilla warfare has been around for the past hundred of years or more. Gorilla warfare may have hand-to-hand combat incorporated into it, but usually it involves using guns in hit and run tactics nowadays.

The Native Americans of long ago are great examples of gorilla fighters. It took an extra century practically to kill them off, even with, initially at least, superior weapons. At the battle of Little Big Horn, Custer and his men were slaughtered because the Native Americans had, not only numbers, but better rifles too. That's kind of on a tangent though because that really wasn't gorilla warfare in my opinion.

Gorilla fighters even exist today in Africa. They can be found throughout Africa on raids destroying villages, raping women, and killing children. Often times, it is hard to find footage of these gorilla fighters because they are so sly. They have been portrayed in media though. Here is an example from memories of a survivor of a gorilla attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQ34YsPGW8

Anyways, back on the main topic, I think that the phrase "martial arts" is misused because gorilla fighters who use ranged weapons exist today. The armies that do exist today do not, in large part use, Muay Thai fighters who use elbows and fists, not the legions of Rome (they were in large part successful because they had each soldier carry multiple pilum into battle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilum) who mostly used shield and gladius, nor the masterfully crafted katana of the samurai which, like many of their noodles, have been folded thousands of times.

TL;DR: If you hear someone speak of "martial arts" so highly when they are specifically speaking about hand-to-hand combat please remind them of the things in this post.
>>
>>30734945
it's a vickers? now gtfo.
>>
>>30734405
>tfw no qt mama-san
>>
>>30734959
I meant to type a comma not a questionmark.
>>
>>30732898

MMA fights end up on the ground.

If you end up taking an assailant to the ground his buddies are going to stomp you to death. Look up any fight on YouTube or Worldstar or go over to /b/ and look for "rekt" threads. 10/10 times if the fight goes to ground and the person on the ground has a buddy the grappler is getting his ass handed to him. Drop kicks, getting a board broken on his head.

Conversely the fights where one guy kicks ass wholesale, taking on multiple fighters at once, he's boxing or kick boxing.

Personally I would go for boxing as you don't need to keep any sort of leg flexibility. I took a lot of taekwondo at a younger age, used to be able to kick a can off a dummy's head. Now I can't, at all.

Learn how to box, then figure out how to deliver a leg kick if you need to. If you go to the ground your ass is going to get stomped until you are brain dead and shitting in a bag for the rest of your life. The point of self defense is to neutralize the threat, being on your feet and able to run is a great asset in that goal.
>>
>>30734898
All I was saying is that going to the ground is not always your choice so choosing to neglect ground fighting training under the presumption that your friend will save you is a foolish idea to have in your head.
>>
1. Don't live in a communist state
2. Don't be a nigger and avoid fist fights, use your words
3. If a situation escalates, call the police
4. Try to de-escalate situation
5. If everything goes wrong, pull CCW and blast that motherfucker to hell
6. Hire jew lawyer

Self defense, /k/ style
>>
>>30735005

Oh ok. No that is reasonable. I think people should know wrestling and BJJ.

If I really had any advice it would be stay out of gangs, don't be the guy who gets his respect on the street or his small town from fighting and try to walk away if possible. That doesn't mean turn your back on robbers or whatever. Just don't be the FUCK YOU TOO dude. There is no need to be that guy. AT the end of the day he probably sits in his tub drunk with blood everywhere going "what the fuck..this sucks I don't like getting hurt and hurting people"
>>
>>30734985
If there are multiple assailants who all want to kick your ass, you can just pull your gun and shoot them, because they WILL beat you into a coma or to death
>>
File: spann.gif (30KB, 251x330px) Image search: [Google]
spann.gif
30KB, 251x330px
>>30735081

No guarantee they won't anyway without a squad behind you. And that is NOT an anti CCW post.

RIP JOHNNY
>>
Random LEO brawl post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLMuxqKkGw
>>
I know of a Muay Thai gym near me that allows you to take BJJ classes there also
>>
>>30735160

One on one Muay Thai guys are fucking brutal.

I had a paleface friend that went over to their camps or whatever for years and he was skinny as a rail but could move. Good dude.
>>
>>30734985
https://youtu.be/tpgg7mwxoLU
https://youtu.be/2dcUF-O96iI

For the record even if you're striking if you're fighting more than one opponent at once you will most likely get fucked up unless your really really good.
>>
>>30734405
>dat VPL
>>
>>30733326
>poor people: the image
>>
>>30735545
Patrician taste.
>>
>>30733326

pro tip : you can't train with krav maga because every attack is lethal
>>
>>30734957
>Gorilla warfare.
Really?

Guerilla.
Seriously.
Guerilla warfare.
>>
Boxing with a little bit of jiu jitsu and judo. They're all fun to practice.
>>
What's best to combine with kung fu ?

I've learned a lot of kicks and punches techniques, but nothing to use against an enemy too close for kicks and punches
>>
>>30732898
Gun Fu and Pipe Bomb Do are usually fairly effective.
>>
File: h4mdGgJ.jpg (73KB, 705x644px) Image search: [Google]
h4mdGgJ.jpg
73KB, 705x644px
That Cameltoe made My Cock Straight Again!
>>
Krav Maga

there ait no honor in eye gouging, but you'll win.
>>
>>30737792
what style? do you know practical kung fu or formal kung fu?
>>
Got dam, I'm going to have a fucking heart attack.
>>
Ex sgt at arms for a Hammerskins chapter here.

Dont hesitate, strike hard and fast, martial arts are bullshit outside of competition.
>>
File: 1228923658921.jpg (59KB, 700x456px) Image search: [Google]
1228923658921.jpg
59KB, 700x456px
>>30738010
Well if you're good and calm they can be an advantage, but you're right in general.

Clear-headed aggression, willingness and escalating before the enemy does will win a majority of brawls.

There's a great quote in True Grit, I think it made it into the recent movie, that's pretty much true "You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." Strip away the dramatics and it's a pearl of wisdom.
>>
>>30737986
>the hillary donut
ewwwww
>>
>>30734075
I know several of you don't believe in the power of Aikido. I can see why you believe that, how can a peaceful martial arts like Aikido beat a powerful one like Karate

Well, I have a story to share with you.

Years ago, I was a karateka, I thought I was the toughest kid in high school, I would pick fights, and kick ass. I was full of hate, until I picked a fight with the wrong dude. He was a Japanese exchange student, I still remember his name, Noboru Takeda.

I picked on him because of his hilarious and thick Japanese accent. I told him I was going to beat him so hard, he would go back to China(Yeah, I was a little racist prick.), he never said anything back, made me wanted to kick his ass even harder.

Well, here comes the fight. I threw several punches, he dodged them like I was a mere white belt. I was tiring out and he knew, I saw the smirk on his face that made me raged hard. I put all my strength in one amazing punch, and he grabbed it and threw me over. My back smacked on the hard cement ground, and I was knocked out for who knows how long.

When I woke up I was in the school infirmary, I asked the nurse who brought me here, and you guessed it, Noboru Takeda. The next day, he wasn't at school, he was back in Japan, and I never got to thank him, for saving my life and showing me the light. I soon learned that he was an Aikidoka and have been practicing Aikido ever since to show my thanks to him.
>>
>>30738135

You are a very unusual man, Mr Segal.
>>
>>30738010

Really? I dunno, I've beat the fuck out of a lot of dudes using Brazilian Jujitsu.
>>
>>30732898
Glock Fu.
>>
>>30737748
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>30738594
>The Jon Wu
>>
You know what's funny?

I can snap and kill every mother fucker on this board if we met IRL.

Seriously, think about it. I'd have your windpipe crushed, your nose flattened, your teeth shattered, your fingers broken, and your eyes gouged out before you would even know what's happening.

You guys talking big shit. Watch yourselves.
>>
File: 1468836809884.png (421KB, 932x689px) Image search: [Google]
1468836809884.png
421KB, 932x689px
>>30732898
>Is it worth learning a standup style such as boxing since 99% of fights end up on the ground?

The only reason why fights conclude on the ground is because both of the belligerents don't even know how to fight.
>>
>>30734629
So again, nothing has been said about any such plan. Keep strawmaning.
>>
>>30738784
Wew lad, you sure Sound dangerous. I bet you drown in money and pussy as well? God, im envious...
>>
File: ITG_tier.jpg (91KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
ITG_tier.jpg
91KB, 407x405px
>>30738784
>>
>>30738784
Go back to bed with mommy you soothe sleeping piece of shit made with a foundation of piss and vinegar
>>
>>30738784
Yeah.
Bullshit.
Back to your cartoons.
>>
Do a lot of stretching.
Do a lot of running and bodyweight exercises.
Learn 2 throws from judo.
Learn 2 locks from judo or aikido.
Learn to punch correctly.
Learn 4 self defense technique.
Learn to escape headlock.
Learn to de-escalate.
Learn situation awareness.
Learn that when you die, your body lies on a cold steel slab.
Learn that jail or prison is not where you want to be.
Learn to be a gray man.
Survive.
>>
>>30735140
>all those fat, out of shape and entitled 'murricans trying to fight each other and the police
Really now, how did they think that was going to end?
>>
>>30738784
This is the lamest pasta I've seen yet.
>>
>>30738916
You think the navy seal copy pasta was better?
>>
>>30732997
>drumpf

noguns libshit detected
>>
>>30732898
I grew up in iowa, where football season is just to keep in shape for wrestling. I grew up in a wrestling family, never joined the school team but was always down to wrestle friends, and famiy. By the time I was 15 I could pin my dad who was 100lbs heavier and stout. With this being said don't rely on ground game for an actual fight, just dont. Take some boxing/judo and the occasional bjj/grappling classes. Every fight is different and you want to have the upper hand, if the guy is a better brawler take him to the ground, if he is a better grappler you don't want to find that out by taking him to the ground first.
>>
>>30738916
It's a low effort 4+ (you) guaranteed. With how tight the market is now, it's a smart investment
>>
File: IdiAmin_is_amused.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
IdiAmin_is_amused.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>30738991
>>
If you want basic self-defense, just learn Krav Maga, take a few courses.

Your goal should be to avoid confrontations and danger. Fighting should be your last resort at all times.
>>
Fuck Krav Maga. It's been proven over and over again that 90% of it is just stupid.

Here is how you know what your learning is bullshit:

If you aren't actually sparring. You don't actually fight in Krav Maga, it's all "scenarios" that never happen in real life.

Boxing and BJJ is what you want. Not a ton of boxing, just enough to know how to punch and get hit without instantly panicking. Very few fights will start on the feet with you exchanging blows, most of the time it'll start with a shoving match or someone grabbing part of you.

BJJ is where it's at. Even an educated blue belt (low level) can absolutely man handle virtually anyone who isn't trained in grappling, even with huge size disparities.

The more important part of BJJ is that it's entirely incremental. You can truly neutralize someone without injuring them, or worse.

Someone who isn't a grappler doesn't accidentally choke out a trained BJJ player.

Some idiot throwing hands in a parking lot can get lucky, and when you fall on concrete, good luck being paralyzed, or if you were the one doing the knocking out, have fun in prison on manslaughter charges.
>>
File: 1.png (20KB, 171x336px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
20KB, 171x336px
>>30738073
>>
>>30732898
>99% of fights end up on the ground
Did you chucklefucks never realize this is a myth to market MMA/BJJ/etc?
The only time this is true is when two incredibly sloppy retards fall over each other.
>>
>>30732898
Boxing + judo
>>
>>30737723
>retards actually believe this

Ever heard of a rear naked choke? How about ground and pound? Both of those are potentially lethal too. Go back to your commando LARP
>>
>>30738010
You know what would teach you to strike hard and strike fast? Probably a martial art.
>>
>>30738135
Ahh I remember this copy pasta.

Back when /asp/ was good.
>>
>>30732898
Isshinryu karate. It's highly aggressive, practical and effective. A trained bjj guy or a boxer does not want to engage a well trained karateka. It will be over before it begins.
>>
>>30740582
Which is why karateka kick ass outside of their ballet competitions?

Oh wait!
>>
>>30740582
Isshinryu is point tag sparring bullshit. Keep away at all costs.
>>
>>30733021
No they don't. /asp/ is the wrestling board now. It's pretty much all wwe threads
>>
>>30733899
Would you rather be living and a coward or let your ego get you killed?
>>
>>30738960
Look at this fag bragging about knowing how to wrestle without actually being a wrestler
>>
>>30740674
Steven Wonderboy Thompson is a kempo karateka and he just beat Rory MacDonald
>>
>>30732898
i hope that's a guy
>>
>>30741197
Why?
>>
>>30740674

>(you)

Karate and excellent take down defence is a solid combination
>>
>>30744607
If by karate you mean kyokushin karate and other knock down karate styles than I agree.

If you mean your typical strip mall karate with point tag competitions instead of actual competitive fighting then you can fuck right off.
>>
>>30732898
Combato
>>
>>30733899
lol that image
>>
>>30740017
Lol, good job.
>>
>>30735140
Holy shit what a brawl
What the fuck that was pure chaos start to finish
>>
>>30732997
>Drumpf
It's funny becuz hes le racist orange man xddd
>>
>>30734759
except practice doesnt make perfect, you fucking moron. practice makes permanent. if you weren't a mouth breathing window licker you'd know everyone, even professionals at the top of their game, uses coaching.
>>
>>30734405
>>30734843
Seconding the request for more. Google image search isn't showing me more.
>>
>>30732922
This.
Also TKD
Know judo and taekwondo well and you're a force to be reckoned with.
>you can say you're going to roundhouse someone's ass and do it, if they get snotty while they're on the ground you can neck lock their ass
>>
>>30732928
Good grappling skill lets you stay off the ground unless you want to go there. 99% of street retards can't throw a punch.
>>
File: shaving75ql.jpg (23KB, 432x455px) Image search: [Google]
shaving75ql.jpg
23KB, 432x455px
>>30738954
The gun safe I've got begs to differ.
>>
>>30747295
Tae Kwon do is the quintessential mcdojo. Go try fighting a real kickboxer and see how it goes.
>>
>>30732928
This.
Also, recognizing common "fixed weapons" and potential "hot gates" won't hurt.
used to bounce too
>>
Everyone recommending different martial arts or suggesting to learn multiple at the time.
Am I the only one who thinks that it is better to stick with one and master it? You will know the in and out, the advantages and weakness of your style. And occasionally include techniques from other style to compensate your weaknesses
BTW what does /k/ think of Wing Chun and JKD?
>>
>>30748684
Wing chun is only famous because of Bruce lee, and even he abandoned it when he realized it was ineffective. Go on youtube and look up fights of wing chun vs boxing. All the pro wing chun videos will explain their insane theories of how to beat basic boxing techniques. The actual fight videos will show boxing wrecking wing chun nerd everytime.

Jkd is hit or miss, but usually miss. Most of the time is just rebranded wing chun. If you're looking for an Asian flavored martial art that's effective and striking focused look in kyokushin (or other "knock down" karate styles) or sanda/sanshou

As for the rest of your post, most experienced fighters reccomend learning at least two martial arts to round out your skillset. Typically, one that focuses on striking and one that focuses on grappling. That way, regardless of the situation you find yourself in, you have an answer to an opponents attack. Once you have a good handle on those two, you can branch off into other shit.
>>
>>30732997
I bet you'd be butthurt if someone called Caitlyn Bruce.

I'm sick of lefty hypocrites calling that oompa loompa Drumpf. Yeah, it's awful that he's on the ballot, but it's an awful election (I said months ago that the only person who could make me vote for Trump was Clinton, and look where we are), and part of the reason why it ended up this way was morons like you who aren't even interested in trying to find common ground with your foes, so I'd like you to stop.
>>
>>30732898
Well, also, one thing to note is the importance of learning general street fighting awareness. You see so many vids online where some dude tries to act tough, squares off with another guy, and then out of the blue the guy's friend comes in from the side and glasses him over the head or sucker punches him to the jaw. You've really got to watch your back and think about the overall situation. Situational awareness. Running or getting the fuck out of there when you can tell you are outmatched. Getting enough body language and firmness in your voice to not let someone get a mental advantage. Never turning your back on a potential assailant -- another huge fucking common mistake. Seriously, you need to walk away backwards from a fight, you never, ever, ever turn your back.

Beyond that, I would learn boxing, fist fights are the most common thing you'll see on the street and being able to throw a sound punch, take a punch, and slip a shot will win you most fights on their own.

In addition, weight lifting, or trying to get bigger.
>>
>>30732898
i do krav maga classes, we learn a lot of attacks and defenses standind and on the ground and its the best option for street fighting/self defense. MMA is good but not much efficient in self defense has krav maga, in krav maga we learn to kill (if necessary)
>>
Muay Thai. By far.
>>
>>30749630
In krav maga you learn to LARP. MMA fighters apply their skill against another opponent who is actually trying to win on a regular basis. All your 2deadly4u techniques you've never applied on a resisting opponent. You're basically staking your life on doing right the first time you ever get into a real fight.
>>
>>30748931
u mad, bro?
>>
>>30737723
>pro tip : you can't train with krav maga because every attack is lethal
Actual Krav Fag here, I'm pretty sick and tired of this bullshit.

Krav Maga is the system developed by Imi Sde-Or, who was a professional Boxer and Wrestler.
The basis of Krav Maga is, as such, Boxing and Wrestling; techniques have been added and "live" Krav Maga organisations are constantly improving and adapting.

So, if you want to learn Krav Maga and don't have a reputable instructor near you:
Learn to box.
Learn to grapple.
Keep it fucking simple.
Learn some situational awareness.
Learn how to work multiple attackers.
Fight fucking dirty.

And remember, in real life, you are fighting to survive - as soon as you can, pissbolt and grab a fucking gun.
>>
>>30749630
>i do krav maga classes
No, you don't.
>>
>>30739103
>Someone who's never trained in Krav Maga tells us all about Krav Maga.
You spar in Krav Maga - it's literally Boxing and Wrestling, with a few techniques and a little twist added.
>>
>>30732898
http://youtu.be/SGpDVCkhtD4
>>
>>30732965
>Judo
This.
Because it teaches you to throw your opponent to the ground first. And if you do go down, it teaches you how to get back up again.

Worst thing you can do is to get knocked down and lie there like a target. Roll through it and get back up. It's tough to kick a moving target in the head.
>>
File: Gadsden.png (36KB, 984x625px) Image search: [Google]
Gadsden.png
36KB, 984x625px
>>30732898
The Scottish martial art of Fuk-Yee,
You basically use your foot to kick your opponent in the balls as hard as you can while yelling "FUK YEEE!"

It's super effective.
>>
>>30733364
This is the correct answer.

The reason it doesn't take as much effort to get 'good' at striking is because it doesn't take much to hurt most people or at least freak them out by hitting them. Grappling is much more difficult because the goal is control.

Also, Judo and Jujitsu can be done for your entire life and actually help you stay fit and healthy. Boxing training makes you deformed, brain damaged, and breaks your body down.
>>
>>30751203
>>30751188
If you're learning boxing and wrestling plus weapons drills and what not thats great. But when most krav schools look like this shit

>https://youtu.be/DbMITmDeNCU

I can't endorse it in good faith.
>>
>>30733059
I train Systema, Sambo, Boxing, JKD, and Muay Thai. Systema and Wing Chun/Jeet Kun Do/Jun Fan are pretty similar. In a street fight, a good mixture of Boxing and Muay Thai will take you a long way. Sambo>BJJ for practical application in my opinion.
>>
>>30753456
I forgot to say though, as a general rule try to avoid a fight. Running should be your first option. You don't know if Tyrone's cousin Dreyfus id sittin in da whip wit a gat
>>
>>30747740
Tae Kwondo is fun because they just care about money. They don't have same level of black belt politics as fucking karate dojos that don't even teach you how to fight well
>>
>>30749630
How do you defend against a prison yard rush?
>>
>>30753779
Tae Kwon do dojos don't teach you how to fight well either.

And how is only caring about money to get your black belt a good thing?
>>
>>30754298
That's not the point. If you're going to play martial acrobatics, you might as well have fun - and flying axe kicks are fun. Playing dojo politics to get your black belt is not fun.

You can go to just about any Tae Kwon Do dojang, give them a check, and pick up from wherever you left off. Karate dojos will give you dirty looks for switching senseis or taking a long break because life got in the way.
>>
>>30754729
Ok? But it baffles me why anyone would join a martial arts school and be ok with not being taught and effective form of fighting in the first place.
>>
File: fine.jpg (20KB, 232x254px) Image search: [Google]
fine.jpg
20KB, 232x254px
>>30732927
Laughed first then realized that's probably correct.
>>
>>30755250
Some people are just interested in fitness, other people like the ritual, others for fun, not everyone is young enough to excel in serious fighting sports. Why take dance classes or fencing?

The only problem is people who are deluded into thinking that Krav Maga, Karate, traditional Kung Fu, etc. will actually make them into a serious fighter.
>>
>>30732927
>terrorist attack
>oh I'll just box them
>mass shooting
>I'll just box em up real good
>gunpoint robbery
>jab cross hook
>mugger with a knife
>I'll keep my guard up so they can disembowel me

Yeah this is the best defense.
>>
>>30740358
that pasta predates /asp/ by quite a while
>>
>Best martial art?

Clearly it's wrestling them to the ground and giving them a bj. Be careful if he's got buddies tho cuz they will try to make it a gangbang.
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.