[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CZ75 B vs Glock 19 - First and Only handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 19

File: g19cz01.jpg (163KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
g19cz01.jpg
163KB, 800x600px
Hey /k/,

Gonna be buying my first and only (For a few years) handgun in a few weeks.

I have had a chance to handle CZ-75 B and Glock 19. I like both. I can't decide which would be be better for me.

Glock 19
Pros-
+Cheap Mags
+Cheap Parts
+Easily fixed/worked on
+Consistant Fit and finish
+Perfect Mag size for my state
+Finger Groves fit my stubby baby hands
Cons
-Hear some issues with ejection with Gen 4
-Smaller gun despite no carry in my State(NJ)
-Plastic Sights

Cz 75 B

Pros-
+History
+Metal Frame for less recoil impulse
+Longer sight radius + Metal Sights
+Comfier in my hand slightly
+Looks slightly cooler than glock to me but I like how both look
Cons-
-15 rd nj mags are 40 dollars so id have to either buy not many or just get 10rd mec-gear
-More shit to clean due to metal frame
-More parts to break
-Spotty fit and finish lately(?) (/k/ says atleast)
-Less and more expensive accessories
What do you guys think? Nj mag Limit is 15 rounds.

We don't have any kind of carry at all in our state.

It will be for learning.

Both pistols have available 22lr conversion kits which I will pick up within a few months of buying whichever I decide on.

I don't want to flip a coin. I just wan't something I won't ever regret buying. Both are priced comparatively in my state.
>>
>>30730275
CZ HANDS DOWN.
>>
>>30730275
glock is better in every objective measure
>>
>>30730275
>I just wan't something I won't ever regret buying
glock
a cz will fail to live up to your expectations

that said if you are doing this on cost a glock will still be 500-600 new 5 years from now meanwhile cz continually rises in price
>>
>>30730326
except looks
>>
Glock 19; modern CZUB is trash. They could sort out their QC problems but they won't because people keep buying.
>>
>>30730348
Price isnt too big of an issue.

Anyone have experience with both?

Which would help me develop healthier habits when shooting handguns?

I hear kadet thing for cz is an excellent 22lr pistol.

I hear advantage arms slide for glock is acceptable with golden bullet and cci for trigger control and mild accuracy training.
>>
G19. Everyone should have one in their collection just for shits and giggles.
>>
File: 20160604_085316.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160604_085316.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>30730275
For your cz75b You can get mecgar 19 round mags for ~20 bucks, you can get the 19 round conversion bit for even cheaper to turn 15-16 round mags into 18-19.
>>
File: Snapchat-198073711935606528.jpg (837KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-198073711935606528.jpg
837KB, 1440x2560px
>>30730380
>QC problems
>A tool mark on the inside of the slide that doesn't engage in other surface
Try harder faggot.
>>
>>30730569
I can't legally own magazines over 15 rounds without becoming a felon.
>>
>>30730602
Your pic related just looks like someone trying to get into guns and doesn't have much training and is attempting to get better
>>
>>30730632
I'm sure mecgar makes 15 round mags as well, they don't really go above $25
>>
>>30730275
Is it just you making repeated threads, or have a lot of New Jersians been making threads about buying their first handgun lately on /k/? Nothing wrong with that if the former. We're here to help. Just curious as to why, if the latter.

If it's going to be your first and only handgun for a while, I wouldn't get either a Glock 19 or a CZ 75 B. The Glock is, IMO, the better choice of the two for an all-around handgun, but the possibility of getting a gun that will send brass into your face kills the deal for me. Now, if you can deal with the fact that you might have to buy and sell a couple Glocks before you get a good one, or that you will have to buy a used Glock made before the BTTF issue was introduced (-2011), then that's one thing.

The Glock is a good gun. It's made to be very durable, very reliable (even BTTF doesn't affect reliability), and to a high standard of finishing. The CZ is also a good gun, but it's just not on the same level as the Glock, IMO. Kind of like comparing a Kia to a Lexus, if your expectations are very low, you will be satisfied with either, but if your expectations are high, the Glock is the only gun that will make you happy.

If you're looking for a new 9mm handgun with a 15 round capacity, and you have no intention of carrying it, though, then I personally would look at an HK USP. The prices on these guns have come down a lot recently. You can get them brand new for $700 right now, which is phenomenal. The USP has, for years, been the gold standard of reliability. HK's are known for any kind of manufacturing quality lapses, like Glocks with their erratic ejection issues. The trigger and the overall quality of finishing is much better than the CZ 75, plus it's a lighter gun than the CZ 75, while actually recoiling less than the all steel gun. If price is a huge issue, maybe look at a VP9. I just don't think Glocks are a really good value.
See: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/571112328
>>
Get a CZ P-07. Same capacity and roughly same size/weight as G19 but with better trigger due to SA/DA.
>>
>>30730657
Nope they are $39 like the CZ standard one. This is my dilemma. I did search as soon as I started researching.
>>
>>30730275
>15rd mags are 40 dollars

wut ?
they are 16€ here
>>
>>30730671
>HK's are known for any kind of manufacturing quality lapses
*aren't
>>
>>30730698
American gun stores don't accept Euros for payment.
>>
>>30730698
Sure you don't mean 16rd magazine?

>>30730671
Is brass to the face really that common?

Why are handguns so fucking touchey?
>>
>>30730726
just bend the bottom part of the mag in to block the follower...

>>30730726
>>30730718
yeah well why don't you buy an american gun ?
>>
>>30730687
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/promag-cz75-tz75-baby-eagle-magazine-9mm-luger-15-rounds-steel-blued-cz-a1-708279006333.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

$15 for 15 rounders here
>>
>>30730726
>Is brass to the face really that common?
I don't know how common it is. If you buy a new Glock 19, you may not get brass to the face, but you will probably get a gun that doesn't eject brass as positively as it should. As the recoil spring weakens over time, a weak ejecting handgun can turn into an erratic ejecting handgun. I bought a gen 3 Glock 19 in 2013 and it took about 700 rounds before I started getting pelted in my forehead while shooting. So, some of the negative reports you'll read online (ex. "I just bought a new Glock and it doesn't eject brass to my face") are false negatives due to the fact that the issue doesn't always manifest immediately.

>Why are handguns so fucking touchey?
I don't know what touchey means.
>>
>>30730761
Aren't promags complete dogshit?
>>
I've got a glock 19, glock 23, glock 30s, and a glock 21. I like glocks. I also have a stainless cz 75b.

Buy the cz 75b. Whenever I go to the range, if I'm shooting 9mm I always reach for my CZ. The fit/finish issues are a meme as well, at least from my experience. But I also have no experience with the polycoat they use, so take that with a grain of salt
>>
>>30730828
yes but people who buy solely on price keep them in business
>>
>>30730275

OP, have you shot either one of these? And no, I don't just mean "my friend has one and let me shoot two rounds a couple of years ago".

Find a local range that rents both of them, and put a few magazines through each. Come back a week later and do it again.

Both are excellent guns.
>>
Anyone have an thoughts on the PPQ m2. LGS has a navy model in Stock that felt fuckin great in my hands. Wondering if any of you dudes have experience with one.
>>
>>30730894
This is a very sensible post
>>
>>30730275
if you do buy a cz make sure to ask if you can disassemble it just to check for tooling marks and whatnot
>>
>>30730896
>Anyone have an thoughts on the PPQ m2. LGS has a navy model in Stock that felt fuckin great in my hands. Wondering if any of you dudes have experience with one.

Comfort is a good sign. Like I said in my other post, find a range that has one for rent and shoot a few mags.

I have heard it has a very nice trigger feel, but that is EXTREMELY subjective.
>>
>>30730275
>Cz 75 B
>Pros-
>+History
How does that matter?

>+Metal Frame for less recoil impulse
False

>+Longer sight radius
If you think the sight radius difference between the two will make any measurable difference in how well you shoot you are deluded.

> Metal sights
Legit pro

>+Comfier in my hand slightly
Legit pro

>+Looks slightly cooler than glock to me but I like how both look
Fag
>>
>>30730894
Cost is very high in my state to rent/shoot handguns.

Cheapest I found was a deal for 70 dollars for two guns for 1 hour. This doesnt inclde ammo I have to buy from the overpriced store.
>>
>>30730933
>How does that matter?

Nice dubs.

For some it might, but that's more on the collector side of things. If the gun shoots well and fits your budget, there's nothing wrong with having one that has some history to it.

I would not buy my first gun or even second solely on "OMG it was totally used in (conflict)".
>>
Shoot both and see. Theyre very different in every way.

The CZ will be the better and more fun to shoot pistol. I vote that.
>>
>>30730944
>Cost is very high in my state to rent/shoot handguns.
>Cheapest I found was a deal for 70 dollars for two guns for 1 hour. This doesnt inclde ammo I have to buy from the overpriced store.

It's not cheap in my state either, anon.

What's the alternative though? You buy the CZ, shoot a few mags through it and go, "shit I hate this thing". That means you have to try and sell or trade it, and start all over again.

It's like buying a car without ever driving it.
>>
>>30730917
What kind of marks would I be checking for?

Should I look for small writing that says PETR WAS HERE

I watched one video review where under the slide it was completely unfinished in frame. This was one of the aluminum ones though.
>>
>>30730933
>metal frame for less recoil impulse
>false
I'm not sure how that could be construed as false. The CZ frame is heavier than the glock frame. More weight means less recoil. The CZ has less recoil than the glock, even if the recoil for the glock isn't bad to begin with. It's easier to put rapid shots on target with the CZ. Whether that's because of added frame weight or low bore axis is a moot point because he's debating the merits of each design, not the reasons for those merits
>>
>>30730354
Disagree
>dat minimalist aesthetics
>>
>>30730993
>>>30730933
>>metal frame for less recoil impulse
>>false
>I'm not sure how that could be construed as false.

The internals will also affect recoil.

I think the polymer versus metal frame thing is a bit overhyped. I was at the range today and shot several 9mm of each type and the difference was marginal at best.

In fact, the employees accidentally handed me the CZ Phantom (polymer) instead of a regular 75 (metal) and I didn't even realize it until I returned it to the counter.

This is why OP needs to go shoot both guns several times. There are so many subjective things at play here.
>>
>>30730602
How about springs that consistently, reliably fail in half the time they should?
>>
>>30730923
I was reading about it today after I got back from the range. Heard the same thing, trigger is really nice. A tad on the lighter side from what I understand. Don't think that would be a problem for me. I do want to shoot one just to see how it compares to my XD and SD40
>>
>>30730993
Weight of the handgun's frame isn't the only factor contributing to recoil mitigation is what he meant, I'm guessing. I have a Browning Hi Power that I bought used with a worn out recoil spring, and it recoiled like a 10mm the first time I shot it. When I replaced the spring with a Wolff extra power recoil spring, it felt like I was shooting .32 through it. The recoil spring in a 9mm CZ 75 isn't particularly strong, and can only mitigate recoil to a limited extent.
>>
>>30730983
i dont have any pics of it and my cz from what ive seen doesnt have any. from what i understand its really just aesthetic, unless youve literally got a chunk of missing metal it wont have any effect on the gun. ive mostly seen it in the form of shiny scratches or just now with >>30729967 which is the worst ive seen
>>
>>30731017
>muh trigger return spring broke
>confirmation bias from a google search I did means that all CZ's have faulty trigger return springs
Here we go again!
>>
>>30730993
mass isnt everything. all the flex in a glocks frame reduces recoil
in my experience a 75b and a glock 17 are almost the same. theres a noticeable difference between a 17 and an sp01 but its minor with the standard
>>
the question you're asking is if your a rugged or rakish man when in reality you are obsessed with having the best so maybe hk
>>
>>30730896
The PPQ is a solid pistol. It just didn't click with me personally, but I wouldn't think less of anyone because they bought one.

>>30730923
>I have heard it has a very nice trigger feel, but that is EXTREMELY subjective.
No, it's not. I can quantify the various measures that contribute to a good trigger very easily.
>length of entire pull
>smoothness of pull
>weight of pull
>evenness of weight of pull
>length of pretravel
>crispness of break
>overtravel distance
>position of breaking point compared to 95% of hand sizes
>angle of trigger rotation
>texture and width of front of trigger
>>
>>30731017
Fuck off. No CZ in my family has had this issue
>>
>>30731061
>No, it's not. I can quantify the various measures that contribute to a good trigger very easily.

Sorry, I should've been more specific. The anecdotal information I've read is that the feedback and smoothness is quite good. I haven't shot it myself so I can't confirm/deny. OP should try it out and decide for himself. I think some of those metrics will be a bit much for a first-time buyer.
>>
>>30731013
>so many subjective things at play here
Very true. Almost anything with firearms is subjective, because anything worth it's weight in salt will put rounds on target at this point so it all comes down to preference.
>>30731025
What you're saying makes complete sense, but from my experience the other elements of the CZ make up for a weaker recoil spring. What I'm saying is that regardless of why this is, the recoil in my CZ is weaker than the recoil in my glock 19. It's much easier to put rapid shots on target with the CZ than with the glock.

But that could also be because I like the way the CZ fits my hand more.
>>
>>30730275
Get a glock if those are your only choices. /k/ only likes CZs because they're desperate to be different and hip, so they won't buy a "mainstream" gun.
If you want a reliable gun that works well and don't care about aesthetics, get the glock.
>>
>>30731017
I've put over 3000 rounds through my cz and haven't had a problem yet.
I didn't even have a "break in time", I've only ever had problems with federal aluminium trash.
>>
>>30731109
>CZs
>won't buy a "mainstream" gun

Bro, the CZ is a hugely popular gun around the world. It's not as well known in the US due to the fact that it came from the Soviet bloc countries....which is irrelevant anyway.
>>
>>30730761
>cheaperthandirt
>ever
>>
>>30731087
I don't really have a dog in the fight, but, like I mentioned in a previous post, try out a USP sometime if you've always thought that handguns need steel frames to be soft-shooting. The USP is lighter than the CZ 75 by about half a pound, but it recoils noticeably less.
>>
>>30731144
>I don't really have a dog in the fight, but, like I mentioned in a previous post, try out a USP sometime if you've always thought that handguns need steel frames to be soft-shooting. The USP is lighter than the CZ 75 by about half a pound, but it recoils noticeably less.

Or try the new VP9. Shot one today. Breddy gud.
>>
>>30730275
From personal experience, I prefer the CZ. Mainly due to the ergonomics and the lack of a trigger safety. Wish I had picked a model with a rail though.
>>
>>30731155
The USP's recoil is still in a different league.
>>
>>30731155
>vp9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOu5ZGfgtVk
>>
File: 1455764824148.png (244KB, 900x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1455764824148.png
244KB, 900x1051px
>>30731177
>MAC
>>
>>30731117
you are right at the point where your cz will start to shit itself if its still flawless at 5k congrats. i used to be like you a cz defender then reality redpilled the shit out of me with malfunctions
>>
>>30731144
USP sucks a dick. Spongiest trigger ever. Also for a first time gun the CZ will be easier to shoot and deal with recoil and follow up shots
>>
>>30731195
Most handguns will need a new recoil spring or new magazine springs after 5k rounds, you know...?
>>
>>30731177

Interesting, and nice double dubs.

This is OP's first gun. Not sure those torture tests are 100% relevant. (OP can speak up if I'm wrong)
>>
>>30731202
>Spongiest trigger ever.
Define "spongy."
>Also for a first time gun the CZ will be easier to shoot and deal with recoil and follow up shots
Explain why.
>>
>>30731207
yes after im saying it wont make it that far
>>
>>30731144
Oh I'm sure. I've actually never shot one, but would like to. I know there are factors outside of weight affecting recoil, but weight is a factor
>>
>>30731117
>I've put over 3000 rounds through my cz and haven't had a problem yet.
>I didn't even have a "break in time", I've only ever had problems with federal aluminium trash.

Funny you mention Federal and the 75 in the same sentence. My rental 75B today (no clue how well maintained it was) flawlessly shot all 50 rounds of the shitty Federal "range/target" ammo they made me buy.

The same ammo jammed in the rental 92FS and rental P226, though again, unsure how well these were maintained.
>>
>>30731233
>spring wore out after thousands of rounds
>guys this gun is a piece of shit, I actually had to replace something
>>
>>30731109
>/k/ only likes CZs because they're desperate to be different and hip

But CZ are very good weapons. It's the rabid CZ hate that's the /k/ meme
>>
>>30731190
>in denial of reality
>>
>>30731264
>another tripfag endorsing meme guns
>>
>>30731297
>>another tripfag endorsing meme guns

How is a CZ a meme gun?
>>
File: IMGP1356.jpg (645KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1356.jpg
645KB, 1200x798px
>>30731233
>im saying it wont make it that far
What kind of evidence do you have to support this claim? Because my 27 year old surplus CZ 75 has made it a long way in life without "shitting itself." It still shoots tight groups without a hiccup.

>>30731274
I'm fine denying MAC's alternate reality when half a dozen other people from a different reality have done water tests with their VP9's on youtube and gotten different results than MAC did. The fact that he threw the gun at steel plates to begin with should give you an idea of how his biased mind works.

>>30731202
As someone who owns and likes both, the USP definitely has the better trigger. I've only shot one CZ 75 that didn't have a ton of creep through the single action break (and that's the one I currently own), but I've never shot a USP with a truly bad trigger. Both guns come from the factory new these days with a little bit of internal roughness that you can polish up to improve the smoothness, but the trigger break of the USP is cleaner and has less overtravel than the CZ 75.
>>
>>30730275
>Glock 19
>Pros-
>+Cheap Mags
Yes, but beware the really cheap stuff.

>+Cheap Parts
Never priced CZ75 parts, but how big of a difference are we talking here?

>+Easily fixed/worked on
Do you plan to work on it yourself?

>+Consistant Fit and finish
>+Perfect Mag size for my state
>+Finger Groves fit my stubby baby hands
This is a good thing, but grips can always be swapped/modified.

>Cons
>-Hear some issues with ejection with Gen 4
>-Smaller gun despite no carry in my State(NJ)
>-Plastic Sights
Can be replaced.

>Cz 75 B
>Pros-
>+History
>+Metal Frame for less recoil impulse
Maybe.

>+Longer sight radius + Metal Sights
Yes, but do you intend to shoot long distances or something?

>+Comfier in my hand slightly
This is a huge deal. Grips and other things can be changed, but the overall balance and feel cannot.

>+Looks slightly cooler than glock to me but I like how both look
>Cons-
>-15 rd nj mags are 40 dollars so id have to either buy not many or just get 10rd mec-gear
>-More shit to clean due to metal frame
So? You're talking a few extra minutes of time.

>-More parts to break
>-Spotty fit and finish lately(?) (/k/ says atleast)
>-Less and more expensive accessories
What sort of accessories are you considering? There are 75 variants, like the SP-01 Tactical, that have standard accessory rails.
>>
>>30731351
>threw it at steel plates first

this is a lie
>>
>>30731382
I didn't say "first." I said "to begin with." There are two meanings to this expression. You are looking for the other one.
>>
>>30731351
>What kind of evidence do you have to support this claim? Because my 27 year old surplus CZ 75 has made it a long way in life without "shitting itself." It still shoots tight groups without a hiccup.
personal experience
i didnt say the gun would explode i said a spring will break or wear out before he hits 5k
if you are going to claim every single part in your 27 year old cz is original to refute that go ahead and lie
>>
>>30731406
Do you drive your car without ever replacing the engine oil, and then when it starts to smoke and get strange engine noises after 10,000 miles, do you blame the car for "shitting itself"? I'm having a really hard time figuring out what you are so mad about. Your argument seems to depend on you being ignorant about basic gun maintenance.
>>
>>30731392
it wouldn't even fire from the first dip in water. the whole gun is a meme. get madder kid.
>>
Which one fits comfortably in tiny little girly hands?
>>
>>30731441
Good science should be reproducible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc
>>
>>30730354
Or ergonomics.
>>
>>30731431
theres a difference between never replacing parts while treating it like dogshit and having to replace parts well before they should be replaced.
i agree with you that parts need to be replaced routinely
for the sake of argument lets say you replace recoil springs at 5k im pulling this number out of my ass
then we have 2 guns both claiming you dont have to replace it until 5k.
one starts to fuck up at 3.5k the other makes it to 6k before the guy realizes oh its time to maintain my gun.

is the spring that broke well before it should have shit or not?
the issue is not routine maintenance its that cz doesnt make it to the routine maintenance
>>
>>30731495
I still don't understand your problem. Is there some gun you can name that doesn't ever require spring replacement? Because I can name some very high end guns that require a new recoil spring much more frequently than a CZ 75 does.
>>
>>30731239
Don't know, might be because my newer magazines are stiff and fuck up the side of the casing, but I also get unburnt powder on my arms after shooting that stuff. It feeds tula and blazer brass no problem.
>>
>>30731529
>Don't know, might be because my newer magazines are stiff and fuck up the side of the casing, but I also get unburnt powder on my arms after shooting that stuff. It feeds tula and blazer brass no problem.

Yeah, who knows. I didn't check the mags on the rentals very closely. They could've been shit-tier aftermarket ones that needed to be replaced. The CZ75, M&P9, Glock 17, and VP9 didn't have a single issue with the same ammo.

The 92 had a round that didn't fire and got jammed, the 226 had a FTE. Those are really popular guns so it's possible they were just terribly worn down and needing some major maintenance. Cosmetically, they looked like absolute shit.
>>
>>30731590

HK45CT or Glock 19. Do you want to be a SEAL or naw?
>>
So both Glock and CZ have shitty springs if you read this page.
>>
File: 2016-07-22 11.06.25.jpg (202KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-22 11.06.25.jpg
202KB, 480x800px
>>30730282
This. There is something about a metal framed handgun that is awesome.
>>
File: 008.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
I don't really know where the CZ shit finish and tooling mark meme comes from. My P-09 has no machining marks at all while my HK P2000sk does. The HK has never malfunctioned on me so I don't really care. And the P-09's finish has held up fine.
>>
>>30732759
i agree i posted a pic of my p01 above yours and it has no tooling marks at all.
>>
>>30730761
NEVER EVER BUY PROMAG

I can't believe I have to tell you this. Do you even own a rifle?
>>
>>30732759
You see the very very slight circlish things on the right slide? On that shoulder next to the ejection port?
Well those are what people cry QC about. Literally doesn't effect anything in anyway,shape,or form.

>>30733005
I never said I'd buy promag, but I was just pointing out that there are cheap 15 rounders for the cz.
Also, companies that have a shit reputation can have a good product still. It's only 15 bucks, doesn't hurt to try one out and if it works try another out and maybe you'll find something you weren't expecting.
>>
>>30730282
>>30730326

Prove that you will never get a solid answer. The best answer is the one you can use best. Personally however, I'd lean towards the CZ
>>
Buy a .40 cal glock and a 9mm barrel if you want to shoot 2 pistol calibers. Buy the cz 75b and a kadet kit if you want to shoot 9mm or .22 lr. Both guns will last longer than you, both can get their triggers vastly improved. The glock has the edge on DIY tinkering though, but the CZ will outshoot it because of how it's designed. Glock hands down has cheaper mags, but getting a mag lula or something will mean you only need 3 or 4. All in all, neither really does anything the other doesn't do about as well, just go with what is more fun for you to shoot.
>>
>>30733110
>Also, companies that have a shit reputation can have a good product still. It's only 15 bucks, doesn't hurt to try one out and if it works try another out and maybe you'll find something you weren't expecting.
no its fucking promag that doesnt happen.
what happens is you buy it and it doesnt work. you say fuck it when you realize you have to pay shipping to get your replacement mag and shipping is half the price of the mag. at this point you toss it out. or you buy it, load it, then never shoot cause you are poor and "prepared".
>>
File: CZ 75 SHIT vs Glock perfection.jpg (596KB, 2000x1325px) Image search: [Google]
CZ 75 SHIT vs Glock perfection.jpg
596KB, 2000x1325px
>>30732759
Visible machining marks on surfaces that don't slide over each other (like the inside of the slide that doesn't touch the barrel, the flat surfaces inside the frame, even the exterior of the pistol) mean next to nothing from a functionality perspective.

However, visible machining marks can be an indication that corners were cut in the more important steps in the manufacturing process, like hardening the slide, rifling the bore to the proper size and smoothness, machining the hammer, sear, extractor and ejector to the proper specifications, deburring the feed ramp, fitting the barrel, or even some step in the design process, like designing some part that is inherently prone to breakage.
>>
>>30733465
15 dollars
>>
>>30733722
fuckin poorfag mentality
>>
>>30733678
Which is why CZs continue to function flawlessly and glocks have a reputation of blowing up you and whoever else is within a city block of you.
See, I can use memes to argue against you too.
Tool marks aren't anything to be worried about unless they are visible and/or are on sliding surfaces. That isn't an issue with cz, there are tool marks where it doesn't matter and the surfaces that contact are polished.
>>
>>30733735
>It could be a waste of money !!!
>But it's only 15 dollars, it doesn't hurt to try.
>OMG POORFAG

can't tell if you're retarded or baiting desu
>>
>>30733754
You are a sensitive little snowflake. I'm not "arguing against" CZs. I'm explaining why toolmarks are a big deal to a lot of people, which is what that person was implicitly asking.

>muh glocknade
Just makes you sound like a drooling retard. In the same way Dianne Feinstein doesn't understand the difference between a semi-auto and full auto, you are telling me that you are equally stupid in how you don't understand the difference between a Glock 22 Gen 2 and all other Glocks.
>>
>>30733769
its promag at this point i bet you support io
>>
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (2MB, 3771x2121px) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
2MB, 3771x2121px
>>30733791
Try harder
>>
File: hahahaha.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>30733786
I bet you pay for the Smart Water Premium because it's better for you
>>
>>30733889
There's no need to get emotional.
>>
>>30733910
But happiness is a good emotion, it's what this great nation was built upon.
>>
I'm a Glock guy. Have been since the late 90's and currently own 7 of them. I also own two CZ's. That said, the CZ 75 kicks the absolute shit out of a 19 in every imaginable way. Every way.
>>
File: 0989785647356425465768798.jpg (32KB, 395x281px) Image search: [Google]
0989785647356425465768798.jpg
32KB, 395x281px
>>30731155
>VP9
>>
>>30734487
Are they really my best choice for first handgat though?

Seems like they have some issues.
Do you think it would be better to get a Glock 19 first and then eventually pick up an older CZ75?

I keep hearing the outer finish is also pretty shit on CZ guns now. For 600 bucks shouldn't a gun have a slightly better finish than spraypaint?
>>
File: USP40V1 SP HD.jpg (2MB, 3388x3268px) Image search: [Google]
USP40V1 SP HD.jpg
2MB, 3388x3268px
>>30730275
If you can really only get single handgun, I wouldn't get either. Sounds like you want a 9mm, so why not combine the best of both the CZ and the Glock? I have a solution for you...

USP 9, full size, variant 1.

Polymer frame, DA/SA with safety lever for cocked and locked usage, metal sights, and so much more. It's more expensive, but if you are only going to get a single handgun, get a nice one. I have one in .40 and it's a dream to shoot.
>>
>>30736533
>I keep hearing the outer finish is also pretty shit on CZ guns now.
That's because you're listening to the fucktarded CZ hatewagon on /k/. There's nothing stopping you from going to a store to see for yourself.

>For 600 bucks
You don't buy a CZ-75 for $600 and the only people selling them for that much are trying to Jew you. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

If the G19 feels "big" enough for you, get that for your first gun. Its size and weight makes it more versatile and the aftermarket means you can do something tacticool with it when you get bored.
>>
>>30736596
Sadly the ones I saw in the store today that were brand new were pretty scratched up.

Not sure if that was just the store or normal. (Scuffs/ rough sharp edges)

I will TRY to get to rent both of them. I really do eventually want a cz. I am trying to decide on what handgun I will learn to shoot on for the next few years. (Living with family who are anti gun but have decided to allow me to have a handgun) I can't move atm for non monetary reasons which id rather not go into on 4chan.
>>
>>30736596
>cz finish isn't shit because i'm fine with it

A 7 year old is fine with chicken nuggets as well, that don't make it acceptable to people with refined tastes.
>>
>>30736533
Let's be honest OP, you're not going to be carrying your pistol, because lol NJ, it's going to be a range queen. It's finish will be more than enough for trips to the range and back. If you're really that worried get it cerakoted.

Because in almost every other way that's really going to affect your shooting experience the CZ is better. Better trigger, better recoil control, better fit, better control placement, and better standard sights.

Get a CZ and you won't be disappointed.

Or if you're really worried spend more and get a Sig or something or some high end 1911.
>>
Just ordered a CZ P-01 online and I'm having it shipped my local FLL next week. I also put on layaway a Colt AR; figured I'd get one before more shootings happen and libtards ban guns altogether.
>>
>>30736631
FFL*
>>
>>30736627
>another czfag makes more excuses for why the finish on a cz is fine, even though it clearly isn't
>>
>>30736631
>putting guns on layaway

just how poor are you?
>>
On a slightly unrelated note
>.22 conversion kits
>are they worth it?
My pistol shooting is only slightly better then terrible. Would a .22 kit help me learn to shoot better? Ammo prices aren't a huge concern.

>>30736613
>guns were scratched up at the store
That sounds like a problem with the store.
>>
>>30731455
torture tests should be a worst case scenario
>>
>>30736643
My finish has been fine. If OP is worried about finish though, he really shouldn't be.

But hey since you're shit posting, why don't you tell me about how finish is more importanr than how the gun shoots?

Or do you just want to jump ahead to the part where we talk about "Glock Perfection" triggers?
>>
>>30736652

Just bought that new handgun a few days back, and put a down payment on a new LE6920 today. I don't understand the question. Does the concept of micro-managing money for bills and living expenses escape you?
>>
>>30736673
>Would a .22 kit help me learn to shoot better?
no because conversion kits are garbage or in the case of the kadet 400 dollars buy a buckmark or markiii and practice with that.
>>
Op here. Im glad for all the advice but this is making the choice even harder for me lol.

Inb4 "flip a coin faggot!"
>>
>>30736681
>torture tests should reproduce a realistic scenario that people are likely to encounter in real life
>like swimming with your home defense pistol
Derp.
>>
>>30736697
>has to micromanage $1600 worth of guns

how poor are you?
>>
File: older hk usp.jpg (307KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
older hk usp.jpg
307KB, 1366x768px
>>30736719
>>
>>30736719
Glock triggers are garbage OP, even Glock fags will admit this. Factor getting a new trigger kit installed into your Glock if you get one.
>>
>>30736688
if you think glock triggers are bad, you're just too stupid to know how to clean one.

if you can't make a proper gun and a good finish at the same time, you're too stupid to be considered a good gun.
>>
>>30736737
>glock triggers
>garbage

is that why glock always takes home factory class in competition shooting?
>>
File: noose.jpg (10KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
noose.jpg
10KB, 300x250px
>>30736731
>reading comprehension
>>
>>30736761
>still won't answer the quuestion
>>
>>30736745
>if you think Glock triggers are bad you just don't know to clean them
Cleaning them has nothing to due with the Glock trigger being a gravelly, squishy piece of shit that has to be replaced.

Also if you can't make a good trigger, even though you have a good finish, you still made a garbage gun.
>>
File: noose2.jpg (17KB, 456x250px) Image search: [Google]
noose2.jpg
17KB, 456x250px
>>30736770
>still can't reread my post
>>
>>30736780
if you actually think a glock trigger is garbage you are a moron who hasnt shot many guns. its not the best but its nowhere near the worst. glock makes an amazingly consistent servicible trigger.
>>
>>30736756
FN just took the latest production class win, so clearly they're the best, amirite?

>>30736821
If you think a Glock trigger is good you clearly don't shoot enough, or you've been drinking the Glock perfection meme way too much.
>>
>>30736780
>>30736839
>he really doesn't know how to clean a glock trigger

look at the retarded faggot and laugh.

you're the same kind of retard using "it just werks logic"

production nationals are next month btw.
>>
How about in terms of rounds before I have to start replacing or fixing shit?

I plan on shooting steel and cheap ammo through whatever pistol I buy (CZ75 or Glock 19)

Which would fare better?

Are CZs going to ware faster than glock?
>>
>>30731109
That's why CZ and clones comprise up 129381092409% of USPSA and IPSC aside from Bob Vogel.
>>
>>30736706
>no because conversion kits are garbage

Why would you say that?

The Kadet kit is actually pretty nice.
>>
>>30736910
Don't listen to braindead fuckwits on /k/ who claim that some brand of guns is shit because some random spring in his gun broke. Either gun will last the average person a lifetime without having to replace any parts. Even if something breaks, people really seem to have no idea how easy it is to buy gun parts. You literally just call the manufacturer and they'll sell you any part for your gun. Can't install it yourself and don't want to send it to the manufacturer to have them fix it? Go to literally any gun store and ask them to refer you to a gunsmith or armorer.

Your initial points from the OP about this is retarded.
>>30730275
>Glock
>+Cheap Parts
>+Easily fixed/worked on
>CZ
>-More parts to break

This is not even an issue with either gun, but you're comparing a Ford Explorer to a Chevrolet Suburban. Not like the average person would ever need to even buy individual gun parts, but the only guns that I've had a hard time finding parts for have been 50+ years old, discontinued guns not even in the same category as Glocks or CZ 75's, and even then, if you look hard enough, you can usually find what you need.
>>
>>30736959
because most of them are garbage. the kadet is an exception its flaw is that its expensive to the point where you could get a seperate gun and a bunch of spare mags for less than the kit costs
>>
>>30736992
Explorer > suburban

chevy a shit
>>
>>30737061

The point

Your head
>>
>>30737075
the point is that you're clearly wrong and your shitty analogy doesn't work at all.
>>
File: 105wbrm.jpg (478KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
105wbrm.jpg
478KB, 1600x1064px
Here's what I think of Glock sights...
>>
>>30737080
Explain the analogy, as you perceive it.
>>
>>30736992
I honestly still cant decide.

I liked the trigger on both.

I liked how both felt.

Honestly I like how both look too.

It's more deciding which will be the right one for me to learn on. And which will be the least headache in getting and not getting a lemon. (I have extremely bad luck when it comes to buying firearms and having them defective from factory)
>>
>>30737088
cars aren't guns

chevy a shit
>>
>>30737129
Fuckhead.
>>
>>30737087
I dont get it.
>>
>>30737486
They suck, which is why I took them off and threw them away. Ordered some 10-8 but their shipping is fucking horrid.
>>
>>30737575
>they suck

drop in the bucket nigga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdIETnshd2s
>>
File: German Guns.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
German Guns.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
OP, you're getting a lot of USP recommendations.

I'd seriously look into one. The USP truly is a cut above the rest.
>>
>>30730509
I have experience with both.

Glocks just feel cheap to me. The trigger on glocks bothers me, and I don't shoot well with them. The recoil on a glock 19 is absurd considering it's supposed to just be a 9mm.

I'd only get a glock 19 if i was going to CCW it. I like the CZ-75 in every way. It's just fun to shoot, and the G19 isn't fun, it's utilitarian. It's like a Honda civic. The only thing more practical about the glock is the weight. But if it's just going to be a range toy then the weight doesn't matter.
>>
>>30733786
>you don't understand the difference between a Glock 22 Gen 2 and all other Glocks.

We don't need to know, this isn't a grenade thread.
>>
File: dog.jpg (37KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
37KB, 360x479px
>>30736622
>refined taste
>glock
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.