[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

terroristic attacks prevented by armed civilians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: tmp_11616-92fs_zoom001960292575.jpg (72KB, 840x562px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11616-92fs_zoom001960292575.jpg
72KB, 840x562px
Hello, /k/
Eurofag here, scaried as fuck after every terroristic attack in europe.
I have a question about US. How many times a citzen with his own weapon prevented or reacted to a terrositic attack? Do you have newspaper articles?

After every attack in Europe politicians discuss about weapon laws, and every times they want to restrict weapons owning. It's disgusting. They say criminals have weapons because our laws allow them to possess, but it's false, they always have unregisterd weapons (easier to obtain, less controls).

Pic related, i want to buy this handgun to protect my house, as i can't legally carry it to protect myself
>>
It's not commonly reported as it's typically a non event.

There was an Uber driver in Chicago that shot a would be mass shooter.

Another case was an attempted attack on an art gallery in Texas, but I think that was stopped by a security guard.
>>
>>30726358
I am a Lifetime Member of the NRA. Each month they send out a magazine to us. In it, there is a page called the "Armed Citizen." It details about two dozen accounts of Americans using their guns to protect themselves. These things are never reported in the media. Sadly.
>>
I'm a europoor but I'm not scared of terror happenings since I live in an irrelevant country. I'd just like to own a lot of guns anyway.

I'll be applying for some US universities and try to get a job and stay there. Are there any states where I can buy guns on a student visa?
>>
>>30726358
I'm about to walk out the door so I don't have time to dig for proofs, but I believe the most recent statistic I read is something along the lines of 8% of mass shootings having been stopped by civilians. I'm sure someone else can prove me wrong and provide better figures.
>>
>>30726402
>Are there any states where I can buy guns on a student visa?

Texas, Arizona, Alaska, Tennessee, Indiana, quite a few. Welcome to the U.S.
>>
>>30726402
What field are you looking to get in to? That would help with suggestions of states based on a combination of good Universities and gun laws?
>>
>>30726424
>and gun laws?
Why do you have a question mark at the end of your sentence?
>>
>>30726438
Reworded my last sentence from a question and neglected to change the punctuation.
>>
OP you gotta know that gun carrying citizens are the minority now, especially in big "progressive" city centers where large scale attacks are more likely. So the likelihood of someone using there gun to protect strangers like a superhero at just the right moment is pretty unlikely.
I think a better question to ask yourself is how many people carrying have successfully brought down a gunman/ armed offender.
>>
>>30726413
I had read somewhere that it was required in all states to have a background check and that only people with permanent resident visas could buy guns. Can states really decide who they can sell to individually? If so that's awesome.
>>
>>30726467
*their
My bad
>>
>>30726380
The security guard was not a police officer, he was a civilian with a concealed carry permit
>>
Do any Americans know any European immigrants who own guns? What do they do and how did they get there.
>>
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20574246/east-ridge-home-intruder-stopped-by-armed-residents
You can usually find stories, but you have to go local. Here's a story from Tenn.
>Guy knocks on door, demands entry
>Get gun, warn trespasser.
>Man punches door window, goes for doorknob.
>Husband fights to keep door locked, wife calls 911.
>More glass breaks.
>Shot fired at door.
>Neighbor called, engages with gun holstered.
>Trespasser approaches neighbor, neighbor draws.
>Trespasser decides to sit on the porch and wait for the cops instead.

>>30726471
US law 101:
Federal > State > Local

States must abide by federal law, and may make additional restrictions (within constitutional limits). Local is much the same, but with the added requirement of having to abide by state law.
>>
>>30726358
Hello Yurobro. Just some legal advice.

I dont know what country do you live in, but in most cases you can only have pistols for sporting porpouses. That means that you cannot have the gun loaded at home and usually you have to keep it inside an homologated safe. There can be home inspections or if you use it to defend yourself you will be into trouble probing you had time to pick the gun from the safe etc.

On the other hand, many countries have less restrictive laws regarding the storage of shotguns or even rifles. Check your local laws. If you are not required to keep the shotgun inside a closed safe, buy a shotgun.
>>
>>30726395
I heard lifetime memberships are 300 but someone else said its $1800

Which is it?
>>
>>30726358
That's going to be pretty difficult to do for 2 reasons. 1) if the guy gets killed early enough, we'll never know if he was just a murderer or a lunatic *sometimes.* 2) is the big one, when these things happen it's usually barely covered in the media if at all. It doesn't fit the media's narrative in the US
>>
File: Vz.61 Scorpion .32 ACP.jpg (1MB, 2418x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Vz.61 Scorpion .32 ACP.jpg
1MB, 2418x1944px
>>30726402
As long as you have been a resident for 90 days, you should be able to own a gun in all states, with whatever other laws apply for the states in question.

Of course, things like carry, NFA items and the like can be different. You'll want a greencard either way.
>>
>>30729493
I thought it was a federally required thing to have background checks for all gun purchases? And by extension that guns can only be sold to permanent residents/citizens.
>>
>>30726358
>How many times a citzen with his own weapon prevented or reacted to a terrositic attack?

About as many times as they are present for it. 1-3% IIRC because that's the percent of people in the population who carry. Cite: teh recent FBI report on mass shootings.
>>
>>30731932
Yeah, mass shootings aren't really too common, guns are mostly used to stop robbers, rapists and other thugs.
>>
Had a house in my neighborhood rented by some guys from Jamaica. Suddenly lots of burglaries, pilferage, aluminum deck furniture vanishing, bikes, tools, mowers out of car ports vanishing etc for the next couple of months.

Lady has guy break into her bedroom while she is watching TV in front room three houses down from me.

Four days later I wake up one night and someone is forcing a window into my house. Get gun, call 911 Waiting for guy to get inside.
Chamber round when window is partially open. Sudden stopping of motion at window, motion away, sudden running thru yard when police cars pull up in front of house.

Not news worthy enough to get mention in paper.

Owner of rental house has a few residents talk to him on the side, he decides time to give 30 days notice to renters, seems he will have completely redo the plumbing and roof on house... so sorry...

A month later no more crime, no pilferage, peace returns....

Someone was willing to break into my house while I was noticeably there, to say the gun was unneeded would be a lie IMOHO. It took police 20+ min to get to me. Nowadays I would of done the same thing but I would used phone to take pic and send it out while I was watching him open the window.

As time passed the boldness increased on the crime.

(Incidentally I am reminded of what I am hearing from German friends about the refugee crime problem.)
>>
>>30733117
Honestly you should almost have ventilated him and then just claimed you thought he reached for a weapon.
>>
>>30733353
Had to wait till he was completely inside.

The intimidation factor of a firearm stops a lot of stuff. Criminals are into easy and low risk actions.
>>
>>30733631
I know that, but I was thinking you could have saved society some headache with his criminal ways.
>>
>>30726424
Not OP here, but VERY similar situation, Biology major w/Pre-medical, damn good grades...I'd sure appreciate an anon's views on some colleges/unis.
>>
File: image.jpg (449KB, 2048x844px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
449KB, 2048x844px
>>30726358
These were on another thread were an anon absolutely btfo a poltard
>>
File: image.jpg (589KB, 2048x1160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
589KB, 2048x1160px
>>30733706
>>
File: image.jpg (472KB, 2048x868px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
472KB, 2048x868px
>>30733715
>>
>>30733725
>>30733706
posted the same image twice.
>>
>>30731913

All purchased made at or from an FFL require a background check but private sales between regular citizens do not require one.

Expect to have to sign a bill of sale though, or maybe be asked to get a check anyway despite that. The media really likes to paint it as "The Gun Show Loophole" even though it's not even really a loophole.
>>
>>30733980
the first stories are the same, the other two are different
>>
File: heat3.jpg (248KB, 824x342px) Image search: [Google]
heat3.jpg
248KB, 824x342px
>>30733706
>79yrs old
>goes to ATT store with kill list and .357
how fucking weird. thats insane
>>
File: mfw.png (826KB, 584x623px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
826KB, 584x623px
>>30733715
based Jeanne
>>
>>30729608
You are from germany, right?
>>
>>30729629
depends, at the moment they average 1000, but I heard they had an event where you could get it for 500
>>
>>30726395
just read the most recent section in the magazine I got, a lot of good sheepdogs doing damn good work.

One was a disabled vietnam vet who protected himself
>>
>>30738324
care to show the story?
>>
>>30726358
Terrorist attack specifically? I wrote up like 5 examples after the Paris bombing, I really should have screenshot it. Anyways here is one of the most prominent, when a guy with a .38 revolver stopped multiple terrorists with automatic rifles and grenades.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_James_Church_massacre
>http://www.wnd.com/2008/07/70372/
>>
>>30738372
"Being confined to a wheelchair doesn't mean you can't protect yourself, as a case in Georgia indicates. A disabled Vietnam veteran used a gun to fend off a home intruder after the interloper had forced his way into the veteran's home, Georgia Bureau of Investigation authorities said. The homeowner shot when the outsider lunged toward him after gaining entry to the residence. The bullet hit the suspect in the chest. The bad guy ran away after being shot, but he collapsed outside the home and was pronounced dead after being taken to a nearby hospital."
>>
>>30726358
Chech out your local weapons laws.
If you are German, you might want to consider a hunting license. And get a double barrel shotgun.
As German hunting laws only allow for a fixed magazine in the rifle with a max. 2 round capacity.
Or look at the rules that apply for sportshooters.

You are completely right about the kneejerk reaction from the politicians.
That Iranian guy who murdered all those people in Munchen had a Glock with the serial number filed off. So it's an illegally acquired weapon.
Nothing laws could prevent.
>>
The main reason you don't hear about it is;

a) terrorists target non-gun zones (as do mass shooters in america)

b) on paper someone drawing a gun and shooting someone then being shot doesn't look like a mass shooting being stopped
>>
There are never mass attacks, because the gun carriers drop em before it becomes a mass attack...just think about it, it isn't difficult
>>
>>30726358
Is it possible to just buy a gun from a private seller if you're a foreign student or a tourist or whatever?

Let's say I'm a Europoor who goes to a university. Can I just go to a gunshow or call some guy from armslist and buy a gun from him at a McDonalds parking lot?
>>
>>30739037
If you're a resident, you probably can.

Not everyone knows this though, so you might not be able to find some people to sell it to you.

Like, you have to be 21 to buy a pistol from an FFL, but you only have to be 18 to own one, not everyone knows this, so often someone will refuse to sell you their pistol even though it isn't illegal for you to own it or buy it.
>>
>>30739370
So, if I'm white, and looks older than 21 and speak English fluently it shouldn't really be a problem?
>>
>>30738422
Hes got it from the darknet... now all the bloody politicians are calling for a tightening of gun laws... fuck this country, i wanted to get my first gun around next year...
>>
>>30726402
>but I'm not scared of terror happenings since I live in an irrelevant country.
Britain?
>>
>>30728301
I knew one, but she's a Russian mafia princess which is probably not the data point you're looking for.
>>
>>30733706
Part of me really wants to find out that Baer was carrying a Baer.
>>
>>30737395
Every time I've had to deal with time Warner customer service they've been excellent. I wonder if it's for self preservation.
>>
>>30726358
Attacks that get stopped usually don't make the papers. It does happen though. We don't really have terrorist attacks here though, its usually just some lone nutjob who is mad because he can't get laid.
>>
>>30726402
Most states you just need to be a legal resident. A state issued ID (like a drivers license) and a utility bill with your name on it should do the trick.
>>
>>30729629
The NRA is just a GOP shill group, don't give those faggots money.
>>
>>30731913
Yeah, thats basically one form that you fill out. Being foreign won't fail a BGC.
>>
>>30740858
says the hillary shill

NRA is largest and most influential 2nd group faggot
>>
>>30726358
It's not really widely reported most times, because nothing happened if it was stopped before it began.

But yes, there are certainly instances of that happening.
>>
>>30726358
The jew media doesn't tell us when that happens, it has happened before
>>
File: 1467654841793.gif (603KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1467654841793.gif
603KB, 320x240px
>>30738401
The fucking swine that committed that massacre were granted amnesty by the "truth and reconciliation commission" fuck it must make your blood boil to be a south African.

Also note that the attackers originally intended to throw four petrol bombs in to the church but, as a result of being shot at by the 38 special, fled before they had a chance. Imagine how many peoples lives that dude saved.
>>
>>30740824
>We don't really have terrorist attacks here though
Orlando, Boston, San Bernardino, blm killing cops in Dallas/BT
Yeah sure.
>>
>>30733706
This is basically the same thread, possibly by the same poster.
>>
>>30726358
I know it happened at least once here in my hometown of Moore Oklahoma. Muslim nig-nog decided to go on a rampage and decapitate victims at his old job. Guy who owned the business was actually a sheriff of some sort, and an AR-15 in his trunk. Needless to say the nigger got perforated before he could kill anyone else.

Search for Alton Nolen if interested.
>>
Shortly after the aurora theater shooting , a man got into an argument with his girlfriend at a theater strip center, in san antonio texas, at a chinese food restaurant.
The fight grew more intense as it moved to the parking lot, where the girl thought it wise to walk away, and walked into the theater. The boyfriend yelled back that he was going to grab his gun and come into the theater and start shooting everyone. He anounced it loudly and frequently enough to catch the attention of a concealed carry holder. After he grabbed his pistol and openly walked towards the theater, gun in hand, one shot rang out as he opened the door.
It was to the back of his head.
No one else was injured

Never made headline news
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.