[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shool me on the Sako Model 85 and Tikka T3/x

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

File: Sako-bavarian.jpg (15KB, 755x150px) Image search: [Google]
Sako-bavarian.jpg
15KB, 755x150px
Haaaay /k/

I have a Sako M39 I very much enjoy shooting. If I had to sum it up I would say it is a very well built, utilitarian rifle in a beautiful wood stock.

I want to find the most similar modern interpretation of it. My M39 is fairly shot out and I want to preserve what capability is left for the odd special occasion 10-20-40 years from now when I want to bless somebody I care about with a really special day at the range.

.308 is my round of choice. I have been eyeing the Sako 85 (Classic/Hunter/Bavarian) and Tikka T3x (Forest and Hunter). The lack of irons on the Tikkas and Sako Classic bother me, is remedying this as easy as a couple hundred dollars and a trip to the local gunsmith?

Am I being silly by looking at Sako and Tikka? Should I just go with a Remmy 700?

The goal here is to have a incredibly pleasant range gun with accuracy that never holds me back. I have other Semis, this is just about the fun that only a bolt gun can provide.
>>
File: 20160519_172154.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160519_172154.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I think I have one of those.
Neat.
Sako is set to come out with a new lightweight .308 hunting rifle btw.
>>
i cant help you op, but the t3x forest in 308 is the exact model im currently looking at. the only place i can find it "in stock" is gunbroker, and all of those listings say stuff like "pay first, then we'll have to order it".
too new i guess
>>
File: 20160718_234407_HDR.jpg (564KB, 1311x738px) Image search: [Google]
20160718_234407_HDR.jpg
564KB, 1311x738px
CZ 550 FS .308

Forged receiver, controlled feed, no MIM parts, hammer forged 1/12in twist barrel.

This is the last true Mauser made, aside from Mauser brand Mauser 98s which are $5,000.
>>
The stock comb on the Tikka T3 may not be conductive to iron sights due to the resting position of your eye above the bore axis. If you're in Europe, check out the Battue versions; if you're in the US, you probably don't want to bother because they're practically never imported.

If you're big on the iron sights for a bolt action 308, look at the CZ 550 series (particularly the FS mannlicher). I would recommend going with a Tikka T3 and throwing a scope on it though; iron sights do have a place (ie; lever action .45-70), but on a hunting/plinking 308, you're likely going to want to go out farther then you're capable without magnification (maybe not though, that's your decision).
>>
File: megamind-2.jpg (59KB, 615x461px) Image search: [Google]
megamind-2.jpg
59KB, 615x461px
>Shool

Megamind, you know very well that felons can't own guns!
>>
>>30676088
>>30676077
The CZ 550 FS was totally off the radar. I like the idea of having an old Sako and a new Sako but branding by itself doesn't bring me joy. Doing some homework on the CZ...

I am in the US btw.

>>30676109
>I am point out that you misspelled 'School' in the thread subject
FUCK.
>>
>>30676181
I think it's an amazing gun. If you're sure you want to shoot iron sights, that's the one I'd recommend by far. Neat designs and (in my opinion) something to be proud to hand down in addition to the Sako. If you're wanting to spend more money, the next best thing to get is similar to your existing rifle; the Sako Bavarian 85, or the Sauer 202 Stutzen Elegance for serious heirloom tier stuff.
>>
>>30676181

I wouldn't have bothered pointing it out if I couldn't make it a reference to something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzTyvC2zHQE
>>
File: s-202-se.png (70KB, 1200x360px) Image search: [Google]
s-202-se.png
70KB, 1200x360px
>>30676253
>Sauer 202 Stutzen Elegance
this may be the most beautiful bolt gun I have ever seen in life
>>
>>30675875
>Should I just go with a Remmy 700?

Fucking never
>>
The Sako is simply put the absolute best factory hunting rifle these is. They are beautiful, well made, will shoot under .75 MOA all day, hold their value and you will get true pride of ownership of this rifle. If this video doesnt get you barred up, nothing will: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaev59eo634
>>
>>30675875
Buying a bolt gun that accurate and using it for exclusively irons is like putting a turbo and tune on a car, but leaving the stock intake and exhaust
>>
>>30676422
>The Sako is simply put the absolute best factory hunting rifle these is

While I absolutely love Sako, there are a lot of companies that make even more accurate hunting rifles, but they cost double, triple, and even higher
They are still factory guns though
>>
>>30676077
Winchester Model 70, dumbass
>>
The Tikka T3 is a bloody good rifle for the price range it's in.

Get it.
>>
>>30676449
this. or a cz 550. something controlled feed.
>>
>>30676492
controlled feed is a meme
>>
>>30676523

I'd argue it's more important than the cock on closing/cock on opening argument.
>>
>>30676422
how small does your penis have to be to hunt bear just for the sake of hunting bear?
>>
>>30676432
I've got other rifles where I can sit there blasting away dimes @100 yards all day.

My first rife was the Sako and the irons are for nostalgia. On a really, really good day for me I want to know the rifle isn't holding me back in the least, that is representing exactly how good I am on that day.
>>
>>30676538
Sako style pivoting extractor is the future
Almost all semi autos use it
>>
>>30676568
I'd do it for the revenant style bear poncho.
But as a general rule i don't shoot if i won't eat it.
>>
>>30676589
>irons are for nostalgia

Then you're a fag
>>
>>30676538
There is no argument considering no major rifle manufacturers produce cock on close rifles in 2016
>>
>>30676609
Baby, don't be that way
>>
>>30676568
>>30676597
you faggot numale "ethical hunters" need to be gassed

Do what you want, but I'm so sick and tired of you faggots crying fowl when I blast a squirrel or a coyote and leave it where it lays
>>
File: eyebrows.gif (922KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
eyebrows.gif
922KB, 400x225px
>>30676624
I'll show you my cock on close
>>
>>30676649
I don't give a fuck about a coyote, I just care about something that actually was rare/ could have been a good viable food source

inb4 >i eaats dems squrrels and coyotes dems good eattens

I don't want parrasites
>>
>>30676675
>that actually was rare/

A little nigger bear walked around my yard 2 weeks ago and tried to go in my garbage
When I opened the door it stared at me so I said "what do you think you're doing, you can't go in my garbage" to which he responded with hiding behind a tree and waiting till I left to try again

Bears aren't fucking rare

And who's to say the guy in the video DIDN'T eat it?

And I never said I ate those piece of garbage

That bear if I don't eat it, will be eaten by something else
>>
>>30676726
I didn't say shit about bears being rare, that said really didn't seem warranted to shoot it, I mean we get bears here all the time and we just kinda shoo them off, unless they're really mad
>>
>>30676649
poncho anon here.
squirrels and coyotes are both varmint. blast away.
last year i found a young bull elk that someone shot and pretty much decapitated/scalped for the antlers, looked like they used a fucking sawzall or some shit.
but they left the rest just lying there, and elk meat is the preferred game meat imo. just wasteful.
it's not when people hunt predators, it's when they waste good game.
I'm considering wolf hunting next season, they are a problem here and kill elk herds for sport.
>>
>>30676766
you quite clearly said they were rare
I even quoted you
>>
>>30676826
you're assuming I was the guy you talked to before the post you quoted, that post was my first post, I'm neither pancho guy nor small penis man
>>
Can you guys create a side thread to sperg out about woodland creatures?

k thx
>>
>>30676854
>>30676766
>arguing about semetics
C'mon guys were getting off topic anne frankly it's getting annoying
>>
File: literallyfuckingwhat.png (126KB, 1203x931px) Image search: [Google]
literallyfuckingwhat.png
126KB, 1203x931px
>>30676854
>>
>>30676872
no no no, I mean I am >>30676675
but I am not >>30676597
or>>30676568

so I never argued that bears were fucking rare
>>
File: areyoubeingretarded.jpg (78KB, 813x960px) Image search: [Google]
areyoubeingretarded.jpg
78KB, 813x960px
>>30676905
>>>30676675
>I just care about something that actually was rare
>>30676905
>I never argued that bears were fucking rare
>>
File: meme-face-thinking.jpg (28KB, 471x367px) Image search: [Google]
meme-face-thinking.jpg
28KB, 471x367px
>>30676871
>anne frankly
>>
>>30676920
you are the only one inferring that bears are what I was referring to! when I wrote that, I had rhinos, elephants, tigers, y'know, exotic endangered big game in mind, not bears, what is your fucking obsession with bears!
>>
>>30676920
>I just care about something that actually was rare=/= I think bears are rare
>>
>>30676951
because I at no point had any way of knowing you were referring to something outside the scope of the current discussion
>>
>>30676993
unless I say " well unless it's rare like that bear" then in this case there is not enough context to say oh he means bears, and certainly not enough to go "you mean bears?" "no" "yes you fucking do!"
>>
Somebody needs to screencap this
>>
as someone whos also been looking at tikka and lives in the US, is it really true that its never imported? Will i have to settle with something else?
>>
>>30677010
>talking about killing bears
>then say I shoot coyotes
>say you don't care about coyotes, but something that was rare
>you cared about bears
>therefore I assumed you meant that bears were the rare thing you cared about

Again, I had no reason to believe you were referring to something outside the conversation
>>
>>30676077
>the last true Mauser

What is the Winchester Model 70?
>>
>>30677029
yeah but I wasn't part of that conversation, my conversation with you started from your post about nu male hunters
>>
>>30677073
nigger it doesn't fucking matter who you are

The conversation was about bears and then coyotes
When you/him/whoever the fuck respond in a way that appears that you are the person being replied to, and you denounce one thing, while not explicitly stating something DIFFERENT, it is implied you meant the stated thing

AS IN BEARS
>>
>>30677085
actually yeah it fucking does matter who I am because the internet isn't some huge hivemind that automatically knows your whole conversation
>>
Guys it got screencapped. You can stop.
>>
75 more better than 85
>>
>>30677028
I work in a gun shop in the US

We have about 60 Tikka rifles in stock along with 10-15 Sakos
>>
>>30676088

Provided you get a $2,000 one made by FN, rather than the cheap shit "Winchester" produced.
>>
Does anyone make a "standard" sporter bolt action rifle that takes either AICS or SR-25 .308 magazines?

The CZ is nice and all but the magazines are expensive, low-cap, and proprietary.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.