[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock "Safe" Action Trigger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: glock safety.png (444KB, 599x427px) Image search: [Google]
glock safety.png
444KB, 599x427px
So is it really safe?

Like if I got a glock for my first gun am I going to have a ND? It seems a little sketchy desu, am I just being a pussy about it?
>>
File: 1467743054120.png (704KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
1467743054120.png
704KB, 500x697px
>>30673667
Pussy faggot
>>
>>30673667
Your being a pussy.
I carry a g22 and can say that I have not had a ND.

I'll admit its hardly the best safety feature but it works.
>>
>>30673667
The only thing the "safe" action is, is a drop safety, and it is very good at that.
>>
>>30673667
Glock is completely safe. Carry with confidence.
>>
>>30673667
Lol pussy
>>
>>30673667
check out the sig sp2022. it's a DA/SA so is got a very long and heavy initial trigger pull. it's also comparable in price and reliability to a Glock. the only downside is that the magazines are 35-40 bucks.
>>
>>30673711
>>30673727
>>30673698

Ok guise, anyway I have a glock it's my first gun and everything, I got it about a week ago and I carry with the trigger cocked but empty chamber to see if I accidently depress the trigger while fucking around and I haven't yet.

I still leave it on the desk and shit with the chamber empty for now though, we'll see how it goes. Also I would obviously have a completely enclosed triggerguard if I get a holster.

I am pretty confident in not being retarded enough to pull the trigger, but some posters that I assume could be shitposting are always like "muh no safety= ND"
>>
Use a holster that covers the trigger and don't take it out unless you're going to shoot someone.

You'll be fine.
>>
>>30673667
If you don't think you are capable of not accidentally shooting yourself or someone else, with or without a safety, you should seriously reconsider buying a firearm. Save your money for a bicycle helmet, and get a comfy one since you should probably be wearing it at all times.
>>
>>30673667
jew carry if you are so scared
>>
>>30673667
>Like if I got a glock for my first gun am I going to have a ND?
If you pull the trigger, it will fire.
If you don't pull the trigger (or pretty much anything besides bake it in an oven at 1200F), it won't fire.
If that is too complicated for you, then don't get a gun.
>>
>>30673879
this. If you have a ND with a modern striker fired handgun you need to go ahead and kill yourself because it takes 100% user error to have a ND with one.
>>
>>30673828
jew carry?
>>
>>30674213

nothing chambered
>>
>>30674213
Keep it in the sack that contains your Jew gold.
>>
File: 1460946202311.png (2MB, 1177x783px) Image search: [Google]
1460946202311.png
2MB, 1177x783px
Honestly I wish Glock made them with an optional thumb safety.
>>
>>30673879

>If you don't pull the trigger ... it won't fire.
Want me to post a bunch of stories of people's glocks going off without them pulling the trigger, or are you just going to retract this statement?
>>
>>30674345
>Want me to post a bunch of stories of people's glocks going off without them pulling the trigger

yes
>>
>>30674367

Alright, we'll do it the hard way.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/robert-farago/windbreaker-drawstring-triggers-glock-negligent-discharge/
Here's the first one.
>>
People get way to aggressive about a round in the chamber. After I've had a close call I always try to keep my gun hot, and go by the philosophy ill only pull out to shoot. Just make sure your holster is gold.
>>
>>30674392
>make sure your holster is gold.
this

skimping on a handgun holster is like skimping on your rifle glass. only an idiot would do it.
>>
>>30674384
So, you're saying the trigger wasn't touched at all, and the gun went off?
>>
>>30674384

Not that poster.

The trigger was pressed and the holster was a worn pile of ass Galco piece of shit.
>>
>>30674428

Use your critical thinking skills to examine the statement I objected to, the story I posted, and then try again.
>>
>>30674345
>inb4 you post the fucktard who used baseball glove softener on his already soft-tuck suede holster, along with the NYPD guy who filed down his striker to get his trigger weight down from 14#'s, and the test where they were chucking them 25feet in the air and distance sideways
>>
>>30674434

My bad. That's a separate incident. Moral of the story: lol Galco.
>>
>>30673667
I own a glock like gun with the trigger safety, but i wouldn't carry it, I'd get something with a heavy double action pull or a manual. The P7 is probably the best carry gun ever designed but i wouldn't carry one because of how expensive and rare they are.
>>
>>30674434

>The trigger was pressed
Yes. The statement I objected to was

>>If you don't pull the trigger ... it won't fire.

Now what is the difference between 'a trigger being pressed" and 'you pulling the trigger'?
Think about it and get back to me.
>>
I never liked how glockenspiels feel in the hand.
>>
>>30674465

Again, not that poster; I'm new to the thread. I will say this: you're skirting the edge of autistic by picking out that phrasing, even if I wouldn't have used said phrasing myself. The intent was clear.
>>
>>30674420
>>30674392
>>30674434

What's a good holster for the glock 19 boys? Is there such thing as a good one that can be worn inside or outside the waistband?
>>
>>30674446
>the NYPD guy who filed down his striker to get his trigger weight down from 14#'s
lel
>>
File: 1455021836729.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455021836729.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>30674442
You cheeky cunt.

The guy you're arguing with said that the gun would not go off unless the trigger was pulled. The gun in the article you mentioned went off because the guy failed to holster it properly, so it doesn't contradict his statement.

I will admit however that you said you would post incidents where glocks went off without their "users" pulling the trigger.
>>
>>30674511

>Again, not that poster; I'm new to the thread.
That's not relevant to my post.

>I will say this: you're skirting the edge of autistic by picking out that phrasing,
Or maybe you still fail to understand the point I'm making?

>>If you don't pull the trigger ... it won't fire.
I see this statement, or one very similar posted every single time Glock NDs come up.
And it's a misleading lie. There are plenty of things that can, and often DO pull the trigger and cause the gun to fire.
This statement gives the impression that you have more control in those situations then you really do, and I'm getting really sick of this fallacy coming up again and again.
>>
>>30674570

>The guy you're arguing with said that the gun would not go off unless the trigger was pulled.
I stopped reading your post here.
Reread what was said and try again.
>>
>>30673667
If you buy a non shit holster and keep your finger off the fucking trigger than you will not ND

That said, don't buy a glock
>>
>>30674609
see
>>30674384
ND caused by windbreaker drawstring.
>>
>>30673667

Yes, it is safe to carry a Glock chambered. It will not fire unless the trigger is pressed.

Thus it's up to you to make sure you don't ND, by not allowing the trigger to be pressed while a round is chambered.

That means don't touch the trigger.

Be conscious of it when holstering.

Use a holster that covers the trigger completely.

Always check the chamber before disassembly or dry fire practice.

The same rules as if you were using a gun that had a safety, really.

Bottom line, carry how you're comfortable. If you don't want to carry with a round chambered, you better practice (empty) drawing and racking the slide until it's automatic to you.
>>
>>30674628
Train harder then I suppose or don't wear clothes with dangly shit

Or don't buy a glock
>>
>>30674628
having a string pull the trigger would effect any gun without a manual safety
>>
>>3067459
You win this time.
>>
>>30674653

>The same rules as if you were using a gun that had a safety, really.
A gun that has a safety engaged doesn't go off when the trigger is pressed though.
>>
>>30674661
>Or don't buy a glock
Bingo

>>30674666
No kidding
>>
>>30674628
>Your birth caused by condom breaking.
Damn shame too, there are already enough autistic shitposters here, not including you.

Go be a "Limited Warranty" contract writer somewhere else. I hear the people who make foam helmets for kids like yourself are seeking new employees in their disclaimer dept.
>>
>>30673667

>am I going to have a ND

Idk, are you a braindead faggot? Then you might have a ND with a water pistol.
>>
>>30674570
I bet his recommendation is gonna be CZ75b
>>
>>30674525

There are way too many good choices to list, but almost anything kydex that happens to be-well-known is bound to be at least decent. Raven, CCC, Cane & Derby, among others. If you're looking for leather, Milt Sparks has quite the reputation, but also probably has lead times measured in star lifetimes.

>>30674580

Oh, you're one of those people.

I understood the "point" you were "making" and I brushed it aside as fucking irrelevant because it's stupid as shit. The point I was making, which you "still fail to understand," is that your point was stupid as shit and you know full well that poster meant the general case of avoiding allowing the trigger to be pressed, not just by the user. Not allowing foreign objects to enter the trigger guard is presumably implied here.

Autist.
>>
>>30673667
Literally cannot fire unless you pull the trigger. If the gun discharges then it's completely your fault.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I CC my Glock 29 through all kinds of shit, I actually CC innawoods because OC'ing it used to get hung up on stuff. I trip, fall, jump, climb, run and mine has never ND'd. I came down this hillside because everywhere else was a cliff.
>>
>>30674701

Aw, little baby didn't have an argument, huh?
:^)
>>
>>30674741

>people making misleading, lying, posts are irrelevant because I disagree with you

lol alright then
>>
>>30674810
>blah blah blah misleading lying

You know full fucking well what he meant you unwashed autist. Nobody is retarded enough to believe that he meant -

- oh, right. Well, there's you, I guess. Carry on.
>>
>>30674810
Just so you know, there are two of us posting here who think you are a waste of human flesh, who also think you are autistic as fuck. go back to ledddit.
>>
>>30674857

Hell, I thought it was three.

Extra irony is that something like 80% of the handguns I like have active safeties.
>>
I really do not understand the concept of the question "Is ----- gun good for me, I skurd of a ND" If you are saying a non-external safety is going to keep you from having a ND, you are admitting you are going to pull the trigger - with a round chambered - when you don't mean to, and you need a safety mechanism to counter your tardation. They are called NEGLIGENT DISCHARGES because the user was NEGLIGENT in their handling of the firearm, not because the firearm decided to shoot.
>>
OP here, didn't mean to start a shitstorm.

I don't even know what you guys are arguing about

Anyways how much should I spend on a holster? I'd rather not go over like $80
>>
>>30674843

>You know full fucking well what he meant you unwashed autist.
No, sorry, I forgot to plug in my crystal ball and the battery died. It's charging right now.
When someone uses language, I expect them to mean what they say.

>>30674857
Funnily enough, you posted just far apart enough to be the same person.
But I always knew I was outnumbered by people with poor reading comprehension skills, so you're probably right.
:-]
>>
I once had an ND with a Glock into a room full of people. I was an idiot for trying to spin it. Luckily it was an airsoft.
>>
File: lol80.jpg (10KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
lol80.jpg
10KB, 185x185px
>>30674843
>"hurr! anon, nobody thinks that you pulling the trigger is the only cause of an ND!!"
see
>>30674885
>you are admitting you are going to pull the trigger - with a round chambered - when you don't mean to,

mfw
>>
>>30674896
>When someone uses language, I expect them to mean what they say.

You know, this was exactly the problem I thought you were having and the reason I told you were skirting autism in my first post, right? Please take this from one autist to another, from someone who does their very best to be precise as possible in their own phrasing when communicating with others, even when said careful disambiguation doesn't work some of the time:

Fuck you very much. You are doing absolutely nobody any favors.

>>30674890

$80 is at LEAST as much as you should be paying.

>>30674927
>being smug because someone is specifically talking about the case where an inexperienced shooter doesn't trust themselves enough not to be actually retarded

Brand new forms of autism online, systems functional.
>>
>>30674999

>when another anon was losing an argument, I stepped in without saying anything and seamlessly took up the argument only to later say I'm a different person, because this somehow makes me less retarded to supporting a retarded argument
>btw, the first anon disappeared mysteriously too
>but I'm a different person! that matters!

>I also clearly had no idea what error I was making, as evidenced by the fact that i didn't begin to address that until several posts later
>LOL JK I KNEW WHAT YOU WERE SAYING THE WHOLE TIME!

>I am winning this argument!

>>being smug because someone is specifically talking about the case where an inexperienced shooter doesn't trust themselves enough not to be actually retarded
I was smug because of how quickly you were proven wrong, but it's okay, I know you've got terrible reading comprehension skills. ;^)
>>
WHY DOES IT EVEN HAVE THAT THING IN THE TRIGGER?
WHAT KIND OF ND COULD A TRIGGER IN A TRIGGER AVOID???
>>
>>30675067
>>btw, the first anon disappeared mysteriously too
First anon here, I simply don't find it worth my time to argue with a fucktard. GG no-re
>>
>>30675067

I didn't know REEEEE was real. I have now learned better.

>when another anon was losing an argument

There was barely an argument. You decided to take someone stressing that Glock triggers shouldn't be pressed and took them as specifically saying it could only possibly be done by the user, because you are autistic.

You will note that every one of the responses to your counter-"evidence" post were speaking of the general case.

>I also clearly had no idea what error I was making, as evidenced by the fact that i didn't begin to address that until several posts later

You mean that very fucking post where I told you that by being extremely picky about his phrasing you were making yourself out to be a worthless autist with zero mental flexibility?

>I was smug because of how quickly you were proven wrong

Because of a post that isn't what we're talking about? Even though he ends up being generally correct in the end by stressing negligent firearms handling, which would most certainly include letting foreign objects enter the trigger guard, or continuing to press into service old worn holsters?

>>30675129

I feel like I should have followed your lead, love. This feels kind of disgusting, in the "having to be in the physical presence of a snot-spewing self-congratulatory preteen special needs child" type of way.
>>
>>30674525
outside: safariland. accept no substitute.
inside: cheapest i'd go would be something like alien gear.
>>
It's just a fact that you're more likely to discharge your weapon when you didn't mean to if you don't have a manual safety.

Is it because you handled the gun like a retard? Probably.

Is is more likely to go off with no contact to the trigger than one with a manual safety? No.

It all comes down to how "ready" you are willing to be. I personally have a CZ because I liked the grip angle a lot more. I carry it cocked and locked. I draw it from my holster and switch the safety in one movement and it hadn't added time on how long it takes me to draw and acquire on the target.

This doesn't apply to all people or all guns. Some guns have the safety in a retarded location so it will take longer.

Carrying a Glock with a round in the chamber is fine, but you will have to make extra sure you don't fuck up when you're moving it.

My only question for the Glock people is why they have a trigger safety at all and what it does since practically anything that can pull the trigger can pull the trigger safety as well.
>>
File: Trigger-Old.jpg (18KB, 300x202px) Image search: [Google]
Trigger-Old.jpg
18KB, 300x202px
>>30675079
The trigger safety works as a drop safety. The trigger safety rotates so it won't depress if you drop the gun. You'd have to frisbee it to defeat the safety. It only works if the safety pivots approximately around the center of mass though. The SR9 had a trigger safety that got recalled because they didn't balance the rotating bit so momentum could still pull the trigger if you dropped it.
>>
>>30673667
> asks a pack of rabid glock fanbois if glock is the greatest
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.