[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live In in the mountains of VA, and I have an experience. We

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: FB_IMG_1468863496891.jpg (128KB, 1135x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468863496891.jpg
128KB, 1135x640px
I live In in the mountains of VA, and I have an experience. We a 140 pound pitbull/bull mastiff mix that we keep outside on nice nights. Well one night i hear him hollering and screaming, so I run and grab my bear gun loaded with slugs, because we have a lot of black bears and run out to grab him. We keep him chained up in our treeline because he likes it. Now mind you, this is a monster of a dog, we give him car tires to shred for toys. I get over to his area and cant find him, at this point I'm super on edge and it's wicked dark out. I hear him whimpering and find him hiding under a bush, he had tried to dig a hole under it, paws were bloody, face covered in dirt, and that's when I see it. About 20 feet away going up the hillside I can make out the shape of something that had to have been pushing 7 feet tall. Spindly as shit with a tiny head. I come close to shifting my pants, level my shotgun, and fire off 5 slugs as quickly as I can. I hear a scream, and before I can reload I hear whatever it was take off through the brush. Now I'm a good shot, and I sure as duck didn't miss at 20 feet with a 12g. At that point I'm on the verge of losing it, so I unleash my dog, and he hauls ass inside. Bout an30 minutes later our closest neighbor pulled into the driveway to see what was going on, as neither of us shoot after dark. I told him what had happened, and he mentioned that the past couple of nights someone or something had been letting the air out of his tires. The next day him and I head out on my property looking for a trace of whatever it was, and all we found was some routes out rope near a rocky outcropping along with a busted up bear skull with meat still on it. I don't go into my acreage now unless it's daytime, and I take my super Blackhawk with me. What do you guys think? Do I have something lurkin?
>>
>>30669431
>Do I have something lurkin?
Nope, probably just passin' through. You've got nothing to worry about, /k/omrade, why don't you put a hammock up in the woods for the night the next time it's nice out?
>>
>>30669431
NIGGER DOG
>>
>>30669652
^ This

who would want a nigger dog?
"muh pit, he dindu nuffins"
>>
>>30669431

Are you claiming you shot a young Bigfoot, but it shrugged off your slugs? I'm having difficulty translating your wall of text.
>>
Hills of VA*
There are no mountains out east.
>>
It's possible. You should get a few game cameras, and regularly check your land for signs of beastly debauchery. (In the daytime, or course)
>>
+1 for game cams. Adrenaline can do weird things to the brain and body, so maybe the height was a little off. I'd keep doggo inside for now, and maybe install a floodlight to spook anything that gets too close.
>>
>>30669686
>what is Appalachia.
nice try though.
>>
VA here, living in a hollow. I don't go outside after the sun goes down.
>>
File: 1465438051496.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465438051496.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
>>30669431
Oh fuck. Got a wendigo going about the place. Go get some pipe and make a punt gun. Only way to make sure short of nuking the place from orbit.
>>
Don't keep your dog outside
>>
wheres the pictures?
where the proof and timestamp?
>>
File: Barns_grand_tetons.jpg (817KB, 1600x1195px)
Barns_grand_tetons.jpg
817KB, 1600x1195px
>>30670788
they're hills bud
>>
>>30669431
Can you describe the creature in greater detail?
The spindly part makes me think it might be skinwalker, but that's pretty much impossible in Appalachia. Perhaps goatman or dogman? There are Bigfoot in that area though, but I've never heard of them attaching dogs.
>>
>>30669431
What part of va? Sounds neat. I'm pretty tired of sterling and all that's close to dc..
>>
>>30669652
>>30669669
Why are you dumbasses shitting on this guys dog? Sure pits are popular with nigs and they aren't the best family dogs, and require more training than most but if you know what your doing you have one of the most loyal guard dogs out there.

I don't own a pit or mastiff, nor do I plan on doing so, but as long as you understand that it's not the same as owning lab and don't try to treat it as such, you will have a damn good dog.
>>
>>30670928
>by this logic, only the largest mountain in the world is a mountain.

our mountains are just old is all.
>>
>>30671182
Sorry I'm realizing that needed to be proofread a little better, but I'm in Finland right now and it's midnight. Though my point still stands I promise to refrain from posting in the middle of the night from here on out.
>>
File: 1456555407162.jpg (69KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1456555407162.jpg
69KB, 1024x768px
>>30671196
m8 the fucking city of Santa Fe is higher than the highest Appalachian "mountain" by over 500 feet.

They're not mountains.
>>
>>30669431
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>30671523
so altitude above sea level determines mountains?
what about undersea mountains?
>>
>>30671523
The rest of the disagrees, anon. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_Mountains
>>
Zip?

I'm 24161, live on 62 acres, don't want to get ate.
>>
>>30669431
That picture looks familiar, are you the dude with the Christian cultist neighbors?
>>
>>30669686
make sure to use your brain the next time you post, it helps
>>
>>30673230
Story?
>>
>>30669431
Just borrowin ur wifi /k/omrade
>>
>>30671523
>i am a retard
>>
>>30669431
How much is land in Wyoming? I want to move there.
>>
>>30669431
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>30669551
>>
File: 1235009904704.jpg (335KB, 1089x1154px) Image search: [Google]
1235009904704.jpg
335KB, 1089x1154px
Tell me some more tails of /x/shit going on in your places, /k/.
>>
>>30671182
They do it because they're retarded and act the same way anti-gunners do about guns.

That's why.
>>
>>30676366
I was stuck in a cult camp (now defunct) in Montana for half a year. Between the social isolation from the true believers I was in with, the physical isolation, the lack of internet access, and dangerous levels of woo pushed at me I sort of lost my grip on reality for a while. There was a period of six weeks or so where I looked up past the hill behind the camp and would see Cthulhu looming there a mile tall if he was an inch. I had long conversations with him.

Later after I stopped seeing giant monsters that weren't there, I got to see a dog scare wild turkeys so badly that they ran tits first into an electric fence.
>>
>>30669431

I would post this over in /x/.

Anyways, I would keep the dog inside for a night or two and see if he returns to his prior behavior. If he is spooked, then something is outside. What exactly, I cannot determine from your description. A couple of trail cams wouldnt be a bad idea, as cryptids can see in the infrared spectrum and avoid those cams like the plague.

Stay armed, stay aware of your surroundings and with any luck, whatever it was will move on.
>>
>>30676956
i would drink beer with you
>>
>>30676956
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>30669431
If possible, Vietnamperate on that flesh eating son of a bitch. Though, for real bro, if you aren't bullshitting us here; that skull was a warning, and consult your local tribal shaman for getting White Ash to kill the fucker. High brass loads, use slugs after you've ground a little "hollow" into the nose, fill said hollow with a mix of wax and that "White Ash" to keep it in place.
>>
My zip is 24059, OPPO here
>>
>>30671012
I'm from sterling too.
>>
ITT: a paranoid inbred shoots his neighbor
>>
>>30678654
Sure.
>geography
Western Montana is one of the most beautiful places on Earth, but it's very, very sparsely populated. It was totally plausible to have an entire small mountain within your property without being Bond Villain levels of rich. This makes it easy for poor man's Bond villains, aka cult leaders, to set up compounds with no visible neighbors and very little chance of escapees making it to town.

>the cult
http://worldcultwatch.org/avatar-a-scientology-spin-off/
Yes it's just as crazy as it sounds, and it's a pyramid scheme to boot.

>the turkeys
Like many places in Montana, there was a large back yard with pretensions of being a working farm. One of those things was a horse that was kept around for the cult leader's daughter on rare occasions she chose to visit. The horse was kept within its paddock by an electric fence that was high enough off the ground for dogs to get under, but not the horse. In the fall there was a flock of at least 25 wild turkeys that moved through the area, tromping through the early snow like little fluffy theropod dinosaurs and picking broken or rotten vegetables out of the compost heap. The cult leader sicced the dogs on the turkeys for this one morning and the dumb birds immediately went to GOBBLECON 1, flapping and screaming and running around like the idiots they are. One of them attempted to take off and fly into the trees, but misjudged the launch vector (or just didn't see the fence) and ran into it sternum first. The damn thing sort of hovered in place for half a second twitching like a downie with Parkinson's trying to twerk before falling back to the ground, and successfully making a short awkward turkey flight into a pine tree.
>>
>>30679946
How did you end up there?
>>
>>30680466
At its heart the problem was false advertising and the sunk cost fallacy. I had been in wilderness therapy, which was eight to twelve weeks of a cross between a hippie therapy yoga retreat and backpacking over mountains in the Rockies. The cult camp was advertising itself as a transitional facility for teenagers and young adults going from that type of deep isolation therapy back to civilization. This was of course an enormous lie.

The woo cult shit didn't start until I'd been there for a month but by that point my parents had already sunk four grand into this place and wanted me to stick it out for the rest of the six months.
>>
>>30680466
I'm guessing wayward youth who's parents freaked and sent him away. Had a friend who was doing typical teen shit; staying out late, drinking smoke a little weed ect. One night he woke up to 3 guys from Utah in his room. They took him off to there for a few months. Bunch of cultish Christian shit went on he said.
>>
>>30680513
Nah it wasn't that bad. I'd had some wicked nasty depression my first year at college and tried offing myself. I wound up in a psych ward for a week and then got shipped off back to mom and dad. It was a few months later that I finally recovered enough to admit I needed to do something to get back to normal. I ended up flying out there on my own volition and had a good experience with the wilderness stuff. It was just the cult camp was fucking awful afterwards.
>>
>>30680542
Oh well shit. Glad you figured things out, anon. Tbh I would've hated it but good you didn't buy into what they were selling
>>
>>30680513
I'd cut contact with my family if they pulled that shit.
>>
Speaking of this incident in VA, anyone have a chance to read 'missing 411? Fantastic book written by a pro.
>>
>>30671182
>one of the best anything
This is the part of the speech i hate.
What fucking qualifies you to say that shit.
Everyone knows dogs need to be trained asshole, it doesnt matter what kind of dog it is if you ignore it. Guard dogs are all the same, my chow or officer barbrady's german shephard are going to guard every bit as good. If you train your dog right, you will have your 'one of the best' dog no matter the breed.
>>
>>30680642
Bait
>>
>>30670809
Whatcha scared of? Rocky mount here stop being a pussy.
>>30677243
What he said.
>>30679764
That's West Virginia
>>
>>30680726
Why bait..?
>>
>>30680778
BAIT
>>
>>30680810
What the fuck are you about book does exist
>>
>>30680837
>hey talk about book
BBBBBBBBAIT
>>
>>30669431
>something that had to have been pushing 7 feet tall. Spindly as shit with a tiny head.

>screamed when you shot it

sounds like you encountered a brazilian man.

There are two kinds, pic related and off-duty cops. As yours didn't shoot back, we can assume it's the former.
>>
>>30670928
you would have to dig down 2200 feet from the average elevation of tibet to be at the top of grand teton's summit.
>>
>>30680769
>Rocky Mount
>literally built on the flattest piece of land for miles

Was just out there today, had a craving for some Domino's.

It's weird seeing so many VA people in here. I live about 5 minutes south of the Smith Mountain Lake dam.
>>
>>30673230
The guy who had a large comound with fanatics living in it? said he was out hunting or something and the "leader" was at his vehicle when he walked up a few people surrounded him?
>>
>>30677243
> Implying it will forget.

Fool that you are to suggest otherwise. He must take precautions and apply the wards.
>>
take your gay ass roleplaying buttbudies the fuck back to /x/

>>30678655
this asshole included
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.