[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial Arts Effectiveness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (32KB, 309x476px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 309x476px
ITT: We put martial arts in order of effectiveness.
>>
> Gun kata
> Boxing
> Wrestling
> Everything else
>>
Street fighting > Everything else
>>
>>30666178
>boxing above wrestling

So what would a boxer do if someone tackles and pins him?
>>
>>30666159
Run Fu >>>> everything else
>>
>>30666215
I would do things you don't train for in those speedos with other slithering faggots
>>
>>30666220

Found the Frenchy.
>>
From best to worst
>.50 APIT
>.408SP
>.338 V-MAX
>7.62x54r APIT
>7.62x39 HE
>.30-06 M2 ball
>5.45 7N6 Enhanced
>5.56 Mk262
>.45 HP
>.357 Sig APIT
>9mm Raufoss
>BD Chad XL
>your mother
>this dick
>your bait
>>
From best to worst

>The guy who trains hard.
>The guy who talks endessly.
>>
>>30666240
Due to variability in results of different sample sizes, your dick was removed from this list.
>>
>>30666228
That sounds cute, also I don't wrestle, only attempting to understand your logic, which there isn't any.
>>
>>30666215
Don't get tackled. If you go to ground you're leaving yourself to being surrounded and having your head stomped in.
>>
>>30666299
What would a wrestler do if someone started punching him in the face?
>>
1. Having a gun
2. Having a knife
3. Having a blunt striking weapon
4. Any of the more popular hand to hand combat systems
>>
>>30666159
Judo+Tae kwon do is all you need if unarmed.
Otherwise just learn how to use a quarterstaff cause nothing beats a good old stick.

Stick>all

Spear =sharp stick
Bow =stick that shoots sharp sticks
Sword =sharp metal stick
Gun = metal stick that shoots metal sticks

Etc.
>>
>>30666215

pull out your cock and start humping

the confusion will open up for a nice straight or left hook
>>
>>30666159

Effectiveness at what? Under what conditions?
>>
>>30666215
What would a wrestler do if a boxer hooks him on the jaw? You could say this for any technique or martial art ever, the guy who hits first has the advantage.
>>
>>30666220
ya goofed it, it's Ru Na Wei
>>
File: 1468194944056.gif (3MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1468194944056.gif
3MB, 255x191px
>>30666178
>Gun kata

Hahaha no.

>>30666215
Yes goym, be on the ground while unaware his homies stomping in your face.

>>30666220
>Shotokan
Muh Niggah
>>
Gun > Run & gun > Boxing + some grappling for the worst case scenorio.

Boxing will get you good moves, stamina and observation which means you can open a way to run then gun. This will also make you a better dancer, which is the ladies.

And seriously, just confidence and knowing how to throw a punch will get you out alive of most fights. If the dude really wants you dead, you'd already be stabbed/shot from all directions.
>>
>>30666159
>Advanced rifle marksmanship.
>Basic rifle marksmanship.
>Modern technique of the pistol.
>Everything else.
>>
>>30666178
Even basic muay Thai fucks up boxing. Low kicks wreck boxers.
>>
>>30666215
Gouge his eyes out and then grab and squeeze his throat as hard as possible.
Which is pretty hard because deadlifts and farmers walks have given me crushing grip strength.
>>
>>30666159
I've sparred with my friends a lot over the years and growing up. I hate wrestlers man. Just punch in the face, it's less gay then laying on the ground with a dude on top of me. I don't ever want to do that again.
>>
Boxing + jewdo or other grappling.

If you throw a low kick vs multiple attackers you'll just give them time to swarm you.

With boxing you can punch while moving.
>>
File: 2.jpg (210KB, 800x842px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
210KB, 800x842px
Hokuto Shinken has been undefeated for 2000 years, why even ask.
>>
>>30666355
Cover up, clinch, pick you up, slam you neck first in concrete, proceed to ground and pound you to death while you're helpless
>>
>>30666624
It's a hell of a lot more likely the wrestler will get a hold off a boxer than the boxer score a one punch KO since even heavyweights rarely do that to themselves.

If it weren't for the referee in boxing separating people theyd end up clinch grappling. Except they don't know how
>>
>>30666183
>HURR DURR IMMA STREET FIGHTER

I'm willing to bet your local amatuer golden gloves boxer with a 2-3 record would knock your head of your shoulders.
>>
>>30666319
Ok, but sometimes going to the ground isn't your choice especially if you don't train takedown defense which, spoiler alert, boxers do not.
>>
>>30666624

stagger for a bit, remember to change levels at a more appropriate range now that he knows the boxer's reach, and shoot either a single or a double based on their appropriate stances.

the fact that you ask such a questions shows me you've never been on either end of a good takedown.
>>
>>30666957
If you don't double overhand >450 lbs without straps your grip is bad
>>
>>30666957

you may be some sort of autismal robot, but people tend to back away from the dudes trying to eyegouge them. plus as Yuki Nakai demonstrated, permanently blinding eye damage still isn't enough to take you out of a fight. and you have a minute or two of consciousness with an air choke based on oxygen levels in your lungs/blood.

look, the point of learning wrestling/judo/BJJ in a streetfight isn't to execute your sick 50/fifty sweep gameplan on the ground. it's so you know what to do if you end up there for whatever reason so you can get an opponent off of you, get to a more neutral/offensive position, and get back to your feet if needed.
>>
File: 1468864532672.gif (854KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1468864532672.gif
854KB, 352x240px
>>30666957
He's a wrestler. He's more physically fit than just some idiot who lifts weights and thinks he can crush a trained martial artist with his hands. He also knows how to control you.

He's in a way better position and skill wise ability to employ dirty tactics on you. Than You are to him. Especially once in a clinch or on the ground. Which is a very common place to be in a street fight.

As an MMA fighter I think everyone should study grappling and stirking. But those idiots like you who think they're going to win against a more physically fit, probably more functional strength, cardio bunny, flexible, fast, well coordinated fighter who's been working on control, distance, timing, and punching and kicking bags for hours a day with an "eye gouge and throat grab" are beyond reasoning with.

The only way you'll beat an MMA fighter in the street without a gun is by jumping him with a bunch of buddies or getting the drop on him and sucker punching him when he doesn't expect it.
>>
>>30666957
>T. Guy who's never been in a fight
>>
>>30666971
But they will put you there. Wether you care for it being gay or not. You'll end up there on the ground under them at their mercy.
>>
>>30666761

Mhm. Those leg sweeps can be brutal too.
>>
Krav Maga

Inb4 jewcuck
>>
>>30669898
If fighting games taught me anything, it's that I hate playing against good grapplers. Fuck Abel. And Gief.
>>
File: 1468684729606.png (381KB, 629x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468684729606.png
381KB, 629x768px
Does anyone actually fight? No LARPING faggots I mean actual fighters?
>>
>>30669921
Krav Maga doesn't work and there's plenty of articles online explaining why
>>
>>30669927
Yeah. With buddies its a game. But on the street its just a big nigger who bumrushed you and ended up on top of you after a clinch and some pushing and you both fell. And he's caving your head in with punches while in 5 seconds his pack will join in the piñata party sponsored by your head.

At best after that you'll end up in a wheel chair eating through a feeding tube your whole life.

At worst you die a brain damaged death. Had you trained in grappling you wouldn't have gone to the ground and if you did your get up instantly.
>>
>>30666159
>clinch grappling
>wrestling/submission fighting
>hitting things with hands
>hitting things with legs
>ones were both feet leaving the ground regularly
>>
File: FB_IMG_1463036467608.jpg (34KB, 628x587px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463036467608.jpg
34KB, 628x587px
>>30669947
Link one

>you're wrong but I won't cite my sources
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4
>>
1. Gun.
2. Baji Quan.
3. Whatever.
-75'000'000'000'000. Karate. The Dane cook of martial arts.
>>
>>30670042
Not him but here you go

https://fightingfitstone.com/2015/01/11/your-martial-art-sucks-why-its-dangerous-to-teach-people-to-swim-without-water/
>>
>>30666368
Knives aren't deadly anymore
>>
>>30670139
>baji Quan

Ethnic dances aren't martial arts.
>>
>>30666430
replace TKD with muay thai
I like both- but I'd much rather fight a TKD guy than a Muay Thai fighter- your average student of MT spars harder and more often than your average TKD guy
>>
>>30669928
I fight- just had my first ring fight in June, muay thai rules minus elbows unfortunately.
>>
File: 1468722511740.jpg (50KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1468722511740.jpg
50KB, 640x478px
1. MMA
2. Muay Thai
3. Ju-Jitsu
4. Boxing.
5. GR Wrestling

everything else is special snowflake tier styles. all work only as effectively as you train. also, physical size and strenght have A LOT to do with the outcome of a fight.
>>
>>30669873
I bit a bloody chunk out of a state level wrestler who picked a fight with me in high school. When he panicked and flinched away, I grabbed his balls and twisted till he let go, then kicked the shit out of him while he was sobbing on the ground. It was easy. Wrestling =/= good at ACTUAL combat grappling. Dirty tricks work.
>>
>>30670139
Nasu and Fate/posters please leave.
>>
>>30670425
I've always thought that the best tactics in a real fight, would be the shit that is banned under the unified rules of MMA. like kicking a grounded opponent, strikes to the top and back of head, eye pokes, straight kicks to the knees, groin strikes etc.
>>
>>30670508
They are. I'm not a badass, I was just willing to go full chimpanzee, and that works pretty damned well.
>>
Savate
>>
Is shooting a martial art?
>>
>>30670711
Every tried jabbing your thumb in a dudes butthole?

Even through layers of clothing, nothing makes a dude back down like a thumb attack on the butthole. It's like kryptonite to a dude.
>>
>>30666761
Just watch Rick Roufus vs that Thai dude in the 80s...
>>
File: all of the homo.gif (131KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
all of the homo.gif
131KB, 245x138px
>>30671005
I have, but not mid fight....
>>
>>30666159
Kickboxing/Boxing + Judo/BJJ

You're welcome
>>
>>30670379
Japanese Ju-Jitusu - no.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - yes.

also you're forgetting Judo and Freestyle/Folkstyle wrestling. and Catch wrestling too, why not.

>>30671005

it's called an oil check.
>>
>>30670183
thanks for that article
>>
File: spetsnaz_system.jpg (69KB, 412x511px) Image search: [Google]
spetsnaz_system.jpg
69KB, 412x511px
Sambo or Systema is the best for street fighting IMO. After practicing Aikido, Judo, BJJ for >10 years and after trying Sambo for 2 years, I'm convinced it's the best for self-defense situations.

It's fairly easy to find Sambo/Systema place to train in large cities. Go try it out for a week.
>>
Bruce Lee himself used to preach in the west about the discipline and philosophical side of martial arts

In the East he told people real talk that any westerner who did a few years of boxing and catch wrestling will destroy a grand master of any Asian style
>>
File: 1447795363324.jpg (66KB, 453x679px) Image search: [Google]
1447795363324.jpg
66KB, 453x679px
>>30671258
>Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

No. Proof: a match in favor of BJJ ends in draw against someone with no fighting skill. Still on the ground and vulnerable to surroundings to beat one opponent. Taking too long for a take down.
>>
>>30666299
I love the optimism. But I don't care how fast you can button smash. You're still a faggot that hasn't been in enough explosive conflicts to understand that there isn't a play by play of what you would do.

I said I would do things a traditional wrestlet doesn't train for. If you can't make sense of that, go post on /b/
>>
>>30669768
Then youd hard sex as girl.

I'll write that down. The next time I meet another real boxer I'll do just that.
>>
>>30666368
I'll take the blunt over weapon over a puny knife any day, I want a decent blade with some size if I'm using something sharp. Also one hit kill or KO with blunt weapon is easier than lunging at someone, hoping they don't move.
>>
>>30671005
But what if they like it
>>
>>30666159

I'd put "dirty fighting" at the top of the list.
>>
Secret Esoteric British Technique: Self Defense Against Fresh Fruit.
>>
>>30670711
The problem is when an MMA fighter goes full chimpanzee on you. YOU'LL BE THE BETA "chump"
>>
>>30671258
>Japanese Ju-Jitusu - no.
>Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - yes.
It's implied, I think we all knew that anon meant BJJ. Should have just said BJJ though.
>>
>>30675023
That's why I carry weapons. :D
>>
>>30670711
>>30670508
These people have never fought a trained fighter.

Valetudo tournaments are a thing in brazil. Valetudo literally means anything goes. In these tournaments the shit that works, spoiler alert, is the same shit people use in professional mma.
>>
>>30672306
Systema is Russian aikido mysticism nonsense.

Sambo is a legitimate combat sport but it's not the be all end all. Sambo fighters have almost no ground game becausd closed guard is considered stalling.
>>
>>30674253
You just can't stop being cute, can you?
>>
>>30675415
>>30675415
>Sambo fighters have almost no ground game becausd closed guard is considered stalling.
Depends on the sambo, since there are different rule sets.

Khabib Nurmagomedov has wrestlefucked everyone he's fought, but we don't really know if he has a bottom game or not since nobody's really taken him down.
>>
>>30675496
I should have specified bottom game, not ground game. I've seen sambo fighters with some nasty leg locks on the ground.
>>
>KRAV MAGA anyone?
>>
>>30672306
Systema is good for surviving and working with minimal effort. Also has some of the better knife training in my experience. Not the best for attacking someone
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>30666368
1)gun
2)blunt object
3)knife
4)hand2hand

FTFY
>>
>>30675458
I cannot. Gift and a curse. On one hand I fucked your mother, on the other you want to break my dick off in your ass.
>>
>>30666159
>Boxing
>Judo
>Muay Thai
>Wrestling

A boxer just hopelessly outclasses everyone else in a street fight. He'll knock you on your ass with a double jab and a right hook. If you don't know anything about boxing and you come up against a boxer just avoid the confrontation at all costs. Judo > Wrestling since Judo (esp. traditional Judo) spends a lot of time preaching the importance of posture during and after a throw, so you don't compromise your own positioning and wind up on the floor with 3 guys kicking your head in. A competent Judoka could easily throw an opponent toward his mates then run in the opposite direction while they're all tangled up.
>>
>>30669791
Jesus, this ignorance. Heavyweight boxers don't score one punch knockouts on each other because
1. They're wearing gloves
2. They're rarely looking for a one punch knockout
3. They're fighting people who are genetically predisposed to resisting knockouts (hence why they became boxers - big chins, thick necks, big skull etc.)
>>
>>30678669
This.
Striking edges out grappling in most real world fights where you're not trapped in a tiny ring with one guy, handicapped by not being allowed to hit them in certain places and multiple opponents aren't a possibility.

Mobility is key to survival; the ability to strike, block and parry while staying up, gathering situational awareness, and staying mobil and able to avoid threats.

There are many instances where a person has been able to fend off and sometimes even defeat up to dozens of attackers by staying mobil and striking.

When you see someone go to ground in the real world against multiple opponents is about the time you realize you're watching a snuff video.
>>
I don't know if I could make a concise list, but I'd say krav maga is up there. I know we'd veryobe loves to meme on it, but as with any martial art, if you find a reputable instructor, and you put in a lot of effort, you get a of returns on your investment.

We spar, we mix in grappling/BJJ. He teaches things in krav class that he specifically says are not krav, but wants us to know any way. We have days are dedicated to only sparring and BJJ. Every martial art has people who claim they can kill someone with their style and that it's "too deadly". But sift through the shit and you can find a good place that will teach you a very useful skill.
>>
To quote an Australian commando who strangled a taliban commander to death:

'all civilian martial arts were bullshit"
>>
>>30666183
What do you mean "Street fighting"?
>>
>>30670191
As someone who actually learned (very litle) baji quan. This is bullshit. These guys have elbowstrikes with their entire bodyweight behind it. Their structural integrity is top notch. If you find a school that spars you are in for a treat.
>>
>>30679244
So what is the non civie ma he used then. Bullocks. It's about the mentality not the ma.
>>
>>30679244
He should have no trouble beating Lombard then
>>
>>30669947
I bet a few Jewish resistance fighters would disagree
https://youtu.be/pz9xQVa7bw8
>>
>>30676330
See
>>30675415
>>
>>30678728
>boxers aren't trying to end the match in the quickest way possible
>gloves are for minimizing impact not protecting your hands and face from cutting skin
>not getting knocked out is about having thick skulls not proper defense

10/10 never trained confirmed
>>
>>30679616
OK buddy. I'm sure thai fighters totally don't put their weight into their elbow strikes and have piss poor structural integrity lol

Let me know when a baji Quan representative is wiling the floor with professional mma and I'll believe you.
>>
>>30679244
Because a trained grappler couldn't strangle someone to death much more efficiently? Fuck off.
>>
>>30679244
I assume the man strangled him from behind with some strangulation wire? Don't need no ma for that.
>>
>>30680034
of course the electronic jew thinks jew stuff is gud
>>
>>30680034
I can find a million videos of actual combat sports being used effectively against attackers in the real world. I have never in my life seen a krav maga practioner actually use his skills effectively.

Moreover, 99% of krav schools don't spar which makes them wholly unprepared for real confrontation. The 1% rhat do just look like bad kickboxing.

Also human weapon sucks.
>>
is there a reason bjj gi's only come in white, black, blue? i'm looking for a yellow jacket
>>
>>30682805
>hurr durr I want to be special

Buy a white one faggot
>>
>>30682832
oh, i know damn well i wouldn't use it for more than a cosplay
>>
>>30682852
Then buy a karate gi. Pretty sure those homos like to dress like the rainbow.
>>
>>30670425
>Things that never happened or "how to contract AIDS"
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.