[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 33

File: 1460138310167.png (210KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460138310167.png
210KB, 1000x1000px
/meg/- Military Enlistment General

Pro Rec Y edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW (embed)

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857 (embed)

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, and shower me with gz just keep it in this general.
>>
For anyone who's gone through the selection process for Sandhurst, what is the best advice you could give to someone who is just about to do the AOSB?
>>
File: 1466803277538.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1466803277538.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
How many years does it take to make warrant officer as enlisted, even in the fastest upward mobility fields like nuke.

>Zuzaku made warrant officer at age 18

How do I compete with anime characters.
>>
>>30660382

In the Army you can be a WO at 18, they take people right out of flight school and send them to WOCS to be pilots.

For technical warrants in the Army, you need at least ~5 years as enlisted, so you're looking at age 24~ if you fast-track.

For the Navy? No idea.
>>
I'm thinking of joining the Texas state guard army. has anyone have experience what should I expect .
>>
>>30660382
To go warrant in the Navy you gotta be a Chief/E-7 and then out in your package. If you make chief as fast as possible id say 7/8 years to be a warrant. But thats if the stars align just right.
>>
is coast guard difficult lifestyle do you think? you can be 30+ fat and join army but the coast guard is fit 25 and unders only i think.
>>
File: 20160712_154538.jpg (4MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20160712_154538.jpg
4MB, 4032x2268px
If your recruiter says to you that you're smart and should take this test called the dlab, say no unless you want to be in training for 2 years. It's a tough life not meant for everyone. Been at dli for 6 months so far. It's fun on the weekends but the school life plus military life thing is quite stressful
I'll answer and questions anyone might have though.
>>
Super important question from last thread here.
How often can I jack off while on a ship? I hear the bunk beds have curtains for privacy? I cum a whole bunch, am I gonna have to buy a bunch of socks to use and throw away to not mix them with someone else's laundry?
How long are the showers? I'm thinking they're just like gym showers so I don't wanna jack off next to another dude, but I might if I get backed up enough.

Chronic masturbation is like my only problem.
>>
>>30661374
when do you know which language has been chosen for you? after basic or before?
>>
>>30661374
What do you do for training? What do you do once you finish training? Also where are you stationed and what did you get on the ASVAB
>>
Heading off to MEPS tommorow. Anything I should know? I heard the doctors wil try to DQ you when asking about medical history by asking a lot of tricky questions.
>>
>>30661374
don't you go to school in Monterey at least?
>>
>>30661374
>fuckton of training
>cant even pick the language you want

God, that's just awful. How do they even get you motivated if you get a shitty language?
>>
>>30659763
I have a legal question, since the GNA in Libya is the officially recognized government of Libya (internationally recognized) what are the ramifications for enlisting with them during their civil war to get in on some fitan action?
>>
>>30661758
are you Libyan?
>>
>>30661327
Now when you say fat... How fat?
>>
Same dude from the last thread that likes to smoke weed a bunch. Former stoners, tell me how you got over it

Also what is the "flightline"
>>
>>30661785
Just Muslim i have reasons to fight for them, currently their fighting Isis in sirte but that's not who I'm interested in fighting.
>>
>>30661799
Dude, if you cant cut weed you're nowhere near disciplined enough to cut it in any military role.
>>
seriously considering joining the French Foreign Legion, anyone else in the same boat
>>
>>30661799
You need to stop being a little bitch who needs an escape from his life, just drink a couple beers a night and have a cig until you ween yourself off
>>
>>30661844
but why??
>>
>>30661950
but why not :^)
>>
>>30661844
Why don't you try joining your own country's military?
>>
>>30661991
because there are no upsides to it
>:^)
Don't waste your money on a ticket to france they won't let you join
>>
>>30661950
for a lot of reasons

my great grandfather was a legionnaire and the stories my grandfather told me about him and what the legion did for him left a real impact on me. I really detest american military culture and want to stay as far away as possible from it. There is just something really alluring about the legion and legion life
>>
>>30662038
Yeah sucks people don't take foreigners into their militaries.
>>
>>30662044
I don't know about the FFL, but good on you for remaining true to your country. I see foreigners here (I'm American) who idolize the US military and all I can think is what a traitor they are.
>>
Anyone in the Navy here? Looking at Aerographer's mate, Engineman or Gunner's mate. Anyone know about these rates, or just general knowledge of navy life?
>>
Anyone here know anything about 9s100?
>>
Can anyone tell me why you would join the Marines for infantry if the Army has all these cool schools and better equipment?
>>
>>30661817
you can't join foreign militaries and fight against the US that's treason, otherwise it's just frowned upon, maybe fines
>>
>>30661645
they're not tricky questions, just don't be a dumbass about it
prepare to piss in front of someone
>>
>>30663140
>don't be a dumbass about it
that's asking for a lot from me
>>
>>30663291
well better luck at cc then
>>
>>30663098
Because the Marines have excellent PR.
That's it.
>>
>>30663334
>>30663140
Just worried about one of the last shots at a decent career path in my life
>>
>>30663098
Muhrines gets you easier pussy at bars and trailer parks.
>>
Former hikki/neet here, what do you guys hate about submarine duty so much?
Is it the isolation?

I'm used to being self isolated in an area the size of my mattress (my mattress) for hours a day, only using my laptop. I could do fine like this forever.

I've heard submarine guys cut up paper to simulate grass. I haven't touched grass in about a decade.
>>
>>30664159
they lower the oxygen
you sleep under the torpedoes
youre underappreciated and overworked for blood money
but hey at least you got your dolphins
>>
can i ever expect to anything even remotely cool in logistics as an officer?
>>
>>30664327
>you sleep under the torpedoes
like on the metal floor, or do you have a sleeping bag?

And I didn't consider the work hours....
>>
>>30664404
to do*
>>
File: 1434214744766.jpg (22KB, 430x311px) Image search: [Google]
1434214744766.jpg
22KB, 430x311px
How does one go about becoming a CCT seriously?
>>
>>30662044

>the stories my grandfather told me about him and what the legion did for him left a real impact on me.

What did the legion do for him? How do you expect legion culture to be any better than American military culture, expect being harsher and more restrictive?
>>
I got a 98 or 99 percentile on the ASVAB several years ago in high school. The recruiter said it was the highest score he'd ever seen (given, hes a recruiter and obviously wants to recruit so he'll say w/e the fuck.

Would that help me get a cool job or anything, a year away from my bachelor's in computer science and I've got a lot going for me there but I've always idolized the military because guns and a sense of purpose
>>
>>30665069
You can be /k/'s sleeper in the NSA after you've gone through the air force as a crypto-officer. You get to work with computers, sponge off the tax payers, keep tabs on muslims, and subtly undermine gun control efforts they give to the NSA.

Do it, anon. Become our agent.
>>
joining infantry at the end of the year and im dumb as fuck. just wondering if i would fit in or fall behind alot
>>
>>30663098
Honestly the only reason why I'm going 03xx instead of Army is because the Marines' uniforms are fucking amazing.

Seriously, they're so god damn sexy. The Army's uniforms look like suit and ties. Boring.

I'm probably going to regret my decision and contemplate suicide but at least I'll have a cool ass uniform.
>>
>>30661374
Bruh, it's fucking cake. I did 6 years as a 35P and yeah 2 of them were in gorgeous Monterey, sucks so bad
>>
>>30664404
Get paid actual money
>>
>>30661391
Onna sub, showers are smaller than a phone booth, so they're not good to jack off in. I alway used to just beat off in the rack, curtain closed. A sock will work fine if you launder it weekly, but I recommend getting a hold of some lint-free rags if you can find them onboard, those feel amazing and are washable if you don't wanna steal a new handful of them every 18 hours. If you're feeling creative, try wrapping some scottfoam around a latex glove and then pulling the glove over it -BAM- makeshift fleshlight. Don't [get caught] jerking off on watch. But definitely jerk off regularly, cuz we had a guy whose nuts swole the fuck up when he didn't beat it for a few weeks. Doc literally ordered him to rub one out later.
>>
>>30664784
So... nobody fucking knows?
>>
>>30664432
Not metal, but a thirdhand pisscovered mattress that'll look like it came from a prison in rural mississippi or some shit. Bring sheets to put on top of the other sheets, those things are fucking nasty when you're sober.
>>
If I take the EDPT and the DLAB, do I have a choice of what job I get?
>>
>>30664784
Just go to the AF recruiter and ask for it and wait for a slot to pop open, I'm sure they always need more SecForces
>>
>>30663098
It doesn't matter. It's peace time and you'll serve with women.
>>
File: 1035x641-FRD-DS-00047r.jpg (106KB, 1035x641px) Image search: [Google]
1035x641-FRD-DS-00047r.jpg
106KB, 1035x641px
Thinking of joining the Guard as an 11b.

My state has a NGSF unit. My recruiter told me if I wash out of SFASm it's not a big deal because I'd go 11b anyway. He's saying I should give it a shot since I am able to get a 300 APFT easily and if 11b is what I was originally interested in, there's no real reason not too.

Anyone want to give some insight?

>Why wouldn't you just go Active?

I'm 28, I own property, I'm married and have a good job that pays well AND understands the commitment an SF Guard unit would require. I'm very tight with my boss, he's onboard. My wife also knows I could be away for long periods of time (my current job has me travelling constantly anyway).
>>
>>30668404
The guard has SF units? That's pants on head retarded.
>>
>>30668404
No insight but do it man... You are obviously in shape. Just don't ever give up. Pick up the "Get Selected" guidebook.
>>
>navy recruiters stopped by my workplace
>I'm the only one that does any work at my job
>boss is blowing my phone up
>if I join I'll have to deal with bitching until I can ship out a few months from now

fuc
>>
>>30668404
Are you into hillwalking, mountaineering, navigating, that sort of thing? If not, get into it. It will make things a lot easier down the line. Of course you don't need to be able to do that to start the joining process, but it's probably the only thing worth trying to get a "head start" in.

The problem with that is that it will essentially become a full time job all of its own. It's a vast commitment.
>>
>>30668462

I actually was in a mountaineering club in college, but haven't picked up a map and compass since. I forget pretty much everything.

Anyone familiar with the language phase of the Q course? Do you pick what you learn? Are you expected to be fluent within a month? Everything I'm reading online about making it mostly talks about the physical training
>>
File: red-wolves-door-gunner-hr.jpg (1MB, 4206x2704px) Image search: [Google]
red-wolves-door-gunner-hr.jpg
1MB, 4206x2704px
What is the process for becoming a marine door gunner.
>>
>>30668570
If I had to guess, anything involving chopper crew member, like repairers
>>
Is there legit going to be a polygraph at MEPS?
>>
>>30669716

lol no
>>
About to go into my second year at a pretty good college, unable to do ROTC because of the program I'm in. I'm looking at trying to do Army OCS after graduation, but I recently got an email about USMC Platoon Leaders Class, which I can get started on while in college. What should I do?
>>
>>30670010
do you want to be a Marine? PLC lets you go junior and senior year if you get in and you still have a chance of saying no after the first year.
You have to wait until after graduation for army ocs
>>
>>30670053
I'm up for either, I'm looking to go for an intelligence MOS and then see if I can't worm my way into being an operator through that.
>>
>>30669946
Do I ever take one If I need a security clearance?
>>
>>30666267
forest marpat is pretty cool too, shame you'll never wear it in kabul
>>
How do I get into Naval Postgraduate School? Obviously I have to be an officer, but like can I join and go straight there?
>>
>>30670182

Depends.

Secret they won't.

Top Secret they might.
>>
>>30665069
>The recruiter said it was the highest score he'd ever seen

Every recruiter will tell you this with pretty much any score above a 90.

By definition, a 98 means that roughly 1/50 people taking the test gets that score. Factor in that pre-selection for who actually gets to take the ASVAB means that very low scores (<20) are even rarer and your average recruiter will see a couple 98/99s a month. It's a good score, but not once in a lifetime.
>>
>>30668419

The guard has SF groups, but they're active so often that they might as well be active duty, just funded partially by the states.
>>
Active army here. I'll answer any questions you have as long as it doesn't breach OPSEC
>>
>>30670553
whats your mos
>>
>>30667275
That's depressing...

>>30659763
Anybody have a guide to CCT?
>>
>>30661920
This.

Basic training is also a great opportunity to break yourself of any bad habit really. Booze, tobacco, drugs, whatever. Sure, you can get those things if you go looking for them, but they're not readily available.
>>
>>30670295
no it's gotta be on a shore tour, you choose to go there and give the big navy a few more years
>>
Heading off to Lackland for BMT tomorrow morning. Any advice besides the obvious 'don't be an insubordinate idiot'?
>>
>>30670761
Work your ass off during every little thing.
Cleaning shitters isn't beneath you. If something is dirty or fucked up, take care of it without being told, as long as you aren't aginfully employed doing something else.
Pay attention during classes and blocks of instruction.

Most importantly: keep your goddamn mouth shut unless spoken to.
>>
>>30670657
25Q Multichannel systems operator and Maintainer
>>
>>30670705
damn really? I'm looking to go there for the Meteorology program, so I guess I could be a SWO or a METOC officer for about a decade, don't have any other plans lined up for my degree.
>>
>>30670828
I would like to work with something with radio, what kind of tasks would you perform on a regular day?
>>
>>30670880
Do you want to to be in the dirt with infantry or do you want to work on computers and radios / Satcom?
>>
>>30670834
what's your degree? have you considered applying directly to metoc? The SWO pipeline has shore duty at around captain level anyway, 2 tours then shore duty so you could ask for NPS then
>>
>>30670699
True this.
It's especially good for learning to eat right. After basic, I pretty much stopped eating sweets entirely for like 6 months, and still have less of a sweet tooth than I had before.

>>30670761
This >>30670823 is legit except
>Most importantly: keep your goddamn mouth shut unless spoken to.
Ask lots of questions, but not dumb questions. When you get given a task, ask for details. Get documentation if possible. If you have inspections coming up, ask for the base manual on how inspections are to be done. In general, if something seems like it should be documented somewhere, ask for the document or a summary of it. It shows initiative and your instructors will probably get you a printout within the next couple days because it means they can keep you out of their hair for further questions, and can send other recruits to you if they have similar questions.

However, there will likely be some kind of platoon senior instruction manual binder full of info on stuff like bunk layouts, inspections, and probably even a recall list; keep track of who has it and refer to it first if at all possible. Give it a full read even if you don't get to be senior, since it should have lots of useful info in it for your general awareness of what's going on day-to-day.

Also, another point: Never be afraid of getting yelled at. You will get yelled at for things. The only thing you should truly fear in basic is getting written up for something. You'll get yelled at plenty and your instructors will be rude; it's just schtick, they'll probably help you with whatever you asked for once the yelling/rudeness is done.

(note: I'm canadian so some things may be different, like maybe you don't have platoon seniors or w/e but still (inb4 FFFFFFFUUUUUUCKKKKKKINNNNGGG LEEEAFFFFF ;_; chimpouts))
>>
>>30670902
Honestly not sure. I wouldn't mind a more physical job but you probably get to do more advanced tasks if you work with the latter.
>>
>>30670995
25C is a field radio operator; you'll be most physical and carry a radio with infantry.
25Q like me works with almost all radio and Satcom systems and is basically a catch all for what the other 25 series don't do, the others tend to be more on the programing and computer side of things
>>
>>30671063
What's the balance of hardware and software for 25Q? I'd prefer to do more hardware and hands on work than programming.
>>
>>30670987
>note: I'm canadian
who the fuck said you could post here you shitposting piece of maple-sucking shit
>>
>>30670937
Major is in Geographic Info Systems, but my minor is in Earth Science, so being METOC is like the most applicable to my degree.
>>
>mfw learning swahili
What's the chance of a US war in Africa within the next decade?
>>
>>30659763
I graduates a few weeks ago and I called an army recruiter and I'm going to his office tomorrow. My mom is freaking out and I'm afraid she'll fuck this up somehow. What do /k/?

How did your parent react with you going into the military?
>>
>>30671087
I mostly do hands on work, then let the 25B fuck with the rest, so I go do other cool shit with the combat engineers or whoever else is there on the mission
>>
>>30671141
A unit at bragg here just got 36hrs notice to deploy to Africa, and my unit is already there.
>>
>>30671185
What kind of cool shit are we talking about here?
>>
>>30671195
I got the opportunity to go to Air Assault school, some buddies rode in a black hawk for some training, I just did a week long Combat lifesaving class, etc. If you act high speed and people think you are you can do a lot.
>>
>>30663098
In what ways do Marines not have schools to advance themselves and suitable equipment?
>>
>>30670828
Give me the memes about the signal corps in general
>>
>>30671279
They get hand-me-down shit from the Army and have to attend all the Army schools if they want training. The Corps has a lot smaller budget so they lean on other branches more.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 800x551px
>be me
>want to enlist in marines
>can't enlist because edgy faggot in teenage years
>have a few self loathing scars
>have depression
>was really excited to join but soul hath been crushed in the knowing I never will be able to.

Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>30671288
We're full of lazy, fat fuck ups who are pretty much leftist cucks and niggers. I got reclassified to this after I washed from an Intel school that had a wash rate of 90% at the time, and I'm very salty about it. But, luckily for me, since no one has any real motivation or drive to do cool shit, I can get all the slots to sweet schools.
>>
>>30671345
I joined with scars, but I lied and said they were from an atv accident. Just try again and make shit up
>>
>>30671362
Most of the scars are actually from being active and legit are from getting hurt.
>falling down from a dirt bike a few years back
>airsoft / paintball strikes
>tripped on a table in the pitch black basement of my friends house when I stayed over once.

Even if I could get in, I don't think I could make it. I have major self esteem issues. And there is no way I could get a security clearance.
>>
So why do we have the marines again when we have the army?
>>
>>30671413
>security clearance

If you just want to be a grunt then you don't really have anything to worry about.
>>
>>30671466
I mostly waned to just go 0311. Maybe a drill instructor if I end up staying longer than expected?
>>
>>30671351
What were you training for in the intel school?
>>
>>30671444
Imagine if you had an entire branch that was special forces.
The few
The proud
The brave
The Marines.
>>
I was diagnosed with ADD when I was younger, but I've never taken medication. We were living in China, and the psychs who diagnosed me were in Hong Kong. If I join the army and go for a 35 MOS (top-secret clearance), and possibly join CIA/FBI once my contract is over, what is the likelihood of my ass being taken to Federal pound-town for fraudulent enlistment?
>>
>>30671345
>depressed
>wants to get screamed at for everything he does for 13 weeks.
>>
>>30671521
just stop...
>>
Guide on how to pick up girls overseas?
I hear that milfs are supposed to be easy anywhere you go.
>>
>>30671630
Can you pick up girls at home? You're not going to gain any magic sex appeal other than the prospects of a green card otherwise.
>>
>>30661600
I learned after I graduated aircrew fundamentals. So about 2 days before I landed in monterey
>>30661629
94 asvab 136 dlab. All i do day in and day out is learn korean. Thats it. Its a very heavy load of work (korean specifically) Other than that basic military duties and PT. I cant talk about what we do after training. Im in monterey at DLI
>>30661660
yep
>>30661680
Trust me thats the #`1 or #2 issue here and they constantly tell us from day 1 that we cant lose motivation or we WILL fail. They do their best to keep you motivated via cultural stuff like language day or just having picnics or outings that have to do with your culture and its food etc. The teachers are great for the most part; korean teachers act like mothers who expect nothing but the best from you and make your life hell because they want to see you succeed.
>>
>>30671648
>Can you pick up girls at home?
yes, but I'm worried about the language barrier. How do these guys pick up women that they cant even communicate with?
I'm not gonna give anyone a greencard, I just wanted to get my dick wet every once in a while.

>>30671673
>korean teachers act like mothers who expect nothing but the best from you and make your life hell because they want to see you succeed.

Can you fuck your Korean teachers?
>>
>>30671630
Learn a little bit of the local language, keeping the foreign 'Murican accent, is your gateway to poosy paradise in a faraway land
>>
File: 1468629501058.gif (929KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468629501058.gif
929KB, 200x200px
>>30671521
>>
>>30671704
You have to act towards your teachers the same way you act towards officers. Anyhting more with them is fraternization and can get you fucked in a heartbeat if thats what youre after
>>
>>30671763
So say your in army basic, after drills and pt and all that, you can't be bro's with your sergeant at the end of the day?
>>
>>30671833
If your drill sergeant is good, you will never know whether or not they liked you.

Basic training is not the time for that sort of shit. You'll have plenty of time for that when you get to your unit.
>>
>>30671853
That's strange. When my grandpa got discharged from marine basic back in the 50's for high blood pressure, his DI came up to him before he left and they talked for a little while before the bus came. My grandpa described it as "for once he talked like a human. He was kinda disappointed to see me go."
>>
>>30671833
Literally no, it's against the rules. That's the entire point of Basic, you moron. Not to mention frat rules that will apply throughout your whole career.

And probably, your sergeant will probably be fucking sick of seeing you after the work day and likely does not want to hang out with you. I still remember what our instructors said to my platoon when I was at basic, it was something along the lines of:

>Please, PLEASE be good. We want to give you leave. We don't want to hang out with you anymore. We need a weekend away from you just like you need a weekend away from us.
>And if you see me at the club, do not say hello. We do not want you fucking up our swerve
>>
>>30671909
If your grandpa got discharged he was no longer his DI so he could talk to him like a regular person and not a professional capacity. They keep it professional on the job just like everyone else. They're your superior, not your pal.
>>
Can skinny people have high blood pressure?
>>
Retard tier question.

so I have a mustache-goatee combo. Haven't seen a recruiter yet. When should I shave. Or will they give me time to shave at basic when I get my hair buzzed.
>>
>>30672389
Look up hypertension.
>>
>>30672406
>When should I shave.
When you're told.
>Or will they give me time to shave at basic when I get my hair buzzed.
You'll probably have to do it right away.

Get a haircut before basic though, they don't always take you to the barber very quickly and having big hair can fuck up sizing your head for issued hats and you may genuinely get made fun of in the time between arriving and getting shaved. (Or, if you can take a joke, grow out your hair just for basic and make light of it when you get shorn like a sheep)
>>
File: 1461812022331.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1461812022331.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>>30672451
How do I ensure its low tommorow?
>>
>>30672514
Eat a lot of salty food tonight, and when you go for your check-up, drink several cups of coffee.
>>
>>30672475
Different anon here, does being kinda thin uptop affect anything?
>>
>>30672514
deep breaths brah, learn2yoga
>>
>>30672530
Yeah you'll be rejected if your hair is thinning. Sorry, bro.
>>
File: 1467910294044.png (1MB, 634x802px) Image search: [Google]
1467910294044.png
1MB, 634x802px
>>30672526
I haven't had a single soft drink for the past week
>>
>>30672514
Try to relax, take an aspirin in the morning. Blood pressure rises and falls by 15 or so points through the day.
>>
File: 1466336169564.jpg (20KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1466336169564.jpg
20KB, 320x320px
Will security clearance search go through my twitters and deny me because of memes and shitposts.
>>
>>30673456
Yes
can't have dumb Wojak posters getting state secrets
>>
>>30672905
How high is too high?
>>
>>30673487
i believe 150/90

dont take my word though.
>>
>>30673487
>Normal blood pressure is below 120 systolic and below 80 diastolic
>Prehypertension is 120-139 systolic or 80-89 diastolic

Anything below 140/90 is "acceptable". You can test your blood pressure for free at most grocery store's pharmacies. If you do any cardio at all and you're not overweight, you're going to fall into this category, even with the worst genetics possible.
>>
Are there any civilian jobs for the military that would allow a paraplegic to work? I know it's a dumb question, but I was wondering if it's possible.
>>
>>30673476
serious or joking?
What kind of things will kill my chances?
>>
>>30673620
Check the DoD website (USAjobs). That's where you can get to civilian servant careers.
>>
If you cant fraternize with officers as enlisted, can you still fraternize with everyone else that is also enlisted? What are the cutoff points to make friends? It sounds pretty lonely if you can only be friends with guys at your own payscale.
>>
>>30673712
How do they even know what your Twitter account is? I've shit posted some /pol/ tier memes of my social media accounts. I'm scared
>>
>>30674173
Do you own a smartphone?
If you have downloaded twitter on your smartphone, your accounts to every app you used is tied to your phone number.
>>
>>30674173
Whose fault is that? You thought opinions like those were worth having, and then sharing. You made the bed, lie in it, if it comes to that.
>>
>>30674291
My recruiter doesn't have my cellphone number. Just my land line

>>30674409
I was just trolling ;( I'm not even white. I just enjoy triggering libtards
>>
File: 1452809181205.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1452809181205.png
177KB, 367x321px
>>30674173
>>30674425
bruh you're done.
I was going in for basic army infantry even, and I got denied after they found a twitter post I sent from the school library from 2008 where I called Obama an ape.
They printed out the page, the date, who posted it at what time down to the second, gps location and my location at the time would have matched it.
I had no alibi, and they told me to get out of there before they charged me for an attempt at fraudulent enlistment.
>>
>>30674467
>ITT things that never happened.

no fucking way they looked into your twitter for a grunt MOS.

Maybe if you were trying to get TS with an intel MOS but even then i doubt it
>>
>tfw all you want is to see combat and be part of a brotherhood but outside of SOF, no one is seeing any combat
>>
>>30674645
just wait brother, wars will never end
>>
>>30674657
I probably wouldn't be able to enlist anyway, so it's not a big deal.
>>
>>30674705
why the fuck not
>>
>>30673964

Officially NCOs and non-NCOs aren't allowed to fraternize.

Unofficially, it's usually a bit of a range, your rank + 1 above and 1 below is generally cool.
>>
>>30674645
>>30674657
Don't enlist
>>
Edge, joking, and shit-slinging aside. Which MOS' in Marines/Army kick in doors. And as an aside as infantile as it sounds I've always wanted to be a sniper or long-distance marksman, how do I go about getting into that position?
>>
>>30674809
I'm overweight right now and while I am losing weight, I doubt any military would look past the fact that I've been seeing a therapist for the past five years and have been on multiple antidepressants and ADHD medication.
>>
>>30674858
thats why you lie generally they wont look into medical

i will say your depression will get much MUCH worse in the military most likely
>>
>>30674657

Nope, but wars will change to make riflemen less relevant. The generation being born right now might be the last one that gets to close with and engage the enemy.

There will always be SOF, but vanilla infantrymen are going to go the way of the fast food worker and get replaced with robots.
>>
>>30674853
>Wants to kick in doors
>want to be long range
>>
>>30674908
no fucking way dude, infantry robots are so far away and even when the technology does to make human like robots they will be so expensive when the government can pay a Soldier 1400/month to die
>>
>>30674908
I never said I did. I asked what MOS' do.
>>
>>30674943

>the government can pay a Soldier 1400/month to die

Soldiers are expensive as shit. A few hundred thousand dollars of costs to recruit/train one, and a million dollars minimum when one of them dies. Half of that is just straight-up cash to the family.

Paying the soldier is a tiny part of the overall cost of having one, especially if you get them killed. Even then, $1400/mo isn't realistic, the vast majority are E4+, and a good portion get BAH/BAS. Ends up being more like $4000/mo or more on average.
>>
>>30674467
How tire is this? Because I know a marine that's an ammo tech or some shit like that, that has anime and loli shit all over his FB and somehow he hasn't seeming cought any shit from it.
>>
>>30675034
hes shitposting this isnt true
>>
>>30663098
their uniforms are the best looking.
>>
>>30675034
Unless your going for some ts shit, they're not going to look at any of your internet history / phone records/ social media or anything.
>>
>>30675097
>not naval officers
>>
>>30675068
DOE worker here. He is full of shit. More like he went to too many payday loan places or kept his homosexualitaty on the DL.
>>
>>30671184
if you are 18 who cares what they think.

yeah it would be nice to get their approval, but it is your choice.
>>
What job can i get that's closest to Top Gun without needing a college degree
>>
>>30675265
Warrant officer. Flight school.
>>
What would service look like if you sign up after college? Currently doing spatial analysis and the like.
>>
>>30675276
That's army right? How do you get in?
>>
>>30675312
http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/current-and-prior-service/advance-your-career/warrant-officer.html
>>
>>30674993
>4000 or more a month after bennies

Am I being trolled?

(no prior service here)
>>
>>30675680
Muh benefits mufugga
>>
>>30671135
then apply to metoc and SWO, I know SWO meets in October, metoc which is with intel just met so I don't know when the next one meets
[spoiler]I see you posted this on reddit too[/spoiler]
>>
Does DoD urinalysis check for mushrooms/psilocybin? Not a depper
>>
File: 1468609174685.png (428KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468609174685.png
428KB, 500x600px
I GO TO ARMY BASIC AT BENNING AND AIT AT GORDON IN 2 WEEKS I'M A 25B WHAT DO I DO TO PREPARE?
WHAT'S THE BARE MINIMUM PUSHUPS AND SITUPS I SHOULD DO TO NOT FUCK MYSELF OVER
>>
File: yoba.png (98KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
yoba.png
98KB, 736x736px
>>30672406
>will they give me time to shave
>>
>>30661374
I passed the DLAB about a month ago. Just waiting on my cryptologic language analyst contract to come through with a ship date.

I wanted this job specifically though so, yeah.
>>
>>30668456
Just remember if your boss penalizes you in anyway for joining up then he's violating federal law and you should notify your recruiter
>>
File: image.jpg (416KB, 668x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
416KB, 668x1000px
So I'm thinking of going in as an E-4 as a 13F. Have fun there for a few years and then re-class to 35G, to have a nice cozy desk job where I get to look at satellite images all day. After that I want to go guard and maybe do OCS and get a job with the NRO or DIA. What do you guys think? This a wet dream or can I do this? Any experience with any of these things?

Also, if I was investigated and interviewed but never arrested, charged or convicted will that get in the way of a security clearance?
>>
File: 1467424316452.jpg (180KB, 633x485px) Image search: [Google]
1467424316452.jpg
180KB, 633x485px
>filling in clearance information
>had a week to do it
>need to list 3 people
>I don't know anyone at all
>have one friend listed
>the two other people I only have phone numbers for, no addresses

Will I get shit for that? What do?
>>
>>30673606
do pushups count as cardio?
>>
>>30675680

I've only been in for a few years and I make almost 5k/mo. The food and housing allowance where I'm at add up to $2500~/mo. I make out better than a lot of the federal civilians I work with since they have to pay for healthcare and shit.
>>
>>30675680

People think the "average soldier" is a PFC making $1900~/mo, living in the barracks, and eating at the chow hall (which still cost the Army money).

The "average soldier" is most likely a junior NCO, and is probably drawing between $1,500 - $3,000 monthly untaxed allowances, in addition to a base pay of $3000~.

The only people who bitch about military pay are those who did the absolute minimum time and think that they got minimum wage when really most soldiers have good middle class salaries. $60k - $70k doesn't seem like a lot to people in expensive cities, but most Army bases are in cheap areas so you can live like a king.
>>
Active Army 35F20 (Intelligence Analyst, E5) here. I'll answer any questions about different intel fields or security clearance stuff for the next hour or so.
>>
>>30677059
Call them up and ask for an address. Seriously. I put down one of my mom's friends for a TS and the investigator actually knocked on her door and asked about me. Don't put people down that have a negative or even neutral opinion of you.
>>
Is 6 and out a good deal for Nuke?
>>
>>30678274
Did you have to do a poly?

What are the chances of a psych visit years ago biting me in the ass during a TS?
>>
>>30678385
I did not have to do a poly.

That being said, if there's something shady about your application, you might. Foreign contacts is what usually does it.

How old were you when you had this visit? Was anything prescribed? Does it show up on your medical records?
>>
>>30671704
>How do these guys pick up women that they cant even communicate with?
flirting purely through body language is a one-of-a-kind experience, I promise you.
>>
>>30678399
It was 5 years ago, but I was over 18. And yes it's on a record with meds and shit.

After eye-balling the SF-86, that's the only thing that's off base. I'd be extremely pissed if it actually causes a problem down the road. Especially when thinking about people like Hillary Clinton.
>>
>>30678431
5 years ago means it's no longer a mental barrier to you. That problem no longer effects you, right?

If that's the case, be honest. Security clearances aren't for people with spotless records and shiny boots. Too spotless is suspicious. The SF-86 is designed to bring about and broadcast your honesty and your capability to be trusted. Own it and it won't be a problem.
>>
>>30678451
aren't just for*
>>
>>30678352
It's the best deal for nuke.
>>
>>30678451
The thing is, I already left the psych part out in the MEPS medical. Hell, I actually forgot about it while I was there.

Would you still recommend mentioning it?
>>
>>30678274
Give us the memes about intel people in general.

Also, what would a typical deployment for a 35 be like?
>>
>>30678472
If you honestly forgot, then it clearly isn't something that it still a part of your psych. You could go either way with it, honestly. Is it something that you should call your recruiter about immediately? No. Is it something you should talk about if it's ever brought up by anyone other than medical personnel? Yes.

Again, honesty and trust. You didn't turn in your SF-86 at MEPS?
>>
File: Facts.png (206KB, 739x1791px) Image search: [Google]
Facts.png
206KB, 739x1791px
>>30678487
Intel people are a very mixed bag. There are some that are actually very intelligent, forward thinking human beings, and there are some that just barely passed the ASVAB requirements and struggled through all of their training.

The stereotype of the "Military Intelligence is an Oxymoron" comes from that dynamic. The actually smart and self-motivated individuals tend to seek out and get assignments like CI, Forward Deployments, and special cool guy stuff. You never hear from these guys or their work. They are analyzing and collecting the real shit that will put Snowden on the chopping block and Hillary in the presidency. The barely smart enough, 2.5GPA knuckledraggers who hate the job they picked tend to stay in the "big army;" Infantry, Armor, Cavalry, etc., and so have the most exposure. They work in S2s and MICOs, have the most interaction with other people, and their poisonous, lazy, group-think always-agree-with-the-higher-rank attitude earns them disdain.

Collectors are the same way. The ones that are good tend to get good assignments where they can be easily overlooked by the masses, while the worst will be stuck doing jobs that are not their MOS (because they suck at it).

Deployments vary very heavily based on the unit you're at. If your focus is collection, you'll paradoxically tend to sit in a nice air-conditioned office and do excel sheets and powerpoint. If you're with an infantry or special unit, you'll get out and do some tactical practical cool guy shit from time to time. Every deployment experience is different; don't let any 7-year specialist that never progressed or bothered to learn his job tell you otherwise.
>>
>>30678494
I was delayed a bit while they get results from some medical analysis (nothing disqualifying though), so I couldn't do anything else on that same day. I only ever heard of the SF-86 from /meg/. Though the MOS choices I have so far need either TS or secret.

I see your point, but wouldn't the mismatch between the medical and me mentioning the psych visit be a red flag and get me launched out of MEPS? I remember seeing something that information in the SF-86 is only to be used for the very purpose of clearances, but still.
>>
>>30678563
If you forgot, then there's nothing wrong with correcting a mistake. You might catch some shit for it, but recruiting would have to be in a real sorry state for them to deny you over it.
>>
File: 20120607035837.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
20120607035837.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>30678576
Thought as much

Well, thanks for answering my questions, bro.
>>
>>30678619
Hope it helps, broselini. What MOSs are you going for?
>>
>>30678638
35F, 25S, or 25Q

I'm leaning more towards 35 series
>>
>>30678533
Define "tactical practical cool guy shit"

Do you mean getting intel from behind enemy lines like fucking Solid Snake or something less dangerous like interviewing locals?
>>
>>30678656
25 series tend to hate their lives if they're not all about computers and technology. If its not one of your main hobbies, you probably won't be satisfied with your work.

I'm biased toward 35F because I've had a chance to do some cool shit, but 90% of what you're doing, and whether you like what you're doing, depends on your unit and duty station.
>>
>>30678674
Example

I was attached to an infantry company as the only intelligence-trained personnel there. On missions, I would walk with the PLT Leader and identify key terrain, advantageous positions, and look for signs of imminent attacks. As an analyst, I got this info from researching prior battles and threat activity particular to that area. I would memorize the patterns of the enemy and know their tactics and equipment better than anyone else, so that the PLT Leader could focus on managing his dudes and communicating with HQ.

If we were on a raid, I would sweep the raided area for items of intelligence value. In extreme scenarios far more common for "special" and elite units, my familiarity with the enemy network combined with intelligence we found on the raid could lead to another raid. This could be close by or in another province.

The field analyst has two wet dreams: One, that he successfully predicts an attack before it happens. This is his first duty, and often comes down to specific indications AND luck. Two, that his knowledge and quick thinking is instrumental in the capture or kill of specific targets, supplies, or those preparing an attack on US or friendly forces.

As far as behind enemy lines, solid snake stuff, we can't talk about it. Can neither confirm nor deny, etc.
>>
>>30678722
Thanks for the example

Makes a lot of sense
>>
>>30678280
No one I know has a working phone it seems...
I'm just going to put my boss and a coworker on this sheet, I don't know who else to put.
>>
>>30678772
Family friends, and/or non blood-related family

I'm a sperg too, it's what I did
>>
File: More_deader.jpg (22KB, 346x230px) Image search: [Google]
More_deader.jpg
22KB, 346x230px
>>30678274
Signing off. Hope you guys got learned something useful.
>>
>>30678846
Thanks again, senpai.

Take care
>>
>>30678280
What kinds of questions did they ask?
>>
>>30665909
oddly enough, youll find a lot of smart people in the infantry. we are mostly just weird, perhaps a little insane. I just hope you dont end up in Ft. Hood if you are joining the army, That was my first duty station, and it made me want to ETS.
>>
>>30671063
our 25C sits on his ass all day. Our guys have to do everything commo related ourselves.
>>
>>30659763
I'm getting conflicting info about 68P/4R0X1 (Radiology/Imaging), regarding a degree.
Saw on one plebbit thread that you need a degree to take the nation-wide certification, so you can be hired anywhere. I've even seen in one comment that you need a degree to get into the MOS (which sounds like bullshit, but who knows)

But no other threads mention this, and I can't find anymore info about it

Any of you guys got answers? Any help is appreciated
>>
>>30661799
>Former stoners, tell me how you got over it

don't be a cunt and learn to have a little self control
>>
>>30665069

If youre getting a bachelors in comp sci, youll make waaay more outside the military than you would in.
>>
>>30670987

>Ask lots of questions, but not dumb questions.

youre canadian and you are going to act like you know whats up at Lackland? Fucking retard.

Dont listen to this guy. Listen to the first guy who told you to stfu. Be a fly on the wall at Lackland, dont be the best in the flight, dont be the worst. I made it through until the last week without my TI even knowing my name when he called me up for honor grad.
>>
>>30676498
If you can do 30/30 on pushups/situps you'll be fine most likely. Some have gone in with worse.

If you are above a 9 minute mile work on it. Right now.
>>
I have a packet for 35M reserved, I just need to take the DLAB on Thursday and then I swear in on Friday.

Now, anyone have any advice for the DLAB? I usually test really well and I did great on the pre-test, just curious if they're going to throw me any curves.

Also, 35M, anyone have any opinions on it? Humint sounded good for jobs like FBI after the fact.
>>
>>30671184
She can't do jack shit to stop you unless she destroys your birth certificate and high school diploma or some shit.
>>
>>30678966
>"Has this person ever left the country under suspicious circumstances?"
>"Has this person ever expressed anti-government ideas?"
>"Has this person attempted to coerce you into illegal activities?"

And so on.
>>
Is it true the airforce is stepping up recruitment for the next couple months?

Does anyone know anyone who was a TACP? I'd like to know more about it
>>
>>30679696
Nebraska by any chance?
>>
>>30674853
Scout sniper in the marine corps. Look it up. You can do long range and kick doors. Be sure to end up in battalion or force recon.
>>
>>30679876
TACP is just following Army and Marine guys around and coordinating air and artillery strikes.
>>
>>30661799
smoke fags instead
>>
>>30671591
Not him but depressed doesn't nessisarily mean he's just anxious and sad, could be that he find little meaning in his day to day life and is feeling a lot of existential dread, in which case military service might help him find a place, give him a reason to carry on
Or he might flip his lid and blast some people before blowing his own brains out, who knows
>>
>>30679906
Massachusetts.
>>
How does the consult for ADD/ADHD needed for work?
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 1136x640px
>>30680167
I think you can get a waiver.

Question.
When your getting screamed at by 3 DI's at the same time. Which one do you listen too?
>>
>>30676498
Hey cool man I leave in 6 days for 25c at Benning. Good luck fag.
>>
>>30680394
I was wondering what the process of getting the waiver involved. I want to know if dropping out of college would affect that
>>
>>30680394
>When your getting screamed at by 3 DI's at the same time. Which one do you listen too?

All of them at the same time to the best of your ability. Its not about doing what you're told at that point, it's about not breaking the fuck down in the face of an extremely stressful and confusing experience.
>>
>>30671184
Mother reacted poorly. Told me not to join and then told me only idiots join the army and started crying.

My dad said good for you.
>>
>>30680412
>I was wondering what the process of getting the waiver involved.
Don't tell them. Because if you do right now flat out they will DQ you. Standards are high right now they don't want anyone who isn't near perfect mentally.
>>
Is 20/18 vision bad?
>>
>>30680489
>20/18
better than average. I had 20/15 and thought I needed glasses until someone explained it to me.
>>
File: running for president.gif (3MB, 254x348px) Image search: [Google]
running for president.gif
3MB, 254x348px
>>30679372
>mfw 12-minute mile

I don't have a ship date yet, though.

I'm making good progress, desu. When I started out three weeks ago, I was panting my heart out after half a mile in 10 minutes.

I just hope I don't get a ship date that's a month away or something
>>
>>30680480
When I was around 11 years old or so, my mother made me see a psychologist for reasons I don't even remember. I forgot to tell my recruiter about that. Should I just not say anything? I didn't sign anything yet.
>>
>>30680422
So If one is screaming "parade rest" while another one is telling you to "present arms" or something, you do one and then the other? You won't get in trouble for not being sure how to react?
>>
>>30680712
Yes you do both. They're gonna yell at you either way. They're just trying to see if you break under pressure.
>>
>>30680691
Don't say anything. It can only end badly for you.
>>
I went to MEPS and I got through it perfectly fine, got my boot camp date and swore in and everything
I forgot to tell my recruiter I had an ingrown toenail removed am I fucked to high heaven
>>
>>30680630
for your run, find someone to run with who can push you. when you are in basic, at tsome point they will seperate you into "ability groups" if you time is near the top of the time bracket for one group, go run with the next fastest group
>>
File: image.jpg (331KB, 1600x1412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331KB, 1600x1412px
>>30680018
I am the guy that posted
>>30671345
I feel like joining would give me a sense of bettering myself. I'm currently working a beyond dead end job that treats me like shit, my family is falling apart and I have maybe $400 to my name at best. My back really is to the wall

I feel like enlisting will;
>better me
>make me become a stronger person
>give me a sense of purpose
>earn me respect from my peers

Maybe I'm just going about this all wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 5000x4638px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 5000x4638px
>>30674467
>>
>>30680712
There really isn't an order you have to do them in. They're going to scream I again if you do the other ones command first.

You may or may not see them literally laughing about the whole thing later
>>
>>30680753
Won't they see it in my records and v& me for lying or something on official documents? Especially if I need a security clearance.
>>
>>30680867
I think you're greatly overestimating how much effort the army puts into actually verifying your background.
>>
>>30680894
I wanna go muhreens
>>
>>30680867
Unless it was court ordered i don't see which records that they would search it would show up in. There's no database of all people who ever saw a psychologist. If you don't bring it up they'll never know.

Even if it happened when you were 11 it could still get you in trouble, anything regarding depression or mental issues could get you in deep shit. You have nothing to win and everything to lose by telling them. Just keep your mouth shut.

If they against all odds would find out then shit, you were 11 say you forgot.
>>
>>30680914
Then you're greatly overestimating how much effort the Marines put into verifying your background.
>>
>>30664159
The actual conditions on a submarine are only an aggravating factor.

The thing that makes people blow their brains out (with greater frequency than basically any other part of the military) is the fact that you work ridiculously long hours while also being treated like you're subhuman.

SSBNs aren't quite so bad overall because of the crew rotations, but working on an attack submarine in any capacity is probably one of the worst things you could possibly be doing in the Navy.
>>
File: 21331.jpg (545KB, 2500x1656px) Image search: [Google]
21331.jpg
545KB, 2500x1656px
>>30659763
hello all OCS candidate here had battalion board last week they really liked me just stuck waiting for usrec board to come back say something (its killing me), either active duty or reserve commission (just happy to serve) any body have any idea on how long it takes them
>>
>>30661391
>>30666783
I have beaten off in vertical launch center, combat systems electronic space, the towed array handing space and in athwardships directly under the forward escape trunk.

But that's because I'm a habitual masturbator.

Also don't get cum on the fucking torpedoes.
>>
>>30681014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TlOD2anqOU
>>
>>30679918
And how's the path from that to MARSOC?
>>
I scored an 85 on the practice ASVAB today but have zero interest in being anything beyond a 11B, 11C, or a 31B. My goal is to become a 31K if possible. I want to go get into the shit for a while and shoot something. Advice? I head to MEPs the 1st.
>>
>>30681108
It's peace time kid. You aren't doing shit. Your platoon sergeant will probably be a woman.
>>
I'm looking to go 12B, but when I was 13 my parents got divorced and I was depressed, so my mom had a court ordered therapist look at me. I've stopped seeing him because he said I'm no longer depressed, but am I still fucked?
>>
>>30681155
Fuck. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>30680920
>>30680753
is this also recommended for canadian forces?
>>
>>30680832
What if you don't end up liking it? Are you really willing to piss away 4 years of your life At minimum?
>>
Is it normal for recruiters to go soliciting door-to-door?

Apparently a guy in a suit knocked on my door when I was away this morning and left some Navy pamphlets and his card. Despite the fact that I've been strongly considering joining the military for a few months now, I've yet to actually speak with a recruiter or sign up for anything, so I don't think he was trying to speak with me in particular. I just think it's weird that he would be visiting every house on the block, inquiring if they have any young men interested in enlisting.
>>
>>30681392
Recruiters can do it if they wish. For example, when they show up in a high school, unless there is every branch there at the same time, the office didn't tell them to go there. They have a quota, and they also get a bonus for every person they get to enlist.
>>
File: Acewtf.jpg (49KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Acewtf.jpg
49KB, 320x240px
Can someone explain this to me?

I'm reading about getting selected at SFAS. In my mind, unless you are an athletic superhuman, you don't stand a chance. At least that's the impression I got.

Then I look and I see this: http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/sfas/prepare.html

>The average PT score for SFAS graduates is 250.

Are you fucking kidding me? I thought if you didn't nail a 300 you didn't stand a chance. How are guys who are scoring 250 or below getting selected?
>>
>>30681464
Visiting a high school sounds like a good investment of time though, since you can reach a lot of young people in a relatively short amount of time. This kind of solicitation seems like it would be incredibly less efficient.

Am I to assume that if he's going door-to-door that the local office is hard up for recruits?
>>
File: 1435269027241.jpg (229KB, 1054x793px) Image search: [Google]
1435269027241.jpg
229KB, 1054x793px
>score an 80 on asvab
>just wanted to go CTR in navy
>Recruiter spent like 30 minutes trying to talk me into nuke
>had me write a paper on why I wanted to be in the navy, and another as to why I would or would not want to go nuc
>Told him I didn't want to several times
>Asked me what I would do if the jobs in CT were not available (CTN is at 85% manning according to /k/ links)
>tells me he doesn't want to waste any time if I'm not serious about joining the navy
>as he tried to bullshit me into nuc and I tried to bullshit my way out of it, the other recruiter was smirking and trying not to laugh at the back and forth

also, those sailor uniforms are super cute. I cant wait to wear one kyaaa~
>>
>>30681108
>>30681155

Yeah, peacetime sucks.

If you want 11B anyway, sign up for a Opt 40 contract to get in with the Rangers, or an 18x contract to go SF. Keep in mind you will most likely fail, but at least then you be regulated back to 11B.
>>
Fair enough and not a bad idea. I am actually sitting outside the recruiting office as we speak abd will look into that.
>>
>>30681658
Meant for >>30681618
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 400x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 400x409px
If I was to go 0311 in the Muhreens, what should I know?

>what level of clearance would I need to get?
>how likely is it I'll get deployed?
>is being a Muhreen all it's built up to be?
>do they look at your social media accounts? Because I had a troll one back in high school that was an edgelord account.
>what is the likelyhood of getting kill when fighting sand people, and what is the average engagement distance?
>>
>>30681739
>is being a Muhreen all it's built up to be?

No, they have a great PR department but muhreens have shitty living conditions and promotion rates suck. Do it if you want a spiffy uniform and tell everyone back home that you're a marine.

And right now you're very unlikely to be sent into combat.
>>
>>30682001
I'm only wanna do it because I have nothing better to do. How much better is the army? 19D stood out to me.
>>
how much am i going to hate myself if i attempt a munitions contract in the air force? should i just talk to the navy if my recruiter keeps trying to pressure me into staying EOD that i said yes to once over the phone?
>>
>>30681604
Do they really let autists into the military now?
>>
>>30678533

Don't forget the whole other half of MI who work strat missions and never leave their Facilities.

Tactical intel is only one portion of the MI pie.
>>
>>30681618

>Keep in mind you will most likely fail, but at least then you be regulated back to 11B

Not actually true nowadays. They're sending 18X drops into other MOSs since they don't need Airborne infantrymen right now. It's Needs of the Army, like always.
>>
>>30682487

>Implying the cryptographically inclined parts of the military weren't literally invented by autists in WW2.

The NSA was originally a bunch of Army dudes with waifus and shit, you know.
>>
>>30682487
I will contribute to the best of my autistic ability, granted I am given the chance to prove myself as a man, and they don't give me a pussy treatment in boot camp or further on.
The only thing that had me worried is that they wouldn't be hard enough physically on new recruits ever since women became a part of the military. I want to feel a sense of pride after completing something tough.
>>
>>30682754
Relax. You're going into the Navy not Army/Marines.
>>
File: 1463848772588.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463848772588.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>>30682775
b-but I want to get a thank you for your service, not a dank you for your service :DDD
>>
File: 1467610439838.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1467610439838.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>30682819
>>
>>30678772
Don't forget to let them know a military recruiter might come knocking. That way, you can gauge how willing they are to help you and they know to prepare good things to say about you. "They'll ask about leadership, teamwork, creativity, and initiative, etc. etc, so please talk about the one time I/we ______."
>>
>>30682844
I couldn't think of anyone, so my recruiter said I could use my brother in law. I have not talked to my brother in law much, maybe a few sentences here and there.
The other one was a NEET friend, and the third was a co worker.

Actually, I haven't told anyone that I wrote their names down.
>>
>>30682819
MCFUCKINGKILLYOURSELF
>>
>>30679295
Not him, but I'm an electrical engineer who really wants to do analog circuits for space stuff (aerospace is good too). Going into the airforce and doing 62E is a good way to make connections and pad my resume with "managed engineering projects in the airforce for 5 years" and get a job at boeing, lockheed, northrop, nasa, etc. There's also AFIT for master's/phd if I want to go that route. Plus, my current job only offers 10 vacation days per year and I miss my family, so the extra 20 days is worth the decreased salary for me.
>>
File: veterans.jpg (63KB, 504x360px) Image search: [Google]
veterans.jpg
63KB, 504x360px
>>30682819
Thank you for your service!
>>
>>30678352
>>30678456
Dont go Nuke it sucks. Unless you want to stay in that field once you are out. benefits are the same for everyone so if you are getting out choose a better rate.
>>30681521
From what i hear its a mental thing. If you dont like being up for 3 days and walking around in a swamp in the dead of night on an empty stomach you will quit. The physical part is a givin but the mental aspect people overlook.
>>30681604
Tell him if he keeps jerking you around you are going to go to another recruiter. End of story
>>
File: 1468823515541.jpg (32KB, 372x483px) Image search: [Google]
1468823515541.jpg
32KB, 372x483px
Mfw none of you faggots have the balls to join.
>>
>>30682819
I wonder how much spaghetti weebfags like you will spill when being yelled at in basic
>>
>>30682948
I will next year after I finish my Associate's
>>
>>30682882
Tell them right now. Go tell them. Think about what you'd say if you had to talk about your brother in law and co worker on the spot. Think about all the spaghetti you'd spill and embarrassing shit you might blurt out.

Seriously, go talk to them and tell them this is serious and you'd appreciate their help.
>>
File: 1452844623152.jpg (78KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1452844623152.jpg
78KB, 480x542px
>>30682952
I'm not a pussy scared of being yelled at. My dad used to beat me bruised and I just played dead till he went away. Some guy yelling at me telling me to swim in cold water, and isn't allowed to hit me, doesn't bother me.

Besides, I'm a mega handsome bishounen so I'll be left alone just fine
>>
>>30683022
You're going to get raped. And you're probably going to enjoy it.
>>
I'm about to finish my associates this winter. today I was approached by a marine recruiter because they noticed how fit I was. I want to join because I won't have enough to pay for my bachelor's without taking out a loan. What would be the minimum amount of time I would have to be in the Marines? if I do active what are the chances I will go out of the country? If I do reserve will i have time to finish my bachelor's?
>>
So what's the Marine meme in that the Marines are actually complete shit when compared to the army.
>>
>>30682754
>is that they wouldn't be hard enough physically on new recruits
Pretty tough talk for a faggot who hasn't done it himself yet. Get the fuck over yourself, you'll accomplish whatever they tell you to.

>>30683022
>I'm a mega handsome bishounen
This is bait. No one can have this little awareness.
>>
After meps, do I just go home or what?
>>
>>30659763
I got a 65 on the practice asvab. My recruiter tells me that it's harder than the real one. Is this true? Should I study for it?
>>
>>30683549

If you want a job that requires a good score, you should definitely study for it. If you just want the absolute minimum score to join, you're probably fine right now.
>>
>>30683549
65 Is above average, and the practice ASVAB does have more challanging / different questions. I never studied, got a 75 and all of my line scores were 110+ with an avg of 118 GT score. GT score is what really matters to be honest.

>>30683380
Yeah, you go home and report to your recruiting office where you'll pick an MOS and then the next time you go to MEPS you'll do a bunch of dumb shit like the underwear olympics. Then you're off to go to basic from MEPS.

>>30683164
Shittier equipment and field problems, however held to a much higher standard PT wise.

>>30683155
3 years but you can also go reserve. Active duty means you will have high probability, could easily end up in Japan.

You do reserve and you're fine either way.
>>
How hard is joining the FFL?
>>
>>30684981
>>30684981
>>30684981
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.