[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dolos System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (42KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 1080x608px
Want to slap a system on an AR to quickly switch barrels, but don't like giving up picatinny rails. Are there any other systems which can compete with Dolos in terms of speed, cost, reliability, and ease of installation?

Pic related
>>
Dont be a cheap bastard. Just build a different upper.
>>
>>30655175
LMT did this like 15 years ago and they aren't a flyby night me too company.
>>
Solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
>>
No benifit at all. Sights would have to be released zeroed, and depending on the round, the bolt would need to be swapped. Just build a second upper.
>>
>>30655237
/thread
all other answers are inferior
>>
>>30655187
this, literally takes 15 seconds to undo the pins to remove the upper plus then you can have different optics and theyll all keep their zeros
>>
I dunno if it helps, Im about one tier above a nogunz, but I want to be able to switch out quickly for different barrel lengths, so I can have a 7" barrel or whatever without ATF fucking my anus for SBR, as long as I don't attach it, and a 30" barrel for hunting scenarios.
>>
>>30655749
>30" barrel

Ruger SR556 Takedown has quick change barrels
>>
>>30655175
faggotry
>>
>>30655749
If it wasn't an SBR and you had a 7" barrel, you could get pegged for constructive intent.
>>
>>30655749
you'd best buy an AR-15 pistol with a brace and a 30" upper for hunting.

just never put a stock on that thing and always deny that you used the brace as a stock. you used it as a "cheekrest" and despite how it looked it wasn't touching your shoulder.

or just get an SBR, but those are illegal in many states.

30" is way too long for a barrel, what's the point? go for a 20"
>>
>>30655866
Thanks man, that's actually helpful. >>30656415
My idea was to have a long ranged rifle that mimics a sniper rifle as closely as possible without extra weight, I read that every inch of barrel length should account for about 25 fps, enough to massively alter the ballistics of the rifle.

You guis really think I should stop jewing around and just but another upper?
>>
>>30657157
It's actually about 100 fps per inch, up to a certain point. But yes, you should definitely build another upper. Buy a really nice expensive barrel with a matched bolt and buy the other stuff on sale or blemished from psa
>>
>>30657157
Another "buy a second upper" vote here. Almost done with my 16" 5.56 upper build, planning a Grendel build with a longer barrel and scope eventually.
>>
>>30656415
wtf do I have to do to make it an AR-15 pistol?
>>30657327
If I were to build another upper, could I just slap a different upper onto the same lower, like a .308, and pair it with a new mag and barrel? No need to match up a new lower to account for it? I've never done this before
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.