[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muh 10/22

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1167.jpg (27KB, 825x195px) Image search: [Google]
1167.jpg
27KB, 825x195px
I don't get why IraqWarVeteran8888 has such a hardon for ruger 10/22s and thinks they're good for home defence and SHTF, anyone understand his reasoning? Is .22lr actually good for non sporting applications?
>>
>>30651238
Is .22lr actually good for non sporting applications?
not the end all be all but it definitely has a lot of applications.
>>
What can it do in terms of damage? Wouldn't it take too long to kill to be good?
>>
File: 20160714_213018.jpg (517KB, 1392x1392px) Image search: [Google]
20160714_213018.jpg
517KB, 1392x1392px
>>30651238
R8 my 10-22. Only gun I have atm and ive got it locked and loaded due to recent BLM protests close to my house. I have 500 rounds. Will I be ok?
>>
>>30651306
I don't own a 10/22 and don't understand the philosophy behind using one for anything other than target shooting and plinking and small game, so I can say only this much, you could kill a lot of fucking squirrels with that machine
>>
File: 20160716_235642.jpg (546KB, 1392x1392px) Image search: [Google]
20160716_235642.jpg
546KB, 1392x1392px
>>30651338
Has a flash hider on it too which I thought was pretty cool. Need to take it out to my buddys land to do a little critter cleanup. Taken it to the range a couple times and it was a blast
>>
>>30651238
You can carry 3 thousand bullets for it without being hindered at all.
>>
>>30651306
REMOVE ACORN
>>
>>30651284
if you fill someone with 22 they'll be dead just as quickly as anything else
>>
>>30651414
Sounds p cool, but do you reckon you could kill an intruder dead good with it
>>
>>30651306
campinginnawoodshuntin'squirrelscheaply/10
>>
Man I am loving some of the replies on here
>>
>>30651306
it's a gun that shoots bullets, so you're doin pretty OK.
>>
^He's got the right idea, at least it doesn't shoot dragon dicks
>>
>>30651453
I think so desu. I have 25 rounds in the magazine and since it's semi automatic you can dump it pretty quick. Its also short enough to handle in small spaces since its pretty tiny compared to other rifles. Not sure about overpenetration with a 22 but I do know that they can travel pretty long distances. Anyways its all I have so it will have to do
>>
Defiantly could kill intruder dead
>live Kentucky
>people don't have money for nice shit
>not enough for food but back woods
>no cops and shit
>people hunt deer with 22lr
>MFW I saw first deer drop with one shot in the head

Also
No recoil
Easy to suppress
100 round drums cheep
Carry thousands of rounds
Modern .22 ammo quite reliable
Only risk is jams
Low risk eveN
Can shot it as fast as you want stay on target
Maybe not my first choice but works fine
Just hve good shot placement

>navy seals carry .22lr back up personals guns all the time
>>
>>30651511
I really should get one honestly, my model 60 is a pain in the ass to load and I need a good plinking thing. But at the same time, I really wanna buy an AR parts kit
>>
>>30651263
.22lr is easy to hunt small game and easy to supress but I'd want a variety of larger calibers for SHTF. I suspect he just wants more people to get into shooting, and a 10/22 is a fun, reliable, accurate, customizable, non-threatening entry point that is available in damn near every country in the world, even the most cucked.
>>
>>30651518
That's pretty cool to know, actually
>>
Well shit, this thread has now added another gun to my list. I now really wanna get one of them.
>>
>>30651544
Idk what your priorities are but this thing really is a hell of a lot of fun. I actually own two guns the other is a savage 340 30-30 bolt action. Its old af but its in pristine conditiom. So old it doesnt have serial numbers but it looks brand new its crazy. That was my first gun so I will never sell it. Anyways ive had plenty of guns but Ive elected to keep the 10-22 over everything else cause its been so damn fun and I figured it is somewhat practical for defense.
>>
How do you reload .22LR?
>>
My priorities are kinda screwed. I wanna get a hi cap 1911 for EDC but at the same time I really want to get a rifle that isn't my fucking nugget.
>>
Also poorfag so it's all one gun at a time over a long time period and I most likely am gonna have to build almost every gun I get because I can't afford 'em premade.
>>
>>30651599
You can't reload rimfire cartridges
>>
>>30651645
Most 10-22s are pretty cheap. Mine is a Takedown model with mossy oak camo so I think it might be a little more pricey than a plain jane one. Im pretty sure they are around 350 and all of them will accept the bx25 magazines I have. Its like a tiny mini14 lol. Im going to purchase a few more guns since im starting to make good money again but this one will prob always be my favorite
>>
>>30651701
Actually...?

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2015/8/18/reloading-22-long-rifle-a-new-option-for-competitors/
>>
>>30651701
That is sad but I more or less thought as much
>>
>>30651701
Technically speaking you can, but it's just not worth the bother.
>>
>>30651739
If you can find them theyre so cheap it probably wouldnt be worth the hassle
>>
>>30651518
>Modern .22 ammo quite reliable
>Only risk is jams
>Low risk eveN
This is just wrong. I've owned two 10/22s and neither have run reliable enough for me to trust my life on with them. Turns out trying to make a small rimmed cartridge cycle is a bit of a trick. After a few mags or so stovepipes and failures to extract are common.

They're good .22's, but trying to trust your life on a .22 is just dumb.
>>
>>30651563
it's possible, just dangerous to the deer. Deer heads are twitchy so they could move and you miss, hitting it in the jaw or something that doesn't kill it quickly.
>>
>>30651518
Where im from a 22 magnum is a popular poaching round. Not a 22 lr though
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.