[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ approved pepper spray

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (144KB, 754x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 754x461px
Can I get some recommendations for pepper sprays? I carry a gun and knife on me but I'd like something for when I'm at my JATC classes where firearms are a no no. I believe there are liquids, foams, and gels. Amazon seems to offer a lot of options but a lot of them look like baby back bitch sizes. What should I buy? Also, pepper spray general if there's any interest.
>>
shameless bump
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 214x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 214x210px
>>
Safariland makes some mean shit called K3. I use it on duty to keep the bad puppers away.

They also make K5 foam variant. I have no idea where to buy other than a police store of some kind.
>>
Don't carry pepper spray for dindu defense. If you ever shoot somebody you'll have to explain to the court why you didn't use your pepper spray, and it'll look suspicious (like you killed somebody when you didn't need to).
>>
Also interested, want to buy pepper spray/mace for wife who does not want to carry a gun
>>
>>30639374
FOX spray is what they hit us with in the police academy. It lasted for probably eight hours, then reactivates when you shower because its in your pores, I would rather be tased thousands of times than ever be sprayed again, it was the worst pain I've ever felt in my entire life.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160716-024437.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160716-024437.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Kek
>>
File: Screenshot_20160716-024512.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160716-024512.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>30641098
Trump behind the smiling guy?
>>
>>30639659
this is for when he isn't carrying the gun
>>
FoxLabs and UDAP are pretty good.

The three things you'll see on pepper spray labels are OC, MC, and SHU.

MC is major capsaicinoids, the chemical component that makes peppers hot. Tested in a lab and the most accurate number. 2% is what's used for bear spray, so if it's good enough for bears, it's probably good enough for people.

OC is the percentage of oil that contains the capsaicinoids. Can be misleading and used by marketing to make their spray sound better. A 20% OC spray can be weaker than a 10% spray. It's like saying you've got more powder in your bullet, but it's not listed anywhere that you're using a .25 while the competition is using a .44 magnum.

SHU stands for the Scoville Heat Scale, which is the hotness of the OC. Also can be misleading and used by marketing to make their spray sound better. You could be using a bigger more effective bullet, but if it doesn't have enough powder to clear the barrel, it won't be as effective as a weaker bullet that actually hits.

Here's an article that goes more in depth on determining the actual hotness of a pepper spray: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/how-hot-is-it-understanding-pepper-spray/

There are multiple spray patterns: stream, cone (mist), fog, gel, and foam.

>Stream
Pros
Good range, 12-15 feet
Not as susceptible to the elements

Cons:
Harder to be accurate with
Not as easily breathed in

>Cone mist
Pros:
Covers a bigger area, making it more likely to hit
Easier for attacker to breathe in and affect breathing

Cons:
Shorter range 8-10 feet
Susceptible to elements

>Fog
Pros:
Most range 20 feet or more
Good for crowd control

Cons:
Susceptible to elements
Might hit other people

>Gel/foam
Pros:
Good range, more than stream
Less affected by elements
Less chance for cross contamination

Cons:
More expensive
Requires more aiming like stream
Might be fuddlore, but I heard of attackers being hit with gel or foam and scooping it out and throwing it back at the person using it.
>>
Go mustard or go home
>>
lead
>>
>>30639659
>I'd like something for when I'm at my JATC classes where firearms are a no no

Try reading next time.
>>
File: 1449188663089.jpg (54KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1449188663089.jpg
54KB, 604x453px
>>30641339
>Might be fuddlore, but I heard of attackers being hit with gel or foam and scooping it out and throwing it back at the person using it.

Thats great
>>
>>30639374
Not quite pepper spray, but I've heard they make rape whistles as loud as a .45
>>
Big old fucking can of bear mace
>>
>>30639374
Kek I remember when that bitch got it to the face, fucking cunt
>>
>>30641098
Charge your phone dickhead.
>>
>>30643348
this
get some bear spray OP
>>
File: 1403650439477.jpg (124KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
1403650439477.jpg
124KB, 640x580px
>>30639374
Smokin' hot cute little Hooters waitress sits next to me in English class last semester.
"Follow me to Hooters" keychain lanyard.
>Oh she has asthma - I won't wear too much cologne
>OOOoooooh, that's a pink pepper spray canister
that she's just tossing around like it's nothing on hard surface

nervegas.gif
You wait n' see
>>
>>30639374
>/k/ approved
>pepper spray
Since when does /k/ approve of any non-lethal methods of protecting one's self?
>>
>>30639374
Get CS, not OC.

I have sprayed myself with OC for fun, and while it sucks (and for a while afterwards) if I were angry and trying to kill you I'd just kill you harder. CS makes me gag.
>>
>>30639374
Ive never had to use it before, but ive carried pepper spray for years.

I had a FOX metal can one and it got banged up in the pocket. It started to get dents and divots and other things that make me worry. Its a pressurized can of poison; you would think this thing would be more abuse resistant. Im not even all that physical or hard on my pockets as far as I can tell.

I only carried it for about a month before I decided there is no way in hell this thing is going to make it to the 2 year expiration date without springing a leak.

Maybe it was designed only to be carried in a nylon pouch and not just tossed in a pocket? It came with a pouch.

The plastic ones dont do this. Sabre has nice plastic ones. If you take them apart its actually still a metal can inside a plastic holder, but the plastic keeps the can safe from impacts.

The gel seems to have the longest range. You might think its easier to hit with a cone, and im sure it is. But if your aim is off you can just reposition the stream until its on the guys face. Its sort of like its own built in tracer.

The flip top safetys suck. You can easily get your finger in there and activate it without pushing the top out of the way. I would assume your car keys or a pen could do the same. The rotation safetys also suck. Numerous times I would pull the can out of my pocket and find it fully armed. If this was a gun it would be completely unacceptable, probably even recalled.
>>
>>30639374
Another thing: dont trust aggregate reviews too much for pepper spray. Like 80%+ are going to be soccer moms "i used it on a dog and the dog didnt like it too much!!!!1! SO GOOD!"
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.