[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5.7x28mm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 52

File: 57ps90.jpg (384KB, 1240x867px) Image search: [Google]
57ps90.jpg
384KB, 1240x867px
Can we talk about 5.7x28?

I am interested in it because of its high capacity, accuracy, and the size, weight, handling and shooting characteristics of the Five-seveN and the PS90. But I have a couple of reservations: namely cost and lethality.

Please do not post about it being a .22 magnum. I already know this is false. But just how lethal is it? Searching around online leads me to two extremes: one that says "all the LEO/military guys say it takes a million rounds to kill someone with 5.7" and another that talks about the Ft. Hood shooting (anyone who was shot in the torso, even just once, died, the only survivors were those hit in the arms or legs) and hog hunting and how they took hogs with it in one shot or something. Does the truth lie somewhere in the middle?

Are our only real reservations about this cartridge cost and availability? If it were the same price as 9mm and just as available in stores, would the 5.7 see more use?

For concealed carry, I am happy paying a little more for ammo if it means I can hold 21 rounds on board in the same size as a 1911 with the weight of a Glock 26 and can split playing cards at 50 yards. But if those 21 rounds won't kill anyone... then I will choose something else.

Summoning the 5.7 tripfag as well. Also interested in people who own Five-seveNs and/or PS90s giving reviews on how they like them.
>>
If you're going to carry a 1911 size carry a 1911. Because you know, 45ACP can stop. If your worried about size and weight, get a 4 inch.
>>
>>30638495
I own a five seven and its a pretty fun gun. Doesn't server any real purpose though, too big too carry, poor for self defense in tight quarters cause it over penetrates iirc (can someone confirm this?).

That said its a blast to shoot even just at paper. Its accurate, recoil is very mild if not barely existent. Makes things explode well. I've recently been using it as a varmint gun at my cabin and its superb at that as well.

The gun physically is solid. Despite being polymer it feels like it can hold up to hell and back and nothing feels cheap (although it feels weird putting plastics mags in). The mag release isn't very smooth IMO either (but I've always preferred paddle style). Haven't had a chance to disassemble mine but I hear they can kinda be a pain.
>>
I own a 5.7 MK2 and I like it, shoots great and honestly only plebs who live paycheck to paycheck complain about the price.

I have a concealable plate carrier and battle belt with custom magazine pouches and blade-tech OWB holster attached to belt which works great and doesn't bunch up like a tacticool setup would.

I wouldn't necessarily conceal carry it as I have other weapons I would rather do that with, but if I needed to strap on something quickly and have the ability to put rounds down range without worrying about emptying out, I would stick to this handgun until I could get to my actual battle rifle and plate carrier geared towards armed threats.
>>
>>30638495
I own both. The five seven is far to big to cc, but is really fun to shoot. My P90 is still in the box, owned it for 10 years and never shot it.
>>
Because it's a higher velocity round, it needs a longer barrel to generate proper velocity so it can have any force at all. It would still be less favored because it could not be easily cut down to an easily concealed carry barrel length while retaining enough of its current, albeit minimal, stopping power.

As far as lethality go, if we look at it as a tumbling, fast moving round it can do horrendous damage so it makes sense that once within a body cavity it could prove lethal. Extremities wouldn't suffer too terrible of damage because of rapid overpenetration or binding in denser muscle tissue as in legs.
>>
I've rented one a couple times at a range. it's got no recoil at all, but the safety is too goofy to ignore.

If your that concerned about capacity, Pearce makes +3 baseplates for Glock mags, for 20+1 in G17 mags
>>
File: 20151210_202326-1.jpg (3MB, 1411x3543px) Image search: [Google]
20151210_202326-1.jpg
3MB, 1411x3543px
It's definitely a harder hitting round than .22 magnum, my only concern is range compared to the having an AR-15, and sighting it in because it's a bitch to do it. Or I'm retarded. Super pricey to feed as well, but I've seen some good deals online if you keep an eye out for them. Try not to buy single boxes from in store
>>
File: 1367728276475.jpg (54KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1367728276475.jpg
54KB, 500x496px
>>
File: 1464312991709.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464312991709.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
>>30638787
>and sighting it in because it's a bitch to do it.
>>
>>30638613
>>30638598
>>30638563
>>30638777
Appreciate the input and reviews. I'm not worried about size for concealed carry. I can't carry a full size CZ 75 SP-01 or a Desert Eagle but short of that I can conceal just fine. I have tried several firearms larger than the Five-seveN and can conceal them effortlessly, so size is not much of a concern to me.

How is the safety? One of my concerns is being able to flick it off quickly under stress. Where with a thumb safety it's almost instinctual, the trigger-finger operation on a one-hand sort of "bad breath distance" draw would concern me as I might miss and my finger might slip. I appreciate >>30638777 but I don't like Glocks. Been carrying one for over 3 years now and I have hated it for at least 2.

Also that Blade-Tech setup sounds nice.

>>30638559
1911 is definitely on the table. I realize it's nearly a polar opposite firearm to the Five-seveN but I like both. 1911s however are tried and true and have been around over 100 years and have proven themselves capable as well as the ability to buy and replace more parts as needed. It's a classic, heirloom-type firearm. I like that about. It's also nice and slim and shootable. But out of reliability concerns I would go with the full size.
>>
>>30638495
>Cost
It costs as much as .45acp ammo.
>>
>>30638826
>It costs as much as .45acp ammo.
But way cooler.
>>
>>30638799
I dunno, I thought I had it pretty well set in at 12 yards, but when I was out shooting bunnies it was hitting pretty low. Went back to the range and same deal. I'm using a Burris Fast fire 2 red dot
>>
>>30638826
but you're not supposed to reload it
>>
Noguns are comfortable firing it as a first gun, girls get wet shooting for the first time with it. Easy sight picture, minimal recoil, very accurate. I use mine to take girls out shooting mostly. Just another range toy.
>>
>>30638860
You need to sight it in at 25 yards, at least. Preferably more like 50 yards. Then, you'll be aiming high at closer targets, but you'll be spot-on at 50-100 yards.
>>
File: 20160715_223647.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_223647.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>30638802
Practice makes perfect, I feel comfortable with the safety being ambidextrous to unlock.

My initial instincts is to get cover, retrieve equipment, assess situation, carry on accordingly.
>>
>>30638863
Excuse me? You can reload 5.7x28 just fine.
>>
>>30638802
To answer your safety question I find its pretty easy to manipulate, plus it's ambi so you can use your trigger finger or your support hand or both to actuate it.
As far as the five seven goes I love mine, and I'm able to shoot realy well with it. If you plan on carrying it use ea ammo, but there are so many conflicting reports of its effectiveness. The main thing it does not have is penetration. But if your able to quickly put 3 or more rounds on target, that might be better than 3 less accurate shots
>>
>>30638895
Can the 5.7 do anything to a person at 100 yards? Also is the Burris Fast fire 2 good to go on the ps90 or do I need to try something that isn't for handguns?
>>
>>30638919
5.7 is g2g out to 100 yards. After that, it drops out of the sky like a potato. Don't know about that optic, but any optic you use on a rifle or handgun should work fine on it.
>>
>>30638943
Hot damn, I was scared that it was like only effective from 25 yards or closer. Thanks man
>>
>no full auto p90 to role play as a secret service agent
What's the point?
>>
>>30638964
Get a SBR Class III you pleb.
>>
So is there much difference in performance when you SBR your ps90? Like loss of energy?
>>
>>30638978
Still not full auto.
>>
>>30638996
It's negligible IIRC. P90 was meant to be a SBR to begin with.
>>
>>30639018
That's what I was thinking, just wanted to be sure before I begin the process
>>
>>30638978
Not the same without full auto. Also I'm fine with the factory length barrel. Why get a bullpup just to SBR it?
>>
>>30638495
I want both of those so bad :(

When I move to real America I will have both
>>
So does anyone have a chest rig or gear set up for their ps90? Any advice or good deals to look at? I could keep the mags in my ass if I wanted to buthe I don't want to have to bleach my asshole
>>
Here's a real, no bullshit answer: the 5.7 was designed from the ground up to defeat armor in a compact fire arm. If you aren't using the AP ammo, you aren't getting the most out of it, and it is comparable to a 22 mag (you just don't respect the damage it can do). The guns are well made and reliable, the capacity it great, and the low recoil brings solid follow up shots. The serious arguments against the 5.7 are mostly that something else works better and/or is cheaper. A chest wound from a 5.7 has a good chance of killing, but why stop at one with any caliber. Bottom line, caliber matters less than fire arm, which matters less than the shooter.
>>
>>30638905
Case is lacquered.
>>
>>30638802
Instead of buying a shitty, low capacity meme gun or a shitty, high capacity meme gun, just buy a double stack 9mm like everyone else who isn't an idiot has done.
>>
>>30640979
5.7 x 28 is better than 9mm in that regard. Lots of ammo capacity, low recoil, good enough penetration to take down humans.
>>
>>30638802
Get a 1911 in .22TCM. problem solved
>>
>>30640988
Questionable lethality, expense, much more difficult to acquire ammo for, and a Five-seven costs almost as much as two Glocks.

Everyone who actually shoots has gravitated towards 9mm for a reason. It's the best balance between capacity, lethality, controllability, and cost.

1911s and Five Sevens are range toys who get carried by nostalgia fags and people who think video games are real life.
>>
>>30641012
Stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>30641012
Don't fucking compare 1911s and Five Sevens. 1911s are old, low ammo capacity, and have an outdated round. The Five Seven is new and has a high ammo capacity in a modernized round. It's just about the opposite of a 1911. The only reason to object is the cost and the size.
>>
>>30640976
No, it's not.
>>
>>30641102
http://fnforum.net/forums/handloading-reloading-ammo/46677-news-reloading-5-7x28.html
>>
its not 22 magnum, its much closer to .17HMR
>>
>>30638495
>Can we talk about 5.7x28?
It's more than I can afford, pal.
>>
File: FsNKirisameProper.jpg (1MB, 1600x1150px) Image search: [Google]
FsNKirisameProper.jpg
1MB, 1600x1150px
>>30638495
Yes.

>But just how lethal is it?
Very. But it depends on the chosen projectile what kind of performance you get.

>"all the LEO/military guys say it takes a million rounds to kill someone with 5.7"
Not true. Fort Hood disproved that.

>Ft. Hood shooting
As you said, only people who got shot in the extremities lived. Those who were hit in the torso suffered massive damage or death. One guy was hit in the head and managed to survive, though. Quite a miracle. According to reports, he was partially paralyzed for a time before recovering fully.

The Fort Hoot shooter use SS197, the 40gr V-Max blue tip, which is known to be one of the worst 5.7 loads you can get.

>If it were the same price as 9mm and just as available in stores, would the 5.7 see more use?
That is only a part of the issue. Issue two is that there are only two real guns made for it. Issue three is FUD being spread about it being .22wmr.

>Summoning the 5.7 tripfag as well.
You got me.

I will post info on various 5.7 loads below.
>>
Mac had a video comparing the 5.7 to .22 wmr. You can see there's a decent difference between the two rounds. Maybe if some of you fags got off your asses and went outside for once and actually shot both rounds for yourself you'd see the difference. Shoot rabbits or something with each round.
>>
File: PC192169.jpg (885KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PC192169.jpg
885KB, 1600x1200px
>>30642884
For self defense carry, you are ideally going to want Elite Ammunition's S4M or T6B cartridges. If you can't get these, SS198 will suffice.

First, lets talk about the 27/28gr projectile that is used in SS192/SS195/SS198/S4M
It is a 28gr or 27gr aluminum core JHP that closely resembles the 77gr SMK bullet, but has an aluminum core. The weight is reported as 27gr by some people, 28gr by others, don't know why, but whatever. This bullet travels at 2000-2600FPS out of the Five-seveN, depending on what cartridge you are using. Elite's S4M is ideal, you'll get 2400-2600 FPS. This bullet is designed to tumble, creating a massive wound cavity. Penetration in gel is 7-10 inches typically. Tests against wild boars have proven it to be a devastating one shot killer. The S4M is loaded fast enough to penetrate Level IIIa armor. The SS198 will penetrate Level II. SS195 is a hair slower than SS198, and SS192 is a discontinued variant of SS195 with a normal leaded primer.

Next is Elite's T6B. This is a "pre fragmented" 32gr bullet made of copper. It comes out around 2100-2400 FPS, and penetrates IIIa Kevlar. This round is DEVASTATING and is my chosen carry load : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMlxdp1cSw
The round will sometimes fragment if it hits bone, creating additional wound vectors.

Next is Elite's ProtecTOR load. The ProtecTOR I, the original, is the 40gr V-Max or other brand's identical bullet loaded to a higher velocity than the SS197, around 1980-2080 FPS. Pretty good, defeats Level II armor. Not as good as the two above.

After that is SS198. Same as S4M, but slower. Defeats Level II. Get this if you can't find Elite ammo. Has a painted on green tip. You can find it online.

Next is SS195. Don't bother with this unless you can't get SS198. Its just SS198 but slower.

Now SS197. Blue tip Hornady V-Max. Works OK. Great for the range. Good for small game hunting. Will kill two legged animals as well, but not as effective as above loads.
>>
”The 5.7 pistol as a carry gun is a mistake. There are far more effective weapons and ammunition combinations out there. The only factor that comes close to equalizing the P90 (not the 5.7 pistol) is it's full auto capability: 900 rpm of very controllable fire. Even this advantage is limited to close-in, CQB type engagements. I can put more rounds on target faster with the P90 than with my M4 in close contact engagements. Unfortunately you may HAVE to put more rounds in the threat due to the lack of damage the projectile causes. The 5.56 is far more effective at getting the attention of men than 5.7 mm. This is not speculation. We have been using 30 P90's for five years now. There have been multiple BG's shot with them. We will not be buying more 5.7 mm or other small caliber PDW systems”

- 30 P90's for five years
- 100,000 rounds per year through those weapons
- very reliable weapon
- very user friendly
- very easy to shoot
- everyone happy
- three OIS's later and some unbelievably poor terminal balistic performace we dropped them...quickly.
- 22+ OIS shootings using AR-15's with .223...everyone happy (except the 21 dead bad guys)."
>>
File: StampStation.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
StampStation.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>30642959
Next is American Eagle 40gr TMJ. This is just a 40gr FMJ. Behaves like one. Defeats Level II Kevlar. This is range ammo.

Elite has had some other loads in the past, and has other ProtecTOR loads as well. The VarminTOR was a 36gr Varmint Grenade, penetrated IIIa Kevlar, and was pretty impressive in gel. Here is a more extensive list straight from the source : http://www.eliteammunition.com/test.html
>>
Well I've been looking into getting a ps90 for fun mostly but also to sbr eventually and my local store has one for 1500. Thoughts on it? Seems pretty well liked by those that have one.
>>
>>30642987
Tag price for mine was 1350, came out to around 1500 after taxes and background check. I like mine alot, it's just a pain to find any sort of gear for it and ammo is pretty pricey. Gonna go to the gear thread and see if anyone has a set up I can try to get together
>>
>>30642982
The Lima, Peru siege (known as Chavin de Huantar, see here for some more info on the operation itself) occurred in 1997 when a number of terrorists took over the Japanese embassy in Peru. The Peruvian CTs were carrying suppressed P90s. In the siege, two terrorists were killed with one 5.7 round each, and a third with two rounds. All of these subjects were wearing Level IIIA vests.

Doraville, Georgia PD had a shooting with the SS190 (most likely from the Five-seveN pistol, although Doraville does use the P90), resulting in a fatality from a neck shot. The subject's spine was severed but the round did not exit his neck. Another shooting, with Duluth, Georgia PD resulted in the subject being struck in the head with an SS190 out of a Five-seveN.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota SWAT shot a subject "in the hand and arm through a solid core door". He lost two fingers off his gun hand and the bone in his arm was shattered. After passing through the door, the round began to go into tumble and struck his arm flat, powdering the bone within. AFAIK this was the first shooting with 5.7x28 where the victim survived.

Bellevue, NE SWAT killed a pit bull in 2003 during a drug raid; it was shot with two rounds of SS190 out of a Five-seveN pistol.
>>
I guess I'd like it more if development for the round and the guns that shoot it hadn't so blatantly stagnated. I enjoyed my PS90 for the year or so that I owned it, but the aftermarket is really REALLY disconcerting with how limited and horrifically overpriced everything is. Everything about the 5.7 scene is niche and, seemingly, operates under questionable pretenses. Also the fanboys are their own special breed of cult-mentality.
>>
>>30643038
Teach me your ways
>>
File: P6112803.jpg (879KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P6112803.jpg
879KB, 1600x1200px
Does OP have any questions?
>>
>>30643054
I gotta agree, there's not a while lot out there for it once you buy it.

Also does anyone know how to go about SBRing it? Any tips?
>>
>>30643071
I'm not OP but I greatly appreciate the info. Are the rounds you mentioned all legal to civilians? Am I gonna end up on some list because I bought armor piercing baby killing rounds?
>>
File: finished.jpg (102KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
finished.jpg
102KB, 1024x768px
>>30643090
Yes.

All rounds are legal to civilians, including the steel tipped SS190, unless local laws prohibit it. All other rounds are 100% legal in all states, except maybe CA or NY, who may have banned things by name. Who knows.

You can buy SS190 on Gun Broker today.
You can buy Elite Ammunition today from their website, forums, or Gun Broker.
You can buy SS198 from online gun stores.
You can buy SS195, SS197, American Eagle in most gun stores locally.

List? No. You are just as likely to end up on a list buying this as you are 9mm FMJ.

IMAGE : Left to right, 40gr American Eagle TMJ, 40gr Hornday V-Max, SS198 (Same bullet is used in SS192/SS195/S4M), SS190 steel tip.
>>
>>30643034
Hmm not too far off on price then.
Have you looked into sbr'ing it or you gonna keep it full length?
>>
>>30643119
Are you just trolling or do you actually believe 5.7 is goat? im really on the fence about picking up a fiveseven... U know for the rahowa
>>
>>30643119
I'd like to know how you're able to cite such fun sources so quickly. Not about brass-tacks ballistics but the case examples of when they were used and to what effect.
>>
5.7x28 is just the modern 7.62x25
>>
>>30643158
I think the takeaway is that its not as bad as you'd expect from something so small and weak
>>
File: FIG-MOE-2234.jpg (97KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-MOE-2234.jpg
97KB, 500x500px
>>30643158
Below is copypasta written by me. I do believe 5.7x28 is the best caliber for a service pistol or super short rifle, like the P90. Unfortunately, it is not suitable for 3 inch barrels, due to the huge fireball and loss in velocity that results.

-----

(All data quoted from Five-seveN pistol. Subgun and carbine barrels will dramatically increase performance even further)
Fact : 5.7x28 matches or exceeds 9mm +P energy.
Good 5.7x28 defensive ammo greatly exceeds the wounding of 9mm FMJ, and comes on par with many 9mm hollow points.

Top tier 5.7x28 ammo exceeds the wounding of good 9mm hollow points shot per shot, and may fragment into two or three pieces when hitting bone. These same bullets offer great first-barrier penetration, ex: car door, building door, without risk of penetrating a second hard barrier. This same ammo offers total penetration of any soft kevlar vest available today. This ammo is 100% legal, and available to ALL civilians.
5.7x28 offers 60~% the felt recoil of an average full size 9mm handgun, while also offering a slightly higher capacity and offering a narrower, more ergonomic grip.
5.7x28 has a flatter trajectory and greater range than 9mm.

Some of these points do not matter to all of you. Once again - Just because 5.7 does something that you don't feel you need, that doesn't mean it is a specialty round. It is a do it all round. It offers superb wounding. Light recoil. Top tier capacity. Kevlar penetration. First barrier penetration. Longer range. Versatility to fill any role.

5.7x28 is not the "end all" to handgun calibers. Availability of quality defensive ammo is poor relative to standard handgun calibers, but it you get in line and wait your turn for 4-8 weeks, you can have your god-tier defensive ammo.
5.7x28 does not make mushroom cloud atomic wound channels like high-power 10mm. 10mm is still the top dog in auto loading wounding shot-per-shot.

What 5.7 offers is the ability to do it all in an acceptable manner.
>>
>>30643144
Kinda leaning towards SBRing it. I'm gonna have to do a bit more reading on the process of doing it, the ATF forms and the actual process of shortening the barrel.
>>
Weight compared to a loaded glock 19 is negligible. Good quality defensive 9mm loads will get you through just fine. If you're worried about capacity get G17 mags with +2 extenders so you're just 1 off from the Five-seveN.

As far as the PS90 goes its no lighter than a standard AR and there are plenty good quality ones that are even lighter.

That being said they're super fun, light recoiling, etc and make for a great range gun.
>>
File: files.jpg (308KB, 1034x665px) Image search: [Google]
files.jpg
308KB, 1034x665px
>>30643164
I have text files that I have gathered over the years.
>>
>>30640488
This guy know.

The real issue is, does it go pow every time you pull the trigger, and when it does go pow, does the piece of metal coming out the business end go generally where you wanted it to go.

If yes to both of those questions, and you are confident with it, then yes, get it.
>>
>>30643202
Yeah seems like a ton of red tape. For me I'm probably going hold off on doing it since I don't have a very permanent address yet, which seems like add to the hassle.

Now I need to decide if it's worth splurging on the rifle haha.
>>
>>30643193
Can you post the "good" 5.7 ammo and some barrier/penetration tests? I like the round but don't want to buy a five seven and only shoot crap out of it.
>>
>>30643243
See this forum for shit tons of videos : http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13233

Also these two youtube channels have lots of 5.7 tests. Look for "Elite Ammunition" or anything with 5.7x28.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AmendmentNo2
https://www.youtube.com/user/BuffmanLT1
>>
>>30643215

I was rather hoping it was more sophisticated and had to do with you having access to a database of AARs.
>>
>>30643241
The same goes for me, I'm gonna be moving around quite a bit in the next year or so. There are some days I wish I bought a different snowflake gun, maybe a .45 or 9mm carbine. Overall it still ends up making me happy enough to justify the price paid
>>
>>30643158
It's not a shitty round, but do keep in mind Marisa is a notorious fanboy for 5.7 and you will be getting a very stilted and biased take on it. There are plenty of experienced people who have negative views regarding 5.7, and there are plenty who have positive views. Read both, form your own opinion, don't rely entirely on the words of an autist who has made the round and the guns that fire it into an integral component of a shitposting e-persona.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 600x429px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCUMv120oCw

"What is it like to fire an AR-15? It’s horrifying, menacing and very very loud.

It felt to me like a bazooka — and sounded like a cannon.

But mostly, I was just terrified.

Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).

The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable."

Gersh Kuntzman
Globalist Propagandist
New York Daily News
>>
I love the ps90, but I don't think I'll ever own a Five Seven. There's just too many other guns I think I'm gonna own. I'll stick to 9mm or .45 for my handguns
>>
File: wacko.jpg (11KB, 460x261px) Image search: [Google]
wacko.jpg
11KB, 460x261px
>>30643193
I thought you died a decade ago. Jesus fuck.

OP, I have a PS90. Form 1'd it, and the barrel is currently sitting below my desk at work until I remember to write a check for the guy who is going to cut it down and recrown, and thread it. So I can toss my SilencerCo Spectre II on it.

I enjoy shooting it, it's fun as hell. Accurate as fuck. Cool as fuck. Tossed an N7 sticker on it so I can feel like Commander Sheppard, or I can take it off and feel like Colonel O'Neall (Two L's dammit!). Why? Because fuck Marisa, fuck high-speed low-drag idiots. It's fun as hell. I do what I want.

If you want a 5.7, do it. I would not recommend carrying it.
>>
>>30643308
What ranges are you getting out of it? I haven't tried shooting further than 20 yards so far. Is it capable of doing anything out to 50 yards?
>>
>>30638613
>too big to CC

Who the fuck cares? It's the "really fun to shoot" part that matters.

Not every gun has to be carried, plenty of room for range toys as well.
>>
>>30643322
I'm hitting great groups at 100 yards out of the FN SS195 rounds. I got it for two legged varmints, but really that's my excuse.

The real reason I got it is for feeling like Jack O'Neall. Remember kids, this is what you can do when you have money.
>>
>>30643296
Don't modern powders not use sulfur?
>>
>>30643335
OP brought up CCing, why the fuck are you snapping at someone for talking about CCing?
>>
>>30638495
It's a 5.56 round for close and medium range just what it was designed for. It has a niche role so it's not a very commonly seen weapon. I always wanted a ps90 but they're not really practical to own imo Tbh senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2912x1754px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2912x1754px
>>30638860
Use your noodle faggot, it's the height over bore.

If you have it sighted in at 25 yards, shots you take at 15 yards are going to hit low. Shots at 50 are going to hit high. At some distance the bullet drop will cause the zero to match up again but I don't know what that would be.
>>
>>30643336
Sweet. I never watched Stargate and never really was attracted to the gun. I mean it wasnt even in the top 20 on list of guns I need to have. I had some extra cash and started reading around, tried one at a rental range and bought one the next day. Sometimes I wish I'd bought an MP5 clone or hunted down a USC from HK but overall I'm happy. Plus bullpups treat manlets like me well
>>
>>30643370
Yeah, I watched and read up on some stuff last night. I should just stop worrying and fuck around with it instead of worrying so much about missing something. Thank you man
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>30643370
The P90 is an incredible execution of firearms design but is not without its problems; I'd love to see an updated version addressing a couple issues:

- Unless you flip the gun upside down, there's no good way to check and make sure you have a round in the chamber. The other alternative is to remove the magazine to check, but that's no good either. You kind of just have to trust that you've chambered a round. I usually hate LCIs, but one might be useful on this gun

- There is a ton of dead weight in the receiver which is totally unnecessary, it's a huge chunk of cast steel which could definitely be made lighter, if not entirely out of aluminum, which I'm pretty sure would be fine with this design.

- No last round bolt hold open which means you pull the trigger and get a click before you know it's empty, like an AK. Makes reloads a little bit longer. At the risk of complicating an elegantly simple design, I think the P90 would be well suited to a BHO with an automatic bolt release upon insertion of a new magazine.

- Straight blowback design means the bolt is very heavy and the gun is only really meant to be fired certain cartridges and will damage itself shooting hotter loads without stronger springs. You could shave a lot of weight and make the gun more adaptable to a wider range of loads by incorporating a gas operated design, again at the risk of complicating an otherwise simple gun. This would also make the gun run a lot cleaner.

If anybody could incorporate these well it would be FN.
>>
>>30643496
I agree that these are flaws, but if FN came out with a statement tomorrow saying they'd never ever consider updating the p90 I wouldn't be upset. I'll just deal with what I bought
>>
>>30638495
>Are our only real reservations about this cartridge cost and availability?
It's also caseless with all problems related to it.
>>
>>30643561
Here it is folks.

The most retarded and ignorant thing said in the thread.

>>30643371
Shot those, not as much fun as my PS90 to be honest. I'm not a small person, 6 foot tall and am pretty fit. The PS90 I've seen fit everyone from a 6'5" EMS worker, to a 5'1" accountant. Fuck HK's shitty guns though. I'm happy that the MPX is knocking the MP5 out of everyone's hands.
>>
>>30643538
Same, I'd just be interested to see what a modernized version of the P90 would look like from FN. People tend not to think about it because it still seems like such a modern gun, but the design has a couple decades on it now.

>>30643561
>caseless
That word doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>30638495
You can engage targets at 100 yards with the FN 57.
>>
>>30643071

OP here. You posted a ton of info, thanks a lot. I saved it for later reference.

This thread really blew up overnight, I appreciate all the honest replies.

I love full size 1911s and HK USPs as well. Those are the other two options on the table at this point. The USP feels amazing in hand (yes I even prefer it to the P30) and is just amazing except for the fact that I couldn't use a pistol light on it one-handed due to the gigantic trigger guard. The 1911 is also amazing to hold and shoot and I love the thumb safety and how slim and shootable it is, but it's low capacity and the parts need to be fitted and I am worried about rust. The Five-seveN is great but my only concerns are its special snowflake status (less aftermarket support, less accessories like holsters and such), my ability to flick off the safety with one hand in a "bad breath distance"/contact encounter when my other hand is busy, and my concern about its lethality. It seems to be about like a 9mm, if not more, based on the various shooting accounts and Marisa's info. So that calms me down a little bit.

A question though. Do you do one-handed draws where your off hand is busy, say holding an attacker back? I am concerned about my ability to pull up my shirt, draw, and flick the safety off with my trigger finger with any amount of confidence or repeatability. >>30638917 spoke about it a little bit but I'd be interested in more input.

Also one more: how does the Five-seveN hold up over time? Does it last for a long time? Can I shoot thousands of rounds through it for a long time? I am concerned about being able to get spare parts for it. One of the things I love so much about HKs and 1911s is that if something breaks, just go to hkparts or midwayusa or someplace and grab a new one, done. Doesn't seem to be so easy with the Five-seveN.
>>
>>30643265
Hey maybe you can help me answer this. I've got a 10 round ps90 magazine because new Jersey likes mocking its subjects and the things a pain in the dick to load because only one of my hands has fine motor function.

The magazine is an ar-57 mag so I think the problem is the rollers but do you have any advice on modifications to make the magazine easier to load?

>Inb4 move

One year left of college and have worked internships in Texas and Iowa, trying desperately to get out of the state.
>>
>>30638495
>Does the truth lie somewhere in the middle?
If the truth about the 5.7x28 lies anywhere in the middle, then it should automatically be one of the best pistol rounds out there right now.

High velocity, flat trajectory, slim rounds for higher capacity, light recoil. Assuming shot placement is the control factor, does this not make the 5.7 the overall better choice over the 9x19 in the same ways the 9x19 is favored over the .45? Or does it just cross the threshold into minor-power territory to make it an almost-non-round like .380?
>>
File: P3292353.jpg (923KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P3292353.jpg
923KB, 1600x1200px
>>30643627
Flipping the safety off quickly becomes part of your drawing motion. When you draw, your finger naturally rests where the safety is, and you simply swipe it down as you insert your finger into the trigger guard. Learn to use a decent amount of pressure to ensure that it slides down and you don't miss it, but really, its very simple to learn and repeat.

The Five-seveN holds up very well over time. The only issue I've heard of is that on some earlier models the polymer magazine release would wear internally, causing the magazine to sit a bit lower than intended inside the magwell. As far as I know, this issue is long resolved, and I have never had it myself. FN sent out replacement parts to anyone who claimed to be affected by the issue, or offered to repair their gun as well.

Watch gel tests on youtube of the 5.7 defensive loads, you'll form your own opinion on the terminal ballistics. Most of the good rounds are quite impresive, IMO.
>>
>>30643579
I'm happy that HK is getting competition, I love my USP but God damn their prices are ridiculous.
>>
>>30643694
I've never used an ar57 mag, haven't heard much good. I try to stick with fn mags
>>
File: 9r1xth.jpg (179KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
9r1xth.jpg
179KB, 612x612px
OP here again.

>>30643697
Well, yeah exactly, hence this thread and why I posited that perhaps the only reason the 5.7x28 isn't more popular is because only one pistol uses it and because it's more expensive and less available than 9mm and sometimes even .45.

>>30643705
You should really get into sales. You are convincing as fuck right now. In all seriousness though thank you again for all the info. The next step is to go and hold or better yet shoot one. If I can find one around here.
>>
>>30643705
You should go to nuggetfest and let me fingerfuck your 5.7 guns with my fat greasy neck beard hands
>>
File: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.jpg (208KB, 791x600px) Image search: [Google]
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.jpg
208KB, 791x600px
>>30643697
Absolutely. 5.7 is to 9mm as 9mm is to .45.

The wounding mechanics of 5.7 are a bit different though, depending on the chosen projectile. On one hand, you have soft points and V-Maxes that try to expand like 9mm JHPs do. On the flip side, you have long bullets that wound by tumbling, like many rifle rounds.

I feel like the long, light, tumbling bullets give you the best results.
>>
>>30643733
Yeah that's what I'm learning but I don't think fn makes 10 rounders. If they weren't translucent I might be tempted to get a 50 and just load 10 rounds into it but that's not worth the 3-5 years in the pen for some range time
>>
>>30643733
They're the same magazines.

I've got both. They work the same.
>>
>>30643763
I'm disappointed that I've lost the old pictures I had mocking you.
>>
File: 2016-07-13 06.35.00.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-13 06.35.00.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
The PS90, as it comes stock, leaves a lot to he desired.
The only current production run has an obnoxiously high and huge rail and a hefty trigger pull. You can fix both of these with aftermarket, but for a 1k+ gun you shouldn't have to.

I'd say the end product is worth it though.
>>
>>30643747
Only one pistol uses it because HK were total cocks and blocked NATO from adopting the 5.7 because they wanted to use their own 4.6x30mm for MP7. And it turned out that 4.6 was plain inferior overall in the end too.
>>
>>30643819
HK sucks cocks.

In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards but it doesn't matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looksEIf you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you. At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you. Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn't fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn' it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don' need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we're fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don' believe us, it is because you aren' a real operator. By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you're civilians, so we won' sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you'll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you'll come back, you always do. Buy our stuff.

Sincerely,
HK Marketing Department
HK.
Because you suck. And we hate you.
>>
File: 5728get.png (43KB, 501x134px) Image search: [Google]
5728get.png
43KB, 501x134px
>>30643819
>>30643827
>11:49:57
>11:50:57
>57
There is only one choice.
>>
>>30643827
Someone found Larry's open letter.
>>
>>30639043
Because it gets retardedly short. 19" iirc.
>>
>>30643853
You can toss it in a lot of backpacks. Shit's cool.

And you can toss a suppressor on it, and it's the same length as the factory gun.
>>
>>30643827
>says the poorfag that has been defending his purchase for 5 years
Kek!
>>
File: The Marisa Collection.jpg (969KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Marisa Collection.jpg
969KB, 1600x1200px
>>30643870
>Five-seveN
>PS90
>RFB
>PPS
>Kimber Eclipse 10mm
>Steyr M9A1
>Steyr Scout
>The list never ends
>poorfag
>>
>>30643879
>he actually proves he is a poorfag in his next post
Haha. What a cuck.
>>
>>30643879
The only thing on your list that is decent is the scout, and it happens to be a memerifle. You aren't doing yourself any justice.
>>
>>30643879
How is that Kimber? I heard there QC went to shit.
>>
>>30643917
They fucking suck.

You over pay 200-500 dollars for a base gun that Springfield sells for $600-$700.
>>
>>30643879
None of these are more than 2k. This isn't a very GUCCI collection.
>>
File: 1911KirisameGripProper.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1911KirisameGripProper.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>30643917
Mine is fine. Never had any failures or anything, unlike the Springfield I own, which fucking fragged while I was shooting it. (MIM shit).

My Kimber may have been made before their QC went to shit, who knows.
>>
>>30643827
B-but I like HK pistols AND the 5.7 guns :(

Can we all be friends?
>>
>>30643879
>a fucking TruGlo
always had my suspicions you were just a loud poorfag who would occasionally splurge when he had ~$1500 to spare, but holy shit
>>
File: PB142960.jpg (861KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PB142960.jpg
861KB, 1600x1200px
>>30644124
Just an airsoft optic I had laying around before I got this.
>>
File: 2016-05-01 20.23.13.jpg (3MB, 2981x1676px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-01 20.23.13.jpg
3MB, 2981x1676px
>>30644124
There is literally nothing wrong with truglo
>>
>>30644308
Oh wow you have one optic. Totally not poorfag status. Lol.
>>
>>30643879
>.22s, a bunch of meh sub$800 pistols including an Arcus, an SKS, a nugget, poverty-grade AR, a pair of bird guns, a nigger'd mini-14, a pair of pump-actions, Kel-Tecs
2/3s of that mess looks like it came straight out of a pawn shop. Is there anything there that break the $1500 range?
>>
>>30643870
>>30644124
>>30644402
Since when does a random tripfag's financial status fucking matter at all? Are you all so jealous that you have to try and tear him down by calling him poor? Fucking really? How about you go read a book or go shooting or something? Don't you have better things to do? Get a fucking life. Also way off topic.
>>
>>30644410
>trip tries to prove he's not a poorfag by posting a picture of a collection that is pretty much poorfag status
>gets mocked
Either put on your trip back on or lurk the fuck more
>>
File: Scout01.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Scout01.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>30644402
If I may ask, what kind of collection are you rocking? WA2000?

PS90s were 1600 when I bought mine.
Scout is 1600.

So me your WA2000.
>>
>>30644483
Sorry friend, I'm not claiming to not be a poorfag and posting that mess of an arsenal as evidence of.
>>
>>30644483
You've proven your gun collection is shit ...what I'm wondering now is, are you at least cute? If not you obviously have nothing to bring to the table and you should lol yourself with that 5.7 immediately.
>>
File: 1261457904958.jpg (239KB, 1062x710px) Image search: [Google]
1261457904958.jpg
239KB, 1062x710px
>>30644502
Yep, you're a poorfag.
>>
>>30644410
>>30644483
Put your trip back on poorfag.
>>
>>30644410
>jealous
of an arsenal that is almost entirely made up of shit a nigger or a fudd would own? i'll give him the scout, the RFB, and the 5.7 gats, literally everything else is hardly anything you'd want to post to prove you're not a povertytard
>>
>>30644525
He never claimed he wasn't a poorfag unlike your impoverished self. >>30644541
But dude he has a trijicon!!!!
>>
>>30644516
>>30644502
Jesus fuck why does it matter? Ill admit I live poorly, but that's so I can have nice hobbies. If your happy with what your doing I really don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>30644525
Can you not read?
>>
>>30644410
>>30644483
>>30644525
>>30644550
Samefag gets bootyblasted
>>
File: CLIPS52.jpg (719KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CLIPS52.jpg
719KB, 1600x1200px
>>30644541
Thankfully, you don't need to spend tens of thousands to get high quality, serviceable, practical guns. I have no interest in acquiring race guns so expensive that I am afraid to take them out of their soft case inside the safe. I'd rather have 5 $400 pistols than one $5000 1911.

But isn't this a 5.7 thread?
>>
>>30644576
>hurrrrrr I'm not poor
>hurrrrr I don't want expensive guns!!!
Haha, cute.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160716-131150.png (224KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160716-131150.png
224KB, 1080x1920px
>>30644566
Try harder man - not mad at all just don't see why it matters
>>
>>30644591
>implying it's not you Marisa
>implying you aren't posting from two devices
I'm sorry you're poor.
>>
>>30644576
>any guns that cost more than the paltry $1600 I will, at the very most, drop down are race guns that should be kept in safes all the time
>>
Ignore the optic shit poster. He's been throwing a fit for a few weeks about any firearm that doesn't have an optic like iron sights don't exist and haven't worked for hundreds of years.
>>
>>30644591
All I was trying to say is of Marisa only contributes stale ass 5.7 copy pastas then he needs to kill himself. Either show off your fancy guns, or post pics we can fap to. That all I ask.
>>
File: you4u.jpg (135KB, 481x306px) Image search: [Google]
you4u.jpg
135KB, 481x306px
>>30644591
This.
>>
>>30644611
>stale ass 5.7 copy pastas
that he wrote himself, don't forget that little gem
>>
>>30644623
Has anyone else spent so much time on something only to collectively be laughed at by everyone?
>>
File: IMG_0977.jpg (325KB, 1200x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0977.jpg
325KB, 1200x569px
>>30644308
Trijicon a shit
>>
>>30644601
I have literally nothing to prove to you. Ill go on enjoying my life, you keep projecting on others.
>>
>>30644636
Galileo
>>
File: image.jpg (869KB, 1963x2886px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
869KB, 1963x2886px
ITT: literal nogunz lol
>>
>>30644576
>you don't need to spend tens of thousands to get high quality, serviceable, practical guns
Nice strawman, but you also cannot post a collection that mostly consists of $~500 heaps of blandness and mediocrity and claim to not be a poorfag. You don't have to spend five figures to get practical, quality guns, but you're deluded if you think a $500 rifle can't be outdone in those respects by a $2000 rifle.
>>
File: P1013019.jpg (852KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1013019.jpg
852KB, 1600x1200px
>>30644640
Thats a big guy.
>>
File: SS1901.jpg (86KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
SS1901.jpg
86KB, 800x598px
>>30644667
Whats stopping me from selling a dozen $500 guns and buying a $3000 4.5lb AR15?

I don't want to :3

I do what I want.
>>
>>30638898
Mine is as follows.

If unarmed, do I have time to get gun? If not melee charge/surrender until melee charge. If time I'll go to grab my close gun.

From get gun, can I see target? Shoot target, until they stop moving or I die. If I cannot see target, head towards bigger gun or pie target.

It's important to note, once I pie corner or if I have eyes on my target I fully plan on being shot if it's necessary to accurately land upper torso/head rounds until target threat is no longer moving.

I under no circumstances plan on re-peaking any corner.

Never close eyes, never stop breathing.
>>
>>30638495
My friend has a FiveSeveN and I love shooting it. They stock 5.7 at my LGS for a reasonable price, so it's easy for him to feed it.

Frankly, the only thing that stops me from picking one up is the price. If they dropped it to the 800-900 range I might consider picking one up.

The real problem is that for the asking price of a new FiveSeveN, there are simply better options out there. I'd rather buy a USP over a FiveSeven.

I would also like to see a FiveSeven compact, the full sized gun is just too big to CC without everyone knowing what you're doing, or without wearing a fuck huge jacket to hide it.

tl;dr
>it's too expensive at its price point, there are better options
>I hear disassembly is pretty annoying
>but overall its a fine weapon and it will definitely kill shit dead
>>
>>30644651
Hahahaha holy shit

I have NEVER seen a single anon so BTFO by a single word post before
>>
>>30644651
>comparing himself to Galileo
That delusion.
>>
Shit a jackrabbit with my buddies ps90, I shot one in the head and it took the top clean off. I saw one he shot through the torso, it passed through to the other side and fragmented just under the skin. The skin was blown out about 4 inches around the exit wound, the flesh underneath was extremely bloody. This tells me that it fragments pretty well at close range after passing through about 3 to 6 inches of tissue.
>>
>>30644688
Because then you'd only have 1 good gun instead of 6 shitty ones. Singaporeans have never been smart though, I wouldn't expect that to start with you.
>>
>>30644688
>I do what I want.
That's nice, no one is telling you to do otherwise, but it's time to stop living in fantasy land and thinking that you have anything close to resembling an impressive collection. If you were smart, you would keep at least half of what you have in that picture out of frame so people could more easily see the handful of worthwhile guns you have. Nor does that do anything to disprove my calling out your false dichotomy.
>>
>>30644715
that damage control
>>
>>30642987
Got mine from a place called Tombstone Tactical for 1250 shipped/insured
>>
>>30644714
No need to samefag
>>30644728
Galileo is viewed as the father of science, Marisa is what? Father of shitposting Asian manlets?
>>
>>30644715
Nice attempt at a recovery faggot

In no way was he comparing himself to Galileo, it's simply an answer to your question that you didn't expect.
>>
>>30644742
Yeah I've seen them around for cheaper, problem is I don't know anyone with an ffl and if I found one I'm willing to bet they'd charge me for their service
>>
>>30644744
Put your trip back on Marisa. People recognize what Galileo contributed, you on the other hand are still being laughed at :).
>>
File: marisa102.jpg (84KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
marisa102.jpg
84KB, 525x700px
>>30644722
>Implying I'm from Singapork.

This thread went to shit quickly.
>>
>>30644743
>SAMEFAG SAMEFAG SAMEFAG
Man I actually imagine that you are literally crying right now

>>30644754
Keep grasping faggot lmao
>>
>>30644728
>>30644744
Stop samefagging Marisa
>>
File: Screenshot_20160716-133059.png (299KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160716-133059.png
299KB, 1080x1920px
>>30644776
Hmmmmm
>>
>>30644754
see
>>30643627
>>>30643071 (You)
>OP here. You posted a ton of info, thanks a lot. I saved it for later reference.

OP got the info, so the thread was a success :3
>>
>>30644773
One poorfag finding solace with another of his kind. adorable
>>
>>30644788
Successful at pointing out youre a poorfag and making us all laugh at you.
>>
if only they offered the ps90 in 9mm i would have so gotten one.
>>
>>30644805
I keep wanting to see your collection.
>>
>>30638563
5.7 is literally designed not to over penitrate
>>
>>30638563
>poor for self defense in tight quarters cause it over penetrates iirc (can someone confirm this?).
That is simply flat out wrong. Fast and light penetrates armor, slow and heavy penetrates softies.
>>
File: image.jpg (426KB, 1430x2349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
426KB, 1430x2349px
>>30644789
Okey dokey faggot lol
>>
>5.7
>Marisa
>unsurprisingly full of trolls and shitposting
>Marisa revelead to be a poorfag
Not surprised.
>>
>>30638495
You shouldn't worry about lethality with the superior number of wound vectors per magazine..
>>
>>30644837
Did Marisa give you those after you two swallowed his dad's cum?
>>
>>30644667
Oh please, most rich fag rifles are absolutely nominally superior to their cheaper counterparts.

All my rifles have more expensive glass than the gun.

All my guns have different jerbs.

Fucking drunk in Albuquerque, doc.

I'm not deluded, my biology is shit for a marksmanship. So I do what I can to improve my effective accuracy and do so viably. Chances are I'm not engaging a threat a 100+ yards with any of my guns as I dont fucking murder people and durr areas lack that visibility.
>>
>>30643496
http://www.imperialarmsco.com/product-p/10-0001.htm

that could solve a lot of that dead weight. Looks goofy as fuck if you ask me though
>>
I got a Black Mesa holster for my MK2 and I think I could conceal this pretty easily in the winter at least.

I could probably wear it out in the woods in the warmer months, since who cares if I'm printing slightly
>>
File: pEUfrLv.gif (643KB, 364x334px) Image search: [Google]
pEUfrLv.gif
643KB, 364x334px
>shitposting everywhere
>Marisa unwittingly outs himself as a poorfag
>butthurt coming from everyone, because of everyone
>>
>>30644753
a lot of places are like 15-30 bucks

http://fflgundealers.net/

my dude only charges 10, he's retired and does it out of a small building on his property though.
>>
>>30638495
1:cost is about the same as .45
2:it now has an AR upper
3:I don't know if some crazy bastards make hollow point ammo for it, but that might be the difference, so lethality likely lies with ammo.
4:20 round magazines in a fucking handgun.

Need I say more?
>>
>>30638898
>that belt and gun alone hold 140 rounds, and maybe 1 in the chamber
>I have no face for this.
>>
>>30645044
I think EA sells some basic hollow points along with all the other fancy shit they do.
>>
>>30645003
Neat, never heard of that site. I'll check it out.

I'm the type of person that likes to pick firearms up in person though, so we'll see haha.
>>
>>30645044
Long mag 40 rounds and full auto conversion when?
>>
>>30644972
How much does one need to spend on their firearms collection (all included) to be considered not a p◕ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥorfag?
>>
File: 01.jpg (64KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
64KB, 500x281px
>>30645261
what the fuck is that r◕ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥund shit?
>>
>>30645273
o͋͑ͮͫ̌ͮ̋̍̆̉̍̂͐͆h̊̎͐͒̅̄̽́ͨ͗̚̚ ̓ͣͫ́͛̀͆ͩw͂͋͒ͤ̌̃̎̅͛̑͛ͯͬͦ̂̄̇͗h̃̆̽ͩͥ͒͛̽̓ā̑̅̔̉ͣ̆͗̔ͩ̈ͥͭ̏́͌͌̓tͯͩ͌̐͛͒̂ͥ̃̐͌̅̌ͪ̏ͦ ̆͂̇͗i͆͐͗̓̊̌ͬ͐̎̐͂ͬ͊̈́̒͆̒͂̌sͯ͋͛̇̿͌ͩ̐ͦͣ̈́͆ ̓͛ͥͫ̇͐̊ͦh̔̄̅̐͂̂͊̑̇ͦ̍̾̚a̓̔͛͂̇ͭ̑̍̌̅ͦp̈́ͬ͒͑ͭ͋̔̎͛ͪͨ̉ͫͭ͋̌ͨ̚ṗ̋ͣ̆̓́é̈́͌͒ń̓̏̈́̾i͂ͬͣ̇̇͋͆ͭ̊̓̇ͫ̔̈̌ͯn͌ͧ̾̓ͯͣͪ̿g͐͒̍ͤ̅̿́̈ ͯ͗̎͌̿̔̒̌͆ͧͤ̆ͧͭ̑̿̃ͫi̇͌ͦ̅̚ ̉͆̍̑̈́̈́̾̾̽̈ͥ̇ͨ̊͐͐ͭaͥ͒ͭ͆ͩͦ̓̌ͮͤͨ̎̐̐́̇mͫ̌͒ͩͬ̇ͮ̾̿̽̈̓̓̾̄ ̐̊̂̆ͫ͊̑̇ͮ̃̍͂N͌̏̑͋ͫ̆̎ͪͭͪ́̅̓ͧͩÖ̿̂͐̒̽̉̐̈́͌Tͭͥͦͣ̅̉͛̂ͮͧ͋ͨ͆ͤ ́̽̐̎̐ͮ͊ͨ̈̅ͯG̓ͥ͛̈́ͪ̊͌ͨ̆̋͋ͮ́Ó͊̈́̈́̓̋Oͧͤ͐̂̽̾͌D͂̌͛ͦͧ͒ͯ̀ͤ̄ ̓̎ͪ̃̐ͮ̀̎̈́͊ͧ͌̈̊͐ͭw̌̃̊ͭ̾i͋̒̓̈́̍ͮ̽ͩͮ̉͒͂̀̂ͦͬt̒́̓̌͌ͥ̊ͦ̈́͊͛̔̌̉͒͒ͥhͯ̍́͗̆ͫ͊́̐̅̋ͩͣ͂͒ ͐̎͌͛ͨͫ̈͛͋̄ͥ̅̈́̅ċ̅̾ͧ͊͆͂͛ͨ̇́̐ŏ̋̐̇́̅ͦ̈̅̌́̋̊ͥ̚ṁͭ̽̊̎̆͌̆̈́̉ͮͮͨ̑̔͒͗pͣ̆̾ͩ͐͗̓̃͋̉̈́ͦͩͫ̏ͬͨu̒̏̂̆ͧͣ͑̅̌̚t̐̆̅̎͒ͤͤ͊̑͒̽̔͐͋ͥ̅ͫͭ̀eͬͯ͒̇̽̇͂̌̏͑r̐͐̊͆͋̈́̎̂̓̈́ͧ̌ͭ̎̔͆͌̚
>>
>>30645284
ŏ̋̐̇́̅ͦŏ̋̐̇́̅ͦeͬͯ͒̇̽̇͂̌̏͑r̐͐̊͆͋̈́̎̂̓̈́ͧ̌ͭ̎̔͆͌̚
>>
>>30645261
If you have even one single firearm worth less than $1000 you're automatically a poorfag forever.
>>
>>30645284
Remember to be kind, as you gave up your identity. you are our cuck, now stay friendly ;) COWboy.
>>
File: 1467058083331.jpg (738KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467058083331.jpg
738KB, 1000x800px
>>30645261
Do you use the 30 round magazine on yours or do you keep it 20 rounds?

I guess the question over all is how have you modified your 5.7? If at all
>>
File: kate.jpg (7KB, 252x144px) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
7KB, 252x144px
>>30645321
Naruhodo.

>>30645328
What?
>>
>>30645261
>(all included)
$5000 worth of $100 nuggets does not a nonpoorfag make

you havem what, three guns that are in the four figure range with the rest falling well under that? you're a poorfag.
>>
File: P2252262.jpg (923KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P2252262.jpg
923KB, 1600x1200px
>>30645353
I use the standard 20 round mags with no extensions.

Only mod is the Viridian X5L green laser/light. I have considered sending it to Elite Ammunition for a trigger job.

Pic unrelated, these projectiles are worth $5 each.
>>
MUH WOUND VECTORS

>summoning the 5.7 tripfag
Dear God why?
>>
>>30645364
So what do I need to buy to not be a poorfag? An Aug, FS2000, a 4.5lb AR, a few $4000 1911s? Maybe some super high end 'sniper' rifle with a $6000 scope on it?
>>
>>30645392
Thanks for the info.
I have been on the fence about buying one as well.
>>
>>30645422
AUG owner here. Still a poorfag to most.
>>
>>30645422
>So what do I need to buy to not be a poorfag?
idunno, something to offset the massive amounts of poorshit you own? make up your own fucking mind genius, i don't know what you want or like. why does everything have to be a "4.5 lbs AR" or a $3k+ vidyameme rifle with you, just because you have a handful of things that just barely make it into four figures doesn't mean everything else is prohibitively more expensive, fuck.
>>
>>30641122
People reload this cartridge every day with no problems.
>>
>>30638495
No
>>
>>30645422
OP here. Sorry marisa...

This was not meant to be a shitshow. I knew that you are a big 5.7 advocate so I wanted to hear you make your case. Thank you for that.

>>30644805
>Hey I know, today I'm going to do my best to insult someone who I'm jealous of on the internet to make them smaller in an effort to make myself bigger. That will be satisfying.
Literally you when you woke up today. GET A LIFE.
>>
>>30645527
>why does everything have to be a "4.5 lbs AR"
I was also noticing this, methinks he's not too in the know about what makes a good AR and thinks ultralight builds are in any way desirable or that expensive to begin with
>>
File: IMG_20160616_012010.jpg (404KB, 957x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_012010.jpg
404KB, 957x1280px
What the fuck, the OP asked about the viability of the 5.7x28mm round. Stop fucking shitting the thread about the finances of a tripfag or any anon.

I'm not Marisa, pic related, that tripfag does not own this image as its an og one I just took.

My own personal opinion of the Five-seveN handgun that I've owned for almost a year now, and the rounds I've shot before. I like the low recoil, the flat trajectory, light weight with a full 20-rd magazine in the handgun, great grips, you just need practice with the control levers to get used to it takes like 30 minutes to get used to it imo, and the rounds can penetrate soft armor if your state allows it.

I've shot over one thousand round with SS197 and AE FMJ stuff at the range and they seem to be fine for my use case. I do own EA T6B but have yet to shoot one since I do not have many of them.

I've shot other handguns such as: Glocks 9mm, some 22lr pistol, 1911 .45, and a SW SDVE 9mm, and I still prefer my Five-seveN but most likely due to ownership bias. The 1911 did feel great though no recoil what so ever due to its weight and heft, I want to own one someday. I plan on owning a 9mm soon just so I can own a 9mm handgun, so I'm not bias to against owning other calibers.

OP just read what you can and form your own opinion, and if possible rent it at a range. Ignore the stupid ass trolls regarding being a poorfag, fucking retards.
>>
>>30643792
>The only current production run has an obnoxiously high and huge rail and a hefty trigger pull. You can fix both of these with aftermarket, but for a 1k+ gun you shouldn't have to.
Any recommendations on a replacement trigger that lightens the pull?
>>
>>30645573
Can you provide more pics of the internals and such?
From the point of view you have, I can't tell where the rails are, so to me it looks like cheap garbage. I've always heard good things about them, but I have never shot one or handled it, so I am skeptical.
>>
>>30645422
I'm not even able to criticize poorfaggotry, but it's that you have really really shitty taste. All of your "fancy" guns are literally straight from a video game memester's weaponr lexicon.
>Kel-Tec RFB
>PS-90
>Steyr Scout
>FN FiveseveN
Everything beyond this is legit poorfag grade weaponry, but my favorite guns barely cost more than 400 so I can't say anything about that.
>>
>>30644591
Isn't it funny how all of these "I'm REALLY not a samefag guys, OK?" posts are from mobile devices.
>>
>>30645573
OP again. Thank you for staying on topic and giving a legit opinion and review.

I too like 1911s, I am thinking about using it instead because they are so slim but the 5.7 makes a strong case, especially at 20+1.

>read what you can and form your own opinion
Yeah I have been, that was the original point of the thread to get more info and more personal experience and opinions. And it has so far been great minus the whole shitposting fiasco up there. Appreciate the post.
>>
>>30645610
weaponry*
>>
>>30645610
>Someone has other taste than my own, thus is a faggot and I am better

Shut the fuck up faggot, if it fucking can shoot the caliber of choice and kills a fucker then it is a viable weapon.
>>
>>30638998
>>30639043
he said class III, by which I assume he meant a dealer sample, which can be full auto
>>
MARISA ILY
>>
>>30645649
She(?) seems bretty cool to me. I have a fetish for girls(?) Wielding P-90s.
>>
>>30645646
Class III refers to any NFA item.
>>
>>30645640
So's a musket. Sorry anoonymoose, I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
>>
>>30645665
Get out, cancer.
>>
>>30645665
>She(?)
>girls(?)
>not sure if actual newfag or Marisa yet again dropping trip to call attention to himself
>>
>>30645670
Yeah and whats wrong with that? Some people like to own historical weaponry.
>>
>>30645595
It's not the trigger that needs replaced rather than the trigger springs, but you can drop in an aluminum trigger that slides a little smoother. I can't remember who makes the springs but I'm sure they'll pop up on Google. Mine has a crisp 4lb trigger now.
>>
File: IMG_20160716_125539.jpg (371KB, 957x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_125539.jpg
371KB, 957x1280px
>>30645596
Here's some more up close shots of the slide and the frame that I hope shows more of the rail.
>>
>>30645681
I'm just covering my bases. I always assume it's a dude by default.
>>
>>30645668
No. It doesn't. At all. You're thinking title II.
>>
File: IMG_20160716_125610.jpg (227KB, 957x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_125610.jpg
227KB, 957x1280px
>>30645596
>>30645720
And another shot.
>>
>>30645596
There are two rails at the rear and one large T shaped rail at the front center, that greatly increases accuracy.
>>
>>30645730
They mean the same thing. What YOU'RE thinking of is Type III.
>>
>>30643879
thats a nice collection, honestly wasnt expecting that level of diversity from how hard you vouch for 5.7 round. you obviously really like the 5.7 if its your go to round out of that collection.

im curious what you think about the super light and fast rounds available for 9mm though? there are 40-50 grain lightning 9mm rounds, like the RIP or liberty defense. they come out at around 2000 FPS, so should offer similar low recoil and terminal effects as a 5.7...but probably not the barrier penetration since the diameter is so much larger
>>
>>30645790
Some of those ultra light 9mm round actually defeat Kevlar, but they don't do much of anything on the other side, since they turn to dust inside the vest. For 9mm, stick to 124 or 147gr HST, or the 150gr short barrel formula if you have a tiny 9mm.

Velocity is what defeats vests.
>>
>>30644576
also, being in california, the 5.7 seems to lose one of what i think is its best attribute, the high capacity. if i can only have 10 round mags, im not sure the 5.7 is as superior anymore
>>
Mk. II fags.
Still here with muh USG.
>>
>>30645814
For Cali, get something in 10mm for full size pistols.
>>
>>30644688
also in california, the SS190 rounds are considered illegal:

Any person, firm, or corporation who, within this state
knowingly possesses any handgun ammunition designed primarily to
penetrate metal or armor is guilty of a public offense and upon
conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the state
prison, or in the county jail for a term not to exceed one year, or
by a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000), or by both
such fine and imprisonment.

Any person, firm, or corporation who, within this state,
manufactures, imports, sells, offers to sell, or knowingly transports
any handgun ammunition designed primarily to penetrate metal or
armor is guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be
punished by imprisonment in state prison, or by a fine not to exceed
five thousand dollars ($5,000), or by both such fine and
imprisonment.
>>
>>30645841
M855 is illegal according to that law, as 5.56 can be used in handguns and has a mild steel core intended to penetrate helmets at range.
>>
>>30645895
i think legally you are right, it could certainly be a charge lib prosecutors would argue in court, but i think you could win in the end. since the 5.56 was created for a rifle, and AR "pistols" didnt come out until much later. whereas the 5.7 pistol and submachine gun were invented around the same time for the round
>>
>>30645755
No, retard. Class 3 is a dealer designation.
>>
>>30645895
also though, the ATF does not classify as M855 as armor piercing, so that would be in your favor as defense. (although ATF tried to unilaterally do this last year if you guys remember)
>>
>>30643215
can you zip it and upload it?
>>
I have a Ps90 and go invited to a friends property in Indiana (live in Missouri myself), but I'll have to go through Illinois with it. Is it illegal to travel through Illinois with 50 round magazines?
>>
>>30647314
No, although they may try to enforce criminal laws which you're limited to violence to support Constitution law or hope they just don't fuck you...
>>
File: yuiconsiderthefollowing.png (264KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
yuiconsiderthefollowing.png
264KB, 1000x1000px
Answer me this /k/
If shot placement is King and capacity Queen
Why isn't a low recoil handgun with sufficient penetration like the fiveseven a solid self defense choice?

To elaborate before I get a sea of >implyings
Why isn't the fiveseven a good option for a competent marksman who could easily place 3 or 4 rounds center of mass in an assailant?
>>
>>30647361
>hope they just don't fuck you.
That's what I feared lol. I may just ship them ahead of time to avoid any potential issues
>>
>>30638495
>>30638787
actually interested in picking up one of these meme guns for the range. What are some of its pros and cons?
>>
>>30647411
It is the ultimate option. However, by that same logic, the PMR-30 is even better. However, the terminal ballistics of .22WMR out of a pistol barrel are woefully inadequate. JHPs act like FMJs in this case. So, the Five-seveN has a bit more recoil and a bit less capacity than the PMR-30, but has massively increased wounding potential. The Five-seveN is the ultimate balance. 9mmJHP+P wounds with armor defeating ability, nearly no recoil, and 20 round capacity.
>>
>>30647430
Just look it up, I'm drunk and this is four chan...
>>
File: AR57TopDown.jpg (296KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
AR57TopDown.jpg
296KB, 1600x1067px
My security company is about to purchase some AR57s ama...
>>
>>30645958
No, fucktard. It's TYPE III that's the dealer designation .
>>
>>30645731
thanks famalam
>>
>>30645841
SS190 is pretty much illegal everywhere in the US for civilian possession.
>>
>>30648774
What's the practical purpose of that upper other than pure unadulterated fun?
>>
>>30645841
Sounds more like any one here within this state that isn't dead for attempting to over throw the state is clearly a worthless cunt undeserserving of freedom.
>>
File: GTFO.jpg (1MB, 3246x1841px) Image search: [Google]
GTFO.jpg
1MB, 3246x1841px
>>30644483
we having a GUCCI-off?
>>
>>30648774
>AR57
Why are they still in business?
>>
>>30649081
Nigger you have two calibers and a empty work bench... try harder.
>>
>tfw no modernized 7.62x25mm round in a hi-cap semi auto
>>
>>30645261
a minimum of 10K by aggregate MSRP, and this obviously includes all fashion accessories.

To GUCCI is to commit a non-trivial amount of money.
>>
>>30645668
that's class 2, homie.

>>30649110
you're fucking retarded. Look again.
>>
>>30649167
>5.7 and 5.56....

Really nigger? So you have a pistol?
>>
>>30649053
You can put in a hollowed out AR-15 magazine to collect the spent brass for easy cleanup.
>>
Maybe its because I'm actually poor, but I can't imagine spending more than $2000 on a gun even if I had that kinda money to toss around. Does it really make that much of a difference, or is just a status symbol?
>>
>>30649193
you ARE blind, aren't you? Show me your fucking disability parking sticker.

In that picture, 10mm auto, 5.56, 300 BLK, 308Win, 5.7mm. Not pictured. 9mm, 45 Super, 338 Lapua Mag, and obviously 22lr.

Let's see what you have, welfare recipient.
>>
>>30649053
Full ambidexterity in theory because of the downward ejection.
>>
>>30649124
>22 TCM in a 17 round double stack 1911
Best part is it's half way between the tokarev and the five seven in price ($500-700) and it comes with an extra 9mm barrel if you can't find the ammo ( Cabela's for $20-25 a box)
>>
>>30642937
>Mac had a video comparing the 5.7 to .22 wmr. You can see there's a decent difference between the two rounds.

Shot from handguns, 22mag did better in bare gel vs commercial FN ammo.
Shot from handguns, 22mag did better against soft armor vs commercial FN ammo.
You're right, there was a difference.
>>
>>30649167

You mean Title 2, homie? So called "NFA items" are actually Title 2 items. The only CLASSES are in reference to FFL licenses.
>>
>>30649081
>Two Daniel Defenses
>PS90
>SCAR
>Another AR
>Glock... Is that the 40?

Nice.
>>
>>30649981
Aren't you related to Tula tequila you flip piece of shit?
>>
>>30638559
>7 vs 30 rounds
>so slow it doesn't break the sound barrier
>weight

1911s are shit
>>
>>30649771
Yea niggah. My bad
>>
>>30650007
TILA tequila is vietnamese. Get your racial slur right, you dumb shit.
>>
>>30650079

Same difference, dirty asians.
>>
>>30649981
You missed the aug
>>
>>30650094
Be real, dawg. How many years were you held back in school, and how many times did your mommy's boyfriends beat you?
>>
>>30638495

Miniature rifle cartridge that really does require adequate barrel length to perform.

It really shines during fully automatic fire with its minimal recoil but this is something most people will never be able to utilize.
>>
>>30649771
and the term FFL CLASS LICENCE isn't really correct either.

If you are going to correct someone, get it right

they are special occupational taxes, NOT FFL "Licences".

A "class 3 FFL licence" or "Class 2 FFL licence" DOES NOT EXIST

They are correctly called SOT (Special Occupational Tax).

So a SOT 02 is the tax needed to be paid every year to allow the manufacturing of NFA items, including post samples.

a SOT 03 (what people confuse as a "CLASS 3") is the tax you need to pay yearly to deal in NFA items, including post samples which can be transferred to military, LEO, other SOT 03 or 02 holders.
>>
>>30650128
u talk'em, homie
>>
>>30643119
So you heavily researched every 5.7 round on the market but how does the best 5.7 defense round compare to the best 9mm round?
>>
>>30650079
No she's a Philippino shit skin. Just like Marisa. And it's
TULA
U
L
A
>>
>>30650580
Pretty good. See for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMlxdp1cSw
>>
>>30638613

>My P90 is still in the box, owned it for 10 years and never shot it.

The fuck?
>>
>>30650751
I...I concur....what the fuck
>>
>>30638613
>>30650751
Don't tell me it's really a full auto P90...
>>
>>30638495
From the 16" barreled ps90 some of the available rounds are decently lethal.

None of them are really worth a shit from the five-seven. The short barrel gives up too much velocity.

As far as ammo: Some of the rounds will penetrate a IIa vest, but so do a few available .22mag rounds from pistols. The AP and FMJ rounds icepick, the Vmax doesn't get acceptable penetration (from the pistol). This is where the opposing stories come from: mil and LE agencies use the blacktip AP specifically for the armor penetration but never shoot anyone in armor, then bitch about no terminal performance from their non expanding, non fragmenting ammo. Then, through a 16" barrel, the 40gr fmj fragments reliably at modest ranges and is a viable hunting round. But so is .22mag through a rifle, which has also killed a ton of hogs.
>>
>>30650794
You don't know much about it at all.

>IIa
lel. Even the American Eagle FMJ practice round penetrates Level II. For IIIa youll want to go for Elite Ammunition T6B or S4M.
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.