[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger American Pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: ruger-american.jpg (197KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
ruger-american.jpg
197KB, 1500x844px
What went wrong?
>>
>>30625945
Your mother conceived.
>>
They came up with completely different design when they should've just improved upon the sr9, which is passable
>>
>>30625945
The slopped sights meant you couldn't rack it on the side of your leg
>>
They molded a (((lawyer))) mark into the frame.
>>
>>30626007

This. The SR9 in "pro" form without any safety would be a decent offering. Throw in some optional bells and whistles like tritium sights and threaded barrels and they'd sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>30626050
A what?
>>
They should have brought back the P-95.
>>
>>30626129
Warning/disclaimer to not be retarded with the pistol and that if you are acting retarded then it's not their fault/problem.
>>
>>30625960
Kek
>>
>>30626129
Also, he's a /pol/nigger and ((())) is his way of warning you about the jews.
>>
I bought mine as a first handgun. I think the problem is that it's not very functionally different than a glock, and it has a way smaller aftermarket, so why not buy a glock
>>
>>30625945
They took the SR series, made it uglier, less ergonomic, made it so the beaver tail area smashes your thumb knuckle, and gave it a gay name.

Any other questions?
>>
File: 1467081078366.jpg (24KB, 263x309px) Image search: [Google]
1467081078366.jpg
24KB, 263x309px
>>30627583
>>
>>30627604
I don't understand your memes sir
>>
>>30627583
price.

Someone needs to make a glock clone that is as interchangable as a glock without the hurr durr muh LEO muh socom mark up.
>>
>>30627664
The Ruger American could be that, but the problem is that it requires massive adoption. It's the same reason Facebook doesn't have any credible competitors
>>
because the polymer pistol market is already saturated as fuck
>>
>>30625945

Having shot one and comparing it to non-LEO prices, I don't think they did anything wrong. It retails for close to a hundred less than a g17 gen 4, has a smooth, crisp trigger for a polymer, striker fired factory trigger, decent sites and is bulky, but it's not really a carry gun, so whatever. The backstrap is shaped in such a way that forces the palm to deeply engage the back of the gun in a high grip without trying, and it's a comfortable shooter.
>>
>>30625945
>Ruger
>American-made

pick two
>>
>>30625945
My Walther P99 has the same retarded stuff written on its frame.
>>
>>30625945
>>Ruger

There's your problem right there
>>
>>30625945
Military arms channel shit on it before anyone else could review it, which caused people to have an inherent hate toward it. Then when other reviewers actually got a hold of the pistol and found nothing wrong with the gun, it was already too late.

Hickock45 did a review and found no negatives other than that it was heavier and would only be good as a duty pistol.

Around the time MAC did their review, there was a video of two dudes doing their own torture test on it(freezing in block of ice/throwing at walls/filling it with dip and beer), that convinced me to buy one.

Recently a gentlman put up multiple reviews about the pistol, to include a 1000 round after action review. I think his name was ruger ranger or something like that, he films it in a barn type setting.

The thumb knuckle bite is a rumor started by MAC that everyone else has copied.

My personal opinion on the gun is:
>heavier barrel build and factory approved to shoot +p ammo
>smallest backstrap makes it feel like a 1911
>my trigger came out at 3.5-4lbs, so no need for changes
>ambi controls let me practice shooting with either hand
>built solid and robust as per ruger standard
>heavier weight means less felt recoil

Negatives are
>holster options are limited to blade tech and safariland for owb holsters
>the entirety of aftermarket is only sold on ruger site, so for instance, they have holsters for it(iwb/owb) but you cant buy it direct from safariland, you have to buy it off ruger site

Tldr
Gun is good. Its only use would be as a home defense gun or duty/mil gun because of how heavy it is.
>>
>>30627800
This and only this. The gun's completely fine, it's only crimes are being ugly as shit and not very interesting or fundamentally different enough from the competition.
>>
File: 20160715_150521.jpg (472KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_150521.jpg
472KB, 4128x2322px
>>30629847
My CZ as well, I hate it, but its not so noticeably, Ruger rifles are much worse, they have a whole instruction manual printed on the barrel.
>>
>>30630017
In your opinion, would you call the American combat capable on par with say, the Glock 17 or Beretta M9?
>>
>>30629853
/Thread
>>
File: glock[1].png (221KB, 469x400px) Image search: [Google]
glock[1].png
221KB, 469x400px
>>30627583
this is literally every wannabe glock

everyone wants to be a special snowfla/k/e though so thus we have the grenade meme and dozens of copycat striker fired plastic framed firearms
>>
>There aren't any gun Transformers yet, let's fix that gentlemen.

I agree with a Pro variant coming out in place of the 45c where they take off the mag disconnect, switch the indicator to a window, put a much better grip on it, give it decent sights, and throw the new rail on it. They insist on trickling out a new variant every year to see if things work out.
>>
>>30631282
I would say yes, since it is rated from factory for +p and the barrel is thicker. Which means extended barrel life. Also the torture test those reviewers did showed how durable everything was without any failures. I personally havnt had any failures in the ~2000 rounds ive owned it. The trigger may need to be made heavier for standard issue, maybe increase to 6-8lbs.
>>
File: ruger-american-takedown.jpg (48KB, 750x520px) Image search: [Google]
ruger-american-takedown.jpg
48KB, 750x520px
>>30631282
I agree with >>30633171.
I've had mine since January, and haven't had any issues at all with it. I'm not planning on doing any crazy adjustments or customization to it, so I don't find it necessary to buy a glock.
When I bought it, I was specifically looking for a reliable plastic pistol that wasn't a glock.

A secondary feature is that I find the American Pistol very pleasing to the eye, while the glock looks very bland. That's not why I bought it though.

Also, the knuckle bite thing is a myth, unless you're holding it incorrectly.
>>
>>30625945
It's Ruger.
John Moses Browning knows that they can't do an autoloaders of any kind worth a damn to save their life, heaven forbid an auto loading pistol.
>>
>>30633171
Forgot to mention, if you have small hands that make holding even sig 226 uncomfortable, and prefer a 1911 size grip. The smallest grip size is perfect.
>>
>>30630080
>Read barrel before use
>>
File: BIll.png (216KB, 852x1008px) Image search: [Google]
BIll.png
216KB, 852x1008px
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.