[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.50 Raufoss bullet fired from a musket.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Raufoss_NM140_MP_(en).svg.png (139KB, 1920x975px) Image search: [Google]
Raufoss_NM140_MP_(en).svg.png
139KB, 1920x975px
Alright. Little shitfaced right now and had an idea whilst thinking about what happens if shit hits the fan and I need a rifle that can penetrate thick slabs of concrete and steel. Would it be possible to fire a .50 caliber raufoss round or conventional ball or AP-I bullets themselves from a percussion .50 caliber rifle. Anyone of you anons brave enough to actually test this. I want to know whether or not if I had a musket and came across a large amount of .50bmg but no ma deuce or Barrett to fire it, I'll still be able to kill vehicles and other hard targets.
>>
>>30600723
Anyone up for an anti-tank musket?
>>
>>30600723
What use would any loyal subject of the crown have for a musket that can pierce a fort?
>>
>>30600929
Kek
>>
>>30600723
You should be able to fire a .50 cal bulket from a musket with a .50 cal bore, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. It just won't go that fast
>>
>>30600929
he fancies he may sink one of his majesty's fourth-rates directly and individually! hah! to think one might topple the crown all by his lonesome, shot by shot!
>>
>>30600723
It'd be easier just to slap a .50 cal upper onto a AR-15 lower.

Percussion rifles (modern ones) use PYRODEX, which isn't as powerful as smokeless powder, and to get that power you might break the barrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1Wq_ohjIk
>>
>>30600723
If the musket was unrifled, the bullet would just tumble everywhere, and you wouldn't be able to hit shit.
If it was rifled, muskets usually have a very slow twist, and it's unlikely that such a long projectile would stabilize properly.
>>
>>30600723
pst

buy a barret
>>
>>30600929
What use does any gentleman have for a firearm when you can simply end him rightly with the pommel of your sword?
>>
>>30602276
Why not just order the barrel off a barret and put it into the musket stock?
>>
File: 234575823483458.jpg (122KB, 898x1077px) Image search: [Google]
234575823483458.jpg
122KB, 898x1077px
>>30602276
Uh duh, you rifle the slugs. We don't live in the 1800's anymore.
>>
File: One-Does-Not-Simply.jpg (30KB, 568x335px) Image search: [Google]
One-Does-Not-Simply.jpg
30KB, 568x335px
>>30604278
>Uh duh, you rifle the slugs. We don't live in the 1800's anymore.
One does not simply rifle a raufoss.
>>
Sure

You'd need a faster twist than normal, but that's ok; custom barrel

You wouldn't get much velocity, but I'm sure it'll be high enough to set off the mixture
>>
>>30600723
Do you mean pull the bullets? Then get your muzzle load on? If so, look up effective ranges for said rounds. From there you should be able to extrapolate usable velocity for each individual bullet. Backtrack for muzzle velocity related to your setup.

The real question is how can you pull raufoss slugs? Collets make sense. Don't want to blow your hands/face off before you even get loaded. Hammering out impact detonated explosives, seems risky. Doesn't matter if you can't push them fast enough.

For all of the above. IV8888 fired more than one 50bmg from an hr single shot 12 gauge. Are the zombie hordes upon you? Slap that 50 in a 12, and drop the hammer. Good luck holding onto it.
>>
>>30602276
If you weren't pushing the original intended velocity, you wouldn't need the same twist to stabilize.

Slower forward progress, slower rifling twist. Same stability. It might have "rainbow" trajectory. But, nobody shoots that far anyway.

3030 will bust your ass, at 600. The bazillion feet of drop at that range. Puts it out of most people's minds as being effective.

Go look at 45-70 ballistics. Then think about guys dropping buffalo at 1200-1600 yards. First round hits with iron sights.

It's out there if you look hard enough. Nothing wrong with lobbing for hits. They all lob the same way.

Blackpowder raufoss when?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.